• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Assign Brothers: J

Been busy but at the moment I am on D2 in my read-through. I would really like the get the QT thingy because I need someone to talk through this game with to help me become more involved and also I feel it would help me read someone like Boss/Murderbush who I am feeling has 1 scummer in between the two. Plus the Brother's QT may help someone be able to read me as well.

If people had a specific person in mind who wanted to open the QT with me, I would be happy to oblige if others felt more strongly on someone that isn't one of Murder/Boss. I feel if I were to get the time to talk with either of them one on one, I may be able to help decipher this.

Till then until I get more caught-up, my only super-duper obv-town read is Bubbles.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Go ahead, but I would still like KWK to answer in his own words to confirm what you do or do not say if that makes sense.

mUrDErBUSh
J
JTB
Boss (KevinM)
Inferno3044
Kreative Whiz Kids
Bubbles

This is the full alive player list from the front page at the current time and with a scum-flip finally I can start trying to draw connections to RR. If Murder was the one who shot RR, I don't see how he can be scum unless there is an indy which I kind of doubt in a small set-up but still a possibility, I guess?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If I take out myself and Bubbles, here is who I am looking at for scumreads/connections.

mUrDErBUSh
JTB
Boss (KevinM)
Inferno3044
Kreative Whiz Kids

With only 1 NK last night and that apparantly being from Murder on his shot onto RR, I don't see how he can really be mafia specifically so I am going to take him out for now and put him on the back burner which means the person I am probably looking at toDay is Boss.

JTB
KevinM
Inferno
KWK

So if I am assuming correctly with a 3 man scum-team, two of the people in this category leaves the remaining scum. I really like having this 50% chance of being correct and when deciding on a lynch we have a 25% success rate regardless if the clears of Bubbles/Murder are true (in my mind).

Murder, since you are here, which of these four do you feel is the remainder of the scum-team?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
We discussed with Kantrip last night what to do with the night actions. I don't know if I can directly quote the QT, so I'll paraphrase:

We reasoned that based on Kevin's play as scum with Ryker in HxH, that Kevin would not send in both the kill and the roleblock.

Following that logic, we considered that Theoretical scumferno would be unlikely to send in the night kill, because we had already directed KWK's roleblock AT Inferno in the thread.

Following this logic, we asked KWK to block the one most likely to be pulling the trigger, RR. That is why I believe we only had our kill go through.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
I need to talk to Ryker about what he thinks, but we had taken JTB out of our scumpool based solely on his abilities.

Bringing back Bahamut puts scum in a horrible position, and he very easily could have just claimed a 1-2 shot limitation on what he could do.

I'm leaning very hard towards Kevin, given what we've seen of the setup. I'm not sure on Inferno yet. KWK is Indy at worst, but I'm personally leaning Town.

Even if he is Indy, he has to co-operate to stay in the game at this point.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
That actually makes a lot of sense as to why there is only one NK. So you believe the scum-team is RR/KevinM/Inferno? I haven't read too much into Inferno and am probably gonna start re-reading from D1 again with this new info in mind so if that is who you feel is the scum-team, can you talk to me about JTB?

Oh, I am assuming you have KWK as town because of his NAs last night and the way you are talking about your info being 100% and the conversation in your QT?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
RR/KevinM/ (Inferno/J) is my personal pool.

I'm not certain on Indy. If there IS one, it has to be KWK, and we've yet to see the source of contact arise yet. I had a QT ability as Indy in FFTactics, and KWK's ability to gain abilities that get used on him is about as Indy as anything in this game.

I'm not concerned with Indy hunting right now, he's just there as a "if the game isn't over, then".

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
KWK's ability to gain abilities that get used on him is about as Indy as anything in this game.
I have to continue reading the game because this just sounds....weird. I have never heard of a role like that but it seems there are a lot of wonky roles in this game so I may just be looking at this with the wrong set of eyes.

And that's fair on your KWKindy read.

Final question before I head out to the car repair shop: Has my slot claimed yet? If not, I will be sure to get it on the table when I get home/available to.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Haha it's actually the only thing I remember from my role pm since it's one of the Final Fantasy characters I know.

Leon Squal Lionheart. The guy with the gunblade from Kingdom Hearts

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Just checked and it's apparantly called Town Hero.

And wow I messed up that name but hopefully you know what I mean haha. Gotta go now.

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
Kevim read will be good for now, any majot points or posts that affected that read so I can see them as I reread but that's it for the moment. May be quoting and pulling stuff out on certain people along the way.

