• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
THERE ARE 26 HOURS TO DEADLINE! WE DO NOT WANT ANOTHER GF FIASCO!

GIVE ME LEVIATHAN AND LET JTB RESET THE GFS, THEN GIVE ME CARBUNCLE!

IF YOU HAVE A REASON TO NOT WANT THIS AND ARE NOT NAMED SWISS, GET IT OUT NOW!

This needs to happen, ASAP.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Swiss is also one vote away from Leviathan and if you hammer it on him I will end you. Someone needs to switch to us.

Boss is the only player not voting to assign.

If you want Swiss still at this point, don't hammer it until I've been given a chance to talk about Swiss tonight.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Alright, so, we've got a slight problem here. We've got the scum team narrowed down pretty far, and it includes that slippery little *****, Swiss.

More incoming, but for now, know that's where we're looking. Know that Bubbles is definitely not the play today. Rake is definitely not the play today. Boss is definitely not the play today.

Swiss is the play today.

Vote Swiss

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Alright, so, we've got a slight problem here. We've got the scum team narrowed down pretty far, and it includes that slippery little *****, Swiss.

More incoming, but for now, know that's where we're looking. Know that Bubbles is definitely not the play today. Rake is definitely not the play today. Boss is definitely not the play today.

Swiss is the play today.

Vote Swiss

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Swiss, would you mind explaining your town read on Ranmaru? I just went over that slot's incredibly few posts and couldn't see what you were seeing. Since the start of toDay he's had two posting periods. Both of his major posts contained nothing but dumb questions. The vibes I'm getting from him are that he's awkward in his posts and reads and he's reaching a bit in them.

Ran, you voted Boss but never explained why. You also revealed him to be one of your strongest scum reads, again without explanation. Please give us one.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Imma view but I'm on my phone so I ain't doing **** all til you and Swiss have at it and I eat this Chinese food. Also lets get a deadline extension I have a feeling this gonna be important

:phone:

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Okay, as I said, Swiss is the play.

As I have ALSO already said, Swiss is a slippery little *****.

As such, he's VERY difficult to pin down when you need him gone, like now. I've talked to him over and over about mafia theory, about WIFOM in particular, and the number one biggest lesson that both he and I preach (from a scum perspective), is to always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS have a plausible explanation for your actions, no matter how scummy the action was, or how spectacular the excuse seems.

That being said, I have numerous reasons why Swiss is scum and NEEDS to die.

Some of them, he will already have posted his reasons for doing so.

I am going to challenge those, and show you why, while it is in THEORY possible for his motivations to be as he said, it is unlikely, and he should die.

Let's start with the mechanical portion of the game.

Swiss has spent the entire game directing PRs and declaring what should be done with these GFs that we've been given. That, in and of itself, is a null tell with Swiss. He's gonna boss people around. It's what he does.

That's why what I'm looking at is what he has said to DO, not the fact that he said to do it.

First, look at the way he made the Doc call for Night 1.

Throughout the Day Phase, PAST the point where we caught up, Swiss professed to have a Town read on our slot, HOWEVER, with his lead in the Carbuncle voting, Swiss's Doc call was RAKE.

His reasoning being the vig claim. Note that at this point, Swiss should have NO reason to be Townreading Rake that hard.

He did not have a specific kill in mind for Rake to make. He was not PUSHING that Rake should do anything, he simply wanted to preserve the slot over ours, based on the claim. So, we'll say he's fearing a night kill. On........ Rake? SERIOUSLY?!

At that point in the game, Rake is still a huge topic as a possible Indy, sentiment that remains even now. Rake's death, even TOWN Rake's death costs us his ability, in exchange for confirming whether or not he is the Indy, and taking a very, VERY distracting slot out of the game.

Versus.... saving US from a Night Kill. We have a role he does not know, we have influence in the thread, and even before the Carbuncle shenanigans, it was apparent that our slot was not going to be lynched.

Now, all of that is on a slot that Swiss PROFESSES to have as Town.

It doesn't add up.

Staying with mechanics, look at the GFs.

I don't care about Day 1. Trying to draw something from the fact that Swiss wanted Carbuncle then is far too much of a reach to be useful.

Now, look at his choice for Leviathan.

He wanted to give it to us.

His reasoning came out here just very recently. He wanted us to gain the Tracker ability, SO THAT WE could fall over dead for him.

He maintains that we are Town, but pushes that we are not clear, without ever giving a solid alternative as to what happened with Zen's shot. Nobody else has claimed Carbuncle, and why he would want this slot that he TOWN READS and is practically cleared to drop dead, is beyond me.

So, rather than giving Leviathan to one of his other Town reads, he wants to ensure the that no-one asks questions about why he was not night killed.

