• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm curious. You said his play mirror's Luigi's Mansion. How does this little stint with Glarg (that one is sticking) match with that assessment? @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf you should answer that for me too. Half this hydra was in that game too.
It is either parallel to his distancing with soup that game (I don't think this is the case), or it is an outlier example of him scumhunting since there are two scum teams and even the scum can hunt for other scum.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Secondly, if town, Soup can't pressure another slot while having an RVS wagon on him. Flat out he tries to pressure another slot, people think he's ignoring the pressure on himself and use that to push him.

Third, it's very easy (and common) for RVS wagons to be the lynch, not by HBC or quicklynch, but just for "information" as I see in a lot of games. Let me tell you, it sucks to be the RVS wagon who gets lynched for information because no other good lynch was reached.

Fourth, maybe Soup did actually think something about MiR was suspicious and really wanted to get to it.

Fifth, it's what Soup does, period. He's a player who attempted to Day Lynch someone Day 1 in Fire Emblem mafia because a case was being built against him and he didn't want to deal with it despite there being a decent amount of time left in that Day, Also, Soup was town that game. That's just the most recent example I can think of, he's emotional, he gets angry, he gets nervous, he does things that people take as scummy when with him, it's pretty null.
Don't know, I don't think I feel as confident about the soup lynch after reading this. Specially this part.

Secondly, if town, Soup can't pressure another slot while having an RVS wagon on him. Flat out he tries to pressure another slot, people think he's ignoring the pressure on himself and use that to push him.
This was my main reason for maintaining my vote on Soup's slot. It seemed like he was trying to deflect attention from him by calling MiR into it. I think Its actually a good point, he probably was trying to put pressure on another slot considering it was RVS after all. My other two reasons where his outburst and he stating that he did not feel the pressure when he clearly did.

On his outburst, everyone this game has pretty much stated this is something he'd do regardless of alignment, so I just ruled that out. That just leaves him lying about the pressure which I don't think by itself is good enough evidence to maintain a vote on him. His replacement BLS has pretty much spent the entire game bickering back and forth with MiR.

Seriously they look like a married couple... or double couple.. or whatever.

@ Top Deck BLS Top Deck BLS Gonna ask again: Can you please elaborate on that readlist you did? @ Make it Rain! Make it Rain! Who else do you think looks suspicious aside from BLS?

Gonna re-read Raz cause its 16 pages in and he has posted, but I don't recall anything substantial. Also 16 pages in and Hollownote hasn't said anything yet. I've already tagged him like 4 times >:V

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
The thing with dabuz is that (as I strongly inferred in my last post) he's incoherent.

He spent all this time questioning me(with really retardedly safe questions) then all of the sudden, he claims that his intent was to try and convince me of soup/BLS's town POV?
That makes no sense.
Then he gives me this whole spiel on why quicklynching and RVS wagons are bad after I explicitly told him that that was not of interest at all.
His play seems legit scummy. I dont trust him at all.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
The thing with dabuz is that (as I strongly inferred in my last post) he's incoherent.

He spent all this time questioning me(with really retardedly safe questions) then all of the sudden, he claims that his intent was to try and convince me of soup/BLS's town POV?
That makes no sense.
Then he gives me this whole spiel on why quicklynching and RVS wagons are bad after I explicitly told him that that was not of interest at all.
His play seems legit scummy. I dont trust him at all.

Top Deck BLS

Ryker|Sephiroth
First things first, just put this out in the open: Why do you dislike us? Is it because of Raz or is there something more at play? Answer this and we'll get back to the rest of your stuff.
Read the thread before you make insinuations that it's not there.

Yes his question was a loaded question but that wasn't our reasoning it was an observation. Gova made it an explanation to Kantrip. Our original issue is how he treated Raz after that question. How he continued to hound him afterwards when Raz gave a legitimate reason for why he didn't answer the question.

I'm legit waiting to see where these multiple posts where he felt better about Raz's later post are in the thread.

