• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
You misinterpreted. He said he brings back past GFs and replaces an unassigned GF with it.

The unassigned GF would be Alexander in this case, and it would be replaced with Carbuncle. He's already brought back Carbuncle once so it's possible.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Okay. I thought he was able to bring back Carbuncle because it wasn't assigned earlier. My bad. Does it really matter who gets lynched because I would preferably want RR dead over Joey.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
It doesn't really matter except for how much I think RR is town and the Carbuncle idea would involve proving that rather than killing him. Carbuncle did get assigned though. Just randomly, but still assigned....

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
KWK how do you think RR is town

His case on me is calling me out on being opportunistic.

When my primary lynch pool has not changed since D2 and I am in fact REFUSING TO LYNCH OUTSIDE OF THAT LYNCH POOL

He however has wanted me dead since I've pushed on him for releasing the GF. He also then has a super scummy claim. He then wants THE GUN FOR HIMSELF??? Are you kidding me..

that's your town read?

**** this game

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
I acknowledge that Red Ryu's play has been balls.

His case against you was weak, the choices he has made with his role haven't been the best, and there are just things all around that are stupid.

But I'm looking at motivation. Wanting Bahamut for himself. Yeah, it's a ridiculous assertion. But what's the scum intent? Is there any chance in hell that he'll get Bahamut? No. Does he believe that he'll get it? No. So asking for it is just dumb regardless of alignment and null at worst. I'm sorry, I'm just not seeing any reason to deter myself from the comfortable townread I have on him.

Night results? Naw, his claim lines up with a Track result on him and shows him doing nothing.
The claim itself? It's Universal Backup, yeah. I can see how that would be easy for scum to claim but I can just as easily see it actually existing and don't see why it can be used as a point. Look at this setup. Two Town Doctors. What if that played out differently and they both lived until a mass-claim. I guess we'd have to lynch both of them because they are counterclaimed and ONE OF THEM has to be lying, right? Seriously set-up speculation is cool to a point, but not under the basis of "Lynch the Universal Backup claim". It's something he can be forced to prove, and the Bahamut Carbuncle plan is another way to confirm his alignment. Hell, if I've been wrong this whole time I can eat my words as he eats a bullet toNight. But someone tell me why his claim is more damning than Joey's. Then tell me why his role is more threatening than other possible scum roles. He was doing NOTHING last Night. Scum Boss and/or Scum Joey are both A LOT more dangerous than that. My plan means that if RR is scum he dies by vig shot toNight. I realized it can even be altered to ensure RR is getting roleblocked too. The roleblock between Kev and I that gets used on J can shift to RR instead to ensure he can't pull anything.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
That last post was so painfully bad I had to log in to tell you how painfully bad it was before I go to class.

Are you ACTUALLY trying to justify that there being TWO doctors makes it MORE likely for his claim to be true?

YOU ARE HIGH. That would make THREEE protectives, and if Red Ruy was telling the truth, that gives Town THREE killing roles (Vig, Vengeful, Backup), THREE Prots (Doc, Doc, Backup), THREE Investigatives (Us, Tracker, Backup) ANDDD all the GF's. You're out of your ****ing mind. Way too many powerful Town tools in this game for there to be a universal backup.

The situation you just described is absurd, and you know what Swiss did to avoid that? Never hard-claimed, and soft-crumbed bodyguard.

I wish I had more time, but that was so unbelievably reachy and scummy that I couldn't stand it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
When my primary lynch pool has not changed since D2 and I am in fact REFUSING TO LYNCH OUTSIDE OF THAT LYNCH POOL
Joey got thrown in D3 off his claim alone.

How you arrived at your D2 lynch pool was opportunistic, Bubbles claimed Tracker so he's scum? :glare:

YOU ARE HIGH. That would make THREEE protectives, and if Red Ruy was telling the truth, that gives Town THREE killing roles (Vig, Vengeful, Backup), THREE Prots (Doc, Doc, Backup), THREE Investigatives (Us, Tracker, Backup) ANDDD all the GF's. You're out of your ****ing mind. Way too many powerful Town tools in this game for there to be a universal backup.
Potential third on each and whatever restrictions come with it.

Rolecop/Alexander me and see my role, all you have to do.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
One-shot vig and a vengeful kill.
Two-shot track and two-shot rolecop.
X-shot doc and X-shot doc. I have no reason to believe soup or Swiss had more than 2 uses to their ability. It just seems to be the way this setup is. My role and Red Ryu's role coupled with a bunch of limited usage abilities. And you're making it sound like Red Ryu's role means that he can backup every single ****ing role in the game. He can only choose one, and he gets the same restrictions they were subject to.

But **** it, if everyone is so damn certain on Red Ryu then just ****ing lynch him. Setup speculation is always better than having a brain, apparently. Then you can tell me why your Night Action plan is better than mine.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Regardless, I don't see what's wrong with giving him Carbuncle before shooting him toNight. All that does is kill him if he's scum and protect him if he's town. Then we don't need to worry about hurling **** at each other over this.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Votecount 4 Day 3:

Lynch vote

[0] mUrDErBUSh
[0] J
[0] JTB
[1] Boss Red Ryu
[2] -Masquerain- Boss, -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Red Ryu
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Bubbles.

