• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning Mafia - Game Over!!!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am reading through the game again once I found some posts of Ryker near the beginning and I just got sucked into reading again.

Gorf & Kuz are one mafia team. I'll refer to them as Fire for now. You're transparent, get at me.
Found this gem and was chuckling how it's kind of funny he decided to refer to Gord as Fire mafia as his scum-pick and Gord is claiming to be Fire Mafia as well. Idk, may hold weight but may just be coincidence so I just found it as a funny quote if Ryker does end up being lightning mafia.

Still reading.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Dude when Ryker called me Fire I lol'd, and then later out through yesterDay I was like "oshii it could all make sense yo!"

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You guys are misinterpreting how I deal with Ryker. It's not that I choose to fear and ignore him completely, it's that I don't bother dealing with him during the phase where it is never in my interest to **** around with him, which is D1-D2.

I will deal with Ryker when I feel it is necessary to do so. I've said this from the beginning. Regardless of our alignments, I gain nothing by butting heads with him early game when things become emotional cases, less evidence-based. :l

#HBC | Gorf

No. I don't believe that a townie thinks like that. Avoiding a player you think may be scum because you're not confident in your ability to out verbalize him is sad. It's in your interest to scum hunt, correct? Well then it's not in your interest to avoid the idea of crossing a player who very well may be scum (which he very well may be in every game, since the chances are all equally similar). The point is, if you're town, ignore the fact that Ryker is Ryker and give me a read on the fourth player slot in this game. If that constitutes rereading to see how the fourth playerslot has played this game, so be it. But you're doing absolutely nothing to help town win mang, I'm doing more than you for town and I'm CLAIMED SCUM.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
It's a statement that has to be fact. Scum have nothing to go on but player reputation, whether it be "this player is a threat" or "this player always looks townie" or "this player is stubborn and I don't want to deal with them this game." My point was that, regardless of how scum had picked to incap last Night, the decision could not have been made based on play relating specifically to this game, which means that neither Kuz nor HipSam were chosen for any reasons more strategic than the examples I gave above. I can't remember why that even needed to be clarified at the time.

My instinct when I read the incaps at the start of the Day was to save Kuz. The play from both he and HipSam so far has backed up that gut feeling. My uncap isn't set in stone, but I'm certainly biased toward Kuz at this point. HipSam might be scum. Pretty confident Kuz is not. Right now.

Too interested in how he's being perceived and too interested in indirectly overselling how town he is. He brought up the fact that scum didn't incap him multiple times at the beginning of the Day, stating that he was surprised he didn't get incap'd and that scum would regret neglecting him. This is potentially him trying to spin a nulltell to look like a towntell—it felt grimy then and it still does.

Not to mention, dat red flag.
Just let HipSam die if that's the way you're leaning.

Here's some stances.

Ryker's suspicion of Gorf was bull**** and KevinM's suspicion of me was bull****. From my point of view, looks like faked content and stances from both of 'em. With that said, aside from me being wary of both of them, they have nothing in common. But I could see either of them go toDay.

HipSam's looking for any scapegoat he can possibly find. How this isn't totally transparent to everyone is beyond me. Why does anyone want to uncap him? I'm particularly curious to read what Ryker has to say about it.

I've got leaning town reads on you, July, Gorf, Soup, and D. Horse.

Wouldn't mind a Joey lynch either.
Looking at these posts by Circus, it seems Circus had a bit of a hate towards Ryker in which should follow with a Circus tunnel to hell thingy. He was pulling up some decent things on Ryker that point to him being as scum but then Xonar asks Circus to remove his vote from Ryker and Circus just does this and follows Ryker. Huge red flags for me on Circus' part that I over-looked. A majority of Circus' posts during D1 near the beginning only revolve around Ryker, but Ryker does nothing for Circus at all and Circus does not follow up on Ryker.

This reminds me a lot of mine and Ryker's connection in FF9 mafia where if I were to ever adresse Ryker in the thread he would tell me later that he was ignoring me and that it was for the better.

Circus is also known for having a little tunnel syndrome but something is just really rubbing me the wrong way with his switch to KevinM so easily on D1. Circus and Ryker begin to drop off the face of the earth for the rest of the day though I believe Ryker was V/LA but I can't be bothered to go digging for that right now. Circus on the other hand is just not around.

Vote: Ryker
FoS: Circus

I've changed my mind. I want one of these two dead toDay please. ^^

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Gorf, this is going to be an idealistic difference between us that won't be resolved. We'll discuss it post-game if you really care.

I will read into the Ryker tomorrow.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Don't avoid the point I'm making here.

Your vote is useless on Ryker. It's fake pressure and fruitless. Join me in a KeviM lynch, we should off him today.
Vote: KevinM

I'm down with that.

