• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally! Some Brawl ENGLISH Voices...~UPDATED:MORE VOICES~

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
I think I died a little inside..............
Just... Tooo..... BAD!
Good thing Sonic and Snake sound good.... And Meta Knight is passable...

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
LANDMASTER!!

Yeah, you guys should have known Ike's voice was going to come from his games in English. The only thing I wish they kept was the sound Ike made during his UpB..."SAYEAA!"

Other than that characters barely talk so it doesn't even matter.

Ike kinda sounds like Anakin from Revenge of the Sith and some people say Metaknight sounds like Darth Vader but he really doesn't.

Reynard

Smash Rookie
Fox is acceptable. Ike sounds a bit bored. Falco's accent kind of grates. Meta Knight is awesome. But Pit is... god awful.

Darkburst

Smash Cadet
Alright....my opinions:

Fox: Would be great if he didn't sound too young to me.

Meta Knight: .......Did they get mother****ing James Earl Jones for him?? o_0 Don't know if I love it or hate it.

Pit: ...
... I may have to mute the TV playing as him now.

Ike: The exact opposite of Fox-would be much better if he sounded younger. And "I fight for my friends" sounds prettty dern cheezy.

Falco: Suprisingly, I like it. It has the "attitude" I expect from Falco.

Downfall

Smash Apprentice
WhyTF would they actually take the time to take that out!? That's ****ing bull****!
Because we're American and I doubt the Japanese want more pigboys running around their 'holy land' spouting pig-Japanese.

SUGOI KAWAII DESU DESU ^____^

But in all seriousness, probably because it isn't that necessary. At all. Just a luxury. And, you know, we're American, not Japanese. It kinda makes sense we wouldn't have an option for their language, considering we don't speak it. Not the majority, anyway.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Enchanted Arms had an option to turn the spoken text to Japanese though, for people who would get massive ear bleeding due to seriously bad voice acting.

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
LANDMASTER!!

Yeah, you guys should have known Ike's voice was going to come from his games in English. The only thing I wish they kept was the sound Ike made during his UpB..."SAYEAA!"
I actually prefer the HOLY CRAP BLOOD CURDLING yell the US version gives his Aether.

VivaLaPika

Smash Cadet
There are plenty of good American, Canadian, and English(Irish, Scottish) voice actors, but if you only keep tabs on how Japanses cartoons are dubbed you're going to see the bottom of the barrel.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I think with the music it will drown out the voices some...

It won't sound too bad...

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i hope there is an option to mute only pit , because i seriouly dont thinkni can use him with that voice it just wont work .... even young link from Oot of time has a deeper voice than that it pathetic. pit is not a fricken girl hes an adolescent man, its cool in japan but not here. the tottally effed this up

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
i hope there is an option to mute only pit , because i seriouly dont thinkni can use him with that voice it just wont work .... even young link from Oot of time has a deeper voice than that it pathetic. pit is not a fricken girl hes an adolescent man, its cool in japan but not here. the tottally effed this up
Dude, Pit is like... 13

darkbutterfly16

Smash Rookie
Guy's who cares about the voice actors. besides we should be playing brawl because it is fun, not care about voice actors. ^^ I don't really care about the voice acting at all, I would just care about the fun of the game that's all. :)

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
ROBOT IKE CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL!
"I fight for my friends."
Despite that like, and pit, they were pretty good, I guess. We'll never get the masterpiece voiceacting in Star Fox 64 again...

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
SUGOI KAWAII DESU DESU ^____^
I lived in Okinawa, Japan from 2000 to 2005 and was greatly perturbed by the butchery of t3h England speak. Ever since I came back, I realize that it is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING compared to what overobsessed psychotic fanchildrens do. The companies in control of the in flow of Japanese anime/manga and translation/adaptation of such don't help either. I'm gonna puke next time I see a Konoha-headband wearing fangirl screaming 'OMGKAWAIIDESUDESULOLLOLLOL!!!!111111111111". 'desu' is an article placed ONCE at the end of a sentence.

Idiots...

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
English just doesn't sound good in video games.

日本人のスピーチのビデオゲームではない良い音です。

I'm gonna puke next time I see a Konoha-headband wearing fangirl screaming 'OMGKAWAIIDESUDESULOLLOLLOL!!!!111111111111". 'desu' is an article placed ONCE at the end of a sentence.

Idiots...

DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

Also, Fangirls say dattebayo, not Desu.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
AWESOME.

Holy crap people hate these voices are LOSERS who want to be japanese because they like anime. These are really nice only a few speaches sounded bad.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Agh for some reason Youtube videos wont show for me. I can see everything else on the page except the video.

How do I fix this? :(

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Well, I think with the music it will drown out the voices some...

It won't sound too bad...
That's what I was thinking. They can't rate the game just voice acting right?

But I'm glad they made the U.S. Commercial better though. It's those guys that say "Wii would like to play," yay. But of course these more of these.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
I feel like I've just been slapped with a hand covered in baby powder and, can't do anything about it.

Fox: It's ok, but sound to juvenile to me. In 64 he sounded more like "the leader", still the best out of them all and, that's not saying a lot.

MK: I know Meta’s mouth is covered but, no. Seriously, no…

Pit: Generic, prepubescent, annoying as hell, loud mouthed, anime teen. Not what I got from him in his games and, I don‘t like it at all.
“Great Palutena (I didn’t even know that’s who you pronounced it), victory is ours!”. This made me cringe.
Whenever I fight a Pit, this will be my number one reason to make sure I win. Unless I end up maining him, then I play on mute…

Ike: This one sucked the most( after listening to the video the third time. I was mistaken, Pit's actually is the worse. No contest). Seriously, it might as well have been voiced by Microsoft Sam.
“I fight for my friends”. Wtf was that?

Falco: Not that bad ether. Just, compared to his 64 voice, this one seems like it sucks more then it actually does. Which is still a decent amount of sucking…

Short version:
Japanese option or, Bust.
And, from what people have been saying, it looks like a Bust -_-..

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Fox- pretty good. Pretty stereotypical-anime-dub-ish, but still acceptable.

Meta Knight: OH DEAR GOD!!!! IT'S HORRIBLE!!!!
Okay, it isn't too awful, but I'm still pissed they kept in the spanish accent. Seriously, WTF!?

Pit: I may be the minority here, but I actually like it. I was afraid they would make his voice more mature and teenager-ish, but they kept it girly, just how I wanted it. Acting is pretty wooden though.

Ike: Okay, but pretty corny.

Falco: WTF, he sounds like the fonz 0_o. But it sounds like his SF64 voice, which makes it automatically awesome.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
then say should have kept pit's voice from the japsn version like marth

fox & falco grow on me after listenight a few times, meta still sounds bad ***, ike? doesnt rreally matter to me i guess as long as sounds like man and not a woman...

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
Listening again I actually like Falco's voice. I think his fits really well and it a lot better than Melee.

Pit is still ****ing terrible though.

EDIT: And if anyone finds a video with PT and the Pokemon's english voices please let me know.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's what I was thinking. They can't rate the game just voice acting right?

But I'm glad they made the U.S. Commercial better though. It's those guys that say "Wii would like to play," yay. But of course these more of these.
...dangit

I hate the stupid wii would like to play commercials...

They just ****in' make the same **** commercial for every game...

CJay

Smash Cadet
most of the voices you will not hear in the game.

info: the victory pose samples are COMPLETLY out of sync.
pit starts to talk and then open his mouth 10 sec. later

Top Bottom