• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
From what I recall, KevinM pushed RR a lot this game as scum. I haven't re-read the game yet with the RR flip in mind, but at this point I think it's unlikely he's scum with him. I'll get a full read going on tomorrow

btw I can't switch out gfs anymore, I was just a 2 shot and I think I mentioned that before, i dont remember

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
From what I remember of Kev's "pushing" of RR, there is nothing stopping him from being scum. I'm going to look back at some point and see how that went down but Kev never pushed him hard enough to actually get him lynched so the validity of it goes completely down the drain for me.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
JTB, please.

Kevin's been bussing mates since Day 1 ever since I started playing here and it has never stopped. For example, in HxH, he was pushing a lynch on our third scummate from his first post until he died.
How do you know that its not him being right on a scum read? Also knowing that we can't switch out GFs anymore

Assign Brothers: J

:phone:

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
That was Raz. This is Ryker.

I just went through from somewhere in Day 2 to current and have found no faults with a Kevin/Inferno scum team. I put on my tinfoil cap and went through all my possible scum team scenarios and nothing adds up as well.

After that, if there's an indy. It's probably JTB, but shout-outs to KWK as my second choice.

Assign Bubbles Brothers, imo. After we assign it, then I'm good to go. Anyone else got problems?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Can you give me a single Pro-Town reason Kevin would come into this day phase with a vote on us? (And then say nothing else at all this entire phase, I might add)

Go on, I'll wait.
Yeah...I've actually been waiting for him to elaborate on that. Perhaps I should explain what I meant. To me it just sounded like you are just trying to take away credit of him actually finding scum. I don't like his vote on you and I want to hear why he thinks you're scum. Im actually quite curious

Brothers should be assigned to J. He's too much of a blank and having him in a QT answering questions will help us.

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
tbh if i get brothers, I'd probs use it on J. earlier in the game maybe MB, but idk if i'd get more from that to a J qt at this point in the game.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'll be posting when I get home. Weekends are usually hang out days do I am busy a lot of the times.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
To me it just sounded like you are just trying to take away credit of him actually finding scum.
I am trying to take away the credit because I believe it's undeserved. He can "get credit" for giving me the best damn blow job I've ever had, but that doesn't mean that he actually did it. His Ruy push never amounted to anything and he has kept KWK ahead of him consistently as well as putting Swiss and Joey over him on his **** list, so he should get no credit for it.

I mean, it's hard to be "actually finding scum" when you know the scum team from Day 1.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Someone hammer brothers and then some people give suggestions as to who I should use it on. I don't think the day is really going anywhere because we all agree on the lynch candidate toDay.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
assign brothers j

Work schedule was completely changed from when i last posted, so i haven't had much time to read

Rajam

Smash Champion
Votecount 2 Day 4:

Lynch vote

[1] mUrDErBUSh Boss
[0] J
[0] JTB
[0] Boss
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Bubbles.

[6] Not voting:
mUrDErBUSh, J, JTB, Inferno3044, Kreative Whiz Kids, Bubbles.

Brothers

[0] mUrDErBUSh
[4] J J, Bubbles., Inferno3044, JTB
[1] JTB mUrDErBUSh
[0] Boss
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Bubbles.

[2] Not assigning:
Boss, Kreative Whiz Kids

Notes:
Currently V/LA: Boss

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch and to assign GFs!

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
If we're going on qt to get reads, use it on inferno/jtb.
I'd be down to qt with J but dunno how much use it'll be.quad topicing through kwk would combine most of our town-reads into one collective fulcruming on kwk.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
JTB- No read possible scum/indy
Inferno- Scum
Murderbush- Scum or really dumb town can't tell
KevinM- Townskiebros
Bubbles- Townskiesbro
Kwk- Lynch dis bro
J- Null

Sup read list.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
There is literally nothing going on in here...

I'm most likely going to QT, Inferno since he is everyone's #2 scum-pick and getting a better read on him would be easy enough.

Is everyone comfortable with ending the day with a KevinM lynch? Or do people have other things to say?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
When I flip please lynch

Inferno
Murder
JTB

In that order

If Inferno flips scum

Switch the order

Inferno
JTB
Murderbush

Simple as that, should give town the game.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
JTB- No read possible scum/indy
Inferno- Scum
Murderbush- Scum or really dumb town can't tell
KevinM- Townskiebros
Bubbles- Townskiesbro
Kwk- Lynch dis bro
J- Null

Sup read list.
There is literally nothing going on in here...

I'm most likely going to QT, Inferno since he is everyone's #2 scum-pick and getting a better read on him would be easy enough.

Is everyone comfortable with ending the day with a KevinM lynch? Or do people have other things to say?
I would very much prefer if you contacted myself or Bubbles. If you contact me, I'll talk to you through the night phase and arm you with knowledge, but I'd rather you contact Bubbles, honestly, because I can do that through the thread. Contacting scum only allows you an arena to be manipulated and anyone you don't have a solid town read on you can give absolutely nothing through a QT. Contacting Bubbles will allow you to reaffirm your reads through the rest of the game and work in concert in the thread. I am much less concerned with you using it to garner reads at the stage where we have four Days, seven flips, a mass claim, and forty-five pages of posts and more concerned with the two of you making sure that the other is not choking.

On that subject, I'm going to go through information that I want both of you to copy into notepad and save. I'm going to summarize the observations and conclusions that Raz and I went through in our read and our working on the night phase as well as paraphrasing our QT with KWK.

