• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Raz is null atm. I'd love to get more out of him, but with his absence that's not gonna happen. I told Alex either of the us should talk with Raziek as soon as he joins the thread and we have a chance to get more out of him, but until then our effort is better spent elsewhere.
Alright. I honestly don't know what to make of Raz yet, I think it suspicious that there's basically no commitment and that his posts seem to ask throwaway questions that he doesn't get back on, but I don't know if he is lurking or if he is just busy. I just want him to get in here and answer the questions I made.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yea cuz Soup said outbursts = people scum reading him. With Soup's logic, unless soup wants people to scum read him, he shouldn't make childish outbursts. Y/N?
@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf I want to bring things back to this post.

At this time in the game you were getting after soup and calling him scummy. Yet this post is you admitting there is no reason for him to have these outbursts as either alignment because people will scumread him. So my question is: Why were you scumreading soup for the outbursts if he would know as scum that people would scumread him for it, and therefore not do it?

Kantrip

Kantplay
But that's not really the point. I can get letting go of something because it's not being fruitful. You gave up on it real easily then immediately jumped to your top scumread's second biggest scumread because...reasons? That's the part I'm concerned about.
There are two scum teams. I'm not really concerned about sharing scumreads with my scumreads

Kantrip

Kantplay
ebwop: especially because the reasons you picked up were the exact same reasons that gorf was saying
Gorf can be scum and still be scumhunting with good reasoning for the other team. I don't think dabuz and Gorf are mates, but they can still both be scum. Hope that makes sense.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Any post that tries to get Raz to play the game is a good post to me.
In said post, Fandango calls Raziek's recent play scummy in addition to Raziek's earlier play. You yourself said that you think Raziek's play actually improved after the early stuff. I'm more interested in you quoting Fanny's post and saying whether or not it affects your opinion of Raziek's more recent play, etc

Kantrip

Kantplay
See, here's the point. Kantrip feels it was weak, but he always held on to the fact that his points were right, in that Gorf's wording was off. He said it was hard to put in words. Now, the weird part is that he dropped his top scum-read for a secondary read, when he could instead put pressure on Gorf to get something more solid out of him.

As for Gorf, I think it makes sense. His reasoning is basically "There's nothing to like about Dabuz except that he is in fact scumhunting, even if it's in an inefficient/bad way, but the twist is that that's not even a big point to like someone on in this set-up".
Nobody said the points were wrong, because they're not. They said the points were weak, which they are.

Are you going to tell me you think the things I said about Gorf were incorrect? You can tell me they're null tells, you can tell me they're scummy, you can tell me I'm reaching, or you can tell me I'm grasping at straws. What you can't tell me is that I was making stuff up, twisting his actions, or lying. I admit the points are weak and reachy and that the rest of the read is gut, and I concede to the fact that I'm going to have to drop that read because I don't really have anything on him.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Well you did said that you felt better about Raz when it seemed he started getting involved, but his involvement in the whole game so far has been telling Soup his outburst was unnecessary if he truly didn't feel pressured, and everything else I pointed out in my #651.

Do you still feel the same way about Raz?
good post
Okay that makes sense. I guess it makes sense for Potassium to drop it if he felt nothing would have come out of it, but you are right in that he should have pressured Gorf more if he really felt strongly about it.
I actually asked Gorf a metric ****-ton of questions but I didn't really get anywhere on them and I decided overall it was best to focus elsewhere.

@ Kantrip Kantrip Current thoughts on Gorf?
Still have a gut dislike of him but I can't find any substance behind it even after all the questions I've asked him. Null lean scum with a low priority

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
I admit the points are weak and reachy and that the rest of the read is gut, and I concede to the fact that I'm going to have to drop that read because I don't really have anything on him.
Your points was the beginning of your posts about Gorf.
Then, later on, you said "I can't put it into words, but I still have the gut" (iirc), which shows you're not done reading Gorf yet.

The fact that you don't have anything means you need to CREATE something, which you just did not try. Instead you took the easy route onto the Dabuz choo-choo and decided to drop your main focus without solving that gut feel.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I actually asked Gorf a metric ****-ton of questions but I didn't really get anywhere on them and I decided overall it was best to focus elsewhere.
I remember you two going back and forth a little after your vote, but not much. I am gonna have to re-read that later then.