But I hope you're not giving Ryker extra rope because you're bros with him or whatever you kids are calling it these days.
^^This is not Circus whatsoever.

Starting to take a double back on KevinM but it's only because I am looking at Circus/Ryker so much moreso now.

#HBC | Gorf

@Raz fair enough.

@J I knew you'd pull through mang. Circus and Ryker both did have V/LA's, and at around the same time, but that isn't what is incriminating. It's the fact that they went totally off of the face of the thread. Plus, the fact of the matter is that Ryker mentions Circus as a dissonant scum read, one which is fairly easy to rub off of, or further yourself into, during crisis situations. I wasn't so positive about Circus/Ryker, just because Ryker voiced Circus as scummy, but now that I'm thinking about it, it can easily come off as scum distancing. I'm not totally in to discount Ryker/Raz, but chances are that a reread from Raz and reads to back himself up will help him out.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gord, you said something about Ryker+Xonar. Can you explain this?

Also why do you want town to win instead of your faction of your other scum-buddy? This seems really generous and.....odd.

#HBC | Gorf

J said:
Gord, you said something about Ryker+Xonar. Can you explain this?

Also why do you want town to win instead of your faction of your other scum-buddy? This seems really generous and.....odd.
I retract any Xonar scum read I had in the past. He reads town to me now because looking back, his play gives me absolutely no scum vibes.

Of course I want Fire to win, but I'm fighting for Ice to lose more than anything, and that's what all of my thought is going into for as long as I'm alive. To me, a loss to town is one thing... But a loss to ICE is waaaaaaay worse.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Interesting view of the game. You have given us a lot of info to work with if you are telling the truth so now it falls to people actually coming back and posting things. >.<"

#HBC | Gorf

You'll see proof in my truth soon enough with my scum flip. I have nothing to lie about at this point mang. Or you can just believe cuz there's really no reason not to, I mean, what do I have to lie about lol.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh there is a vast amount of things you could have to lie about.

Plus do you really expect us to just flat out believe you when you claimed mafia? Won't work.

Ryker has three votes. Myself+You+Rajam

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
It's true that I know a bit when a Gord is lying but the thing is, a Gord is also known for having some very unique ways of playing amirite?

#HBC | Gorf

But I'm not Gord...

I'm Gorf :cool:

As long as you know to what extent you can trust me, than we can be on a similar page. Remember mang, I'm fighting mafia in an almost equal manner that YOU'RE fighting mafia. So as long as our interactions are about fighting that said mafia, there should be no obstructions along the way.

Obtw if this isn't the best way to reunite with you J then idk what is LMFAO.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ok so Gord claimed mafia that really didn't surprise me, I said I didn't like him D1 and I guess this just proved why I was getting scummy vibes. I would say Kuz is a possibility because of how quickly he dismissed me saying Gord scum was possible but then again he also backed me up when I said Circus scum was entirely plausible.

Also @ J you said specifically towards me something along the lines of

"Where is your case on CircuScum?"

My case is without rereading through the thread pick one hard stance he's had on the game that isn't relevant to the OMGUS on me that he tried to play off as "He called me out on being inactive when there were other people inactive as well"

I can give you a hint on something here

Gord: Ryker
Xonar: Myself
Myself: Xonar/Gord/Circus
Circus: ...

See where we have an interesting slot..

I can't think of one solid stance Circus has taken since this game has started and he's done a whole lot of nothing D2.

In B4 he comes in and tries to swing the vote because he's not the only person not posting again and people blindly follow his silly "why me not them" argument.

Ryker can go
Circus can go

Xonar Leaning Town
Dark Hourse Leaning Town

Kuz's list I would like to take stock in but we already know one of his 100%'s was wrong...

#HBC | Gorf

^Agreed with points on Circus. Gives me even more of a Ryker/Circus feel.

@Mod may I edit a past post in order to get Rajam's attention to the end of the thread, rather than having to undergo him playing catchup?

#HBC | Gorf

Thinking about going total propoganda mode just so that the idea of a Ryker wagon doesn't fade into the dark lonely abyss of nothingness. Hell, you know what, I AM going to go into propoganda mode!

@DH, gimme your thoughts on Ryker with your refreshed reread that you said you were doing.

@Soup, you know you wanna.

@Laundry, it's been said that you've always wanted to help get a Ryker scum lynch going. Well, now's your chance dude, hop on in! You're confirmed town btw, I hope you take that baton and run wild with it.

@Circus, want some town points? Come on board the wagon!

@Xonar, Uncap Xonar. I hope I gave you enough to work with here with respect to a Rykerscum lynch. Anything else, feel free to ask away. I'm an open book.

