• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Alright
@Politoed
I agree with your stance on soup/BLS, I think he's pretty scum.

What I don't get is your initial disposition towards Raziek. You said one of your problems with him lies in the post he made coming into the game when meeting me. What exactly about that do you not like?

@dabuz
I'm null on Politoed, he has good content towards soup, but some of his stuff of Raz is questionable (i.e what I just questioned him on)

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
@ Handorin Handorin
I really don't like your playstyle at the moment.

You don't appear a lot and when you do your content isn't much at all.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Because I haven't even been able to read the game. Class is over in an hour. I'll be able to get to it after that.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Again, fixing my post from before.
@Top Deck BLS on what I think of Gova and potassium.

On Potassium: I am sort of conflicted, I like how he entered the game (I mean in page 9 and 10, since his presence was non-existent) He entered answering all the questions directed to him, and asked other players questions himself. That said I really don't see his case on Gorf at all.

His case seem to have started when Gorf dodged his question about why he liked Handorin's post. I think it is a very odd (if not silly) Although I don't see why Gorf wouldn't just answer that question, it strikes me as odd that this was the point where Potassium focused on him.

His first reason for voting Gorf was Gorf's #107. Saying that he didn't like how he said "not yet" regarding his play. Seems like he is grasping at straws. It was very early in the game of course people's reads/views would change as the game goes along.

His second reason was Gorf's #128 Stating that it was a rhetorical question.

This is Soup's post:

Well yeah, but I don't want people to use me as a scapegoat honestly. It's so easy to get on this wagon right now and what's worse is that I shouldn't be the one having to think about all that. People should be here analyzing what they think of the wagon, let alone me.
Here's what Gorf said:

WOW.

Umm...

So people should be here to analyze this wagon and whatnot... But it just shouldn't be on you. Well why the **** not?
Seems like the most natural response one would have to a post like that. Hell I had the exact same response to that post too.

Don't have much to say on his reasoning on Gorf's 147. Seems mostly a meta-point of view on soup's reactions.

So in conclusion: I like how Potassium entered the game, but I find his case on Gorf to lack any weight and it seems suspicious to me.

On Gova. I mostly seeing him as null, leaning on the Town side. He has had a presence through the game, asking questions to other players. That said, looking back, he is the only active player that has not voted yet.

@Gova What's your current view of the game overall? What do you make of Potassium's case on Gorf? BLS's case on MiR?

Also Dabuz's post made me notice something about Glarg:

I meant that he shouldn't in the sense that if he were truly not so worried about the votes, he would be able to shrug it off better.

I'm not saying that I don't want reactions to get things from.
I agree on soup seeming pretty sincere.
These two seem like a contradiction. Which one is it, was he sincere, or not?

Also @ Make it Rain! Make it Rain! Now that dabuz has entered the game can you tell me what you think of his play? Since you didn't answer last time I asked :v

There, fixed that mess.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
These two seem like a contradiction. Which one is it, was he sincere, or not?
As I said in my post to dabuz, that contradiction was due to my ambivalence on whether to believe soup was just being a whiny baby or that he was actually being scummy.

I now believe he was being scummy. The content of his posts suggest he was more interested in swaying our interest away from him more than anything.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Sorry I want to talk with Alex about DAbunz before commenting on what "we" think. I think the way he comments/takes stances and asks questions is very safe but that's mainly because it's largely catch-up. If he played more in the real-time and had a LINE of questioning instead of individual comments then I'd be less concerned, but these are all single MSTs and never does he chain his traps or quick-plays. top deck mind control HMU!!!

Anyway, I think Alex has some meta on him sooo I'd like to talk with him about it.
That's okay, but please get back to me on that. I would agree with that overall stance. When he first appeared he seemed to tackle a few questions, ask some, and then disappeared until now. His second appearance was a lot better, he has a stance now, and brought attention to some of Glarg's post I overlooked.

It still does seem similar to his first multi-quote post.

As I said in my post to dabuz, that contradiction was due to my ambivalence on whether to believe soup was just being a whiny baby or that he was actually being scummy.

I now believe he was being scummy. The content of his posts suggest he was more interested in swaying our interest away from him more than anything.
I see. That's kind of how I saw it, mainly his #125 which is why my vote is still on his slot.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
That's okay, but please get back to me on that. I would agree with that overall stance. When he first appeared he seemed to tackle a few questions, ask some, and then disappeared until now. His second appearance was a lot better, he has a stance now, and brought attention to some of Glarg's post I overlooked.
So what's your overall stance on dabuz?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
So what's your overall stance on dabuz?
Null. His first post seemed to me like an effort to get the game moving, but he disappeared after the game got going and didn't appear again until page 10. He needs to post more for me to get a read on him.

