• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finger exercises?

Binx

Smash Master
I doubt many people do any sort of exercise to warm up your hands, if your hands start off slowly I would recomend playing some friendly matches first to get used to them, maybe play a faster character that you dont use in tournament and just spend a little bit of time shffling random attacks into computers before a tourney. Find something that works for you, if your fingers are slow you can try playing Step Mania with your right thumb and some other finger haha.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I never do anything along the lines of finger exercising... maybe some warm-up matches if I feel the need, but nothing actually along the lines of line-drilling my digits.

WestStar

Smash Cadet
Just make a fist and let go like 100 times on each hand. It's a good exercise for many things ranging from video games, band, and even scratching.

Yomi

Smash Cadet
Try learning some fingers tricks like spinning a pen, trick card shuffling or manipulating a quarter as previously mentioned. They will take some practice, but once you get good it will help your fingers and also help you relax.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Just practice a ton, eventually you'll need minimal warmup time. Trust me, my fingers move really fast (they didn't start that way), and I don't need much warmup time.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
When I'm in a friendly, I just start doing some random stuff until I'm warmed up. During a tournament, I just play a couple of warm up rounds before I start my match.

KZEZ

Smash Cadet
As most people said friendlies are the best way to warm up and should be all you need to be prepared for tourny play but for some reason I often find myself moving the controller as if dash dancing right before the a match starts. but that is probably just due to the fact that I am to impatient to wait and need to release nervous energy.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I forget which pro did this but they used to play the Piano b4 playing in the tournament to warm his fingers up to play good. Being able to do this requires you to be able to play the piano good tho.

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
i dont really do ne finger exercises...but i do my wave dash motion on my control stick.

yes i know..i jump with the control stick. i am lame.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
Crack every knuckle and middle joint on each finger and stretch each digit back a bit to loosen the muscles up.

's about it

Yomi

Smash Cadet
Does cracking you kunckles really help your fingers loosen up? I always thought it was just a good way to release a little psychological tension. Does anyone have some evidence of what cracking your kunckles does in this respect?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Play DDR on the keyboard with your right hand. Use only the 4 arrows on the keyboard. That helps me out anyway.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Something I do for playing bass guitar, which may also apply to playing video games:
Take your right hand and arm and stick them out straight. Take your left hand and pull your fingers back towards you for about twenty seconds at a time. Then switch to the other hand. Do that for about 4-5 minutes (or until you just don't want to anymore).

Helped relieve the paralyzing hand cramps I got from playing guitar for extended amounts of time.

Don't crack your knuckles unless you're trying to make your opponent think you're weak. It's not a myth that that will cause arthritis in your later years.

Top Bottom