• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
I assume that means you think Inferno is scum? You're not really committing to a hard stance either, and you're in no position to be talking about stalling the deadline.

Your first post may have acknowledged the shortened deadline, but you promised content and didn't follow up until now, very close to the deadline. Hell, I never addressed the shortened Day at first either, and J hasn't even been here. Are we both scum too?

Give me a hard stance, what is the scumteam and why?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm trusting in townBubbles due to several factors (his urgency toDay, his tracker claim, Ruy publically asking for his support in a boss lynch).

Which leaves J/Inferno/you. J has been on a roomban due to finals, so to damn him because he hasn't posted with the short deadline is a stretch. Nor do I remember much of what Ran or J has done this game at all. Forcing the slot as something other than null, then I would put them as scum.

Inferno will be the one I lay my vote on tonight if he avoids the thread until I go to sleep and I'm confident in him being scum with his actions toDay.

By PoE, that leaves you as town too.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
What bothers me from Inferno that he came into today without even acknowledging the short deadline. If we are to assume there are two scum left with Ruy, then all scum has to do is wait out the day in order to win and his play so far has matched that.

Inferno, you have until I go to bed to explain your last post. Rather than pointing out why J/Bubbles are town and KWK/me are scum, you instead appeal to Bubbles and J for their votes (which you haven't slapped down yet). Who are you going to vote and why?
Sorry man. I've been busy all day. Had finals, studying, holiday party etc. Right now I want to place my vote on KWK. There's been quite a few things that I don't like about him. I don't think he has really been scum hunting this whole time or been trying to do anything to help. All he's been doing is staying on MB's good side, giving setup speculation to try and miscredit people, and have brought up some comments about an indy recently. Take this post he made recently.

@Everyone: Read on J. Ignore Murder's opinion in your answer.

We need to sort this out before deadline which is approaching quite quickly.

I'm pretty sure the team is Inferno and JTB. Inferno probably has the deadline shortening thing since his ability seems to be a JoaT-type deal, and JTB's role centres around control over the GFs. My one concern is a J out of nowhere (and he could be aligned with either of them, or hell he could still be indy).

Bubbles, talk to me.
Let's start with the big idea of setup speculation italicized. He tries to frame me and state that it has been my doing that the deadline is shortened and how it apparently fits with my role. First of all the idea that he is using this to frame me is a stretch. Second, he's also wrong about how it relates to my role. I have NO abilities I can personally use. I teach them to other people and they use it. I have also been tracked/RB'd multiple times which proves I'm not lying.

Let's bring up the next idea. Why would he bring up the idea of an indy in this type of situation? If he was town, he would be concerned with finding the rest of the mafia team because that's our first priority. Well over bringing up the idea of an indy as an option. It really sounds like he knows a lot of things that he isn't sharing. I also came about another post from earlier.

I have been thinking about J being indy and laying out why in our QT, yes. If there's an indy after Inferno/KevinM are gone, it's either J or JTB.

JTB mainly because of controlling the GF mechanic, as you've said, but I feel like J indy actually has a lot going for it.
So here he once again tries to discredit people for roles alone and talking about some sort of indy. There has been nothing that implies that there is an indy. So why does he keep bringing it up? As I said before, I think it's because he knows something that he isn't telling. I also read on another thing in the same post.

Sure, my win-condition speculation is kind of silly, but I was just trying to show you there ARE possibilities because your qualm was "what is his win-condition then?" I think having Contact as a tool to manipulate a townie with 6 Malboro Tentacles makes sense assuming summoning Doomtrain gives them a considerable advantage. Give them one piece, give a townie one piece (with Contact to try to manipulate them to use it), and make one piece randomly jump around until someone uses it. Then have it so that when Doomtrain gets summoned you gain a Kill, or an additional ability of some kind.
Once again all he is doing is using speculation nonsense to try and make others look scummy and appear like he's trying to do something. If I recall correctly, nobody claimed to having used a contact ability and you said it's been pretty empty. I think that he made up that he was contacted and started with a contact to possibly try and manipulate that person to use 6 Marlboro Tentacles.

What is my win condition if I'm indy? A survivor one, right?
Also wanted to point this indy bull trying to talk about how he's no an indy. His play has been terrible and I think he's scum.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
tl;dr version: KWK has been using a lot of speculation to try and frame people in this setup and has this indy concern. He knows something that he's not saying.

Also I didn't shorten the deadline. Keep framing me harder.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
I honestly have no idea what you just said. Did you mean that leaves me as scum by PoE because otherwise absolutely none of that made sense....

