• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Wow GREAT assumption Kantrip. I also think I can pick five players that aren't me and say that they hold scum :gova: .

Even if you're scum I gotta give you props on that 537 :joyful:
Oh did you want reasoning?

dabuz playing safe, I actually like his more recent posts more than his opening posts but his questions read as the very safe and easy kind to ask without stepping on anyone's toes. Looks like that's more important than scum hunting, and as has been said, looks like Luigi's Mansion.

Handorin I still haven't read his posts properly but he's one of the less active/newbie players (those are separate categories that I am lumping together for their similarities in difficulty to read) that I don't find myself townreading at all and see contradictions and things I can't follow in his posts

HollowNote is dead null and is only in a lynch pool for me because his absence wouldn't be a detriment to town.

I think it's very clear that there is no support for you as a scumread and I can't flesh that out past gut and random really weak tells (yes I am admitting the three things I posted that people are calling a "case" is very weak and dabuz looks whack for agreeing with it even slightly).

Politoed I have more as null because I can't see scum intent to all the problems people seem to have with him and everything I've been disliking is stuff I've heard second-hand through other people that they could have been totally off-base on. I don't want to see the slot lynched right now because unlike some other slots they are valuable to have around if they're town and I don't really buy into the possibility that they are scum as of yet without going off what other people are saying.

I thought Gova was my biggest townread but I'm starting to get a little paranoid about that line of thinking

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Given that the entire game is completely wrong on this point save for like Garg and maybe Gorf, that.
Don't say maybe. I'm totally not wrong, mofuckas are terribly misrepresenting your early actions with Raz as being some sort of diabolical scheme. It's ****in RVS.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
That said, I like this dabuz more and I don't know what Gorf sees when he says that it's like LM dabuz. He's getting a lot more testy this game with Garg which is something along the lines of putting his neck out there, no? Gorf, what do you make o this? I hear a lot of meta coming from you but honestly I don't see meta as indicative of alignment here, I just see dabuz being dabuz.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Well, Potassium's third reason was basically Gorf should know not to read Soup like textbook scum because Soup is an emotional player ie does scummy things when town (although he also does that as scum, it's just Soup play). Potassium is right about this, Gorf has been around long enough to understand Soup's reactions were very much how one would expect Soup to react regardless of meta.
But they don't really tackle's Gorf's point in that Soup trying to put the attention away from himself and that Soup seemed concerned that the pressure was on him, despite him stating he didn't feel the pressure. So Potassium's main point would be then that Gorf should know better by then?

I guess I can get behind that, but I still think his case on Gorf is weak. His first reason is a reach, and the second just seems like something anyone would say to that kind of post.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
You're hopeless Dora. Absolutely hopeless.

BTW, lately dgames has had a lot of RVS wagons that turned into lynches for no good reason. (Sokr in Luigi's mansion, pretty much the entirery of Day 1 FE, I think Tranquility)
I'm treating you like an idiotic baby because you're asking safe idiotic baby questions.

I explained to you why his action is scummy and I currently do not believe he is town.

Does that mean I have my vote on him and hope to lynch him real soon? No, I in fact have my vote on nobody right now because we got a lot of time here to get real good reads and make the most well-informed lynch possible.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
But they don't really tackle's Gorf's point in that Soup trying to put the attention away from himself and that Soup seemed concerned that the pressure was on him, despite him stating he didn't feel the pressure. So Potassium's main point would be then that Gorf should know better by then?

I guess I can get behind that, but I still think his case on Gorf is weak. His first reason is a reach, and the second just seems like something anyone would say to that kind of post.
Well yeah, it was a weak case, but it had a logical thought process.

