• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash V: Reunion San Antonio, TX BRAWL RESULTS!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
DMG stealing my CG's XD. I made a topic about that chainbgrab a few weeks ago >_<.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
<3 Lee the most, Razer, Dojo, Santi, DMG, Dallasphat, CYPHUS, Hylian, wemp, Kown, chaotic and takeyourlife!

Everyone else, good ****, especially espy! :D

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG stealing my CG's XD. I made a topic about that chainbgrab a few weeks ago >_<.
Lol are you serious? Mine makes Popo stay in place when he regrabs basically, standing in the same direction. He turns around briefly and turns back around to grab. That's BS Hylian XD

Can you 0-death people with it? I almost did it to Dallas Phat but messed up a throw at like 93%. I think it's easier than just Bthrow to Bthrow and needs even less room than Bthrow to Fthrow.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol are you serious? Mine makes Popo stay in place when he regrabs basically, standing in the same direction. He turns around briefly and turns back around to grab. That's BS Hylian XD

Can you 0-death people with it? I almost did it to Dallas Phat but messed up a throw at like 93%. I think it's easier than just Bthrow to Bthrow and needs even less room than Bthrow to Fthrow.
Yes that is the EXACT CG I posted. Go look at the topic lol. It was made weeks before FS5 XD. I can also show you a video of lain doing this to a Rob but with Fthrow.

And yes I can 0-death with it. I use it against Wario ironically lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yes that is the EXACT CG I posted. Go look at the topic lol. It was made weeks before FS5 XD. I can also show you a video of lain doing this to a Rob but with Fthrow.

And yes I can 0-death with it. I use it against Wario ironically lol.
Well poopie. lol.

Nike U are the man good sir.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
@DMG Yeah, we did fine. We wrecked on neutrals... we shoulda stuck with simpler countepick stages. And dude, I outlived you and killed just as many people every round (you did get gayed by Shuttle Poops and Whorenados a couple times, though), and you're Game & Watch XD Wario is tooooooo good in teams. Wish you would stick w/ him more, save Watch for Green Greens or something :p

Also, I have to say that d4ba is THE funnest person to play against in doubles EVER. He always seems SO SURPRISED when someone kills him or he gets close to dying, and yells out expletives all the time, it's hilarious.

Oh, and I don't think I'll be doing shoutouts. There's way too many people and I'm way too lazy... plus most of hte people and **** that went down were awesome anyway.

To those in pools and who've been playing Wario. Keep it up!

Santi

Smash Lord
lolol. was awesome. <3 santi
come live with me

Really? I hate my voice. D:

Voice Match? 2/3! :p
Mhm really.
My voice is stupid and child like because my balls have not dropped at all :)

Voice match? YOUR ON :) hehe... ask fogo and dallas.. my joker voice... spot on ;) UNlike KYAS LMAO!!!!

come live with me too.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hylian, please tell me how to get that hack!

It's kind of complicated.

Sethlon has my SD card so I can't give you the codes :/. PM him and he can explain it to you though. You homebrew but after you use them once on homebrew they will always be on your wii even if you don't have an SD card in it :). You can change them whenever you want etc.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm gonna try that.

Every level on my Brawl copy will be Sonic Music...

And I look very fat in that IHOP vid Nike. I had a minor stomache cramp after the steak feast. I guess it was way too much Winning Steak...

Ruthless

Smash Cadet
I had Emerald hill zone playing on everystage on mine.

until i fully hacked it and completely left brawl to find the sexy beast i call TvC :)

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Haha, I'll PM you instructions sometime too Magik, i've got like 4 people all of a sudden who want to know how to do this, lol

Ruthless: I tried getting a burned copy of TvC to work on my wii, but I kept getting a 324 error whenever I tried to boot it =/ any clue why? I've searched around and I can't find any for sure answer.

Ruthless

Smash Cadet
Ruthless: I tried getting a burned copy of TvC to work on my wii, but I kept getting a 324 error whenever I tried to boot it =/ any clue why? I've searched around and I can't find any for sure answer.
did you use the right kind of dvd?

it has to be DVD-R with atleast 4gigs, mine has 4.7 gigs

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Haha, I'll PM you instructions sometime too Magik, i've got like 4 people all of a sudden who want to know how to do this, lol

LOL It's because everyone loved my wii at FS5 XD.

Seriously before my tournament match with Sudai he turned up the volume all the way to live and learn which was on my character select screen and we just jammed to like the whole song before our tournament match haha.

Toooo good.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Sethlon PM me the same set of instructions. I already have homebrew on my wii. Adding both you and Lee to my aim fyi.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
**** trying to drive back to mother****ing Norman-****in'-Oklahoma at 4:00 AM in the ****in' morning. If we ever make the trek back out to San Antonio, Jordan, we're just going straight back to your place.

