• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Boss, what makes bubbles a better lynch than RR today?

ran ill get to you soon, working my way through the thread atm

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Boss, what makes bubbles a better lynch than RR today?

ran ill get to you soon, working my way through the thread atm
Bubbles is a liability because he's to all over the place and he is extremely easy to manipulate.

I still think my top 3 scum picks at the moment go at

RR
Bubbles
Yourself.

I don't like how you've played this entire game.

RR's D2 is damning

And exactly what I said about Vinyl.

I'm not seeing KWK scum, Swiss isn't helping me see KWK scum.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
>tfw you lose a big post

I'm up to 385 reading groups of people at a time. RR, Bubbles, and KWK was my focus right now. I'm going to write out my notes up to that point right now so I don't forget anything.

RR

Asks for confirmation from Boss/Swiss on what to do with his GF twice, once in pre-game and once in RVS. Important because when I ask about his Boss/Swiss read, his boss read stems from the second time he brought up the GF business, despite boss already answering his first time. Looks like he was looking for a town read on Boss and brought up the GF thing again in order to get a reaction from boss that he could call town. Also odd because Boss was saying they would shoot them in pre-game if given the chance.

Really?

Huh, cleared Swiss sounds great, I'd be down for it if it works like this.

Assign Carbuncle: Swiss
Note that this post specifically says "cleared Swiss." Posts prior to this had mentioned how carbuncle goes both ways in clearing someone or killing a scum. Don't like that RR only says its a way to clear swiss and not mention that he could possibly be scum (especially when swiss was a null read to him)

KWK

early game scum read on RR. says gut and makes no attempt to say why its gut. also mentions that sokr will be taking control of hydra for d1. looks like kantrip is trying to use hydra johns to avoid pressure from that rake read, which is relevant later when sokr says he doesn't know anything about a scumRR read.

another gut scum read on rake. no mention of whats bothering the hydra. gut FOS on TS which is also unexplained. looks like hydra is just going with the flow of the thread instead of scumhunting

Bubbles

early game play on orbo mostly explained. lots of "why this, why that" with no indication of if someone is even slightly scummy. some worthless questions like pointing on RR slipping on gender of GF, adds nothing to game

i know there was something else with orbo but its completely eluding me for the time being

gonna run a bit then ill keep on this

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Someone needs to show me my Boss is scum.

Boss needs to show me why RR is scum.

JTB your RR section in that last post is garbage, your KWK section in that last post is garbage, and your Orbo/Bubbles. section is hollow. I really hope the big post you lost was better.

For the record, I'm not seeing RRscum at all and actually have him as a town read. I'll flesh this out in a large reads and thread reread post that's on its way. Rake continues to be a massive sheep. Red Ryu tells him to vote Boss and he hops off Swiss's **** so he can go along for the ride. I don't even remember Rake saying Boss was scum to him. Not to mention how HARD he was on my slot.

@Rake: Did your opinion of my slot change? If not, why do you suddenly find Boss more pressing?

:banana:

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
Wait. Why was that related to you not wanting to vote him? Clarify that for me.
I've been biting my tongue for a while now on giving out reasons, but I have to decide whether or not I should.
And I don't know orbo will be mad.
But I should.

Rethinking, I still don't feel like Swiss should get leviathan. Why I didn't want to vote boss before was because he hasn't visited anyone last night. Rethinking that again, scum didn't do anything.

So yeah.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
huh, when did that post appear above mine

i swear it wasnt there

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I like KWK a bit more after reading more of his recent posts. A lot of my dislike for the slot was just throwing out gut reads without any explanation. Consider him leaning town for now.

Re-reading, I'm not liking boss, but I'm still not gonna vote him.
Vinyl, what changed between this post and the one where you vote him? Are you voting him because RR asked you to or do you actually think he is scum?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
But I should.

Rethinking, I still don't feel like Swiss should get leviathan. Why I didn't want to vote boss before was because he hasn't visited anyone last night. Rethinking that again, scum didn't do anything.

So yeah.
So are you claiming tracker?

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
Vinyl, what changed between this post and the one where you vote him? Are you voting him because RR asked you to or do you actually think he is scum?
At night, I decided to track down on boss by gut. And the results were that he hasn't visited anyone. After that, which I haven't looked into carbuncle and what it does, when ran voted him, I said to Unvote priorly because of that.

After I read up a little more, I then believed that scum hasn't done anything last night because of the two night actions rake and zen made. I just forgot about it after that as it may have been just a waste of use.

So are you claiming tracker?
Rinoa Heartilly, Town Tracker

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Ran, answering a question about my past playing experience is not pulling the Newb card. If I did something stupid and blamed it on my lack of experience, THAT would be pulling the Newb card, which I'm not going to do because you don't get better if you keep making excuses for your mistakes.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Really dislike how Vinyl. is claiming Tracker and yet he wanted his slot to get Diablos. Why would he want to remove his slot (and potential track results) from the game for a while?