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
I already noted the ****ty first post, and I already disliked him during the day. He's one of the main focuses of my read, along with J/kwk/inferno

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
tom mentioned he's active as town, inactive more so as scum. Temp-roomban form virg notwithstanding, is this true and accurate of him in this game MB?(Ryker's played long enough to have tom meta. Maybe J too.)

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
TS or Rake confirmed as Indy..
Both of these flipped town btw, no reason to see why he would have specified indy not mafia
I am literally 100% against giving Swiss a GF and I'm being serious.
But Late D2 he was trying to give swiss carbuncle. potentially unlynchable-ing him.
Red Ryu is mildly dissatisfying. Just look at his #181. Classic scumdog Ruy.

Eh, I'll probably let Sokr do most of this. Just a heads up.
Calling ruy scum correctly that early...eh, seems mildly off to me.
Don't care about the second half.. what's so bad about his 181? You didn't let us know what it is about it that's classic scumdog. Work with us here.
defending ruy here.

Yo RR, I personally don't think you should make the GF appear until we have more solid townreads. In fact if you make it appear anytime before there is a town consensus you're going to be the lynch that day. I don't want you just listening to Swiss/Ryker/Our Slot I want their to be a legitimate 66% of the game agreeing with the decision. This clause is subject to change as we gather more clears the game situation molds itself into something that we can benefit having an extra GA from.
He noticably failed to do this when ryu summoned diablos.
Forgot about this.

Boss is leaning town, I like the posts back to me on the GF stuff and in the same post I think Tom made that inquired on a larger scale. That and it's better than most of the other posts so far.

Swiss is null, can't say it's either alignment, he needs to push himself up and above for a town read, town Swiss can do that. Like Harry Potter/Halloween or shining force mafia where he pushed scum Ryker and Deitz, their he went far and above when he did. It's still hard overall, I didn't read indy in Gova's game nor scum in Tekken mafia. Probably will need multiple days and some flips to figure this one out.
Boss town lean questionable. Ryker was the friggin town cop in sf2 wtf.
bbl.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Boss can you go deeper into why MB is scum?

J, I'm assuming that N2 you received bodyguard from me. Can you confirm this for me?

Would anyone mind me having Brothers and using it on J? I think its a smart move in order for me to get reads on J and determine if he's scum or not.

:phone:

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Track Results:

KWK visited Red Ryu and Boss N3.

Murder, I'm not liking you even more.
Confirm this result and that Bubbles Tracked us.

Assign Cactuar: KevinM

Vote MurderBush

Sup fellas.
Nope.

Quick-hit question:

KWK, what caused you to go against the NAs and visit RR?
As Murder said, discussion in our QT. I asked if I was sticking to blocking Inferno and we reasoned out that roleblocking RR would make more sense. Even though I Tracked KevinM visiting Ryu that didn't mean he was necessarily roleblocking him. We knew Kev wouldn't send in the kill, Inferno wouldn't send in the kill, so Ryu was the obvious choice.

On that note, I feel like a ****** for sticking to my ****ty townread on him so long.

He's scum.

Has to be. Like, both by PoE and by play. Look at his first post toDay.

I'll pull up more stuff later.
Yes.

Boss can you go deeper into why MB is scum?

J, I'm assuming that N2 you received bodyguard from me. Can you confirm this for me?

Would anyone mind me having Brothers and using it on J? I think its a smart move in order for me to get reads on J and determine if he's scum or not.

:phone:
It's a bit late to be doing this. That would involve another Day and Night phase going by, and it's really late in the game. At the same time, I don't see a better use for it.

Inferno and J aren't both scum. I think one of them is, though.

KevinM is getting lynched toDay. I can make a case on him or you can all realize how scummy he is without one, but he is the play and he is mafia.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Any particular reason why JTB for both of those?

I'd like Cactuar for the making my Track go first and potentially protecting me/deterring people from messing with me. Brothers I don't really care so any reason for someone to have it is enough for me.

Assign Cactuar: Kreative Whiz Kids

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Because (raz reasoning) unless JTB claims a restriction on it, he can bring back more useful ****! (and therefore should stay alive)

I would prefer to use Buncle for the protect rather than the haste at this point. I'll talk to Ryker ASAP.

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
kev's reason for rb'ing kwk n2 still bugs me. HxH had a mafia tracker, so he should know role=|= alignment in this case, yet he said he burnt a claimed investigatives last shot to verify my claim and called me town for it.
Kev visiting ruy is wtf.

Top Bottom