• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

Rajam

Smash Champion
Votecount 1 Day 1:

Lynch vote

[0] mUrDErBUSh
[0] Kary
[1] JTB Red Ryu
[2] TwilightSparkle Swiss, mUrDErBUSh
[0] Tyranitarphantom
[0] Boss
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Red Ryu
[2] Kreative Whiz Kids Anomandaris_Rake, Boss
[0] Orboknown
[0] Swiss
[0] Anomandaris_Rake

[8] Not voting:
Kary, JTB, TwilightSparkle, Tyranitarphantom, -Masquerain-, Inferno3044, Kreative Whiz Kids, Orboknown

Carbuncle

[1] mUrDErBUSh mUrDErBUSh
[0] Kary
[0] JTB
[0] TwilightSparkle
[0] Tyranitarphantom
[1] Boss Boss
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[1] Red Ryu Red Ryu
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Orboknown
[0] Swiss
[0] Anomandaris_Rake

[10] Not assigning:
Kary, JTB, TwilightSparkle, Tyranitarphantom, -Masquerain-, Inferno3044, Kreative Whiz Kids, Orboknown, Swiss, Anomandaris_Rake

Notes:
Currently V/LA: Kary, -Masquerain-

With 13 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch and to assign GFs!

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
he came in and analyzed one post and declared vinyl as scum.
then he got called on it
then he said it was part of his plan th get out of rvs.

so far he has:
come in and analyzed one post by ryu
got called on it by me
claimed it was part of a plan

he also sat on Ryu in BAM and , he viewed this thread for a good long time , and didnt even vote ryu, just like in BAM were he kept calling ryu scum but didnt vote on him.

so far he's hitting all the same markers as BAM.

including not voting ryu after his hydra sat viewing this thread. fool me once /etc the rest of that saying, kantrip goes first

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
So what is it that makes Masquerain scummy, TS? I hope you're not going of anything he said during the confirmation phase, before the game actually started.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
vote: KWK

@deathbear and tyranitar - who are each of you? I also don't see deathbear in the names of people playing.

Is reading anything before when D1 started worth reading? If so I'll read it.

:phone:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Working on this game throughout this afternoon.

Yeah that was kind of the plan.

@Boss: Ruy's question was just really useless is all. I'd expect him to either A. joke around, possibly posting images and the like or B. get serious (pfft haha)

Instead he chose C. pretend to get serious
Are any of those things scummy to you? I don't know if you are laying out the foundation of a scumread on him or just pointing out what you don't like. Please follow up on this.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Swiss, I offer you a conditionless Day 1 Zen lynch. We could have it. We have the technology.
What on earth would make you think I wanted that.

I await eagerly your response.
Swiss, I was making an indirect jab at Zen's last approach to playing with this hydra.

Also, posting to try subscription. Want to see if it is convienet or a waste of time.

I'm not entirely convinced by your answer Ryker. What did you gain from Swiss' response? Cite your Zen reference as well, it looks like a way to avoid continuing that line of questioning.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
wrt what changed, Kantrip posted in a way that reminded me of BAM, so i decided that i'd make my vote less than random and vote there.
But your vote on TS wasn't going to be random. You already stated:

not sure if mason or ballsy scum team.
meaning you were already forming some sort of read on him (or in the process of doing so).

What is your read on TS right now?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

alright zen , my reasoning was that i saw ryker do similar to what im pretty sure i remember from HxH, which is go for the thing which can swing the game. This was mainly dis serious, and was also a jab at ryker to see how he responded, in the past i've used rykers reactions to things to help my read on him and i saw no reason not to do the same here. I furthered this by adding on my amended rule number one of Ryker being the opposite alignment as me, this was a indirect way of telling ryker i've got my eye on him, and something that oddly enough hasn't been wrong yet

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
vote:rake
Doublevote:Rake
Daykill:whizkidz

^gunblade kill.
/still no role pm
shenanigens enough for ya?
My first vibe from Orbo comes from this. The whiz kid name drop is completely out of place as the hydra has not even posted yet and Orbo has "not" received his role pm yet. Then:

i hold off till i actually have a role to wifom with
Implying that you are not wifoming us now

nice job jtb.
Following this exchange, Orbo uses his next post to confirm and immediately drops the wifom to ask:

@ryker/swiss/JTB/Boss-how do you guys plan to handle the Guardian Forces in terms of assigning them per mass vote?
Good, he's moving on to brownie townie questions, but will he follow up on this?

