• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

Raziek do I pull the trigger?
You're asking me? I'm torn, and don't think I should be the one to make this decision.

I have Inferno as a Town read, but not exactly strong enough not to question it....

Why are you asking me? :urg:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah I'm procrastinating this game, blah blah.

Anyways, Kantrip and Glyph are my top picks right now.

I would prefer Inferno to claim before shooting him, I'm null on him atm.

I'm trying to see what the Lego has done that was bad, I thought his case on Glyph was fine.

I will execute Orbo over Ryker and Gheb, I trust those two to be town over Orbo and they both are more experienced in mafia, no offense Orbo.

Execute: Ryker

~

Also do we have a deadline extension?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Seriously RR cut the excuses and just play the game.

I can't believe people are drilling me for lacking contribution with people like THAT in this game.

Kantrip

Kantplay
That's not AtE. It's an attempt to show your horrid lack of contribution contrasted against my own levels of contribution.

I'm making a case on RR. I REALLY want to switch the wagon to him.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Nothing has changed my read on you.

Even worse with how you handled the trigger convo makes me want you dead as my #1 pick.
So did you just like, not read any of my defense where I explained the points against me? Generally that is a good thing to do if you're town. You know, make sure your arguments are sound.

Hell, its a good thing to do as any alignment. What you're doing is just... bad at mafia-ing.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
That's half of the reason. The other reason is that I'm reserving that execute vote slot for myself.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm going to highlight instances where Red Ryu puts something off until later in magenta, and instances where he makes up an excuse for something in cyan. He has done a lot of these in a very small amount of posts. He has more fluff/excuses/hollow posts then he does any semblance of viable content.

I've never been fully into this game yet, adventure time has my full attention atm, but legit dayvig? I'll comment before I go to be tonight.
This never happened.

**** happened.

Still need to read this game more.
Then why even consider posting notes from before you even got your role PM?
This is the start of the TERRIBLE conversation that transpired between Red Ryu and myself. Just look at this post and realize it is garbage. He is asking me why I would even consider posting something from before I got my role PM. It implies that the reason town posts is so people can get definitive reads on them, which is not true at all.

Posting proof that you wrote it earlier means nothing, the moment you admit it, all ways to analyze it as town or scum is thrown out the window because you did it with no alignment before the replace in.

You did it with innocence which is why anything from before you replaced in is technically not useful for looking at your play in that slot.
Seriously, THIS was RR's justification for a scumread on my slot. It's complete garbage.

Tomorrow morning sure.
Ryker tl;dr.
This isn't really an excuse but I'm highlighting as such because it follows the same ideal. I'm not sure if this was joking or not, but if it was a joke then it just adds to Red Ryu's list of pointless posts (which are probably more numerous than his useful posts). If Red Ryu was serious then it is pretty weird that the next thing he does after asking for a tl;dr is start going through the case one post at a time.

I fully agree with this.

Nich never bothered to answer any sort of repose to these posts and made a clear, I promise to do things but then he falter it off while going off to something else. While I shouldn't be one to talk, I do not like this when he was doing it actively.
"I shouldn't be one to talk" is right, this is so hypocritical. Nich definitely had WAY more content then Red Ryu. My problem with this post and the ones that came after it is that they just feel so FAKE. It seems like he was just going through the case saying "I agree" in order to justify being a part of the Nich lynch.

I didn't read this thread throughly, but...bleck, this is disgusting. I thought J was the king of AtE but it looks like we got a new crown for king of AtE.

Nich this is gross, how can you play to people like this so commonly over and over again? These are blantant appeals to get off his *** and get at Ryker.
See? Does anyone else see the fakeness here?

These votes suck.

Te first one is an obvious backpedaling, the second is dumb because he puts in on Gheb for making a legit call out on the first vote, and the last one is again linked to the ones before because of his intial vote.
More of the same. Red Ryu's analyzing of Ryker's case was just really dumb in general.

Ryker your terrible at everything, quit life please

Dislike Kantrip more than anyone, gonna quite when I'm not going to bed/writing a program.

Not certain on Ryker v Gheb but

@Rajam: don't use that as reasoning, it screams past game salt. And I should know better seeing as how I was in MMX and replaced into his slot in another game after him pushing off himself got a cop lynched.

Use his current play, not past meta unless you show a pattern.
I'm still of the opinion Kantrip should be the play today.

Reading my interaction with him is enough to sell it for me.
Bull****. The interaction was the biggest ****fest ever, consisting of Red Ryu implying that we post to help people read us and that I'm scum for posting my stances from before I knew my alignment.

Here is me questioning why Kantrip takes to heart with the notes he made before he got his role PM, because there is no point in positing notes before he got his role PM since it can easily be posted by either alignment, rather giving hard stances an commitment are better for analyzing it.

Then I get.

That we can't read you? That doesn't make sense to me from a town perspective.

I ask again why posting the notes is worth it at all outside of showing Kantrip had read the game.

This doesn't answer anything I asked him so I make it clear.

So then,

Bolded is a scum tell to me.

Town certainly cares how well that can read him like I said before.

As I said before.

I dislike T-Blocks slot for holding similar problems to Orboknown in how fast T-Block jumped onto him for the same reasons Nich did.

Vote: Kantrip

Don't care for his claim either since I can early call him Weigraf as a holy knight.
Overall the case is just REALLY, REALLY bad. I also don't even understand what he's trying to say in the last line.

I don't like Glyph atm for his responses to me. Let me reread him to fortify if I think these together are legit scumtells.
Hey Inferno, what do you think of Kantrip?
This stood out to me for some reason. Something is just sending up a red flag in my gut when I see this question suddenly thrown out for no reason. I feel like it's probably a scum distancing question that RR tried to ask Inferno.