He, admittedly, is setting us up as a fall guy, and throwing away a Tracking ability with us.

Now, look at his change of tact when JTB reveals that he can bring back Carbuncle.

He changes it up. He wants to ensure that he gains BOTH abilities. Why?

Because once more, this ensures that we die in the night. And that the Track disappears once again.

He has NO good reason provided at ANY point in this game for why he shouldn't want us to gain BP.

Now, let's look back at the end of Day 1.

This point is rather cut and dry. Swiss supports killing TS. He votes on the wagon, and truly seals any chance TS had of playing out of his lynch.

However, immediately AFTER the hammer falls, before he's seen a flip, Swiss goes into over-drive. He has a huge emotional outburst, that I don't buy for AN INSTANT.

He spends his time yelling at us and anyone else in arm's reach about how incredibly stupid the lynch was. He berates the ENTIRE Town for letting Carbuncle be randomly assigned and calls for the Doc to sit on him, all thoughts of Rake forgotten.

But wait! This is a lynch you supported, Swiss! So you can take your rage baby, and I'll buy you a book on single parenting.

Because I aint payin' a DIME on child support.

With that done, let's move on and look at Swiss's reads for this game.

Note that none of his reads are ever acted upon. The only other dominating force in the game at this point is us. And we haven't been here for DAYS.

But you know what's getting pushed? Boss.

A wagon Swiss has said is incredibly stupid. (Seems to be a running theme.)

But enough of the "Not-so-thinly-veiled" accusations.

Let's look at his latest reads list at the bottom of his 1279.

Town
Swiss
Murderbush
Rake
Ranmaru

Null
Joey
Bubbles
JTB
RR
Boss

Scum
KWK
Inferno

Null pile larger this game as playing more cautiously. JTB pure null. RR scumlean. Boss pure null. Bubbles townlean. Joey townlean.
On consideration push JTB closer to a townlean and RR closer to a scum read.
This reads list blows CHUNKS.

In 33 pages, he has a scum read on KWK..... and Inferno.

That he's done absolutely nothing with.

Similarly, his Town reads are himself, us (you know, that slot he wants to die), Rake (which I still do not feel is deserved) and 9-POST RAN, who replaced 0-post Kary.

What you have to know about Swiss, is that he is a major process of elimination player.

For him to have SO MANY uncommitted reads while he is looking to off one of the few solid reads he HAS, after lynching lynching a player he claims to have had a Town read ON, he would have to be on some REALLY heavy-duty hallucinogens, or more likely, be scum.

To wrap this up, I'm going to demonstrate that Swiss is not an island. He fits with ALL of my remaining scumspects.

Easiest to point out is Inferno. Read this kid's posts. I'm kind of glad the US passed this new healthcare bill, so that he can afford to see if a Doctor can remove Swiss's **** from so far down his throat.

He supports Swiss on everything, but Swiss holds him at arm's length, despite giving out free passes like candy to anyone else who agrees with him.

Next, try Ruy.

Ruy hasn't done much at all. He's played the background and his pushes have mostly been for things that would be absolutely terrible for Town. Swiss holds him at arm's length, but never DOES anything about him, despite exclaiming just how bad it looks on Ruy's part to have summoned Diablos.

3rd on the list, is Ran. Good old 9-post Ran, who gets a free pass for NOTHING. Why in the world Ran is in Swiss's town reads, I cannot fathom.

To sum it up, Swiss has WAYYYYYY too many problems.

His play is scummy, his plans lead ONLY to his own survival, and his presence, despite being so big and bad, is severely limited on matters that DON'T concern his survival.

Swiss is scum, and his flip holds the key to unlocking the remainder of the game.

He needs to go, NOW.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Checked the OP, under rule 3 of activity Rajam doesn't give us any deadline extensions except for replacing in or something else.

Reading this and thinking about scum Swiss.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Hawt.

The point about Swiss's swap regarding GFs is particularly good. He went from wanting his super townread and practically 100%-clear Murderbush to get Leviathan to wanting Leviathan for himself. When did he make this swap? When JTB outed his ability to bring back Carbuncle in exchange for Diablos. If Murder were to have received Leviathan when Swiss was advocating it, they would have been dead in a heartbeat. They're already super townie, they're a hydra of power players, they would have just been openly given an investigative ability, and the doc is dead. Then when JTB outs, a possibility for Murder to get Carbuncle arises. With this, they can survive the Night AND get the Track off. At this point, Swiss makes the swap and decides he wants both the GFs for himself. This proves he just wanted the Track ability to go to waste and to have Murder die. Him wanting it for himself when Carbuncle comes back into the picture reinforces this.

Swiss's behavior surrounding the TS lynch was ********. He vehemently opposed it and attacked those who supported it, and called TS town throughout. However, he made a statement along the lines of "TS tightened his own noose" and then JOINED the wagon.

