• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Listen. I GET that anti town play shouldn't just be excused. But it shouldn't be confused with scum play, which is my point. Pressure him on the fact that he's not doing anything to help the game go along, pressure him on the basis of him being anti town, so that you can get what you can get out of him. Iirc Hando is a man of few words, so I don't know how far you'll get. But I'd STRONGLY suggest (and I do this cuz I think you're town) not prioritizing him over scum reads of yours, which is why making the differentiation is necessary.

This is exactly where my head is at. Pressure him away to put content out there. Yes, if inherent anti town play continues it could be regarded as scummy, but with two (or three?) days into the game it certainly is not. And that's my point.

@Above Garg post of course there's no certainty, but that's why we read people, and I'm telling you that looking at dumb play vs scum play is NECESSARY when deciding where your vote is going to lie, and where you're looking to lynch. But let's drop the subject, it really is just turning into an argument over semantics and if you want we can discuss the difference between antitown and scummy outside of game.
Exactly. Thats why im waiting for him to respond. I'll make my judgement on the account of how he responds. Im just saying he's being a *** right now and theres no excusing it

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Catching up a little bit.

I just realized that in Hando's read list, he says that Garg gets town points on the mistake with Gheb/IR but has him listed as scum. I dunno if it means anything but I got a chuckle out of it and dunno if it was addressed. If it has, carry on, catching up lol.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord

I just realized that in Hando's read list, he says that Garg gets town points on the mistake with Gheb/IR but has him listed as scum. I dunno if it means anything but I got a chuckle out of it and dunno if it was addressed. If it has, carry on, catching up lol.
I think gorf or fan brought it up

Top Deck BLS

Ryker|Sephiroth
Reads list.

1. HollowNote null
2. Handorin null
3. Gargaglione town
4. Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry) scum lean
5. Gorf town lean
6. Raziek town lean
8. dabuz null
10. Fandangox town lean
11. Gova town
12. ScaryLB59 town lean
13. Potassium town

Lynch pool

1. Mir
2. HollowNote
3/4. Handorin
3/4. Dabuz

That's where we stand discuss.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Reads list.

1. HollowNote null
2. Handorin null
3. Gargaglione town
5. Gorf town lean
6. Raziek town lean
8. dabuz null
10. Fandangox town lean
11. Gova town
12. ScaryLB59 town lean
13. Potassium town

Lynch pool

1. Mir
2. HollowNote
3/4. Handorin
3/4. Dabuz

All I'd do is swap Toed for Gorf. Is the Toed read just from his behaviour towards Raz, or is the soup wagon a part of it? Similarly, how do you feel about how Gorf's stayed on your slot after the soup explosion?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I think I'm caught up enough.

@Handorin
On your read list, can you elaborate on why you have Gova in the scumheap?

I'm relatively conflicted with the soup slot because, like gorf, I felt like I was watching scummy soup with his reactions to the pressure wagon but BLS hasn't played anywhere near the predecessor. For now, I am going to leave the slot alone until later.

@HollowNote
Did you die?

Dabuz makes me nervous anytime I see him play. He is essentially mechanical in his approach and just super difficult to read.

Liking Fandangox in this game. He keeps pushing the game along and making any observation he sees. A lot of good intentions from him.

@ Kantrip Kantrip
Can you fill me in on your case against gorf?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm town-reading Potato at the moment, but I think his Gorf case is off-base.

Dabuz, what's with the fixation on the Garg slot?

@Handorin , other people have asked this already, but what's with the scumread on Garg?

BLS: What do you make of Gova's unusual degree of initiative compared to his usual play?

Kantrip

Kantplay
It's hard for me to put a lot of my feelings for Gorf into words, because it's not so much "tells" that I can show people. It's more in how he's wording his posts and the general appeasing attitude he's exuding along with a lack of a townie progression of reads from what I can surmise.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Alright, I'll go look at his posts again with respect to what you said. I'm not sure where to lump him at the moment but I had him mostly null. Perhaps a slight, slight town lean. Gonna double check.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
I think there was absolutely nothing wrong with the soup wagon forming.

But I think everyone should have checked out when Raziek did. Still being on-board after soup replaced out is whack to me because his reaction totally looks town.

When soup is scum he fakes his exasperated reactions because it fits with his meta. He would not replace out if it was faked because he would still be playing the game and trying to win.
What? No. That's incredibly null and there's no reason to assume that someone replacing out is townie of them because the player was simply fed up with mafia.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry

See, now I don't think you ACTUALLY want me to go through and white knight Soup. We could. There's a wonderful tale to be spun of Soup's impulsiveness and emotional play. I think, realistically, this is you doing what I asked you to do and trying to get others to agree with you. If you get them, then we can do this dance and spiral the thread into a huge WIFOM pit about Soup's motivations. Unless you really want my take on Soup's motivations, then just say the word.
I mean, I could use your take on your predecessor's motivations without the entire WIFOM pit involved with it but knowing you, you'll not only get it out, you'll tie yourself to me and dive headfirst into that **** regardless of whether or not I want it to go there.