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
I can answer that.

To not be part of the night kill and to think over my next night option without anyone knowing I was a tracker. Town clearly have a much better potential at catching scum red-handed than I can by day. Coming from my own thought. And then I would've claimed tracker.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
JTB, run it by me why scum would claim that?
Don't care about tracker claim, it's wifom

What i care about is the process by which he arrived at his boss vote

Elaborate later when I'm at comp

:phone:

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
I can answer that.

To not be part of the night kill and to think over my next night option without anyone knowing I was a tracker. Town clearly have a much better potential at catching scum red-handed than I can by day. Coming from my own thought. And then I would've claimed tracker.
You think you're at risk of being NK'd, and would put protecting yourself at Night over getting Track results? Do you realize that getting Diablos would mean you won't be able to use your action?

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
I was pretty much aware of that and I didn't really want to use the ability again since I can only do this twice, and I already used one. I need to think more wisely about my night actions since the first has gone to waste.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Bubbles you haven't answered why you voted after RR asked you to

Rajam

Smash Champion
Votecount 5 Day 2:

Lynch vote

[0] mUrDErBUSh
[0] Ranmaru
[0] JTB
[4] Boss Ranmaru, Red Ryu, Anomandaris_Rake, Bubbles.
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[1] Red Ryu Inferno3044
[1] Kreative Whiz Kids Swiss
[2] Bubbles. Boss, JTB
[0] Swiss
[0] Anomandaris_Rake

[3] Not voting:
mUrDErBUSh, -Masquerain-, Kreative Whiz Kids

Leviathan

[4] mUrDErBUSh Bubbles., Kreative Whiz Kids, JTB, -Masquerain-
[0] Ranmaru
[0] JTB
[0] Boss
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Red Ryu
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Bubbles.
[4] Swiss Swiss, Anomandaris_Rake, Red Ryu, Ranmaru
[0] Anomandaris_Rake

[3] Not assigning:
mUrDErBUSh, Boss, Inferno3044

Diablos

[0] mUrDErBUSh
[0] Ranmaru
[0] JTB
[0] Boss
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Red Ryu
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Bubbles.
[0] Swiss
[0] Anomandaris_Rake

[11] Not assigning:
mUrDErBUSh, Ranmaru, JTB, Boss, -Masquerain-, Inferno3044, Red Ryu, Kreative Whiz Kids, Swiss, Anomandaris_Rake, Bubbles.

Notes:
Currently V/LA:

With 11 players, it takes 6 votes to lynch and to assign GFs!

Inferno3044

Smash Master
1) Ryker is not confirmed townie. There are other explanations and always are. It's Ryker and you do not clear off such flimsy evidence.

2) Ryker is not saying to protect him without fail. Why? Because from his inactive point of view the game it's not as a big a deal as it is to me.

I'm giving you instructions for a reason so quit trying to be smart and throw me a ****in bone. Not one person in this game seems to think I'm scum so do what Swiss tells you.
Can you give another reason as to why the Twilight shot failed? It's obvious that he was gonna shoot murder and yet it failed. However the bold is a very valid point and I really can't think of an argument against it. I also trust you more as a player than Murderbush because Ryker tends to act on a whim without talking it over with people.

Assign Leviathan: Swiss

But I should.

So yeah.
You mind giving a reason as to why Swiss, who as far as I know nobody has as scum read on, shouldn't be a BP tracker? I see absolutely no downside to that decision.

I can answer that.

You weren't gonna get NK'd so you had no fear. You could've easily saved your 2nd track for a crucial time. Why did you claim and why do you think Boss visiting nobody makes him town? I also think your Boss vote is hella gross and very waffly.

I honestly don't see Boss as scum. He's a null read for me and I haven't seen anything of his scummy in the slightest.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I just it doesn't make sense...

1. Why claim tracker with no pressure on the slot.

2. Why would you think you're a primary night kill target over say.. me, swiss, murderbrush.

3. You say so you could think about your tracking target, when you only have one more shot left why not get them out of the way and get as much information as you can.

4. You're now outguessing the night actions by assuming I'm scum based off the fact that I didn't go anywhere.

5. Literally none of the things you're saying to me make sense from a town perspective.. I couldn't fathom doing any of these.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
The thing that gives me pause on scumBubbles (as well as the thing I've been mulling over since last night) is the fact that what he has said does add up with what he has done. I don't care about the timing of his tracker claim since its straight wifom, but the conversation with Ran at the start of the day does confirm that he didn't think you were scum based off his tracker results.

Bubbles, in your next post you need to outline your Boss read completely and answer my previous question about it.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Today is the day we catch up. We want Leviathan/Carbuncle.