I am going to ask to go to the washroom tomorrow during class and get on the school wifi on my phone and throw my vote down if it's needed. I still feel like the team is JTB and Inferno but I don't know what the **** JTB is doing right now and it's making me nervous.

I really hope people check in and get on board. Gnight.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
The ninja. Hold up.

Ugh I'm being kicked off the computer. Inferno I appreciate the effort and all, but if I was scum why wouldn't I just come in with an incriminating Track result on whomever I wanted lynched? And how about me getting 6 Steel Pipes twice and not using it? Not to mention what happened with Red Ryu. I had a horrid townread on him for the longest time and stuck my neck out so far. Why would I put my good standing in the thread at risk to defend a scummate who's ability is backup and who really is beyond saving? None of my intentions line up with scum, which is why Murder said I was indy if anything.

JTB and Inferno scum. Will lynch either of them and them bussing each other isn't about to sway me. As I said, I'll be here to throw my vote on before deadline tomorrow.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I honestly have no idea what you just said. Did you mean that leaves me as scum by PoE because otherwise absolutely none of that made sense....

I am going to ask to go to the washroom tomorrow during class and get on the school wifi on my phone and throw my vote down if it's needed. I still feel like the team is JTB and Inferno but I don't know what the **** JTB is doing right now and it's making me nervous.

I really hope people check in and get on board. Gnight.
Actually read it instead of asking to repeat. I said I think you're scum and I want to place my vote on you by the day's end. Also way to completely avoid everything I just said. Typical deflection.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Vote: Inferno

We have no time to talk about Ifirit. We need to decided the lynch now.

KWK being scum doesn't make much sense with his track result unless he was scum with you trying to make you look better, which is unlikely since he's been pushing you.

Deadline is approaching QUICKLY. We either lynch someone now or lose by majority toMorrow.

Vote: Inferno

Rajam

Smash Champion
Twilight Phase; Ifrit, Double Voter GF has been now randomly assigned to an unknown player (only the player receiving it knows)

Rajam

Smash Champion
Final Votecount Day 5:

Lynch vote

[0] J
[0] JTB
[1] Inferno3044 JTB
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Bubbles.

[4] Not voting:
J, Inferno3044, Kreative Whiz Kids, Bubbles.

Ifrit

[0] J
[0] JTB
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[1] Bubbles. Bubbles.

[4] Not assigning:
J, JTB, Inferno3044, Kreative Whiz Kids

Notes:
Currently V/LA:

No lynch has happened.

Night Phase 5 begins!

• Deadline for this Night Phase 5: [glow]Thursday Dec 13th, 1:30 PM AST[/glow]
  • If you have a Night action you don't want to use, let me know so I'm not waiting for nothing. The faster you guys send your actions, the faster Day Phase 6 will start.
  • Don't post in here while it's Night Phase!

Rajam

Smash Champion
Rinoa Heartilly is a female protagonist and playable character from Final Fantasy VIII. She is best known for her trademark angel wings printed on the back of her duster sweater and, as such, her "character symbol" is a white feather that signifies the wings. She serves as Squall Leonhart's love interest and awakens as a sorceress halfway through the game.

Bubbles.
( Rinoa Heartilly, Town Tracker ) has been killed!

Fujin is a character from Final Fantasy VIII, and a member of Balamb Garden's Disciplinary Committee, alongside Raijin and Seifer Almasy. She has silver hair, an eye patch covering her left eye, and uses a chakram in battle. Fujin's most distinguishable trait is her manner of speech. Fujin speaks in one-word sentences, usually shown in all-capitals in the text boxes (e.g. "RAGE!" or "LIAR!"), though later in the game she is seen to speak more prominently, even speaking a full sentence at one point.

Inferno3044
( Fujin, Rebel Teacher ) has been end-gamed!

Seifer Almasy is a temporary playable character and one of the main antagonists in Final Fantasy VIII. He is the rival of the main character Squall Leonhart and is the mirror image of him in many ways. He wields a gunblade, a weapon original to the Final Fantasy franchise.

J
( Seifer Almasy, Rebel Hero ) has been end-gamed!

Ultimecia is the primary antagonist and the final boss of Final Fantasy VIII. A powerful sorceress from a future many generations ahead of the game's time, Ultimecia intends to compress time into one single moment with a form of magic known as Time Compression. She uses a device called Junction Machine Ellone as a means to send her consciousness into the distant past. In the past era, Ultimecia manipulates world events, and utilizes her ability to possess other sorceresses. In her final confrontation with Squall Leonhart, she attempts to absorb all that ever had and ever would exist, including all time and space, in order to become "a living god.