First off, you hadn't confirmed. I was waiting for role pms to go out so that the responses would be biased, if only slightly, by knowledge of one's alignment. I wanted to see if ryker and kevmo reacted to this the same way that they did in the HxH buy phases wrt the rare cards. In terms of you, I wanted to see how you played this out.I think i mentioned you, ryker, boss, and someone else but i don't remember person 4
And here's his conclusion which I don't like at all.

The first thing to note is that he doesn't actually conclude anything at all, he only states what he was looking for. Did Ryker/KevinM react the same way in this game as they did in HxH? What did you get from Swiss' answer? And you seem to have forgotten that you asked me as well, what do you make of me not answering you?

Second thing is that you were looking for reactions from Ryker and KevinM, not Murderbush and Boss. You don't take into consideration that it could've been Tom posting (Ryker actually posted off-hydra, so you got lucky with that) at all, which is a pretty big deal since that throws another factor in getting a read from your original question.

Lastly, for the sake of the question, let's say both Ryker and KevinM had both posted off hydra and reacted the same way they did in HxH. What were you going to do with that information?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

him making a power move can certainly be taken as a null, if thats how you read it then i'm not going to stop you, i decided to use amended rule number one and what could be a null tell for the purposes above.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Break time, but a question for everyone wrt to Carbuncle:

Is assigning Carbuncle to someone the best idea? Why not let it get randomly assigned to someone and hope that scum shoots that person?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

But your vote on TS wasn't going to be random. You already stated:

meaning you were already forming some sort of read on him (or in the process of doing so).

What is your read on TS right now?
null derpy town

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

zen, you could have answered immediately how it helped you, but you chose to explore other paths. Or told your hydra partner how it helped you, instead you went off to never never land and explored other paths.

it literally probably took you 30 seconds to come up with that response , how is it if you were as interested as you want to appear , you never managed to answer me until right now ? I even asked you multiple times to do so.

You failed to. If you were half as interested in my response as you want to have people see you were , you would have answered immediately or within one of your other posts.

The only conclusion i was drawing from this is you had already made up your mind regardless of what i was going to post. So, i simply didn't answer you until you gave me a reason to, that which i had been asking for.

TwilightSparkle

BadWolf|Zen
@Razker
Murder said:
What do you even get from this? Where are you going? You had a semi valid line of questioning, but this doesn't DO anything.
It wasn't about the surface. I wanted to see if Rake would realize the fault in his logic and agree with me or if he would hold on to his reasoning despite the faults.

@Raketard:
Rake said:
What changed ?
Nothing. Joey is my strongest scum read, but why would I waste my vote on him while he is V/LA and is not going to produce any content.

@Tyranitar:
So what is it that makes Masquerain scummy, TS? I hope you're not going of anything he said during the confirmation phase, before the game actually started.
I am sorry to crush your hopes, but you are correct that I am basing it off pregame? Does this upset you? Is there some reason that you have taken interest in Masquerain? I am very interested.

@Why piling is good: Because it keeps scum from getting em. With them spread about, scum has a greater chance of obtaining them.
@Why it's good to put them on Swiss: Because the more involvement Swiss has, the better. Otherwise he is going to cruise through if he is scum. And be a useless domo **** if he is town.

JTB is on fire with his last couple of posts: Vote: Orbo

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
@Tyranitar: I am sorry to crush your hopes, but you are correct that I am basing it off pregame? Does this upset you? Is there some reason that you have taken interest in Masquerain? I am very interested.
I don't really have an opinion on him either way as of now. I just wondered what your reasoning was. I gotta say, basing an opinion on what someone says/does before the game even starts seems pretty pointless.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Inferno asking questions that can be easily answered by looking at the first post, duly noted

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
Are you a hydra or just someone I've never seen play before? If its the latter what's your mafia experience and who do you trust the most atm?

Nah, I'm just one guy. I've played plenty in the past, but this is my first non-newbie game on Smashboards.

Who do I trust so far? Nobody stands out at the moment

Top Bottom