@Raz you have FOUR people definitely backing Ryker scum right now. Is that enough for you to be comfortable calling Ryker scum?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
@J I knew you'd pull through mang. Circus and Ryker both did have V/LA's, and at around the same time, but that isn't what is incriminating. It's the fact that they went totally off of the face of the thread. Plus, the fact of the matter is that Ryker mentions Circus as a dissonant scum read, one which is fairly easy to rub off of, or further yourself into, during crisis situations. I wasn't so positive about Circus/Ryker, just because Ryker voiced Circus as scummy, but now that I'm thinking about it, it can easily come off as scum distancing. I'm not totally in to discount Ryker/Raz, but chances are that a reread from Raz and reads to back himself up will help him out.

What? I went off the face of the map in TWO OTHER GAMES THAT YOU ARE PLAYING IN AS WELL!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I retract any Xonar scum read I had in the past. He reads town to me now because looking back, his play gives me absolutely no scum vibes.

Of course I want Fire to win, but I'm fighting for Ice to lose more than anything, and that's what all of my thought is going into for as long as I'm alive. To me, a loss to town is one thing... But a loss to ICE is waaaaaaay worse.
So Gorf seriously claimed mafia?

I've just been reading the last page.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So unless you want to believe that Kuz is my scummate, which none of you do because it's not true, he is CONFIRM'D TOWN.
Interesting. Except I think you are scum together.

About Kuz, that QT is just a **** ton of work for the purpose of looking town. That's the only reason he did it. Not to help him and not to take notes. From all of my experience with him, it's something he does not do and does not need to do. That means he did it for a reason. That reason would be to post in thread in order to gain free town points.

And for the record, no, it's not hard to fake a QT from a town perspective if that is your objective.

Kuz' case against Ryker absolutely holds merit, in that Ryker did what he needed to do in order to gain town points, and disappeared afterward.
No, that's wrong. I played the beginning the way I did because I thought Kuz was scum and I did NOT want him to take over the thread as he is capable of doing. See my play in Kingmaker where I believed Kuz was scum on Day One.

IT IS NOT A TOWN TELL THAT HE SCUM HUNTED AND PINNED SCUM. He caught me in the scum tell of hating on his scum hunting, he is absolutely correct, and after the game ends you can see where I s*** bricks when he said that. But after he (correctly) scumhunted, he faded into the coasting game, before AND after his V/LA.
What, are you ********? Look at Pulp Fiction or any other game where I declare V/LA. I never catch up quickly and half the time I never even read the ****ing game. Also look at Pulp Fiction as an example of what happens when I /in too much ****.

The fact of the matter is, he's done NOTHING this game except drill on me and Kuz.
Ayup. It's the only thing I've really been confident on and stayed constant through my exposure in this game. Deal with it.

His suspicion of KevM is totally empty, and probably because it's an easy person to place suspicion on, with him being a popular scum candidate.
Yet I had that from BEFORE he was a popular scum pick and it was forced out in the open by you, a scum player, trying to get a weak read from me. Good job with that.

And his lolread on Circus, the inactive? SHIZ, what the eff is that?
Me remembering Superheroes. I don't remember a stance he had there either.

His post have been nothing but tunneling me and Kuz, while using that to get by throughout all of the game.
Yup. Gotcha!

If you let him live through toDay, don't. LYNCH HIM. As far as his scummate goes, I wouldn't be surprised if it were any of Circus, Raziek or even maybe even Xonar (but that's probz a reach), and I will make sure I use all of the time I have toDay to work with some of my town reads in order to get this through. BUT WE'RE LYNCHING RYKER.
Come at me bro. What you're doing here, with this play, is trying to confirm you're scummate as town for the remainder of the game and lynching the only player who would possibly challenge that. It's the only motivation you could have in claiming scum that I can see. Even if your priority is indeed killing Ice, then letting your partner take credit for it is the better move.

Your scummate is either Kuz or a weaker player. I would still say Circus is another scum member. If Kuz isn't your partner, I would look at Rajam and where his support of your wagon begins since I don't know where that is.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Kuz + Gorf.

Gorf admits that I correctly called him for going against his meta and cutting me off. Says he was ****ting bricks about it. Why in the HELL would he do that as scum if not for me pinning them. He has nothing to lose and EVERYTHING to gain from letting me and Kuz bicker if we are both town.

#HBC | Gorf

Interesting. Except I think you are scum together.

About Kuz, that QT is just a **** ton of work for the purpose of looking town. That's the only reason he did it. Not to help him and not to take notes. From all of my experience with him, it's something he does not do and does not need to do. That means he did it for a reason. That reason would be to post in thread in order to gain free town points.

And for the record, no, it's not hard to fake a QT from a town perspective if that is your objective.
This is true, that his notes are not necessarily a tell either way. But it's doubtful Kuz planned on getting banned/replacing out/whatever the **** happened with him, so this is null and void. Plus he's town, but I don't see why you felt the need to bring this point up...