That said, I'd love to hear some actual validation from you instead of generalities for once.

Fandangox

Smash Lord

I think gorf or fan brought it up
It wasn't me, I didn't even notice that mistake until Scary brought it up.

I'm town-reading Potato at the moment, but I think his Gorf case is off-base.
This is pretty much how I feel about Potassium, I've been liking his play, but I really don't see his case on Gorf at all, as I elaborated on my #403.

@Handorin Again, can please elaborate some more on your list, and as everyone else asked already, what about that Glarg contradiction?

@HollowNote

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Alright
@Politoed
I agree with your stance on soup/BLS, I think he's pretty scum.

What I don't get is your initial disposition towards Raziek. You said one of your problems with him lies in the post he made coming into the game when meeting me. What exactly about that do you not like?
RVS is one of the more critical parts of the game because it's essentially first impressions with every other slot in the game. As a townie, you don't know jack **** except your role and the fact that you're town. Scum, on the other hand, not only know their role and alignment, but also the alignment of every other player save an indy. As a result, you can have different interactions with other players. Townies will interact in a more natural way and can joke around, throw RVS votes, or stuff, whereas scum tend to be more careful to avoid coming off like they know too much. Seeing Raz refuse to comment on anything else just so he can ask about two new players felt like that to me. It's very mechanical and very safe.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Also @ Make it Rain! Make it Rain! Now that dabuz has entered the game can you tell me what you think of his play? Since you didn't answer last time I asked :v

There, fixed that mess.
He made a wall, I read it, **** dabuz. He's putting himself out there but I struggle to read that slot too. I thought he was town for most of Luigi's but he was actually scum in the end. He's playing like it here, however, but ****all if that's just his meta or him actually being scum.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Seeing Raz refuse to comment on anything else just so he can ask about two new players felt like that to me. It's very mechanical and very safe.
I can feel what you're saying, but there wasn't really anything else to comment on, since it was the very beginning of the game. In that case, it's very possible that he was just interested in knowing about me.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
I can feel what you're saying, but there wasn't really anything else to comment on, since it was the very beginning of the game. In that case, it's very possible that he was just interested in knowing about me.
And that's the reason why I not only said his later posts made me feel better but kept my vote on Soup/BLS. Surprise! I didn't want to push that read at all!

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
but to MiR's credit Raz has barely contributed into the game, which is why I assume he is still focusing on him.
Like, really, this is just to make a point of this. Raz was not my concern. I didn't really like his approach to the game for reasons I stated--it seemed noncommittal, mechanical, and safe. That seems to me how scum would want to approach this game as I've seen scum do it multiple times in the past; however, I also made mention that Raz was not my priority, that my vote was sticking on Soup, and that Raz's later posts made me feel better about the slot because hea ctually started to play the game then; yet, the rest of the game decided to grill my slot because they were failing to understand the point of what I was trying to say and, as a result, it made us seem like we were focusing on him. My focus is on BLS. That slot's still scummy, even post-replacement.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
okay now if you had ignored it and then i asked you to analyze it later but you refused because it was pointless

i would call you bad/scummy/synonym

and that was an ELI5: of why i don't like MiR pushing raz

soup wagon is null, someone was gonna get wagoned,

soup emotional arguments could have merit depending on who you ask, i personally dont think they do

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Like, really, this is just to make a point of this. Raz was not my concern. I didn't really like his approach to the game for reasons I stated--it seemed noncommittal, mechanical, and safe. That seems to me how scum would want to approach this game as I've seen scum do it multiple times in the past; however, I also made mention that Raz was not my priority, that my vote was sticking on Soup, and that Raz's later posts made me feel better about the slot because hea ctually started to play the game then; yet, the rest of the game decided to grill my slot because they were failing to understand the point of what I was trying to say and, as a result, it made us seem like we were focusing on him. My focus is on BLS. That slot's still scummy, even post-replacement.
I went back and re-read your debacle with Raz...

Whether or not you exactly prioritized him, he was definitely a concern to you.
If he really wasn't a big deal to you, you could've expressed this earlier and saved the time.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Reads list.

