• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally! Some Brawl ENGLISH Voices...~UPDATED:MORE VOICES~

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
Pit sounds like a woman,
Fox AND Falco sound really retarted,
Ike isn't too bad,
Metaknight..sounds like Darth Vader... O_o But still his voice is awesome.

=S-A=

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
Because i'm open minded?
I like both voices equally, this is cool because I can understand them
Besides i'll be too busy beating the **** out of people to worry about voices.
So I'm close-minded now? Sorry, I just can't find myself looking forward to any of those taunts, they sound more annoying than entertaining.

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
Pit sounds like a lesbian, Metaknight is apparently luke skywalker's mexican father, Falco and Fox went from French fighter pilots to a couple of Brooklyn boys at a Dodger's game, and Ike "fights for his friends..."

This is a FLAW and a fail. Voice acting and character interaction are key elements when it comes to multiplayer based combat, and a simple phrase spoken with conviction makes more of an impact than what Sakurai is trying to pull with these emotionless, unrealistic, disgraceful, Disneyland VA's.

Normally I would be the first to say that a characters voice should have little to no significants when dealing with a fighting game, but these are the icons of the gaming generation, this isn't battle arena toshinden, this is SMASH BROS.

And now I'm finding out that there is NO language option...

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
MetaKnight = ....Darth Vader?

Falco = Not nearly as cool as he was in 64?

And where are my awesome Star Fox quotes from Falco too?

"Fox, your supposed to hit ALL of them."

"Gah, something wrong with the G-defuser!"

"Follow me Fox!"

"Pretty smooth Flyin'"

Oh, and I'm reasonably certain "Landmaster!" was Sakurai's little "F*ck you" to the community.

ReenK

Smash Rookie
Holy crap! Meta Knight! I didn't expect him to sound like THAT! It's...kinda scary. The others are uh...not that great. Does anyone know if PT has the new Ash voice? What about Wolf?

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
I guess I don't just speak for myself when I say I prefer the Japanese voices over English ones (despite not understanding them >___>)

Metaknight doesn't sound as badass.
Still bad ***, but not as cool.

I hated it, but loved it at the same time, that annoying 'NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA' thing Pit did with one of his moves. He sounds really bad now, and I mean really.

Ike sounds lifeless, there's no emotion in his voice, it's drab, and for such a powerful character and personality I was expecting more.

Falco basically had the Brooklyn accent in recent SF games anyway so I expected it, and Fox isn't anything to worry about. (Just going to miss the Japanese 'LANDUMASTAAAAAAAA' :p)

Oh well. Still dreading DDD and Pokemon Trainer...

Edds

Smash Ace
more i listen to them. more better they become.

ike's is alright. but some of the lines are a bit out of place.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
So I'm close-minded now? Sorry, I just can't find myself looking forward to any of those taunts, they sound more annoying than entertaining.
Sorry if it seemd i called you close minded, it's just not a big deal..they're just one liners..they don't make or break the game =/

Gillenium

Smash Rookie
I'm liking them more and more, too. In fact, I think MK and Falco are GREAT! They just completely fit the characters. Now, Fox and Pit.... meh, it's ok. I don't think they're as bad as they could have been.

Ike is strange, but I like it. He sounds like a quiet but powerful hero type. It's different.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Pit sounds like a lesbian, Metaknight is apparently luke skywalker's mexican father, Falco and Fox went from French fighter pilots to a couple of Brooklyn boys at a Dodger's game, and Ike "fights for his friends..."

This is a FLAW and a fail. Voice acting and character interaction are key elements when it comes to multiplayer based combat, and a simple phrase spoken with conviction makes more of an impact than what Sakurai is trying to pull with these emotionless, unrealistic, disgraceful, Disneyland VA's.

Normally I would be the first to say that a characters voice should have little to no significants when dealing with a fighting game, but these are the icons of the gaming generation, this isn't battle arena toshinden, this is SMASH BROS.