Unvote because I don't remember if we voted already and I want to make sure that I can finish this post. For the record, I'm voting Kevin tonight, so ask any questions you have before then.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
DISCLAIMER: A lot of these next posts are going to contain observations of events. The sentences in which I list them could be taken out of context to incriminate someone as one of our suspects. I will be going out of my way to clarify things that I do not blame people for if I need to list it. If they are not listed as a possible scum in my reads list at the end of all this, then I do not want them gone. If I do not list them as a possible X alignment, then I do not suspect them of being that alignment and I probably have a posted reason as to why they are probably not of that alignment. It is as simple as that.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Midway through a post, but remembered to ask something. The ability to bring out a GF based on someone's role was JTB's, wasn't it? I don't remember and I am only calling it JTB's because it makes sense with his GF stuff. It may not be. I only remembered it existed this weekend when Raz reminded me.

Also, what is JTB's role name? I don't care, I just don't want to call it GF Thingy any more than I have to.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
I got a pm from Rajam saying I have brothers. I just have to pick who to use it on.
You can use it on us for much the same reasons you would use it on Bubbles if you want, but I think Bubbles will live longer. I can save indy analysis for a QT if you would prefer to use it tomorrow without all the cards on the table at once. I think that's about the only thing left that we actually benefit from looking at what's going on in the thread currently aside from night action results. Everything else is just making sure we figure out who dies in what order from the pool of lynchees. We want to end the mafia as soon as possible, I think.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Okay, first up is what we drew from the night actions last night. I said it was a beautiful beforehand, and that still sticks. However, I haven't seen anyone but us talking about it in thread with a side of KWK in QT (so I don't care about him for not posting about it here). This will include a bit of KWK-Murderbush QT explanation because it's relevant and it's easy to get lost in this, so ask me questions if you don't get it. It took me hammering this out with Raz for hours before I got it down right.

SO, originally the following 9 players and abilities were left alive. I removed the alignment from those I am unsure on. Listed are their claimed abilities except for RR who claimed to have backed up no one, but I do not trust on that claim. I also ignored Doomtrain summoning abilities.

Murderbush - Town Rolecop (1 Bahamut Vig)
Joey - Town Miller Vote Manipulator (Never used, doesn't matter)
Bubbles - Town Tracker (1 Leviathan Track)
J - Town Hero Variant (1 Immune To Night Actions 1 Bodyguard)

Red Ruy - Mafia Universal Back-Up (Abilities Unknown)
KevinM - Mafia Roleblocker (1 Shot)
Inferno - Mafia Teacher (1 Stun Teach Ability left, but unable to use it)

KWK - Adaptive Townie (1 Shot 1 Track)
JTB - GF Thing (No abilities remaining)

NOTE: The "Shot" ability is a roleblock.

Now, I thought we had scum nailed to the ground in Joey and Ruy, but it turns out we were wrong on Joey. I'm not going to go into analyzing his wagon until my next post, but I THOUGHT we only needed to figure out who was mafia between Inferno and Kevin and then nail any indies if the game didn't end. However, Joey was the one lynched instead of Ruy and that still left us in a powerful position, but not in one of total lockdown like I thought we were going to have. There were exploitable gaps, but they weren't exploited, so here's what did happen.

Key roles here are:

Murderbush - Town Rolecop (1 Bahamut Vig)
Bubbles - Town Tracker (1 Leviathan Track)
J - Town Hero Variant (1 Immune To Night Actions 1 Bodyguard)

Red Ruy - Mafia Universal Back-Up (Abilities Unknown)
KevinM - Mafia Roleblocker (1 Shot)
Inferno - Mafia Teacher (1 Stun Teach Ability left, but unable to use it)

KWK - Adaptive Townie (1 Shot 1 Track)

The important results based on NAR as far as I know are listed below. A line break indicates a gap in priority. Lack of a line break means they have the same priority.

KWK Shot Red Ruy

Bubbles Track KWK
KWK Track KevinM

Murderbush Vig Red Ruy

Now, the results of the night are as follows.

• Red Ruy flips scum.
  • Bubbles sees KWK visit both Kevin and Ruy.
  • KWK sees Kevin visit Red Ruy.

There is no night kill other than the one we can trace back to us and leading to Ruy's death. Therefore, something happened to the mafia death. The only things that could prevent a further death that night are

• Two kills being stacked on Ruy.
  • The roleblock on Ruy stopping him from preforming the kill.
  • J lying and having activated his ability and stopped a kill.
  • Someone else having a bulletproof role that has not been claimed soaking up a night kill.

I sincerely doubt that two kills were stacked on Ruy. It would mean a second mafia and it would mean that said second mafia was aiming to off a man who already had a death sentence.

J lying would be awkward as well. It would mean that J is scum of some sort and ANOTHER scum of a different sort chose to target J. Why would they target J, who was mislynchable, when they are running out of possible mislynch targets quickly and there are players like us and Bubbles who are about to bring to bear powerful abilities.

Someone else having a BP is something I considered. It's probably the most likely scenario of these three and I just find it highly unlikely as well. It would again mean that someone shot outside of Bubbles/Myself and into a BP.

That leaves the most likely scenario of Ruy being role blocked. We shot Ruy and he flipped scum. I believe this to be the case and if someone thinks I'm wrong I would love to see why.

That's it for my analysis of WHAT happened, next you need to see WHY it happened (I'm breaking it up so much because I only have so much time before I need to meet with a teacher and don't want to lose the work).

Top Bottom