Infinity
Congratulations! My eyes couldn't believe the exponential strides you've made as a player in the handful of weeks from when I last saw you. You had **** near everyone's number at the tournament, and I'm anxious to get in some more snaps with a newly-minted super-pro like you once I get back into the 214.

Popertop
It's a lot easier for me to evaluate people's level of skill based not how well/how badly they do against me, but how they play other people. After I got away from our matches in pools, I could tell that you were definitely a fairly talented Wario main. Good stuff on nailing down second seed (even though it didn't matter in the end, lulz).

CY
We'll get that epic MM in soon, haha.

Magik
I didn't get to meet you at all, which is a shame, because I hear you are quite talented. I'm kind of shocked anyone would consider copying my play-style, though; I'm really quite overrated, and there are tons of better players out there that you could emulate. =)

Nike20
Hey, brother - Happy Birthday to you too! Welcome to quasi-adulthood, while I check into a nursing home. =(

PhoenixAlpha
Kid, when did you get to be so hilarious? =) I was just kidding about forgetting the friendlies we had at HOBO 11; I just think that friendlies from that long ago are irrelevant, especially considering how much more awesome of a Lucas player you are now. You gave me a really hard time in draft crew battles both times, as I never had a solid counter-pick prepared against you. **** this low tier ****! Thanks for helping make my birthday weekend memorable!

Ran Iji
Pleasure to finally meet you. Hopefully we'll actually get some snaps in once I get a definite trip to N.O. planned out here in the near future. I really enjoyed to company of LA, so I'm hoping to see more of you guys soon.

Dr. Mario Guy
Why the hell do I never get a chance to play the most legendary Wario player in the entire ****ing country? This is whack as **** as ****. I'm sorry you got jewed by an expired time limit in your final match against Señor Razer; who knows how the tournament would have turned out if that weren't the case?

The Jerm
Jesus H. Christ. I remember doing crew battles with you and your friends back in October, and you were nowhere near as good as you are now. The way I ***** you back then made me slack off on the Toon Link match-up, especially since I thought I had already seen everything I needed to see as far as he was concerned. You must have been training hella hard in this match-up since then, because I legitimately still have no idea what to do against Toon Links of your caliber or Santi's. I love it that both of you continually keep me on my toes as far as this match-up is concerned, and I'll make sure to be better prepared if I ever get a chance to see you again. Way to wreck this tournament. I'm really proud of how well you did!

Bad News Bear
Benny! It was awesome seeing one of the most affable Smashers I've ever met again, even if our interaction was disappointingly brief for the most part. Hopefully we can get some friendlies next time too.

Ultimate Razer
You really made me chuckle with the comments you were making throughout the tournament about how awesome of a player you heard I was, when I definitely should have been the one heaping praise onto you. You never fail to showcase an icy-calm lunacy during your matches, regardless of whether or not you're winning or losing. Being a 14-year-old makes this twice as admirable and approximately 20 times more frightening to me. I can't even visualize how stupidly good you're going to be here a year down the road.

Best Snake in the Southwest? You can bet your *** just that.

Melee1
Did you have a slight heart attack in your set against Cyphus? I know I did. =)

Foursaken
I **** all over myself whenever I saw how well you played against KOS-MOS in your set against him. I never seek out D3 videos online because I tend to think they are more on the boring side of things, but I was shocked at stretches in both your matches as to how consistently and convincingly you were dictating the tempo. I've always heard "things" about the Snake vs. D3 match-up, but seeing them put to full use is an entirely different (and great deal more entertaining) thing all together. Good stuff, Anthony!

Sudai
I would like to propose a Goggles Match, so I can return that relic to its rightful place in the Southwest.

Sethlon
I'm totally convinced that you are one of the friendliest, most brilliant players in the entire ****ing world. I'm sad once again to let another tournament go by without me taking advantage of possible friendlies to learn as much as I can from you. Sorry to hear about the Falco burnout, but hopefully he'll be back up to speed for CoT4. Get back to me on this, stat! Tomball Monthlies, here I come!