Kantrip

Kantplay

This is a reasonable thing to think. I do agree that what I had on Gorf was incredibly reachy and mostly gut. Nothing substantial by any means, and I tried to share the things in my notes that I could put into words. It should be noted that my notes are very raw and often contain self-musings and are littered with similarly weak tells like the ones I posted about Gorf. I can't shake this weird feeling I have about him but I realize that I'm not going to get others to see that and that's okay. There are 3 other scummers to look for so I can put him on the back burner for sure

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry

dabuz playing safe, I actually like his more recent posts more than his opening posts but his questions read as the very safe and easy kind to ask without stepping on anyone's toes. Looks like that's more important than scum hunting, and as has been said, looks like Luigi's Mansion.
I skimmed dabuz for most of that game. I will admit to skimming most of dabuz here. Someone please help me on this. That could be you, Sheepses.

I thought Gova was my biggest townread but I'm starting to get a little paranoid about that line of thinking
why?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I'm treating you like an idiotic baby because you're asking safe idiotic baby questions.

I explained to you why his action is scummy and I currently do not believe he is town.

Does that mean I have my vote on him and hope to lynch him real soon? No, I in fact have my vote on nobody right now because we got a lot of time here to get real good reads and make the most well-informed lynch possible.
And I've given up on you because you don't seem to understand how his play might have developed from a town POV.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
And I've given up on you because you don't seem to understand how his play might have developed from a town POV.
Ohooohooo
Oh OKAY that was your intention with all those retardedly safe and patronizing questions.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I skimmed dabuz for most of that game. I will admit to skimming most of dabuz here. Someone please help me on this. That could be you, Sheepses.

why?
Because reading your posts about why the hate on you is unfounded makes as much sense as the posts that Gova and Rykerseph used to convince me that it was very well-founded and I realize I'm being too easily impressionable and really need to go back and read it for myself but I actually kind of get the sense that what Rykerseph and Gova were telling me was kind of bogus

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Well yeah, it was a weak case, but it had a logical thought process.
Heh, dunno, I don't think that will cut it out for me.

This is a reasonable thing to think. I do agree that what I had on Gorf was incredibly reachy and mostly gut. Nothing substantial by any means, and I tried to share the things in my notes that I could put into words. It should be noted that my notes are very raw and often contain self-musings and are littered with similarly weak tells like the ones I posted about Gorf. I can't shake this weird feeling I have about him but I realize that I'm not going to get others to see that and that's okay. There are 3 other scummers to look for so I can put him on the back burner for sure
I understand. It is day so pretty much anyone's case on anyone else will lack some substance. I just thought that one in particular just didn't have any merit, as opposed to the others points of interests (Soup's reactions, MiR's thing on Raz)

That said, now that you are voting Dabuz, could you please elaborate some more on that please?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Not if you're feeling me as the better vote.
Well that's what I'm undecided about. Don't worry I'm not going to call you out for self-preservation if you tell me you'd rather me sit my vote on Hando. No point in pressuring a townie after all, right? So if you're town it would be wasted on you!

Kantrip

Kantplay
brief synopsis on dabuz posted a few posts up to gorf: dabuz playing safe, I actually like his more recent posts more than his opening posts but his questions read as the very safe and easy kind to ask without stepping on anyone's toes. Looks like that's more important than scum hunting, and as has been said, looks like Luigi's Mansion.

Luigi's Mansion was a recent game I hosted where dabuz was scum and he played in a way that I'm seeing similarities to in this game

#HBC | Gorf

Handorin I still haven't read his posts properly but he's one of the less active/newbie players (those are separate categories that I am lumping together for their similarities in difficulty to read) that I don't find myself townreading at all and see contradictions and things I can't follow in his posts

HollowNote is dead null and is only in a lynch pool for me because his absence wouldn't be a detriment to town.

I think it's very clear that there is no support for you as a scumread and I can't flesh that out past gut and random really weak tells (yes I am admitting the three things I posted that people are calling a "case" is very weak and dabuz looks whack for agreeing with it even slightly).