Currently I also take issue with how he's approaching our slot. Because he knows Soup pulls this **** as town, and his stated reason for not liking our slot is that we're a lot of talk which is bull ****. We've been doing things since we've joined the game. It's like he's scrambling to keep a scum read on us, either out of paranoia or without a leading suspect to replace it.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Politoed said:
Another thing that's off to us is that Gorf latched pretty hard on the "scum needs to scumhunt" bone that Alex threw out pages ago. Now, I can understand this being because he's been in an F+L before and he's been burned by it before, but he's overstating it.
Reasons why people like dabuz:

He's scum hunting.

That's it. Aside from that his presence is weird. I acknowledge that he's scum hunting but my point is that it's not an excuse for what's been weird about his play.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Good lord! This thing exploded in my slumber.

A lot of back and forths going on.

Garg/dabuz
BLS/MiR

Feeling a bit better about dabuz but still leery because chunks of the LM play style still show. The back and forth with Garg is something that has no parallel to LM so

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Okay I got most of Raz's post on reverse chronological order (Newer posts at the top, older at the bottom)

I'm town-reading Potato at the moment, but I think his Gorf case is off-base.

Dabuz, what's with the fixation on the Garg slot?

@Handorin , other people have asked this already, but what's with the scumread on Garg?

BLS: What do you make of Gova's unusual degree of initiative compared to his usual play?
Okay this his latest post. I quoted it earlier when I said I agreed with his sentiment on Potassium's case against Gorf... but he doesn't really elaborate on it, he just brings it up which is something other people have already done and elaborated on (like I did, and like Garg did on a lesser extend).

Same with the Dabuz questions, he asks something other people already brought up.

Third here he does make a good question to BLS, but I honestly don't remember if BLS answered it. If BLS answered it then Raz hasn't followed him up on that yet since this was his last post on the game.

Town-lean, as of then, and also as of now.
Got asked what he thought of Gorf. He states a town-lean read, but doesn't expands on it.

Won't be back in the thread tonight, have work to do. See you sometime tomorrow evening probably.
:V

Soup, you're noting important things.

Why don't you just stay in?
Like above, I don't think its important to comment on this one, he is just asking Soup to not replace out.

Okay from here on out all of his quotes are related to the EXCITING MiR vs Raz chronologies.

So the question was ****, and you admit it was ****, but because I didn't want to touch that ****, I'm scummy?

How about I didn't want to bother wasting time on a dead end?

There is nothing to gain like you seem to think there is in your 249.

Seriously. Map this out for me. Say I gave you the answer I would have given "It's RVS".

Where does it go after that?
This is whack.

I did not "Dig my heels into the dirt."

I ignored your ****ty question that had no substance and no direction to go afterwards, and decided to do my own thing and find out a little bit about some players I don't know, while the Soup wagon progressed.

There WAS NO STANCE TO TAKE. I had nothing to say about it, because I can attribute no clear pro-town or scummy motive to you starting the wagon at that point.
That makes two of us.

You (Politoed) called me scum DIRECTLY in your 235 for refusing to answer it.

I explained why I didn't, and now that's not the issue at hand? The ****, man?
Your question was pointless.

The only correct answer "You did it to get reads/generate pressure/get our of RVS" leads nowhere even if I provided it.

Both of you know damn well that I don't participate in giving momentum to RVS wagons that I don't think will lead anywhere. That's why I let the wagon do its own thing and then talked to Soup myself to actually gain some information on him and his reads.

Gorf, can you explain to me why you're holding a scum read on Soup even after the wagon's conclusion? I was with you on his reactions seeming entirely too concerned with it (while he was saying otherwise), but I changed my mind after he explained himself. What made you stick to that read? Any post in specific?
Its Raz mostly stating why he did not answer the question. I can understand why he'd avoid it, but he is misunderstanding MiR's reasoning for latching on to him after he avoided the question. MiR already stated he didn't care about his stance since it was a RVS he just wanted him to answer the question.

He does ask Gorf a question about the soup wagon, but if Gorf answered it, Raz never got back on him on that.

Before this the rest of his quotes are him questioning the Soup slot. Mainly about his outburst and pointing out the contradiction on Soup's feelings about being pressured.

So in conclusion, Raz this game:

Asks Soup and Gorf some questions when the wagon on Soup was being formed, but drops it when the thing calms down. This is Raz's extend of contribution in this game. I omitted the quotes on these cause I don't think its necessary to compile those, but I will probably do it anyway, or if someone asks me to.