JTB
( Ultimecia, Mafia Time Flow Controller ) survives!

Sorceress Adel is a minor antagonist in Final Fantasy VIII. She is a sorceress who was once the ruler of Esthar for an unknown period of time. Though Adel is always referred to as a "she" her physical form is masculine with a muscular frame with thick shoulders. Adel is also at least four times the size of the average person.

Kreative Whiz Kids
( Adel, Mafia Absorbent Contact ) survives!

~ Mafia Wins!! ~

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Sad game. Who killed me? I was ready to lynch Inferno or Red Ryu when I got in here.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
wow. Actually wondered about Squall being a seifer safeclaim but :shrug: Sorry for disappearing at deadline last day guys

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
maybe i'm reading this wrong but with ifrit being randomly assigned, the rebels lost to a coinflip?

was halfway following this having been replaced out before i'd time to confirm (i was v/la)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I do, I regret the fact that people listen to you.

I'm really quite sick of it.

No hate on you as a person btw you know I love you boo

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Eh, do you regret the fact that any of the deaths occurred that weren't your's? The only time you stepped up was to pull the lynch away from the scum I wanted and onto a townie.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't regret Swiss or Zen's lynch. I don't regret Kevin getting lynched because I understand why it happened and don't see myself avoiding it. I regret Joey dying before Ruy in a sense because it happened because I was lazy, but I was shooting him that night anyway.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I regret the fact that I pinned three of the scum people didn't listen because I was scummy because I refuse to sheep you, you fought me tooth and nail on every single GF because YOU NEED THEM ALL BECAUSE RYKER NEEDS TO CONTINUOUSLY PUSH THE INCORRECT LYNCH AND THEN SAY HE DOESN'T CARE HOHOHOH

Yes I'm salty, yes deal with.

No you can't turn this around on me, I'm sick of people sheeping you, what are you going to say that yeah my lynch was inevitable and you couldn't turn it around when ****ING THREE SCUM WERE ON IT.

In my dying post I tell you exactly who to lynch and instead town no lynches.

What would you like me to say?

Great job Ryker yeah I shouldn't be upset that you once again manage to be a major proponent in a lost game for town and then come in the thread like you don't care and it wasn't on you.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
"When I flip please lynch

Inferno
Murder
JTB

In that order

If Inferno flips scum

Switch the order

Inferno
JTB
Murderbush

Simple as that, should give town the game. "

Also the fact that I wanted to lynch Kwk the day that I died.

So much salt

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't regret Swiss or Zen's lynch. I don't regret Kevin getting lynched because I understand why it happened and don't see myself avoiding it. I regret Joey dying before Ruy in a sense because it happened because I was lazy, but I was shooting him that night anyway.
[4] Boss: J, mUrDErBUSh, JTB, Bubbles.

You understand why it happened?

Because scum realized I had pinned all of them and instead of trying to help me out and win a game for town you went inactive, did some huge analysis that was completely wrong and then lynched me to end game.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I regret the fact that I pinned three of the scum people didn't listen because I was scummy because I refuse to sheep you, you fought me tooth and nail on every single GF because YOU NEED THEM ALL BECAUSE RYKER NEEDS TO CONTINUOUSLY PUSH THE INCORRECT LYNCH AND THEN SAY HE DOESN'T CARE HOHOHOH

Yes I'm salty, yes deal with.

No you can't turn this around on me, I'm sick of people sheeping you, what are you going to say that yeah my lynch was inevitable and you couldn't turn it around when ****ING THREE SCUM WERE ON IT.

In my dying post I tell you exactly who to lynch and instead town no lynches.

What would you like me to say?

Great job Ryker yeah I shouldn't be upset that you once again manage to be a major proponent in a lost game for town and then come in the thread like you don't care and it wasn't on you.
100% this, scum MVP: Murderbush

People need to grow a spine, Swiss and Joey lynches were completely ********.

That said Ryker is still a bro but this is almost a complete replica if League of legends mafia.

:phone:

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
TBh don't [completely] blame MB as I scumread kev and swiss independantly of Ryker, and helped push them to a degree. Also wasn't here to get a vote down at the end of the last dayphase and then vinyl didn't throw a vote down on his biggest scumread[smh but thanks for letting me hydra back into the game vinyl]
~orbo

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well, we figured out by the end that there were two teams, but too late.

People who keep getting mad about Ryker should stop letting themselves get lynched, real talk.