@dabuz What do you think of Potassium's case on Gorf?

Actually I would like to know what everyone thinks of it.

I will re-read Dabuz's vote on MiR. I am in college right now so probably won't comment on it until I am out. I don't want a repeat of my messed quoted post.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Top Deck BLS said:
Gorf, what's your read on Raz?
Townlean, would not off any time soon.

I want to know what direction you're going, and why your vote is on Make it Rain!. Their Raz suspicion doesn't add up. You agree with Soup and Raz about em. THAT'S GREAT! Tells me nothing though. Your predecessor was scummy (you even say you're not going to go on and white knight him) so I need to see some meat. Significant reads, thoughts, direction, ANYTHING.

dabuz said:
That wasn't even a wall. I will show you walls this game since that's how I best get out my thoughts.
:|

Although I WILL move here as a compromise since you (Ryker) see what I'm seeing.

Make it Rain! said:
What do you guys think of Kantrip?
Ehh I wanted to like him but looking back his lack of substance is bothering me the same way it did in Tranquility, and even when he came to the one and only conclusion he had, it seemed like it just wasn't enough for me to like, on top of the fact that it looked like he was just on the hunt for an alternate direction. Would lynch after Top Deck/dabuz.

Garaglione said:
whining baby
Dude you make me laugh.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
@dabuz What do you think of Potassium's case on Gorf?

Actually I would like to know what everyone thinks of it.
I think Potassium's case on Gorf seems pretty OMGUS.
Gorf inferred that Potassium's actions leaned somewhat scum and Potassium came back with pretty extensive and exaggerated reasoning on Gorf being scum instead.

Gorf seems pretty genuine and concerned with finding scum atm to me.

Handorin

Smash Hero
waaaah excuses. Come back when you got something to say
No johns. I'm just letting you know before you jump down my throat again.

It's likely anyways that 75% of those pages is meaningless bickering that I can skim through.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Gorf #107 - Don't like that he added "not yet, at least" when saying he didn't see me as scum. Seems like an unnecessary statement to put at the end of the paragraph. It's a back-door that he probably didn't even mean to put in his post, but it comes about as a result of being cautious with your wording to ensure a hard-stance you take can't bite you later. Indicative of scum but it's a very slight tell. Gorf still null but this is of note.
this is what I mean btw, with the OMGUS.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
No johns. I'm just letting you know before you jump down my throat again.

It's likely anyways that 75% of those pages is meaningless bickering that I can skim through.
Hahahaha, I was just joshin' with you on that post. Take your time.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Copying and pasting my notes I made. Gova and Gorf keep getting mixed up in my mind.

-Meaningless rvs bandwagon on soup. Common soup hate

-MiR #64, like who cares? Why would anyone ask someone to analyze something they did? It's just begging for attention and trying to force a read to "catch them". Attention worthy, but means nothing by itself currently. Watch trends.

-Agree w/ Potassium. Garg slight town read with that tell of forgetting Gheb was part of IR.

- @Soup such salt, such mafia

- @ Fandangox Fandangox - any wagon involving soup will get the same reaction, no matter the stage in the game. This is typical soup behavior and not telling at all.

-This game doesn't even know about the #HBC wildcard.

-MiR Caring way to much about that self read question. Like Gova/Raz have said, you can't get anything other than RVS/lolidunno.

-Ignoring is a tell, you don't have to pressure people to get one.

-@Make it Rain!- Like, you're generalizing scum way to much. Scum won't do anything. A player as scum will do something. How will Raz as scum enter the game? Are you that dead set on him not being commital? (aka not working on a random bandwagon?)

@Gova yo dawg, I was doing law homework (and I know nothing about law), then I went to bed.

-soup being overly emotional again. I wonder if he actually replaces out? Only my read through will tell...

-Dang I missed Seph's banner.

@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu your Not Voting list is incorrect. Make sure to update it. Props on that vote log though. It's pretty cool.

But I think everyone should have checked out when Raziek did. Still being on-board after soup replaced out is whack to me because his reaction totally looks town.
When soup is scum he fakes his exasperated reactions because it fits with his meta. He would not replace out if it was faked because he would still be playing the game and trying to win.
Very much this.