1. HollowNote null
2. Handorin null
3. Gargaglione town
5. Gorf town lean
6. Raziek town lean
8. dabuz null
10. Fandangox town lean
11. Gova town
12. ScaryLB59 town lean
13. Potassium town

Lynch pool

1. Mir
2. HollowNote
3/4. Handorin
3/4. Dabuz

That's weak as ******** but then again that's expecting you to actually have something solid at this point in the game.

Let's not play this repetition game where you just keep saying I'm scum until someone gets sick of it and lynches me. If you think I'm scum, come at me with something more than "Your read on Raz is whack" because that's been beaten into the ground for **** people don't even get anyway. You're better than this and all these "leans" just makes it so your reads feel safe as ****.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
"Meh"

Not really interested, I don't think Gorf's scum at the moment.
That's one of the reasons I am asking everyone about it. I don't see Gorf's as scum. The other reason is that I think Potassium's reasoning on it are kind of weak.

He made a wall, I read it, **** dabuz. He's putting himself out there but I struggle to read that slot too. I thought he was town for most of Luigi's but he was actually scum in the end. He's playing like it here, however, but ****all if that's just his meta or him actually being scum.
Well I am not gonna bother with the meta for obvious reasons, but I curious too as too why he focus on Glarg's in specific when it doesn't really the point of his wall was to say anything about Glarg. Since he agreed on the soup slot's wagon, and has that case against you.

I am concerned about Hollownote not being in the game at all, and Handorin's weird list post.

I also would like for @ Top Deck BLS Top Deck BLS to elaborate on his list as well.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
I went back and re-read your debacle with Raz...

Whether or not you exactly prioritized him, he was definitely a concern to you.
If he really wasn't a big deal to you, you could've expressed this earlier and saved the time.
I tried to :\

His play was concerning but not a priority. That's what my intent was: to highlight why I was concerned but to also say that he was not a major deal at the moment.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Because, really:

Don't let MiR make conclusions based on nothing. His post on me reeks that he's just trying to make something stick instead of actually reading me. He didn't delve into anything I said and just tried to shrug it off and latch onto Gorf's assumption with little to no explanation of his own, add in a bunch of superficial words like 'defensive' whack and 'easy' doesn't add up and pretend it looks pretty.

Look at Kantrip more. Don't let him get away with not posting. Put Kantrip into a position where he's pressured and he'll reveal his alignment.
Don't let Dabuz make posts #144. Make sure he follows up on what he's doing.

This is your commanding officer speaking. I'm now here to get things back in line I'm replacing the weak willed soup slot I'm here to kick some ***. I go harder than Gaia the Dragon Charger and I hope someone brought a Salvage for those two heads in the Make it Rain slot. I agree with Soup and Raz on their negative look at Make it Rain's slot. Their view on Raz just doesn't add up. If they want their vote on us to go anywhere, they would do well to pursue it now while someone is here.

We both read the thread and caught up. We're ready to do a little AMA right now, so Ask Me Anything. I'm going to play this game as transparent as possible. I'm not gonna lie to you. Some of you will die, but with superior leadership, we will emerge victorious as a glorious town revolution. Bring forth the questions.

Vote: Make it Rain
The irony is titanic

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
And there's a reason my vote's still on Soup's slot. I do have my distaste for Raz but it's three posts out of the course of the game as compared to the entirety of Soup's play at the moment. If you think I'm swinging for the fences on something like that, you're ********.
Yea, this post that actually supports what you're saying, so I can actually believe you on that.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Reads list.

1. HollowNote null
2. Handorin null
3. Gargaglione town
5. Gorf town lean
6. Raziek town lean
8. dabuz null
10. Fandangox town lean
11. Gova town
12. ScaryLB59 town lean
13. Potassium town

Lynch pool

1. Mir
2. HollowNote
3/4. Handorin
3/4. Dabuz

Hmm I'll bite.

Why is hollow your #2? Specifically, from your POV why I he above hando/dabuz on the lynch pool?

Overall, soups exit of the game have me no breath of confidence in his alignment. People felt his exit was townie but I don't buy it. As far as your approach to the game goes, you seem to check in as better but I don't know whether or not to be more worried of that.

Give me your insight on your MiR read. The read feels conjured from everyone else's read. What is it that rings scummy to you about the slot, in your own words? Iirc it's his stance on Raz' slot, but you went as far as saying that? From my pov, he's just over thinking the Raz beginning of game thing, and plus, he's really only been on that when people interrogated him for it. I wanna see what you see, not others.

Level with me here.

It's hard for me to put a lot of my feelings for Gorf into words, because it's not so much "tells" that I can show people. It's more in how he's wording his posts and the general appeasing attitude he's exuding along with a lack of a townie progression of reads from what I can surmise.
... So you're scared of me? Mkay, who else is scum?

Lol at Fandango calling Garg Glarg.

Top Bottom