It was our game to lose, but Zen lynched himself, Swiss didn't exactly play out of his own lynch, Joey gave up and Kevin posted like TWICE on the day he was going to get lynched. Both were readlists with little substance. No significant effort was made to avoid his own lynch.

We take full credit for ****ing things up in our direction, but people need to start stopping us when we're wrong.

We had told J to body-guard us so we could lynch Inferno but we see how that turned out of course. Kudos to J for legitimately fooling me, I was certain he was Town after talking to him in the QT.

By the time we had things figured out we didn't have enough gas left in the tank, but it's a miracle we got that far to begin with.

More thoughts later, gotta run!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
No I stopped posting because it became inevitable that it was once again the Ryker/Ryker Hydra runs the show and if you disagree you're scum and scum can just paint the fact that you're disagreeing with Ryker as scummy and get free lynches off of it.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I have some thoughts that I'll present tomorrow evening.

For now I just want to say this was not LoL 2.0, and town did not tear itself apart. Also don't hate on Murder, we appealed to them and there was nothing wrong with their thought processes, just their conclusions.

Maybe people will disagree, but I feel like the win was well-deserved. It was a fun game. :)

@Rake: It's great that you can say that having not been in the game, but if you were it would've been different. You have to play to who is in the game.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
KWK, you were obvi scum this game though. Ryker/Raz were coming for you next after Inferno. But I had you pegged as the indy because I never expected another duo mafia. I also don't get how your side won when we got the Double-Vote GF, besides your NK.

5 scum really threw things through a loop. Oh wells, had fun replacing in though. Even though I didn't do much and just really QT'd Raz/Ryker to catch up with them since I hadn't talked to either of them in a while but yeah.

Poor Bubbles stuck in that LyLo situation. Best townie by far imo.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I also don't get how your side won when we got the Double-Vote GF, besides your NK.
could be you're endgamed because you'd lynch to 2v1, Nk to 1v1 and then you no longer have ifrit and so are endgamed. but that depends on night actions and things.
ehh i'm just curious.

Poor Bubbles stuck in that LyLo situation. Best townie by far imo.
+1

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I would have stopped Ryker/Raz if I was town :smirk:

Like hell you would. No one in that cast was stopping us after N1. No one on DGames was stopping us after N1. The only prayer you had of being heard at that point was to convince us we were wrong.

Kevin, you act like I said I don't care. That implies I'm not going to learn from it. I said I don't regret it and I stand by that. I made the best decisions I feel I could have made with the information at hand. The only regret I have is that I didn't push to lynch Ruy before Joey and control EVERY lynch in the game because I was being lazy that week. I can regret nothing and still care about the results.

Your lynch wasn't inevitable, you had a piece that I didn't. Your flip. I understand why you were lynched and it was PoE based on the motivation for following through on that lock down and there being no kill. It took your flip to make me start looking for things that I thought were absolutely outrageous (read: two mafias). It's your job to come up with the answer and then sell me. Easy? No. Inevitable death? Also no.

For people complaining, you can suck my ****. If given a chance to call all the shots in the game, then of course I'm gonna ****ing take it. I've got more confidence in Ryker's reads than in anyone else's on this site. If you're seriously telling me to not play to my reads then you're going to have to peddle your wares elsewhere and if you see a game where I have a lockdown on the way the game is going to be played, then your best shot is to not ***** about it, but rather explain to me WHY you believe I'm wrong or why your idea is better. In a situation like that, pointing at something and saying "Just do it" like some kind of Nike spokesperson isn't going to sell any Air Jordans. I'll look into it, but I won't necessarily find anything and I will have probably looked already because if I have the game on lock, it means I care enough to be completely up to date.

I'll own up that I was wrong on this game. I'll look at what happened next time to make a better decision, but the next time I'm still going to make the decision rather than backing off and going, "Nah Kev, I'll just do it your way."

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Also for the record, +1 that Bubbles. was the best Townie by far.

Had the Town read on Orbo within the first 5 ****ing posts he made. Held it the whole game.

Good ****, but claim less derpily next time.

Edit: On that note, what the actual **** was your play this game, Rake?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I would have brought up the premise if Joey's lynch being wrong and not lining up with scum intent if I was town, his claim. Red Harrings are a **** move set-up wise and I hate them but I know mods use them something's so I look at play.

In a BBR game Raz counter claim my cop claim when we were both cops and I looked at his play over set-up analysis to see if he was town or not.

Joey didn't get that same luxury, he played town ever at his claim.

Should he have talked more? Yeah, but the immoral premise was flawed.

Top Bottom