Scum List:
1. HollowNote- dunno
2. Handorin- Godfather
3. Gargaglione- Scum
4. Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry)- Scum
5. Gorf- Town
6. Raziek-Town
7. Inglorious ******* (Gheb_01/JTB)- Sporting cement shoes in the lake
8. dabuz- town
9. soup/BLS- town
10. Fandangox- Scum wildcard
11. Gova- Scum
12. ScaryLB59- Scum Wildcard
13. Potassium- Town

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Reasoning for putting Raziek on the spot is because Raziek has trouble getting into games, was MiR's way to help Raziek make a stance. Could be a way to catch Raziek scum if Raziek slips, but it's more likely to awkwardly put pressure on Raziek.
Not liking MiR, his entire thing on Raziek just doesn't seem well thought out. In fact it looks like something scum would do. (Finding a reason to latch onto Raziek that isn't good. Purposely asking Raziek a question that is likely to put Raziek in a bad spot.) Then there's his case on Soup which I explained my dislike of quite literally above this segment.
You seem to have a contradiction here. You first state that the possibility was that MiR did this to pressure Raz into the game, but in a later quote in your same post you say the he probably did that to put Raz on a bad spot.

I think it has had the opposite effect, nobody has put pressure on Raz, but people are noticing MiR's posts and calling him out on his play around Raz. I can totally see the MiR Vs Raz being what MiR said it was, getting Raz into the game. I agree that his case on Raz is very weak and his obsession with focusing on him is odd, but to MiR's credit Raz has barely contributed into the game, which is why I assume he is still focusing on him.

If either MiR or Soup/ Soup's replacement are scum, they are def. not on the same scumteam.
I think I can definitively agree with that. That said I am still waiting on MiR's complete opinion on your play.

@ Handorin Handorin Could you elaborate on that list please? And specifically what do you think of Potassium's case on Gorf? Why are you leaning Town on Raz when there is really not much he has said to make any concrete assumptions yet? @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf Could you also elaborate more on why you lean town on Raz?

#HBC | Gorf

@ Fandangox Fandangox I don't really feel like it. Feel free to call me scum for it but his logic seems clear and his intentions don't raise questions for me.

@ Handorin Handorin I know you know your mafia but what threw you off with Garg? In your notes you say that the town tell is legit but have em as scum. Also you're stupid for following that logic of kantrips you posted (WIFOM harder). Were you fully caugh up when you posted that?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I don't think you are scum for that, I get that his logic seems clear, I got that too. Its just that even counting that, Raz's only contributions to the game are on MiR's callout of him, I just think its odd that people lean on him as town despite him not having much of a presence so far.

#HBC | Gorf

Naw, because they're hilarious.

Don't worry it's not arrogant fluff, this has to do with that joking thing I said people do, and brushing people off isn't scummy no matter how agitating it may be to you.

#HBC | Gorf

I don't think you are scum for that, I get that his logic seems clear, I got that too. Its just that even counting that, Raz's only contributions to the game are on MiR's callout of him, I just think its odd that people lean on him as town despite him not having much of a presence so far.
That's why it's a leeeeeeeeeeean man. I liked his entrance tbh and nothing has ticked me the wrong way with em. Likely not a priority toDay imo.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Fanny, and Hando for that matter, the only reason we spent so much time on Raz is because other people forced us to go into painstaking detail on something we never intended to focus on. I have no idea how often I need to repeat that.

If you want Alex to join this game atm I recommend adding riddlethenin on skype and bombarding him with demands to play this game. ty

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Naw, because they're hilarious.

Don't worry it's not arrogant fluff, this has to do with that joking thing I said people do, and brushing people off isn't scummy no matter how agitating it may be to you.
I got the joke. I meant what's arrogant is that he wont explain. Refusing to explain something IS scummy

Fandangox

Smash Lord
That's why it's a leeeeeeeeeeean man. I liked his entrance tbh and nothing has ticked me the wrong way with em. Likely not a priority toDay imo.
Alright fair enough. Still want to hear Handorin's thoughts on this though.

Fanny, and Hando for that matter, the only reason we spent so much time on Raz is because other people forced us to go into painstaking detail on something we never intended to focus on. I have no idea how often I need to repeat that.

If you want Alex to join this game atm I recommend adding riddlethenin on skype and bombarding him with demands to play this game. ty
Well I already stated why i thought you were still focusing on Raz, not really confused about that.

Also I have him on Skype, I don't want to go outside the game and force people to play, I realize some of us must be busy and have irl stuff to deal with. I just want people to put their thoughts when they are active, and elaborate on them, no rush (having a consensus before nearing the deadline would be neat tho O:)

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
... No, it's not. It's anti town maybe but there's a difference.
Anti-town is agains town. There are only two sides, there's no in between...

If he doesnt offer an explanation or reasoning, Im voting on him.

Top Bottom