[6] Not voting:
mUrDErBUSh, J, JTB, Inferno3044, Kreative Whiz Kids, Bubbles.

Alexander

[0] mUrDErBUSh
[0] J
[1] JTB mUrDErBUSh
[0] Boss
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Red Ryu
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[1] Bubbles. Bubbles.

[7] Not assigning:
J, JTB, Boss, -Masquerain-, Inferno3044, Red Ryu, Kreative Whiz Kids

Bahamut

[2] mUrDErBUSh mUrDErBUSh, Bubbles.
[0] J
[0] JTB
[0] Boss
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[1] Red Ryu Red Ryu
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Bubbles.

[6] Not assigning:
J, JTB, Boss, -Masquerain-, Inferno3044, Kreative Whiz Kids

Notes:
Currently V/LA:

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch and to assign GFs!

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
I don't give a **** about main character WIFOM.

Look at his claim. It's a commuter. That's another protective already. So "3 protectives omg scum dude wtf ur dumb" can be used against him just as much as you guys are trying to use it against Ruy. So why aren't you?

This next point is full of WIFOM, but think about Doomtrain for a second. Sounds pretty scummy, right? Well, how do the components to it work? Two pieces are given to two players (J and Joey) and one piece starts somewhere and jumps around when it goes unused. I think it's safe to say most town wouldn't want to summon the Spreader of Diseases GF, and it probably gives a huge boost to scum. Call me crazy and discount this if you want, but I think the fact that J and Joey permanently have pieces necessary to summon Doomtrain is significant. Then the third piece jumps around until a town decides to use it or it falls in the hands of a scummie.

I don't see how having J (a dead null) in a pool of possible scum is disgusting.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Joey's claim.

Miller, no cop in the set-up to be found whatsoever.
Had a component to summon Doomtrain and used it N1, claiming he "didn't realize the GF sounded scummy at the time".
Vote manipulator.

Nothing has been verified.

RR's claim.

Universal back-up that can be used Day or Night and works outside NAR in a set-up with a bunch of 1/2-shot roles.
Ability to summon Diablos with Magic Lamp.

Magic Lamp has been verified. He took no action last Night phase.

Let's compare and contrast Red Ryu vs Joey in the D1 Rake pressure.

Joey: Starts pushing Rake hard and trying to make his actions seem scummy. When this falls through he stops and makes no other pushes and hardly even plays the game at all until the end of D2 when he pushes for the Swiss lynch to happen.

Red Ryu: Asks Rake a series of questions and follow-ups before adding his vote to the wagon. When the Day shifts to other players he continues playing.

Now let's compare and contrast how they've played their roles.

Joey acknowledges he has an anti-town role in being a vote manipulating miller. However, he chooses to not do much in the game "because he doesn't like his role" and never crumbs nor flat-out claims any part of it.

Red Ryu starts the game off by revealing he can summon a GF to the field and states he knows which it is based on knowledge of the game. Magic Lamp in FF8 does, in fact, summon Diablos so there you go. He then asks town how he should use this ability.

How on ****ing earth are you all not seeing this?

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Deadline is in 2 days and we need to give ourselves time to assign Bahamut so JTB can bring back Carbuncle.

Anyone with a problem with Bubbles. getting Bahamut with explicit instructions to shoot Red Ryu speak up and say why.

Assign Bahamut: Bubbles.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
You're acting like I didn't push TS at all.

I will admit that I wasn't playing at all during D2 except when the Swiss lynch was about to roll around because close to deadline and we needed to get GF's assigned and such.

You have two days left, people. I'd suggest assigning GF's to whoever. I haven't been paying attention as to what is going where, so I will not be voting. :D.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
In the end, RR and Joey are gonna die by the next day phase. As far as I know, nobody is really opposing this plan. So why are we complaining about the order? They are both going to die so instead of making a big deal out of who dies first, let's just get a lynch going.

Vote: Masquerain

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Yeah, so do I. In a perfect world, he'd be there. It's not a perfect world. It's the day before Thanksgiving and he's inactive. We aren't waiting on ****. I think he's on V/LA as well.

Bahamut needs to go on us. The whole point is to make it so that they cannot roleblock the kill without giving it away via track. Giving Bubbles both ruins that.

JTB needs to specify whether or not to assign Alexander.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Bubbles doesn't have a ****ing Track anymore, how many times must you be reminded this? The reason for him getting Bahamut over you is then we're not putting all our eggs in one basket. If scum can somehow kill still then they can choose between your slot for the powerful presence and clear or Bubbles. for the Bahamut. It also means one of those things being killed off wouldn't cause us to lose the other, as well.

I'm not seeing a difference between you getting Bahamut and Bubbles. getting Bahamut as far as the plan goes, either.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Assign Bahamut: Murderbush

I never trust Ryker with a gun no matter his alignment, but him and Raz are the only ones everyone is ok with having this.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Assign Bahamut: Murderbush

ill bring back leviathan once bahamut is assigned

ill also post more later

Top Bottom