Still have a gut dislike of him but I can't find any substance behind it even after all the questions I've asked him. Null lean scum with a low priority
Alright. I know its a long shot, but can you expand on that gut feeling? Like is it a meta thing?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Your points was the beginning of your posts about Gorf.
Then, later on, you said "I can't put it into words, but I still have the gut" (iirc), which shows you're not done reading Gorf yet.

The fact that you don't have anything means you need to CREATE something, which you just did not try. Instead you took the easy route onto the Dabuz choo-choo and decided to drop your main focus without solving that gut feel.
You don't seem to understand the fact that I agreed with the people who said my case was weak and realized I didn't really have anything. You're also missing the part where I did try to develop the read past gut by asking him a bunch of questions.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I remember you two going back and forth a little after your vote, but not much. I am gonna have to re-read that later then.

Alright. I know its a long shot, but can you expand on that gut feeling? Like is it a meta thing?
It's not a meta thing. It's more of... his diction seeming... forced? Off? Something in the way he is conducting his posts is setting off red flags and I can't even put my finger on what is bothering me.

I honestly think it's more fruitful to let that sit for a while and see if I can put it into words later or if things that happen in the game can help me out with the read. For now I'm going to treat the read as if it's null.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I agree with you on Garg's reasoning. Seems the one that makes the most sense to me out of the three.

Not sold yet on Gorf's and to a lesser extend Potassium's reasons.

When I asked Potassium about it he said it was because Dabuz has been asking safe questions and not stepping on anyone's toes. I agreed on the safe questions parts (although Dabuz has been following up more on the questions he has been making now) and I just stated that it wasn't exactly right that he didn't step on anyone's toes since he confronted Garg and MiR.

I don't see anything wrong with him dropping his Gorf case though, like 4 people pointed out the weakness in his case, and he admitted it was pretty much baseless after thinking about it. Dropping that seems normal to me.

Its Gorf's vote on dabuz the one I am a bit puzzled on, I need to re-read it, but I think what I grasped from it was that he said scumhunting doesn't make him like his slot since there's reason for scum to hunt scum in this game.

While I can totally agree with that, I don't see s much of a reason to cast suspicion on somebody, but more as way to not get someone cleared of suspicion, if that makes sense.
Oh, look at Mr. Sadly-misrepresenting-misinterpreting-or-at-least-skimming-my-posts humping the ground with his wrong evaluation Of my distaste for dabuz :glare:

Fandangox said:
Well yeah that is basically the conclusion I came to and what I said in my previous post. I am just saying its odd to use that to cast a vote on someone specifically when that line of logic is more of a "This doesn't clear anyone of guilt" and less of a "This makes this player look scummy". I guess his main reason then its that Dabuz was asking safe questions then?
I don't have my vote on him because scum hunting doesn't clear anyone. That's my logic for those who stick their thumb up tier butt and tell themselves that Dabuz is cool cuz he's scum hunting. His. Play. Outside. Of. Garg. Is. Actually. Scummy.

No I won't answer why, I'm mobile lazy and have explained myself plenty in the past pages.

#HBC | Gorf

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf I want to bring things back to this post.

At this time in the game you were getting after soup and calling him scummy. Yet this post is you admitting there is no reason for him to have these outbursts as either alignment because people will scumread him. So my question is: Why were you scumreading soup for the outbursts if he would know as scum that people would scumread him for it, and therefore not do it?
It was never cuz he outbursted. That post was a snide remark openly hating the soup drama queen thing I think. I challenge you to show me the post(s) in this thread of mine indicating I scum read soup for his outbursts. Maybe then you'll find your answer.

#HBC | Gorf

Nobody said the points were wrong, because they're not. They said the points were weak, which they are.

Are you going to tell me you think the things I said about Gorf were incorrect? You can tell me they're null tells, you can tell me they're scummy, you can tell me I'm reaching, or you can tell me I'm grasping at straws. What you can't tell me is that I was making stuff up, twisting his actions, or lying. I admit the points are weak and reachy and that the rest of the read is gut, and I concede to the fact that I'm going to have to drop that read because I don't really have anything on him.

Maybe paranoid :gova:?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
It's not a meta thing. It's more of... his diction seeming... forced? Off? Something in the way he is conducting his posts is setting off red flags and I can't even put my finger on what is bothering me.

I honestly think it's more fruitful to let that sit for a while and see if I can put it into words later or if things that happen in the game can help me out with the read. For now I'm going to treat the read as if it's null.
Yeah that was a long shot, I wasn't able to understand your gut feeling any better after reading this. Guess we will drop it for now, I still haven't re read the back and forth between you two anyway.