After that Raz gives two reads (on gorf and Potassium) but doesn't elaborate and asks questions to Dabuz and Handorin that other people already made.

He also asked Gorf that question about the Soup wagon, but doesn't follow on that if it was answered, same on that question he asked to BLS.

So @Raziek thoughts on everything so far? Waht do you make of MiR and Top Deck's back and forth? Thoughts on the Dabuz wagon? Do you agree with Gorf that scum hunting doesn't necessarily excuses Dabuz since there are two scum teams on this game?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Aaaaaall aboard!
Hold hands!
Get on da-buz train!
Da-buz train
@ Gargaglione Gargaglione
What do you think of yours and dabuz's back and forth? Helps me catch up a tad faster.

Also, what do you make of the MiR/BLS battle?
Dabuz really sketched me out.
I thought his fixation on me was odd to begin with, but then he began asking ridiculously safe and arbitrary questions. When I called him out on it, he claimed that his intent with all those questions was to have me understand soup/BLS's actions coming from a town POV.
The claim that THAT was his real intention is absolutely nonsensical, as none of his preceding questions were indicative of expressing that notion whatsoever.

In short, he's incoherent and he's playing in a way where I cannot trust him.

I also think his complete change in playstyle to analyzing every player with extensive wallposts is also bizarre and reflective of his incoherent behavior

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Aaaaaall aboard!
Hold hands!
Get on da-buz train!
Da-buz train

Dabuz really sketched me out.
I thought his fixation on me was odd to begin with, but then he began asking ridiculously safe and arbitrary questions. When I called him out on it, he claimed that his intent with all those questions was to have me understand soup/BLS's actions coming from a town POV.
The claim that THAT was his real intention is absolutely nonsensical, as none of his preceding questions were indicative of expressing that notion whatsoever.

In short, he's incoherent and he's playing in a way where I cannot trust him.

I also think his complete change in playstyle to analyzing every player with extensive wallposts is also bizarre and reflective of his incoherent behavior
Edbwop: reflective of his inconsistent behavior

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
ok, i entered the game on page 4, the first quote you linked starts on page 12

i dont know how someone skips that many pages in which to make the most hilarious misconstrue ive seen

the posts about soup that you are probably referring to dont go anywhere cause no one supporting his lynch has really made a good arguement in my opinion on why his temper-tantrum is scummy

i already drew a comparison to scott pilgrim mafia where this similar situation happened;

also, the push on MiR is not borrowed content, raz and i were on him about this catch up for a while, if anyone is borrowing reasoning it would have been from us

@ Gargaglione Gargaglione i'd like to know why you liked that post, pretty sure you were around at the time so you would know all of that stuff isnt true and that i was in the game much earlier than dabuz seems to think

didn't you not like them too? i went backed and liked some posts that were related to it where it seemed that way

unless you understand the point im missing that MiR is talking about
Forgot to respond to this

I liked his post in as a way of a sassy reminder to respond to me instead

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Read the thread before you make insinuations that it's not there.
I'm not insinuating ****, just making sure. Moral high ground is one heck of a drug. But that's besides the point.

How he continued to hound him afterwards when Raz gave a legitimate reason for why he didn't answer the question.
Okay, we could've handled this better by defusing the endless discussion on it earlier, but we tried to and I think you too can see that we weren't hounding Raz afterwards at all, at least not by my definition. What we simply did was explain why we decided to highlight Raz's entry which to us seemed like sidelining in an early stage of the game, and that's all we were shooting for, highlighting.

I'm legit waiting to see where these multiple posts where he felt better about Raz's later post are in the thread.
We liked Raz better when he started getting involved.

Why are you worried about being a scapegoat if this is just an RVS wagon?
^ and onwards basically.

If you were asking where we stated that we started to like Raz more, it was in our initial series of posts during catchup.