And now I'm finding out that there is NO language option...
Oh get a grip. First off, Sakurai has nothing to do with english voice-acting. Secondly, "key elements?" They would be key elements in a strategy RPG, but how does a lame "I fight for my friends" line ruin a *fighting* game?

I agree that the voices are a little disappointing, but no matter what the voice sounded like, SOMEONE is going to gripe about it. Regardless, the voices aren't even close to "key elements" of this game. Besides, the lame voices are what carry over and become a legacy. Let's be real here, the Starfox 64 lines that we can all quote were lame. But that's what made them last, that's what made them funny. Is "Falcon... PAAAANCH!!!" supposed to be good voice acting?

If you want good voice-acting, just check this out.

SSEddie13

Smash Cadet
NNID
sseddie13
3DS FC
5429-9107-2527
That sucks that they don't have selectable Japanese voices. But the dubbed voices don't sound THAT bad. Believe me I've heard way worse then that, but still I'm glad I have the Japanese version of the game because its better...

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Like I said before, after a week or 2 of playing you won't even notice.

Well maybe Pit, then again he is supposed to be young like 13...

Prax

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight's is pretty good, though i wouldn't picture a small purple blob sounding like darth vader.

Pit's made me die a little on the inside, and i never thought i would say this, but i prefer his japanese voice (annoying nanananana! and all).

Fox isn't too bad, but the "Landmaster!" thing is horrible compared to the japanese version.

Falco is pretty good, but i don't like the accent much.

Ike's voice is pretty good, it was the bad quotes like "I fight for my friends" that bothered me

Overall i think they could definatly have done better with the VAs, but it wouldn't be worth a delay to get better ones.

Akuryou

Smash Cadet
They'll probably be less noticably bad once we're actually playing the game, but all the same, it makes me wish there was a Japanese option.

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
Pffft. You want voice acting so bad it puts HOTEL MARIO and the Cd-i Zelda to shame?

Voice acting so bad the actors phoning it in would be an IMPROVEMENT?

Gentlemen, behold: the US dub for Castle Shikigami 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPYbnZXqAmE
Oh hell... :laugh:

Speaking of which, the third one comes out next month. Can't wait, but man I'd wish I could mute VA and just let that half decent Soundtrack play throughout the game.

Another random question: Why the heck did they dub the conversation sequences, but not the in-game voice effects?

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
You know, Dynasty Warriors 3 did that. I can't tell you why, though.

Funny enough, Dynasty Warriors 3 had such bad acting that it was good, so hey. Sometimes horrible works.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Hmm,hate to tell you guys I told you so but this looks like this will be the 1st Smash game I play without sound effects,because they will turned off in my house at least.No way in holy hell Iam putting up with those dubs,thats like listening to FF:Advent Children in English all over again.And for those of you that are non anime fans,this is why games imported should NEVER be dubbed.Just read though at all the "omfg lols,thats is horriBlEZ"post for more reasons.Majority rules am I right guys?

Iam aware it doesnt bother some of you probably because its doesnt interfer in what your looking for in this game.Chances are those other things are among "Melee missing techs"thats more important to you than ******** sounding a$$ dubs.So,let us speak our peace please? Thanks..If you guys need me,Ill be throwing up in the bathroom.

orintemple

Smash Lord
MetaKnight sounds like Spanish Darth Vader. Ike sounds like Luke Skywalker. Falco is from New York. And Pit makes me wants to tear my ears off.

I love MetaKnight's voice though :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmm after hearing MetaKnight after a while it seems way better than the first time I heard it :laugh:. But still ****ing *******es 4kids ruined Kirby
That isn't Meta-Knight's 4Kids voice in Smash

PDawgy

Smash Journeyman
ugh I wanted it Japaneses

no, not because there better voice acting, it's because I can't understand a shit they say

but at least metaknight doesn't sound like the one from the 4kids anime

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
My personal favorites are Fox saying "Landmaster!" and Meta Knight saying "KNOW MY POWER!"

I'm sad about Pit's voice..it's okay..just..sad.

Falco sounds that same and Ike quote "I fight for my friends" and kind of corny =\

Top Bottom