Oh, look at Mr. Sadly-misrepresenting-misinterpreting-or-at-least-skimming-my-posts humping the ground with his wrong evaluation Of my distaste for dabuz :glare:

I don't have my vote on him because scum hunting doesn't clear anyone. That's my logic for those who stick their thumb up tier butt and tell themselves that Dabuz is cool cuz he's scum hunting. His. Play. Outside. Of. Garg. Is. Actually. Scummy.

No I won't answer why, I'm mobile lazy and have explained myself plenty in the past pages.
Not back to the hyphens again >:V

Well I assumed it was something like that. Will you explain why once you get out of mobile?

Kantrip

Kantplay
He thinks our ire lies completely in the question we asked and his response to it; it's not. Our ire with him lies first and foremost with the fact that he dodged everything going on and then the fact that he dug his heels in the dirt when tried to get him to take a stance. I've seen him cockblock direction out of RVS for the dumbest of reasons before but he at least tried to generate some type of stances out of it. This is different.
Okay so this is where I have a problem with your push on Raz. I'm sure you've probably answered it but I'm in the process of rereading the interaction and needed to take note of a few things.

1. You say he dodged everything going on. He agrees that he did this and asserts that the reason is, as you should know (his words), that he doesn't contribute to things in RVS he doesn't see going anywhere.

2. You say he *********** the direction of RVS by refusing to get involved in what was going on. I can't understand this point of view because, if anything, ignoring the happenings did the exact opposite of cockblocking them. Raz has said he didn't think the current happenings were going to go anywhere. Rather than white-knighting soup before pressure built up or saying in-thread "guys this isn't going to go anywhere," he just ignored it so that it could at least play out. How is this cockblocking anything?

3. Raziek argues that instead of joining the wagon or answering the question you asked him that he deemed pointless, he asked soup a number of questions and tried to delve into the wagon in a different way later.

Are any of these points incorrect? Because if all three of those things I said are right, it means you didn't have any reason to have a problem with Raziek (if we're going by your stated reasons in the above post I quoted).

#HBC | Gorf

Yeah that was a long shot, I wasn't able to understand your gut feeling any better after reading this. Guess we will drop it for now, I still haven't re read the back and forth between you two anyway.

Not back to the hyphens again >:V

Well I assumed it was something like that. Will you explain why once you get out of mobile?
Nah I'll let you nab it upon rereading :)

It's possible, but I don't know why I'd be paranoid of you of all slots.

#shotsfired
The walrus can turn on you man

Kantrip

Kantplay
I just don't think his explanation is legit. I think what he did was scummy in spite of his explanation.
@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf this post is a random one I decided to quote while reading to make my point.

Pretend outburst = soup's response to pressure

You didn't like soup's response to pressure because you said it looked like he was entirely too concerned with his own fate even though he said he understood it was just RVS and he should have no reason to be so concerned about his life. So obviously soup knows he was overreacting to the pressure, and his self-preservation was scummy. He knows this.

So why would he do it as scum? He knows exploding at an RVS wagon and getting upset about pressure and acting concerned about dying over something that isn't even a risk will get him scumreads.

Yet that's exactly what he did.

As either alignment, that's bad and he knows it's bad.

So there's no reason to think he faked it as scum, and 100% reason to assume that regardless of alignment the reaction was legit.

But he also knows that it's just RVS and there's no actual pressure, so why would he feel so threatened, as either alignment?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Okay re-reading Gorf's post on Dabuz I think I found the most prominent one on why he voted Dabuz.

Oh, I thought you were actually gonna hop on it. Carry on with your business.

I feel like Dabuz is encompassing what scum wants to do this particular game. The scumhunting aspect is present in his posts, you can't deny that. But he's sticking his head out just enough to be seen and to make those connections of hunting for people who he actually thinks are scum. scumDabuz =/= scumGarg to me.

HoS: Dabuz

Who is scum aside from Garg?
Which goes to what we established earlier on scum hunting scum. On the bolded, I think that's the force behind his vote.
@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf What do you think of my #651 on Raz? I feel Raz ws behaving similarly to how Dabuz acted early on, except he is not even scumhunting cause he is inactive.

Kantrip

Kantplay
You're doing that over analyzing thing again Kantplay. You're not you when you're hungry.

Here.

Have a Snickers.
Except I'm not.

I'm not even analyzing.

I literally cannot see the point you were trying to make with your soup scumread because it contradicted itself.