Politoed I have more as null because I can't see scum intent to all the problems people seem to have with him and everything I've been disliking is stuff I've heard second-hand through other people that they could have been totally off-base on. I don't want to see the slot lynched right now because unlike some other slots they are valuable to have around if they're town and I don't really buy into the possibility that they are scum as of yet without going off what other people are saying.

I mean I was joking and was understanding where you were coming from but this works. I feel you on Hollow and Hando being lynchbait to default to, as much as I was talking about scummy > anti town, anti town > people you don't think are scummy.

Actually I've been digging your bump n grind recently. I have no problem getting scum feels from people but I thought you, like, were really intent on sticking to me being your top scumspect so you can have that as your like thing to fall back on. Cool postin though.

That said, I like this dabuz more and I don't know what Gorf sees when he says that it's like LM dabuz. He's getting a lot more testy this game with Garg which is something along the lines of putting his neck out there, no? Gorf, what do you make o this? I hear a lot of meta coming from you but honestly I don't see meta as indicative of alignment here, I just see dabuz being dabuz.
Explain.

More detail, what is giving you those gut feelings about Sokr and Soup?

You know who else hasn't posted? Those commies who haven't even confirmed, still keeping this game in confirmation phase. Life goes a second at a time man, no faster, no slower, so just ride with it :)

Uncooperative Gorf is uncooperative, don't like this.
[/quote]

Don't see how this post even looks like mindless pressure.

Reasoning for Soup is understandable.
Any slot that sticks out to you atm?
Tell me this string of posts doesn't bare a striking resemblance to dabuz' entrance here in any way. It's the same type of poking-at-people-with-a-long-stick he did there, and I'm sure he's actually feeling like Garg is scum with this pressure on him. I'm not denying that. But what else is he doing aside from poking at people with a long stick?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Well that's what I'm undecided about. Don't worry I'm not going to call you out for self-preservation if you tell me you'd rather me sit my vote on Hando. No point in pressuring a townie after all, right? So if you're town it would be wasted on you!
I disagree though, just because I know i'm a townie doesn't mean you or anyone else do. In fact it's quite the opposite where as a townie, if you use that vote to pressure me and develop your reads, it helps out town. Besides, i'm here right now, Hando is not!

Fandangox

Smash Lord
brief synopsis on dabuz posted a few posts up to gorf: dabuz playing safe, I actually like his more recent posts more than his opening posts but his questions read as the very safe and easy kind to ask without stepping on anyone's toes. Looks like that's more important than scum hunting, and as has been said, looks like Luigi's Mansion.

Luigi's Mansion was a recent game I hosted where dabuz was scum and he played in a way that I'm seeing similarities to in this game
Okay I've seen that and I sort of think the same about the safe questions, I don't think he is avoiding stepping on anyone's toes though, giving his focus on Garg's as odd as that focus is.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Okay I've seen that and I sort of think the same about the safe questions, I don't think he is avoiding stepping on anyone's toes though, giving his focus on Garg's as odd as that focus is.
Trying not to step on anyone's toes with one slot as an exception (seriously he's focused on Garg SO MUCH more than anyone else) still doesn't fly with me. And it's not like people are coming to Garg's aid either, that's all between them and it doesn't make me feel any better or worse about dabuns

#HBC | Gorf

But who cares about that? This is a game where mafia has the incredible ability to ACTUALLY scumhunt. Dabuz chose one person to do that with. How about you tell me what else he's done, what other toes has he stepped on with his plethora of questions?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Trying not to step on anyone's toes with one slot as an exception (seriously he's focused on Garg SO MUCH more than anyone else) still doesn't fly with me. And it's not like people are coming to Garg's aid either, that's all between them and it doesn't make me feel any better or worse about dabuns
Good point.

@ Dabuz Dabuz what do you make of BLS? Gova?