Swiss can go **** himself on that.
That would be a remarkably bad idea. On this I can assure you.

If you get Carbuncle I will be shot and killed toNight. If however, I get Carbuncle, then you will get shot toNight.

Please understand.

I also will be catching up this evening.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I realise you must be confident in my alignment to take a bullet for me, as such tomorrow I will go through every read post of yours in detail, commenting openly.

I would die to save you, it is only fair to request the same commitment from yourself.

Swiss

Smash Lord
This implies that TS shot at Swiss with his vengeful shot.

The end-of-day flavour clearly described TS making a shot and having it fail.
How dumb can one player be.

#1131 Joey can be town as he agreed with me me.

JTB thinking.

scum team is KWK, Inferno and one of JTB/Boss

there is no indy short of redirector

town is Swiss/murderface/bubbles/whoever else isn't listed above
This is a silly post.

Reads are fine, but Indy spec silly.

#1142 dumb

RR's play has slipped as the day has passed and I started liking him less and less. When he brought up the idea to use Diablos on a possible vig, I saw it as a very scummy move. I see absolutely no plus side to him leaving. He either a) is a vig and becomes useless if he leaves or b) is an SK we can't lynch until later. Either way is stupid and sounds like he fears it.
More on RR. Do you want to push him or not?

#1142 is idiotic. All the wrong questions & none of the right ones. Vigpool.
I am so very good at this game. I must be, to agree with Swiss.

I disagree. We have a semi (emphasis on semi) cleared townie through TS's attempted kill. Why we wouldn't give both of the GF's to them... I don't know.

I will vote to assign both GF's after JTB does his magic :p.

No, god no.

Removing Diablos and bringing back Carbuncle is the same action. So we either have to bring back Carbuncle now or deal with Diablos. Personally I prefer the former over the latter because honestly I'm not sure who we would pick to have Diablos.
Ryker you see a tell here?

I think we can all agree that murder is confirmed town. If we give him both the Carbuncle and the Leviathan, you have a bulletproof tracker which could be very beneficial to town.
Scum do love clearing townies.

So what have you got, then? RB?

Good Leviathan by Rake. Appreciated.

Might I also ask why you wanted to give us Leviathan.
So that scum shot you.

#1187 skipping case as have solid reads on both participants. Case seems fine anyone unsure on Inferno can read it.

Swiss, does Murderbush being cleared mean anything to you? At all?
If we had some way to clear Ryker it would be lovely. My read on him is town so we just need him to be shot toNight and everyone is happy.

@ Rake to clarify why I was annoyed at the post. Ryker understands more than any other player here that Mafia isn't just about securing scum lynches, but useful scum lynches. Inferno will be dead within a day or two and everyone on the ball knows it. I firmly believe KWK is scum and it is easier to push a lynch such as his early game, this is needed as his play style doesn't give out the sort of tells this playerlist seem to appreciate. I saw him made a case on Inferno, which was an indirect defence of KWK and an attack on me.

I am all for JTB bringing back Carbuncle over Diablos. I am the complete opposite with regards to giving Carbuncle and Leviathan to Swiss. No way in hell he gets it over Murderbush. Regardless of his faith in their slot, his alignment is completely in the dark and they are near-clear.
This interests me.

You state my alignment is completely in the dark, yet this does not seem to be the general consensus, so why would you propaganda as such?
You ask Rake for a read on my alignment when he posted recently calling me town why?

Bizarre.

Swiss, are you serious? You don't want people to develop cases on other potential scum players because you feel you have ONE pinned? If you're right and I am scum, I probably have partners and there may even be an indy out there. I can't see any scenario in which town would want people to narrow their minds against developing other reads.
Please clarify this. Bearing in mind I had already explained to Rake I believe Ryker made this post, why would you then attempt to attack me on this? If this is simply another case of you misinterpreting my posts (remember you claiming Zen shot me to try dig at me....?) then please explain.

I mean, kudos to you for making a post with clear pro-town intentions. I guess we should clear you now, right?

Boss, yesterDay you said you found ten flaws in a post of Swiss'. Follow up on this please.
Reads: Don't want to try and take Swiss solo and no-one will help me other than maybe Boss. You're not scum with Boss.

what's wrong with targetting multiple people during the day? if you want KwK so much, why haven't you put forth any kind of argument for it?
You have this habit of missing the point.

KWK is a difficult lynch to acquire.

My issue was not with the read which is to my mind correct. But with the fact I believed Ryker made the case. Which would be silly for him. I mentioned to Rake why the case was poorly timed though did not berate for scumhunting. You should try thinking about things before you post.

I don't expect many people to understand this, but you can't say I didn't try to shine a light on what really happens in mafia.

Shut up bubbles you lower the intelligence of the entire thread

You really are quite inept, Bubbles.

Vote: Boss

Rake join me on this, you too Bubbles.

wtf what, why.