His more recent posts are better, once he realizes he can't dodge the Soup wagon any longer and is forced to start talking about it, but his early posts are just so bad that it'd be a crime not to highlight them.
Some other posts that accentuate the fact that we were talking about just Raz's early game.

http://smashboards.com/threads/fire...on-conquest-day-1.346599/page-8#post-16259544

http://smashboards.com/threads/fire...on-conquest-day-1.346599/page-8#post-16259631

Currently I also take issue with how he's approaching our slot. Because he knows Soup pulls this **** as town, and his stated reason for not liking our slot is that we're a lot of talk which is bull ****. We've been doing things since we've joined the game. It's like he's scrambling to keep a scum read on us, either out of paranoia or without a leading suspect to replace it.
Conjecture aside, you can meta Soup's response away, it was still ugly for reasons lined out earlier. Go back and read them. I think Gorf commented with a similar opinion on Soup's reaction to the wagon. Fanny too. But even then, it's not relevant anymore now. The reason we pointed it out was because we wanted to show everyone why we were where we were. So that's that.

Try your best with the Soup angle, MiR. You have nothing since we've replaced in.
See, that's part of the issue. I want to have more on you so I can see where your head's at. You come in with a read list and no elaboration, which gives me a good idea of where your head's at, but less so what your alignment is. I asked for elaboration before. I asked for elaboration on a lot, but we'll get to that later because apparently there was a miscommunication there.

Let me tell you what my problem is.

The Soup wagon started as some stupid RVS and actually gained some value later on. Then you come in, you make a buncha posts which all literally come down to "MiR's Raz read is out of whack". Then you spend some more time pretending that is actually a point, IGNORING EVERY REQUEST WE MAKE ABOUT ELABORATION, instead DODGING THE POINT or going "we made it clear youre talking about Raz" but never ACTUALLY talking about what the ACTUAL issue is that you have with us. Then when we make a point about elaborating our issues with Soup, you straight up twist the point to make it look like we want to delve into a WIFOM wall trade.
This is why I don't want to talk with you. You're not actually interested in getting anywhere. You're interested in yelling a lot and turning posts sideways.

I didn't threaten, I promised to make WIFOM wall trades because that's what you have on Soup, a case heavily based in WIFOM based on what Soup does under pressure as town/scum. I also didn't avoid anything. I legitimately thought it was obvious and, MiR, I REPLACED INTO THE GAME. I AM ALLOWED TO HAVE PEOPLE MAKE IT TO POINTS BEFORE I DO WHEN I AM NOT HERE.
Okay. I'm not saying you threatened. I said that to us it looked like you were saying that WE wanted to dive into a WIFOM wall trade. I am interested in getting somewhere, I have no idea where you get the opposite idea from. Everything I said there, fafaik, is based on a comment you made before. Matter of fact is that getting into a discussion over who's twisting what or if there's any twisting at all won't get us anywhere, what will get us somewhere is the fact that you actually answered our questions, so let's leave that be.

One point of interest is in the underlined. I would like you to grab explain what exactly you thought was obvious, because that's basically (one of?) the last question mark(s) remaining.

Wait, wait, wait. I'm not allowed to turn it around, but I'm also not allowed to do more with things I've asked later? That's a double standard if I've ever seen one. If you take issue with that read's list, you could mention it. You could make an effort to obtain some of this mysterious information that you are complaining about me withholding that I have made no effort to hide. Instead, you sit and scream. That's cool though, you can die instead.
We don't sit and scream. We've asked you to elaborate. You ignored it. We scream at you to not ignore it. How's that for an effort to obtain that information?

You make another post this antagonistic, I will take it as proof you aren't actually trying to read anymore and you're just fishing for a lynch. I'll just start ignoring you.
I mean, your posts contain climbs for high ground.

So to sum it up:

- We started feeling better about Raz come involvement, and actually did state it

- We did not sit and scream, we screamed at you because you ignored us thinking your points were obvious (???)

getting to fanny regarding dabuz and some direction now

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
You have 3 votes on you how are you L-3?
Thought there was 4 on me.

ok, i entered the game on page 4, the first quote you linked starts on page 12

i dont know how someone skips that many pages in which to make the most hilarious misconstrue ive seen

the posts about soup that you are probably referring to dont go anywhere cause no one supporting his lynch has really made a good arguement in my opinion on why his temper-tantrum is scummy

i already drew a comparison to scott pilgrim mafia where this similar situation happened;

also, the push on MiR is not borrowed content, raz and i were on him about this catch up for a while, if anyone is borrowing reasoning it would have been from us
Looking back at earlier in the game, i'll be honest, I did not notice your presence since it was so small. Like rereading it, i'm kinda just thinking to myself "meh" in terms of content. Something else that bothers me is that, even though i'll admit on being wrong about you just saying what other people have said, your latest strings of posts didn't bring anything new to the table compared to your opening posts. What do you think of the wagon on me atm? Do you have any input to provide on recent posts?