"soup knew what he did was scummy, and he knew people would scumread him for it before he did it"

So why did he do it then?

#HBC | Gorf

HoS =/= vote. That was where my interest in Dabuz grew stronger and more invested.

Actually thinking back Dabunz entrance is had me feeling JUST like how I was feeling about em in Luigi's: Just shrugging it off and letting him keep to his own little stuff.

Lemme read back.
I think this was my first spark of interest in Dabuz. He entered the game in pg 4, this was pg 8, well before he even started hunting for Garg iirc.

#HBC | Gorf

The point of me bringing that up is that, if you're actually interested in reading for yourself why and how it came that I actually don't like dabuz, your answer is in the thread.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
HoS =/= vote. That was where my interest in Dabuz grew stronger and more invested.

I think this was my first spark of interest in Dabuz. He entered the game in pg 4, this was pg 8, well before he even started hunting for Garg iirc.
I know that, that post just strikes me as having the heaviest reason behind why you voted him later on.

#HBC | Gorf

Except I'm not.

I'm not even analyzing.

I literally cannot see the point you were trying to make with your soup scumread because it contradicted itself.

"soup knew what he did was scummy, and he knew people would scumread him for it before he did it"

So why did he do it then?
You swear like that's THE piece of evidence that ties me to scum reading soup.

I'll answer your question with a question, and I know you know the answer.

Have you ever embarrassed yourself when you've tried seducing a chick? Yes everyone has, that's not the question. Did you, from that point, tell yourself to make sure something stupid like that incident never happens again? Absolutely! Now, have you ever embarrassed yourself while trying to seduce a chick after that scenario?

Now, this is still diving far from the point. You're taking a really insignificant post and stretching it way far out of proportion. This is nowhere near the basis of why I thought soup was scummy. Is this your attempt at pressuring me after these guys told you you should have? Cuz you were smart to back off and just watch my play, and see what I do with it. In fact, you still can, that's what's awesome about observing! All you gotta do is watch? Throw me an IGMEOY, that'll do. But you're reaching even harder than before.

Kantrip

Kantplay
You swear like that's THE piece of evidence that ties me to scum reading soup.

I'll answer your question with a question, and I know you know the answer.

Have you ever embarrassed yourself when you've tried seducing a chick? Yes everyone has, that's not the question. Did you, from that point, tell yourself to make sure something stupid like that incident never happens again? Absolutely! Now, have you ever embarrassed yourself while trying to seduce a chick after that scenario?

Now, this is still diving far from the point. You're taking a really insignificant post and stretching it way far out of proportion. This is nowhere near the basis of why I thought soup was scummy. Is this your attempt at pressuring me after these guys told you you should have? Cuz you were smart to back off and just watch my play, and see what I do with it. In fact, you still can, that's what's awesome about observing! All you gotta do is watch? Throw me an IGMEOY, that'll do. But you're reaching even harder than before.
No this is the result of me rereading and being confused as to why you and Politoed stayed on soup as long as you did (and continue to). The tunneling makes no sense to me and I'm trying to see your perspective.

Your analogy is lost on me. Who is the chick and who's seducing in this scenario?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
No this is the result of me rereading and being confused as to why you and Politoed stayed on soup as long as you did (and continue to). The tunneling makes no sense to me and I'm trying to see your perspective.

Your analogy is lost on me. Who is the chick and who's seducing in this scenario?
His analogy's point is that when you **** something up, you will always be conscientious of that in the future and not repeat that same mistake again.

He also means that you got no game

Kantrip

Kantplay
His analogy's point is that when you **** something up, you will always be conscientious of that in the future and not repeat that same mistake again.

He also means that you got no game
So is that supposed to apply to soup ****ing up by being all defensive and worried about getting lynched, and how he should be conscientious of that in the future?

Because that's not what happened in this game, so I still have to wonder why Gorf thinks scumsoup did what he did.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
So is that supposed to apply to soup ****ing up by being all defensive and worried about getting lynched, and how he should be conscientious of that in the future?

Because that's not what happened in this game, so I still have to wonder why Gorf thinks scumsoup did what he did.
I dunno im just on the toilet with my phone and read his last post. I havent caught up

#HBC | Gorf

Embarrassing yourself in front of a chick is being a drama queen, and "you" = soup.

Fandangox

Smash Lord

Considering he himself says "That's not the question" I am pretty sure the chick thing was just a joke.

Top Bottom