Dumbest vote.

sure why not , he's a scum read anyway

Vote : Boss

Also your reading so far in lol, I'm was saying my restriction makes me a one shot vig. Remove it = More shots
wtf what, why.

Dumbest wagon.

I'm still sticking my fat head out on assigning leviathan.
Which also complies to why I didn't vote boss when I said I disliked him, but after thinking a little more now, nevermind.

Vote: Boss
wtf what, why.

Dumbest sheep.

Swiss, I prefer murderbush more than you since I also believe he's semi-confirmed as townie unless stated otherwise.
I get why you would prefer Ryker. That reasoning is not incorrect though somewhat shallow.

I am presenting reasoning as to why I am viable alternative. I am requesting co-operation. I will not explain myself. Consider my ability as a player and your read on my alignment. Also consider that scum will have a roleblocker and that the track will likely be rendered useless (Ryker, Boss - thoughts for this to go random? We can still supply a pool of three names to track.) What really matters here is the Bulletproof. Ryker and I appear to be somewhat magnetic to NK's.

Swiss I will give you KWK tomorrow if you give me JTB today, your thoughts?

I have him on straight null, I also do not see enough thread power from yourself to do this. You bring your own vote to the table and little else. My read on you falters to null at the same time you're wagonned.

RR explain why you chose now to push Kev. What swung you into action? What post by him was the catalyst?

RR your trying to jump on me whole I've had a inactive spurt is noted btw, I'm trying to figure out if you're scum or just simply playing an awful town game.. I really want the first one but I'm wary of jtbs slot right now, posting only about mechanics with no solid reads or opinions makes it a more dangerous slot as time moves on.

RR & Kev not scum together. RR scum with Kev as the indie is possible.

Rake elaborate on your Swiss read and why you think Swiss should get BP tracker over a confirmed town.
Loved your prior two posts then suddenly you call Ryker confirmed town.

Ran go in depth on Boss?

Inferno scum. Cool with him or Bubbles going tommorow.
RR town.
KWK null. (You should talk to me about this guy)
Joey town.
You town.
Rake town.
Jtb town.
Murderbush null. (What's your read on him currently)
KWK I see as scum. The tone and wording of his posts reek to me but he drops few real tells for me to use.

Murderbush likely town.

Agree on Inferno, Rake and Joey. RR scumlean, posts toDay not reeked to you?

Because ryker isn't cleared and is completely irrelevant to this game
I take it all back. I like this parroting.

Nevermind found yours

"I still have no clue why you think not knowing what Diablos doing and letting it out is scummier than knowing what is it and/or releasing it later, nor when you think using something like that is appropriate.

When should have I used it? What day? "

Because it's

A. Not confirmed that you didn't know what it is.

B. You directly went across what a majority of town wanted with waiting for a majority rule on it.

C. You immediately got defensive about those two points after I said I wanted you dead.

D. You waited until I went slightly inactive to then vote for me based on the previous points that answer the question.

When should you have used it?

When we had more ****ing clears in this game.. I'd say its a really simple question.
Correct. Though mechanical so null tell.

KWK trying to buddy up to Kev. This is exactly what I would do in his situation. Buddy to a guy who won't die easily but clearly will go down. Set him up VS your main rival (Swiss) before he does so that when he does die and flips town your rival takes heat. If Rival flips town then it was all Boss, not me.

It's ****in smart play, credit where credit is due. But it's scum play.

I like KWK a bit more after reading more of his recent posts. A lot of my dislike for the slot was just throwing out gut reads without any explanation. Consider him leaning town for now.
?
What, exactly?

Oh, the tracker claim.

But I should.

So yeah.
What was the purpose of this claim? What did you gain from this? You claimed in order to say "Ya so my night action on him is irrelevant".

What.

JTB, run it by me why scum would claim that?
I'm all for clearing townies off this stuff but...you see a town tell here? I don't.

not lynching vinyl.
he is town.

JTB/KWK/Boss/Inferno will be the only place my vote goes
Why Bubbles town?

The thing that gives me pause on scumBubbles (as well as the thing I've been mulling over since last night) is the fact that what he has said does add up with what he has done. I don't care about the timing of his tracker claim since its straight wifom, but the conversation with Ran at the start of the day does confirm that he didn't think you were scum based off his tracker results.

Bubbles, in your next post you need to outline your Boss read completely and answer my previous question about it.
Well, it's not wifom. But moving on; explain to me how it fits in.

Town
Swiss
Murderbush
Rake
Ranmaru

Null
Joey
Bubbles
JTB
RR
Boss

Scum
KWK
Inferno

Null pile larger this game as playing more cautiously. JTB pure null. RR scumlean. Boss pure null. Bubbles townlean. Joey townlean.

Want thoughts on this random track.

Top Bottom