Also about Handorin and Hollownote, I don't know how to feel on a lynch on those two. They might have not helped town at all considering they have practically done anything (except for that weird Handorin's post) Bur I feel lynchimg them as of now would not be very good cause we would gain no information on the flips. I want Handorin to answer that contradiction everyoone has pointed out, and to please elaborate on his reads. @HollowNote please catch up.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
But who cares about that? This is a game where mafia has the incredible ability to ACTUALLY scumhunt. Dabuz chose one person to do that with. How about you tell me what else he's done, what other toes has he stepped on with his plethora of questions?
BTW. Part of scumhunting is trying to find out who isn't scum, which I've been doing as well.

Kantrip

Kantplay
If either MiR or Soup/ Soup's replacement are scum, they are def. not on the same scumteam. Thing that bothers me about this case is MiR brings all this stuff up now that Soup replaced it, which makes the replacement player (BLS) have to try and analyze the previous player of his slot which is difficult and leads into wifom. The basis of this case is also a bit WIFOMy in that MiR makes a few points about Soup's play but doesn't have any conclusions about them or why it's scummy. Notice how if you remove the quotes, his case is actually very small and vague.

Not liking MiR, his entire thing on Raziek just doesn't seem well thought out. In fact it looks like something scum would do. (Finding a reason to latch onto Raziek that isn't good. Purposely asking Raziek a question that is likely to put Raziek in a bad spot.) Then there's his case on Soup which I explained my dislike of quite literally above this segment.

Vote: MiR
Oh I'm sorry dabuns, I must have been mistaken. You viciously assaulted Politoed and completely crushed his little webbed frog toes.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I don't exactly understand, who cares about what?

Well aside from his stance on MiR he has left everyone else pretty much untouched.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Actually I think the most valuable thing to do instead of answering all these questions that people are asking right now dabuz is to finish catching up so you can get me that Gova read you promised and maybe some more feels on slots.

I know you like Fandango and me, you dislike Politoed and Garg, and I don't know much else.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash

Well aside from his stance on MiR he has left everyone else pretty much untouched.
Definitely. Not like i've tkaen the time to read and make some conclusions on Potassium, you, Garg, and Soup. Also definitely not like I was throwing out a question to start looking at Raziek in my last wall. I've just been ignoring eveeeeryone.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I disagree though, just because I know i'm a townie doesn't mean you or anyone else do. In fact it's quite the opposite where as a townie, if you use that vote to pressure me and develop your reads, it helps out town. Besides, i'm here right now, Hando is not!
If you didn't get the gist of post 573, this is where I expect you to have at least some response as to why soup "might have developed from a town POV."

In fact, I'm just going to directly ask you:
Could you please explain exactly why you believe soup's actions might have developed from town POV?
Also, please make your response really patronizing and assume I haven't developed intuition on the level of an eight-year-old yet? Just for me? Just so I REALLY get the point.

#HBC | Gorf

BTW. Part of scumhunting is trying to find out who isn't scum, which I've been doing as well.
Yea but as scum one already knows that 8 opposing people are town and 2 opposing people are other mafia, so it makes sense that you'd do that. You're still being as basic ***** as a basic ***** can be.

Fandangox said:
Who cares that he's scum reading Garg? I believe that's genuine. Doesn't detract from his scumminess in this setup.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
If you didn't get the gist of post 573, this is where I expect you to have at least some response as to why soup "might have developed from a town POV."

In fact, I'm just going to directly ask you:
Could you please explain exactly why you believe soup's actions might have developed from town POV?
Also, please make your response really patronizing and assume I haven't developed intuition on the level of an eight-year-old yet? Just for me? Just so I REALLY get the point.
I can make it extra patronizing for you!

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Definitely. Not like i've tkaen the time to read and make some conclusions on Potassium, you, Garg, and Soup. Also definitely not like I was throwing out a question to start looking at Raziek in my last wall. I've just been ignoring eveeeeryone.
I mean negatively, those are positive reactions you had from those players. We were talking on the context of "stepping on people's toes"

Top Bottom