Ryker said:
No, that's wrong. I played the beginning the way I did because I thought Kuz was scum and I did NOT want him to take over the thread as he is capable of doing. See my play in Kingmaker where I believed Kuz was scum on Day One.
... No, that's right. The convenience between all of the arguments against you are too much to deny that. Plus, can you tell me what Kuz' alignment was in Kingmaker again? Oh, that's right.

Ryker said:
What, are you ********? Look at Pulp Fiction or any other game where I declare V/LA. I never catch up quickly and half the time I never even read the ****ing game. Also look at Pulp Fiction as an example of what happens when I /in too much ****.
Difference is you weren't scummy as f*** in Pulp Fiction.

Ryker said:
Ayup. It's the only thing I've really been confident on and stayed constant through my exposure in this game. Deal with it.
Weak.

KevM said:
Yet I had that from BEFORE he was a popular scum pick and it was forced out in the open by you, a scum player, trying to get a weak read from me. Good job with that.
It was weak then, and it's weak now. At the time, iirc, he was one of the few people that had POSTED at all during the course of the game... And iirc, you had even put Xonar as his scummate, and not Circus who had also posted and who people had also found scummy... HMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Ryker said:
Me remembering Superheroes. I don't remember a stance he had there either.
If you're not scum for being V/LA neither is he. But good try though.

Ryker said:
Come at me bro. What you're doing here, with this play, is trying to confirm you're scummate as town for the remainder of the game and lynching the only player who would possibly challenge that. It's the only motivation you could have in claiming scum that I can see. Even if your priority is indeed killing Ice, then letting your partner take credit for it is the better move.
Actually, I'm try'na make sure Lightning doesn't win this game by letting my guards down and making the enemy of my enemy my friend, in town.

Ryker said:
Your scummate is either Kuz or a weaker player. I would still say Circus is another scum member. If Kuz isn't your partner, I would look at Rajam and where his support of your wagon begins since I don't know where that is.
Your lack of care is incredible for being at L-3 + wagon support.

#HBC | Gorf

Ryker said:
Kuz + Gorf.

Gorf admits that I correctly called him for going against his meta and cutting me off. Says he was ****ting bricks about it. Why in the HELL would he do that as scum if not for me pinning them. He has nothing to lose and EVERYTHING to gain from letting me and Kuz bicker if we are both town.
I was correctly pinned, caused a brick to come out of my bum, what can I say?... Oh, and you're right... you and Kuz AREN'T both town, but thanks for clarifying that mang.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Uncap Brosuke

Vote: KevinM

D1, I pretty much would have taken Ryker or KevinM. And I still think there's a good chance they're both scum.

But Kevin is definitely scum.

Gorf, you want to tell us which of them is your partner?

Also, Raz isn't on Kevin's faction, but there's a good chance he's scum too.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
After all the information of D2.. this is what you have to offer us?

**** this **** I'm not letting you play like this anymore

Vote Circus

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I had a post typed out on you but there's literally nothing to write about and you're play is just frustrating me beyond all semblence of mafia..

You're just scum coasting and painting ez targets. "Uncap the guy I haven't had any interactions with, vote for the safe vote that is ignoring my scummate/someone I'd have to do fake scumhunting on since I'm scum."

God its frustrating.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
J, what do yu mean by his Qt "not being genuiine?" He obviously brought up the actual thing, so I don't see how it can be fake.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
KevinM, after Circus posting that post I am wanting to vote him really badly. However, we need to lynch Ryker toDay. He is the bigger threat out of the two and the one we need to get out first.

Look at his shoddy defense that mainly consists of self-meta and beating a dead horse by only going againts Gord and labeling why he is scum when he already claimed as such and not delving more into why Kuzi is scum. The only thing that Kuzi is scum for is apparant association right now with Gord. He's flailing and needs to go.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Reading up soonish.

Request deadline extension
Project due tomorrow, test tomorrow, tuesday, thursday, book report due thursday.
Washedlaundry needs to catch up.

Yeah I'm pretty busy and I personally would like to see an extension here.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Read surface level up 'til now.
@Xonar, Uncap Xonar. I hope I gave you enough to work with here with respect to a Rykerscum lynch. Anything else, feel free to ask away. I'm an open book.
Who's your scummate? :troll:

An elaborate readlist on everyone.
With elaborate I mean elaboration where necessary. Things that you thought were off. Preferably, I'd like to see how your reads progressed.

unvote
Scumlist just got a lot more interesting. Got some thinking to do...

J, as soon as you read this, reply. I want some conversation with you. You can start off with a bullet list presentation of the Ryker case.

Top Bottom