DallasPhat
Little big broski! I honestly don't know what the hell I would do without all the unconditional love I get from you and the rest of Dallas. Thanks for being conversational and supportive during out lunch break in Church's. You look like you've stepped your game up a lot too; I can't remember who you were playing, but you were wrecking the absolute **** out of some random Meta Knight in pools or brackets. It gave me Roy_R flashbacks, and I immediately thought to myself, "I hope I don't have to play Andy today. At all. Ever."

r0ni
You have a solid grasp on the fundamentals for having only played the game for a handful of weeks, brother. No doubt you'll grow to be just as competitive as the rest of your crew in no time. Thanks for lettin' me bum a smoke or two off you throughout the night, and just generally being cool and easygoing. That is seriously the type of **** I live for, more than anything else: cool people.

d4bA
I was torn trying to decide on who to root for in your set against Espy: on one hand, my dedicated Smash brotherhood to you was cheering you on, and I was at least comfortable with the match-ups of all the characters you used. In Espy's case, though, it just seemed like a cool and novel occurrence for a Sonic to actually make a dent in a really competitive setting like Final Smash 5. In the end, greed and pragmatism won out: I threw my weight behind you because I was still fearing the Sonic scare Mr. 3K induced in me back in November, and I wanted to make as far into the tournament as possible. =) Thanks for taking the time to share with me all of your valuable tips and advice sporadically throughout the day, as usual. All your matches were wonderfully entertaining to watch, and I'm glad that the both of us have the good sense to move forward with our games and level up with the knowledge we've extracted from our defeats.

Pierre
Hooooooooooly ****! How is it possible that Louisiana has been hiding so many great players for so long? This is ****ing bull****. Your tiebreaker set with Hylian for fourth seed made my heart sink a little bit, because I had trouble figuring out who I should root for beforehand. My support went to Jordan's column in the end, but I could think of 30 players who made it out of pools who simply did not deserve to make it that far as much as you did. Thus is the nature of playing in a retardedly hard pool, I suppose. Regardless, you made a lot of heads turn that night, so hopefully success will fall into your margin in the future, no matter how statistically "bad" your main is. =) Come play with me more!

El Paso!
You cats are too ****ing cool. Had a blast playing musical chairs with most of El Paso in draft crew battles at Hylian's house. Arturito Burrito for Draft Crews MVP! All you guys are way ridiculously talented for living out in the middle of Nowhere, South TX; traveling experience throughout the rest of the state will only serve to fine-tune all of your abilities. I'll be sure to give you guys a healthy amount of advance notice for OH SNAP! v5.0, especially if you guys are considering flying all the way out here for the event, and I will make sure you all are taken care of. Texas desperately needs to see more of you guys! You guys are like little brothers to me...I already miss all of you! =(

Bwett
Waddup, brother?! I was really happy to see you at Final Smash V after missing you constantly at the last couple of Smash-fests in Dallas. They are just not the same without the heart and soul of G-Krewwwww! I remember during the last match in your set against d4bA that you were down at least a stock and a half, and then I watched you demonstrate the calculated poise of a true pro as you mounted your near-comeback against Damien. I really don't get 90% of things you're able to accomplish as a Yoshi main. Low-tier match-ups really make my life inch closer to cardiac arrest, even if I'm just watching. Good ****, and way to rep hard, good sir.

Fogo
Hollaaaa! At this point in my competitive lifespan, I don't even know if I can envision partaking in another out-of-state experience without you in attendance. You always, always, always bring the party; a larger-than-life presence everyone always instantly notices when you walk in the door. Our first round of draft crew battles at Hylian's were hella fun, but it took on a whole different dimension of insanity with patented Fogo ****-talk commentary. =) I was eating that **** up all night long. You are too bad-*** for your own good, sometimes. And as always, thank you for another reliable, john-free, and infallibly honorable set with you in-tournament.

FOGOOOOOO MAGIIIIIIIIIIC!

UTD Zac
D0000000000d! I'm sorry about your controller issues during your bucket-braking attempt in our second match on the Japes. You probably would have had my number eventually, but Buddha just happened to decide that it was my time to move on in the tournament. =) Your G&W is getting trickier to deal with every time I play it, and I just about wanted to quit life in mine and KOS-MOS' team friendlies against yours and Hylian's double G&Ws. WHAT A ****ING STUPID TEAM! Congratulations on your insane level of proficiency in teams, and growing to be one of my favorite people out of a bustling Dallas scene.

Espy
Ohmigod. I suffer every evening from nightmares based on variations of you nearly three-stocking my *** on Final Destination. It's always a chore trying to describe to my therapist the 64 different shades of sadness and anguish I suffered in my experience against the country's best Sonic main. I've never been owned so hard on that stage since Brawl came out, much less to one of the game's supposedly worst characters. Definitely not the way I wanted to kick off the set. =) I gradually got a grasp on your play-style, but it was too late to implement anything really momentum-changing since you had stage position advantage by the third match. I'm actually happy you won the match, because this more or less rings in a series of sweeping and exciting changes that will be made to Brawl's meta-game. Thanks for opening my eyes to the viability of a potentially really cool character. The SBR salutes you!