Well guys, after school and work all day yesterday, I can see I have quite a few pages to read up on, but to be quick and answer the dying question of:

Why was there a contradiction in my notes about Garg?

Because I was just blazing through 11-12 pages, forgot what I noted about him, then got scum vibes from him later, or mad at him, or something. I'll definitely review it though when I get the time. Which I don't know when that would be.
Please do that, we want you in this game Hando ;-;

dabunz why did you like this post
It made me laugh is the reason.

Anyway, gonna look at the posts by MiR and BLS now since I kind of avoided everything that wasn't directed at me or a response to me.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Fine.

You already said you liked Dabuz's recent posts more. What do you make of the current votes on him?
what's hilarious is i intended to respond to drew's post asking us the same and then never did. i blame sheepses.

We're fine with Garg's point because Garg's is established from what's going on in-game. We can tell that his vote was built up from his interaction with dabuz based on talking about Soup. He's not reaching for reasons, he's not coming to illogical conclusions, he's just doing it.

Sheepses likes Gorf's 646 in response to his reasoning for voting dabuz--he thinks that it makes his thought process become clear and that helps his read on gorf because he likes the way gorf is handling it. I agreed with that logic.

Potato's the one we dislike the most on that wagon because it seemed weird that he builds up this case on gorf, even if it's built on feels and gutreads and ****, and then just drops it all to pursue his scumpick's then #2 scumread because "LM" and "safe play" and "poking things with sticks". That's whack to us.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
MiR vs. BLS is painful to read because the arguments just go in a circle and I don't see it going anywhere. I like MiR's more recent posts when not talking about Raz/ BLS and it would be cool if he could get a chance to push some other slots and not defend the Raz thing from earlier on.

Town, atm. Would take something solid to change my read.
Uh excuse me?
Reads list.

1. HollowNote null
2. Handorin null
3. Gargaglione town
4. Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry) scum lean
5. Gorf town lean
6. Raziek town lean
8. dabuz null
10. Fandangox town lean
11. Gova town
12. ScaryLB59 town lean
13. Potassium town

Lynch pool

1. Mir
2. HollowNote
3/4. Handorin
3/4. Dabuz

That's where we stand discuss.
I would like BLS to explain his reads a bit more since I don't have a good feel for the slot.

Also
One more then we're signing off for the night. But first we need to ask some questions.

Fanny, what do you make of Kantrip and Gova.
Raz, I want to take general stock of your surroundings, because I want to like you this game.
Gova, what are we going to do about Handorin and Dabuz this game?
Hollownote when you catch up which should be soon if you value your life. Make sure you give us a stance Gorf, Gova, Our selves and Dabunz.
Gorf, what's your read on Raz?
Kantrip, do you have a read on Fanny yet?

With that we'll be gloriously logging off for the night.
Speaking of safe questions, this. I can't find where BLS followed up the stuff here and it's kind of bothering me. BLS, did you get anything out of these questions or did you followup anywhere on them?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Also, Hollownote, if you drop by and read this:
Please replace out or begin partaking.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Honestly I've been slowly starting to throw out the stuff about Soup as I've seen you post. I don't like how Soup played this game early. I know his meta, yes, but that doesn't excuse a defensive reaction to one of the most obvious RVS wagons in existence, nor his constant attempts to try to throw it back at us. I am reminded of Soup in Tranquility where he responded somewhat similarly to Ruy drunkvoting him for the dumbest of reasons but the thing that held me back here is that Soup just ****ing stopped the game after a certain point and kept saying "yeh I'm waiting for Toed." Garg even made a point of this in his #528 while talking to Dabunz. So,at the time that we came back, he was still a mixed bag, and our thought process was to keep it up with Gorf and see if we could possibly see more of Soup.

