• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Oh damn you never played FF8?
No, I've played it to death. Half of me hasn't played it though.

I'm going to say: Why did ryker feel the need to immediately make a move towards the GF's and then cite appended rule number one of : Whatever alignment I am, Ryker is the opposite until proven otherwise.
Because I want them.

Voting twighlightsparkle the moment the game starts
What happened to this? I assume it means you have a reason for the change.

Get out of my way.

twilight sparkle do you think i was being serious

rake HOW CONFIDENT are you that i am kevin

swiss u dont need to worry about the GFs their powers will be revealed when they spawn
What do you get out of knowing how confident he is in identifying your hydra?

we're town btw

its easy to read tom - is he active? hes town

im active, im town
gg no re
Bull**** you're Tom.

Do you believe that you be able to rely on that despite the fact that he is hydraing? Do you believe that you will reliably be able to differentiate between Kevin and Tom? It seems you have already failed in doing so. I don't see how you're going to read the slot based on gut reading one of the players if you aren't even able to differentiate the players.
What do you even get from this? Where are you going? You had a semi valid line of questioning, but this doesn't DO anything.

he hydra'd with ryker and i gut read him as scum there too, so yeah.
Yeah, read them as scum in a protown role.

More incoming, but I don't want to lose this.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
wrt what changed, Kantrip posted in a way that reminded me of BAM, so i decided that i'd make my vote less than random and vote there.

Boss

KevinM|Tom
Assign Carbuncle: Boss

its like the pirate king all over again

Vote: JTB
Assign Carbuncle: Red Ryu

Do I make the GF appear?
do you know what it does? i forget if youve said that

What do you get out of knowing how confident he is in identifying your hydra?

Bull**** you're Tom.
nothing, i was taunting him as he thought i was kevin but i was tom

yes, that was tom posting that. why do you think kevin would lie and say he was me? why would you even care? what do you get from that?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

i blame myself, i should have noticted that he hadn't said yolo / thug life gg homies and known it was the other head

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
So you believe you will accurately be able to differentiate Tom from Kevin this game despite being 55% sure that Kevin had been posting all this time. And despite the fact that you keep calling me Badwolf? Now that you know that Tom has been posting, how is it you will differentiate between the two? Specifics on what makes a Kevin post, and what makes a Tom post. After all you must know this, if you're only going to be reading the slot solely based on Kevin's posts.
Again, what do you gain from this?

RR no. Ryker redeem yourself by talking to Badwolf for me.

:phone:
I don't really want to.

he's very smart, sometimes he just gets tunnel vision
That's not the case here. This is just him being really ****ing annoying.

Yo Ryker can you read Swiss confidently?
More confidently than anyone else in the game. Kill him if he's alive on Day 5 and I'm not around.

Game hasn't started. You indy or town? You aint mafia, that's for sure. Hm I'll put you in sea green for now.
Why?

Good. Good!

Excellent. Very Excellent.

Do you agree then, that would be a benefit in giving them to Swiss?
Why would that be a benefit to stacking them on anyone?

Kantrip I don't see merit to not let certain players have GFs provided I trust them with it.

Aka Ryker never lays a finger on any sort of killing power.

:phone:
You can die. Someone give me a gun so I can shoot him.

Can we extend this to Swiss as well?
Why?

Why on Earth would I do that.
Rofl.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Ruy, don't summon the GF.

I have an ability called "Six Steel Pipes" or something similar. It gets reassigned if I don't use it. If two other abilities (6 Remedy+s and 6 somethings) get used then Doomtrain becomes available. I don't remember exactly which I have or if it's 6 or what the third item is, but google the item sidequest you have to do for Doomtrain and it's that.

Anyone who has a townread on Boss or Swiss at this stage is ********.

I would lynch Ruy and if he flips scum, then Rake. I would lynch Zenwulf and have no regrets.

Should get to talk with Raz this afternoon.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Well since you can't investigate yourself I'd say swiss, because it's swiss that or Boss, because kevins in it.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Good plan.

By the way, how do you feel about me blatantly ignoring your slot and just following my appended rule number one till about mid D2 ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

^ this could be subject to change though.

i might flip a coin and decide how long i'll follow it.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Yeah that was kind of the plan.

@Boss: Ruy's question was just really useless is all. I'd expect him to either A. joke around, possibly posting images and the like or B. get serious (pfft haha)

Instead he chose C. pretend to get serious
this isn't happening again.