I can't say I care too much for the connection points so soon, but they're not detracting from the case. Everything else is solid.

Vote: Swiss

Someone hammer Murder to receive Leviathan so JTB can bring back Carbuncle and we have enough time to assign that.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
he's town in my reads but he isn't going to be assigned anything when there are slots like KWK professing his towniness to heaven above.

Murder: Give me a track pool. I'm going to assume it includes Swiss, yes ?

Who are swiss' mates ? is he bussing KWK, what happens if Swiss does die tonight and flips town ?

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Rake you are seriously ******** and the amount of arrogance and smugness you put on makes me want to punch you through the computer. Look at your early play this game and bring yourself down a couple notches. Could you substantiate your hatred for my slot or is Swiss's **** in your way?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

kudos for rage mode though.
after your done riding ryker's **** come at me for buddying swiss to get a solid read on him.

Ryker:

My body is ready

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Calling a spade a spade in pointing out that Murderbush (there's two players in this hydra) is ****ing clear is a lot different than sheeping every syllable that comes out of Swiss's mouth. A Swiss that you just professed you were "buddying to try to read"? Pfft.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

also, you misunderstood, i was saying you should try to drive at me by saying that i was possibly nut riding Swiss to get a read on him, not that i was doing that lol, cuz since your not doing any scum hunting i figured you had nothing better to do than waste time

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
why should you believe youre vig.

and dont say "because my role pm says so"

go

why should i believe a slot with an inno from a mod-confirmed sane cop is near-clear

and dont say "because of the inno result"

go

Goddammit Rake, I don't know what it is about you that just makes me so angry, but I can find relief in knowing not everyone is like you. And now is when I take my leave.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
First off.

Assign Leviathan: MurderBush

Only situation where Murder lived through that as scum is with a BP, it's possible, but I can't say probable right now over Carbuncle protect because they are town. When more of the set-up is avalable claim wise, I could say more if them being mafia or indy is possible and probable, right not I'm not seeing it.

Case creates doubt on my Swiss town read, Initially I wanted the PRs dispurst more so they weren't stock piled on one person for easier night shenanigans that might work on the GFs. Like a thief role or redirector at end of day etc.

Right now I'd focus more on the BP portion than the Tracker one, since we need Diablos gone.

Do I want Swiss should go today? No, I still want Boss or Inferno.

I'll get to that in a sec.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Looking at my D2 action, I released Diablos because I didn't know what it did and didn't want to wait too long on that. Swiss said D2 or D3 at the latest, so I released the krakan, at that point, I had a good feel for the list and where I would direct Diablos if I used him. The turn out was nothing what I expected, Kevin's mad because I didn't go with a majority of town when I asked if I should release it or not, Swiss on the other hand said a post about me not telling I could do this and should use it D2 or D3.

I went with Swiss' opinion since I had him as a stronger town read at the time. It's an unknown power, I didn't know the outcome, waiting a day seemed legitimate enough to me to use it since we had some grasp or where to look, not a blind shot like D1 was. I didn't listen to the exact advice because I felt like we knew enough to use it.

~

Now, who we are lynching today, aka Boss.

Boss' play comes off to me as someone wanting a lynch, but not fining scum. He's not interested in looking for a legitimate scummy reason over just a lynch. He's not trying to find intent, he's looking for an action to poster without considering scum intent.

First, he claims my D2 was a damning action. Mind you Swiss asked him to elaborate multiple times, he posted "lynch Ruy" ignoring it.

I agree with the post entirely.

However, let's look at him from a scum Ryu PoV.

If he's scum he'd have known what GF would be released, I'm sure we both agree this is likely. Why, when he wasn't being pressured to release it now, would he then do so?

As scum he could release Diablo D3/D4 and royally **** town.

Thoughts?
Swiss asks this and again later, Kevin's response.

Swiss, if Ryu honestly didn't know what the GF does then I see more merit is scum releasing it earlier.

Inferno killing me with this sheeping, also **** no at removing Vig anyone with that should be shot

Down to shoot lynch Ryu and Vinyl and Levi Ryker, lets think about Diablo

Why does he say this? He doesn't even remotely explain this even when asked again by Swiss about this. But later,

Ok I've read through the last two pages.

I still dislike Vinyl more and more, and I also really REALLY dislike Ryu.

Ok with either of those slots going

Rake should shoot JTB.

I'm open to questions on things but I mean I can't see my stances changing on this.
Vinyl, JTB, Ruy. Sitting on it and not getting into detail at all where he is getting scum motivation from this. Still hasn't gone over anything with the in between when asked about it, he just sits on it.

He only posts reasoning on me more after I voted and got Rake + Bubbles to hop on.