Then he replaced out and you came in guns blazing with an overglorified OMGUS vote on me and I got real excited. I haven't had it out with you like this in a long while and if there's anyone that could give me a read into a slot, it's you. But instead of getting the Ryker I know and love, I kept getting ****. I got nothing for your reasons on anything. You keep saying "well I put them out there" but it wasn't until this page that I finally felt you have really extrapolated on anything. The most we got was one-lines or generalizations or anything (I mean, ****, dabuz just pointed that out), so rather than move my vote, I kept it there because I didn't like what you were doing either. This is the thing you've been missing: both of us have been focused on the whole, rather than the parts, but the issue has been taht there's not been a lot of you to focus on. I don't give much of a **** about Soup anymore, he's out of the game. You can only hope to explain his actions and WIFOM about his meta so much before the game gets nowhere and you have to deal with what's in front of you. And what I saw wasn't "I'm so obvtown Ryker" but a Ryker that may just be getting his head in the game or may actually not be committing much because he's scum or plenty of other things, but I couldn't tell because I wasn't getting much of anything. That's why our vote never moved. There's some stuff about Soup but there's also stuff about you. You weren't explaining yourself and so we had to come at you from the angle we did know about because that's all we had.

With that said, the stuff you posted on this page is much more along the lines of what I anticipated from you as town and what I wanted all along. Yes, we were brazen idiots about it but for once I finally feel like I can ****ing read you and I bet it all on those responses to allow me to do so.

So, first things first,
unvote

then tell me what you think about Potato.

Kantrip

Kantplay
what's hilarious is i intended to respond to drew's post asking us the same and then never did. i blame sheepses.

We're fine with Garg's point because Garg's is established from what's going on in-game. We can tell that his vote was built up from his interaction with dabuz based on talking about Soup. He's not reaching for reasons, he's not coming to illogical conclusions, he's just doing it.

Sheepses likes Gorf's 646 in response to his reasoning for voting dabuz--he thinks that it makes his thought process become clear and that helps his read on gorf because he likes the way gorf is handling it. I agreed with that logic.

Potato's the one we dislike the most on that wagon because it seemed weird that he builds up this case on gorf, even if it's built on feels and gutreads and ****, and then just drops it all to pursue his scumpick's then #2 scumread because "LM" and "safe play" and "poking things with sticks". That's whack to us.
As I have said it was clear I wasn't getting anyone else seeing what I was talking about when it comes to Gorf so I dropped it. No point in holding onto something that won't go anywhere.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Honestly I've been slowly starting to throw out the stuff about Soup as I've seen you post. I don't like how Soup played this game early. I know his meta, yes, but that doesn't excuse a defensive reaction to one of the most obvious RVS wagons in existence, nor his constant attempts to try to throw it back at us. I am reminded of Soup in Tranquility where he responded somewhat similarly to Ruy drunkvoting him for the dumbest of reasons but the thing that held me back here is that Soup just ****ing stopped the game after a certain point and kept saying "yeh I'm waiting for Toed." Garg even made a point of this in his #528 while talking to Dabunz. So,at the time that we came back, he was still a mixed bag, and our thought process was to keep it up with Gorf and see if we could possibly see more of Soup.

Then he replaced out and you came in guns blazing with an overglorified OMGUS vote on me and I got real excited. I haven't had it out with you like this in a long while and if there's anyone that could give me a read into a slot, it's you. But instead of getting the Ryker I know and love, I kept getting ****. I got nothing for your reasons on anything. You keep saying "well I put them out there" but it wasn't until this page that I finally felt you have really extrapolated on anything. The most we got was one-lines or generalizations or anything (I mean, ****, dabuz just pointed that out), so rather than move my vote, I kept it there because I didn't like what you were doing either. This is the thing you've been missing: both of us have been focused on the whole, rather than the parts, but the issue has been taht there's not been a lot of you to focus on. I don't give much of a **** about Soup anymore, he's out of the game. You can only hope to explain his actions and WIFOM about his meta so much before the game gets nowhere and you have to deal with what's in front of you. And what I saw wasn't "I'm so obvtown Ryker" but a Ryker that may just be getting his head in the game or may actually not be committing much because he's scum or plenty of other things, but I couldn't tell because I wasn't getting much of anything. That's why our vote never moved. There's some stuff about Soup but there's also stuff about you. You weren't explaining yourself and so we had to come at you from the angle we did know about because that's all we had.