You go first.

Boss

KevinM|Tom
Yo Ryker this is Kevin, you're wrong on that account and no offense but stop trying to figure it out. Me and Tom aren't going to *****foot things like other Hydra's anything that comes out of our slot comes from our slot doesn't matter who said it and we're not going to hide behind "I hadn't talked with the other person yet" ploys.

Ryker you didn't answer my question so I ask again this time without you being a stubborn ****head.

How well are you able to read Swiss?

If at any point in this game if Swiss pins you as mafia, or you pin him as mafia and manage to force a lynch I am putting out there that we the lynch the other one the next day without exception. Is this agreeable to you?

Still think we should give me and Tom the GF.. us being NK-proof Lynch-Proof sounds swaaggggg.

Swiss if you're going to continue to play anti-town I'm completely ok with you being a D1 lynch. Not going to sit here and try and out ego You/Ryker hydra but I'm perfectly ok with you guys going because I know how Ryker plays pretty well now and it's not particularly helpful to town when he feels the need to just try and make power plays on town with you trying to wrestle it from him.

Yo RR, I personally don't think you should make the GF appear until we have more solid townreads. In fact if you make it appear anytime before there is a town consensus you're going to be the lynch that day. I don't want you just listening to Swiss/Ryker/Our Slot I want their to be a legitimate 66% of the game agreeing with the decision. This clause is subject to change as we gather more clears the game situation molds itself into something that we can benefit having an extra GA from.

Orbo, sup bro I'm going to need you to make a reads list every 72 hours along with the reason you have people where they are. I don't want just an unexplained color wheel, I want legitimate reads, if you are unable to do this then I propose that we lynch you before you needlessly make it into a late-game scenario where you've been prone to make mistakes.

Swiss back to you really quick if you continue to ignore questions that I think could be relevant to helping town I will just make sure you get lynched sound good? Cool! Glad to be playing in a game with you again bro.

Rake, fine with you posting as much as you want if you want to just go ahead and give us the GF that'd be great. How confident are you in reading Swiss/Ryker.. you seem to be confident that you can read my slot based off of head/gut are there any other people that you can read in this game well?

What specifically do you think of Swiss currently? I want you to elaborate on how you feel and explain what you're thinking of his question dodging and general play in the confirmation phase.

Raziek part of Ryker head, sup bro? Ryker tends to talk about mafia games a lot I can vouch for this after being with him in two different games.. I expect you to be a huge help to being the more articulate half of the slot since Ryker will most likely spend a lot of D1-D2 trying to butt heads with anyone he perceives as a possible threat to his control (ie No Hetero vs Us in the Wall).

Vote Kantrip's Hydra

This will work for now.

Boss

KevinM|Tom
Point out misdirection.

I still do not buy that post as Tom. There's been some Tom, for sure, but not there.
Tom was every single post up until my parody on My Band btw..

More people should have commented on that.. it was amazing.

In fact you should KNOW that what I'm saying there is true because I WAS PLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDS WITH YOU AT THE TIME.

*coolshades.gif*

Also what's your angle on this line of questioning anyways? Seems rather pointless to figure out who's posting on a hydra especially with my admission in the last post. Feigning activity? Need something safe to talk about? What it be homie?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
How well are you able to read Swiss?
I answered you legitimately. Better than anyone else in this game. Ask him, I generally die before it matters with Swiss scum.

If at any point in this game if Swiss pins you as mafia, or you pin him as mafia and manage to force a lynch I am putting out there that we the lynch the other one the next day without exception. Is this agreeable to you?
Not if I'm right, otherwise, I'm perfectly fine with that.

Boss

KevinM|Tom
If you're able to read him that well what do you believe of his early play thus far?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Tom was every single post up until my parody on My Band btw..

More people should have commented on that.. it was amazing.

In fact you should KNOW that what I'm saying there is true because I WAS PLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDS WITH YOU AT THE TIME.

*coolshades.gif*

Also what's your angle on this line of questioning anyways? Seems rather pointless to figure out who's posting on a hydra especially with my admission in the last post. Feigning activity? Need something safe to talk about? What it be homie?
Like I check time stamps.

I'm not on that subject. I called bull**** on it when it was brought up by someone else, but I've been on the same thing, homie. I'm waiting on about three different lines I've dialed to get picked up on. What are you reading?

What's your take on Rake?