Nevermind found yours

"I still have no clue why you think not knowing what Diablos doing and letting it out is scummier than knowing what is it and/or releasing it later, nor when you think using something like that is appropriate.

When should have I used it? What day? "

Because it's

A. Not confirmed that you didn't know what it is.

B. You directly went across what a majority of town wanted with waiting for a majority rule on it.

C. You immediately got defensive about those two points after I said I wanted you dead.

D. You waited until I went slightly inactive to then vote for me based on the previous points that answer the question.

When should you have used it?

When we had more ****ing clears in this game.. I'd say its a really simple question.
None of this is damning in the slightest. It's a bunch of null tells without considering context.

"A" is the important one here,

What is "A" even, how does it relate to what he said earlier? He doesn't take a direct stance on if I knew what Diablos did, if I knew I'm scum, if I didn't I'm scum based on what he said earlier to Swiss. So he doesn't care at all if I did or didn't but rather thinks I did it with scum motivation...which is what exactly?

After I formed the wagon, this fun little tidbit happened.

Next we get his Bubbles scum read and more importantly what led him to voting for them,

Bubbles is a liability because he's to all over the place and he is extremely easy to manipulate.

I still think my top 3 scum picks at the moment go at

RR
Bubbles
Yourself.

I don't like how you've played this entire game.

RR's D2 is damning

And exactly what I said about Vinyl.

I'm not seeing KWK scum, Swiss isn't helping me see KWK scum.
Liability lynch because their play confuses him, though the bolded implies he thinks they are town but thinks them being around outweighs them being a townie off play alone.

And I don't know orbo will be mad.
But I should.

Rethinking, I still don't feel like Swiss should get leviathan. Why I didn't want to vote boss before was because he hasn't visited anyone last night. Rethinking that again, scum didn't do anything.

So yeah.
So are you claiming tracker?
Vote Bubbles
But this was the thing that got him to vote, then claiming they saw Kevin not go anywhere.

He wants them dead at this point because this action alone is the cherry on top.

Rinoa Heartilly, Town Tracker
Why are you claiming..?
Maybe because you voted them asking if they were a tracker?

JTB is here doing similar here, but I like him pushing because he is looking at a different angle.

Don't care about tracker claim, it's wifom

What i care about is the process by which he arrived at his boss vote

Elaborate later when I'm at comp

That is far more legitimate than the crap Kevin has been posting. This shows analysis and looking at the intent of Bubbles previous votes.

Kevin attempts later,

I just it doesn't make sense...

1. Why claim tracker with no pressure on the slot.

2. Why would you think you're a primary night kill target over say.. me, swiss, murderbrush.

3. You say so you could think about your tracking target, when you only have one more shot left why not get them out of the way and get as much information as you can.

4. You're now outguessing the night actions by assuming I'm scum based off the fact that I didn't go anywhere.

5. Literally none of the things you're saying to me make sense from a town perspective.. I couldn't fathom doing any of these.
He not trying to analyze it at all over saying, this is stupid. He wants them dead because he thinks their play is stupid, not scummy. Makes no sense, yeah claiming like they did made no sense, but with the reasons above #5 why is that scummy?

Conclusion:

Kevin is not trying to lynch scum, he just wants to get a lynch.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Ryker wants to lynch me I have a more cautious reads list than normal. Uh, K.

Berates me for getting a fast townread on Ran even though I quoted the tell. Uh, K.

Ignores the fact I've got town & scumreads from people's first post before. Uh, K.

Ryker then tries to push a wagon the single hardest player in the game to lynch with 24 hours remaining. Uh, K.

Berates me for not pushing Inferno when there was no need for me to. Uh, K.

KWK begging for Boss and Ryker to push me. He needs me gone. I have also never seen anyone refer to Raz a power player before. Ever. Buddy more.

And for the record, if you shoot anyone other than Ranmaru tonight, you die.

If you manage to find some bullets tonight, you shoot Ran, or you shoot nobody.
Ignoring the fact that Rake will ignore this and your only thread credibility lies in the form of of KWK, wtf. Why Ran?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Ahaha.

Ahahahahha, Ryker.

You legitimately think I am scum with Ran? Really? Really?

I haven't push Inferno because as you well know there is zero need to do so. RR I have looked at more but thanks to my townread on him D1 I will not damn him immediately. It's also not just the Diablos with which I took issue.

Spectacularly inept performance.

Swiss

Smash Lord
And with sincere regret since I now have zero chance of lynching KWK toDay

Vote: Inferno

EHRMAGERD BUSSING

Ryker you also managed to miss every single crumb I left for you. Good work, champ.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I am looking forward to this game now.

Thee games just aren't as much fun when you don't have an imbecile to work around. You can be my new Cello - tunneling me just in case.

Top Bottom