Lee (The Good One)
People don't believe me or Hylian when we tell 'em that you probably hover somewhere around the Top 5 or Top 10 players in the country. Next time, I will promptly tell them to shut the **** up. Conversely, you have absolutely no right being as skilled or as talented as you are at this game. It makes me sad that no matter how much progress I make, there will be others like you who will always be a couple of steps ahead of me, outclassing and outpacing me in every conceivable way. I draw determination from this though, so thanks for giving me something to work toward. Keep it real, and hopefully you, me and the rest of you crew can go catch a few brewskis away from the game sometime soon.

Cyphus
Waddup, Mr. Pool Leader? You are, hands down, probably my favorite person I met the entire weekend. Your cool demeanor doesn't tell me much about your level of skill, but watching you play in-game definitely betrays a lot of your knowledge. My only complaint about you is that you occasionally seemed to demonstrate a lack of knowledge on certain match-ups, but then you vanquished even those quibbles in one fell swoop in your set against Melee1. That entire ordeal was positively nuclear, and you completely ***** Melee1's ICs, regardless of the fact that he narrowed it down to one stock. The speed at which you made adjustments mid-match were impressive, and even your ability to mostly contain certain aspects of the MK match-up were completely commendable. Please don't ever choke a set away like that again, especially after having checked down your opponent all the way to the last stock; you're way too ****ing good to be doing **** like that. Looking forward to putting our region on the map with Louisiana!

Santi
"So we let Dojo go -- DON'T LITTER!"

Holy ****. I laughed so ****ing hard. Those were the best, funniest, most honest and most heartfelt YouTube videos I've seen in forever.

Dude, I love you, little bro! Our set was fun, and I learned a ton more about the match-up, but I'm never able to derive any real pleasure at the possibility of having to force a loss into the margin of a good friend in-tournament. I'd rather beat the snot out of some random scrub or have my *** handed to me by legitimately good Sonic players than win out against people I really like in narrow victories. Despite how things played out, just know that I still look to you as one of Texas' finest, and that you are still a Toon Link that strikes fear into my heart. =) Beyond that, thanks for making traveling as ****ing far as I have to worthwhile. If people like you didn't bother being as cool as you are, how would any of this be worth it? I don't give two ****s about being one of the best players in our region if it means I have to endure douche-bags every time I go to a tournament. Also, quit being such a smooth operator; that's usually my title, and I can't let some 18-year-old surpass me, even if he is more or less Le THieN v2.0. =) You're going to be quite the heartbreaker, Santi-san. Holla back!

Dojo
Other little bro! No matter what happened this past weekend, everything I've been telling you for the last couple of weeks still stands. You are one of the most important power players in our region, and I really think you will go a long way towards putting us on the map and garnering us some much-deserved respect. **** WC, EC, and Midwest - the mutha****ing South is where it's at, and Clash of the Titans 4 is where we're going to debut ourselves on the national level and wreak some major havoc. Keep your head up, because I'm going to need you and the rest of the pivotal TX players to make this happen. Make sure your talent never outpaces the quality as a person. Your skill is impressive, but shooting the **** with genuinely likable people like you is what I thrive off of.

Pee Es: Remember when I you were fighting Melee1 on Yoshi's Island (Pipes)? I turned to Lee as you were administering your ***-beat to him mid-stock and said, "Holy ****in' ****, I'm never ever going to beat Dojo"; and then your dumb *** turned around to see who said that, and you lost a stock. LOL, you're so stupid. =) Definitely one of the funniest and most memorable moments of the tournament, for sure.

Hylian
The original broski! Hey, man, thanks for taking Oklahoma in under your roof on such short notice. I know that's a lot to ask of you, but I'm glad it all mostly worked out after it was all said and done. We ran into so many stupid kinks getting to the tournament (LOL at your expired tags and you getting pulled over; LOL at me getting three-stocked by Jane the Sensuous Voice on the TomTom GPS tricking me with left and right turn mind games), and I was nearly convinced we would never make it there on time. Luckily, it was mostly smooth sailing once we made it to the highway. I hope that heart attack you had in pools teaches you never to **** around ever again. Hylian not making it out of pools is something completely unheard of, and I don't know if I would have been able to move on with the rest of my life. =) This weekend just wasn't for your or me, I guess, but hopefully we'll be back up to speed by the time CoT4 rolls around next month.

A friendly reminder: I am 3-1 against you in the race to become the Best Crew Leader in the Southwest. =)

And never forget: the match-up ratio for Hylian vs. The Law is currently 0:100, and will never, ever shift in your favor. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I love eeeeeeeeeveryone!

Top Bottom