With that said, the stuff you posted on this page is much more along the lines of what I anticipated from you as town and what I wanted all along. Yes, we were brazen idiots about it but for once I finally feel like I can ****ing read you and I bet it all on those responses to allow me to do so.

So, first things first,
unvote

then tell me what you think about Potato.
I dislike this post

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
As I have said it was clear I wasn't getting anyone else seeing what I was talking about when it comes to Gorf so I dropped it. No point in holding onto something that won't go anywhere.
But that's not really the point. I can get letting go of something because it's not being fruitful. You gave up on it real easily then immediately jumped to your top scumread's second biggest scumread because...reasons? That's the part I'm concerned about.

Fandangox

Smash Lord

I agree with you on Garg's reasoning. Seems the one that makes the most sense to me out of the three.

Not sold yet on Gorf's and to a lesser extend Potassium's reasons.

When I asked Potassium about it he said it was because Dabuz has been asking safe questions and not stepping on anyone's toes. I agreed on the safe questions parts (although Dabuz has been following up more on the questions he has been making now) and I just stated that it wasn't exactly right that he didn't step on anyone's toes since he confronted Garg and MiR.

I don't see anything wrong with him dropping his Gorf case though, like 4 people pointed out the weakness in his case, and he admitted it was pretty much baseless after thinking about it. Dropping that seems normal to me.

Its Gorf's vote on dabuz the one I am a bit puzzled on, I need to re-read it, but I think what I grasped from it was that he said scumhunting doesn't make him like his slot since there's reason for scum to hunt scum in this game.

While I can totally agree with that, I don't see s much of a reason to cast suspicion on somebody, but more as way to not get someone cleared of suspicion, if that makes sense.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
See, here's the point. Kantrip feels it was weak, but he always held on to the fact that his points were right, in that Gorf's wording was off. He said it was hard to put in words. Now, the weird part is that he dropped his top scum-read for a secondary read, when he could instead put pressure on Gorf to get something more solid out of him.

As for Gorf, I think it makes sense. His reasoning is basically "There's nothing to like about Dabuz except that he is in fact scumhunting, even if it's in an inefficient/bad way, but the twist is that that's not even a big point to like someone on in this set-up".

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Any post that tries to get Raz to play the game is a good post to me.
Well you did said that you felt better about Raz when it seemed he started getting involved, but his involvement in the whole game so far has been telling Soup his outburst was unnecessary if he truly didn't feel pressured, and everything else I pointed out in my #651.

Do you still feel the same way about Raz?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
See, here's the point. Kantrip feels it was weak, but he always held on to the fact that his points were right, in that Gorf's wording was off. He said it was hard to put in words. Now, the weird part is that he dropped his top scum-read for a secondary read, when he could instead put pressure on Gorf to get something more solid out of him.
Okay that makes sense. I guess it makes sense for Potassium to drop it if he felt nothing would have come out of it, but you are right in that he should have pressured Gorf more if he really felt strongly about it.

@ Kantrip Kantrip Current thoughts on Gorf?

As for Gorf, I think it makes sense. His reasoning is basically "There's nothing to like about Dabuz except that he is in fact scumhunting, even if it's in an inefficient/bad way, but the twist is that that's not even a big point to like someone on in this set-up".
Well yeah that is basically the conclusion I came to and what I said in my previous post. I am just saying its odd to use that to cast a vote on someone specifically when that line of logic is more of a "This doesn't clear anyone of guilt" and less of a "This makes this player look scummy". I guess his main reason then its that Dabuz was asking safe questions then?

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf Do you get the point I am trying to say here?

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Raz is null atm. I'd love to get more out of him, but with his absence that's not gonna happen. I told Alex either of the us should talk with Raziek as soon as he joins the thread and we have a chance to get more out of him, but until then our effort is better spent elsewhere.

Top Bottom