Boss

KevinM|Tom
Rake to me seems town just because I haven't ever seen Rake scum that I can remember offhand and he's already made almost 100 posts and 80 of them I think are terrible... seems about what I usually see for Rake town.

Boss

KevinM|Tom
Don't like his rule, haven't seen that before.

I've done that before as scum to get me a reason to hold a certain position on a slot without being able to be held accountable.. the question is do I think Rake has that same motive.. I'm not really getting that vibe yet.

Boss

KevinM|Tom
Anyways, I'm off to go get lunch.

Hope to see a lot of this stuff answered when I get back.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

1)Rake, fine with you posting as much as you want if you want to just go ahead and give us the GF that'd be great.

2) How confident are you in reading Swiss/Ryker.. you seem to be confident that you can read my slot based off of head/gut are there any other people that you can read in this game well?

3) What specifically do you think of Swiss currently? I want you to elaborate on how you feel and explain what you're thinking of his question dodging and general play in the confirmation phase.
1) Cool. Second part, not likely until i get a better read on you. Common sense says i should generally oppose players like you/ryker/swiss getting a unlynchable power and then proceeding to do **** all.

2) Swiss: not so confident, but scum is scum, if i think he's worth pursuing , i shall pursue him.

Ryker: Pretty semi confident seeing as I managed to figure him out on Utrik'd / The Wall / HxH. Same deal with him, if i want to pursue him i'm going to. Also, my arbitrary rule of assuming he's the opposite alignment as me hasn't failed yet. You could argue in Utrik'd i was wrong seeing as he got yak'd but i'm still gonna count it.

Second part: Pretty confident reading kantrip after BAM even if he wants to chalk up my indy read on him there as luck.

Pretty confident reading zenwulfsparkle pants due to playing scum with with both zen and wulf. And having played against them both(games like GS3 me scum vs Badwulf / Zen town), games like Swords newbie(me scum vs 2nd faction Badwulf scum), Js' newbie(me & badwulf scum vs townZen).

Also confident in reading Orbo after being in multiple games with him both against him (me scum vs him town, me indy vs him town) and hydraiing with him.

3) Swiss right now: nullish , don't see him dodging questions as anything worth needlessly antagonizing over yet. General play in confirmation phase felt distanced / uninterested. No idea how to explain it better. He already seems to have some idea of where he wants to go so i'll see what he does there.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

That must have been tom who posted out of Boss, because i had the same arbitrary rule in HxH lol.

that, or kevin forgot HxH already.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I slipped on gender.

My fault on that.
ok.
It's actually optimal and protown to pile them up on one person. It's just less derp fun.
how is that protown?
-Masquerain-

Red Ryu
JTB

Orboknown
mUrDErBUSh (Raziek / Ryker)

Inferno3044
Kreative Whiz Kids (Potassium / Sokr)

Tyranitarphantom
Boss (KevinM / Tom)
Anomandaris_Rake

Kary
Swiss
TwilightSparkle (BadWolf28738 / Ramen King)
why did this change so much in 7 minutes worth of time?
Lynch worthy.

Orb comment on this.
Rake being rake?
He did say pre-game he wanted to have a lot of wifom in RVS, but I can see him doing that as either alignment. why do you say this is lynch worthy?
^ first person to mention indy.

Must be a indy

GG
BAM logic?
Good. Good!

Excellent. Very Excellent.

Do you agree then, that would be a benefit in giving them to Swiss?
Why swiss of all people?
kantrip goes first
why.
I asked Orb (or Rake?) a question to which they failed to respond yesterday. Culprit should rectify this.
I already answered your question in my post later last night?
Orbo, sup bro I'm going to need you to make a reads list every 72 hours along with the reason you have people where they are. I don't want just an unexplained color wheel, I want legitimate reads, if you are unable to do this then I propose that we lynch you before you needlessly make it into a late-game scenario where you've been prone to make mistakes.
Fine. just don't expect one after today till monday

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Rake to me seems town just because I haven't ever seen Rake scum that I can remember offhand and he's already made almost 100 posts and 80 of them I think are terrible... seems about what I usually see for Rake town.
indy rake in u'trickd, scum rake in...whoever ran the jungle republic set-up newvbie?
Yes.

BAM logic
spell it out for me aye?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Before i do that:

@Boss How are you going to read me ? In utik'd i had kevin pretty much sold on my towniness and it took a slip on my claim for him to go for my lynch.

Top Bottom