Glyph I read that whole thing, it doesn't fix the issues people had with you. How the only person I've seen you make frontward progress was Nich and your reads during the situation didn't move fluidly. I can't tell much how you gained from your gambit of even why it was necessary in that situation. You didn't really attempt to scum hunt or look into other players for connections. Even when EE tells me to look for one scum at a time you should still pay attention to the roaster. Which I'm not sure about your reads on anyone else.
More hypocrisy here. The bolded and underlined bit is what is significant to me. I am pretty sure it is a flat-out lie.

I'm gonna reread Gheb and Ryker tomorrow.

That need to be sorted out at some point.
1. Raziek - Null. - might be willing to lynch if inactivity is a problem, but otherise sits at null for me. Can't remember much play wise.

2. Legolas - Leaning town. - Can't see why he is scum at all. I think his pushes on Glyph are entirely warrented along with the general pushes at everyone who targetted

3. Ryker - He is town. I refuse to beleieve otherwise, Nich killed himself, after reading all the stuff Ryker posted to get him lynched I refuse to beleive he would do this as scum with this much effort.

4. Orbo - Null - Sitting here atm, not much to say.

5. Inferno3044 - null, Got to remember how he plays, he's fine but I can't get a good read on him from his posts, would lynch but not someone I prefer to go for.

7. Kantrip - Scum - Please kill him. I hate his D1 play and his nonexistant D2 play is enough to make me want to kill him.

8. Gova - Leaning town. Why is this guy scum? Every post when he comes back to post is content. No fluff, no deflection, it's just pure content and thought. This isn't Gova from Ragnarok.

9. Red Ryu - :lucario: :peanut:

10. Rajam - Null, ignoring activity it's not a scum tell, would lynch if it was necessary but not to the point to of others like Kantrip and Glyph.

11. Sangfroid Warrior - Null, is he/she playing?, sorry can't remember gender atm, If she posts more I can get a read, need to look at question wise.

12. Glyph - Scum - hate him, he has no town motivation from what I can see from his responses outside of deflection to his past posts.

13. Gheb - town, even with his suspicion of me I like his posting style to look around at the roaster, and contribute a fair amount.

~

Still working on my reread of Gheb and Ryker, Kantrip can wait, I got my play for the day

unvote
Vote: Glyph
The reads are just unjustified in general and quite safe.

The other game is frustrating me a lot, back to this.

*reading*
Read up, still want Glyph dead first, Kantrip is a viable alternative.

Ryker, are you certain pulling the trigger is better than seeing what Inferno is claim wise.

Still not sure about the execute but I would do it on Orbo if it wasn't Ryker or Gheb after seeing confirmation.

Writing a program I gotta submit by midnight so later.
This is another underlined and bolded segment because of a contradiction. I'll explain the two contradictions when I get to them.

Yeah I'm procrastinating this game, blah blah.

Anyways, Kantrip and Glyph are my top picks right now.

I would prefer Inferno to claim before shooting him, I'm null on him atm.

I'm trying to see what the Lego has done that was bad, I thought his case on Glyph was fine.

I will execute Orbo over Ryker and Gheb, I trust those two to be town over Orbo and they both are more experienced in mafia, no offense Orbo.

Execute: Ryker

~

Also do we have a deadline extension?
Here we go. He clearly said that he would vote Ryker to get Orbo gone AFTER CONFIRMATION. Then in his NEXT POST he just COMPLETELY goes against what he said and votes to execute Ryker anyways.... :glare:

Nothing has changed my read on you.

Even worse with how you handled the trigger convo makes me want you dead as my #1 pick.
This is addressing Glyph. Quite a recent post, I just get the feeling like he didn't read all the stuff Glyph did with regards to the case against him. The effort he put into the defense from Legolas's case, and RED RYU SAID HE READ IT EXPLICITLY. I really doubt this is true, which would be the second lie.

Why Red Ryu is scum:
-He has actively lurked and avoided providing content to an extreme degree.
-He has OFTEN made excuses for actions or things he didn't do.
-He has OFTEN put off something for later, and even still failed to fulfill his promises.
-He has a number of awkward posts that come off fake or overly convenient.
-He has been contradicting himself with his actions and words, and I suspect also lying about what he did and did not read.

Bonus: Meta. Red Ryu's scum meta is like this: He lurks like crazy and coasts through the game. I tried to pin him in Adventure Time when he was doing the SAME DAMN THINGS, but he got me with AtE. I'm not going to let it happen again.

Vote: Red Ryu

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't know if I will be back before the deadline and my lynch looks possible.

I'm my stone is Pisces, character is Ovelia, I picked Geomancer lvl 1 and lvl 1 Oracle. My ability is wish, it's the same as Orbo's ability but it only works on nightkills and lynches.

I used one oracle block, forgot I had two, and roleblocked Kantrip.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Why the hell did you claim so early? I guess the Day is pretty close to over and stuff but....

Also, there is something very wrong with you claiming to have used an Oracle block on me. My ability apparently went through on Sang, which means you're full of ****.

Oracle said:
Target players cannot use any active ability that Night and will effectively be roleblocked.
Unless my interpretation of this is off, it implies that I would be roleblocked from ALL abilities. Split Punch was only REDIRECTED, not ROLEBLOCKED. I'd bet anything on you being a redirector after that.

I'm an idiot for making it so obvious I had something to eliminate a problem player D1.

I also don't buy that you have the same ability as Orbo. In general you just ****ed up really bad.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
INFERNO IS NOT CLAIMING!

Jesus ****. Why would you want Inferno to claim in this scenario when there is a more than high chance that he's not dying?

Another note that I probably need to out in case bad **** were to happen. Ever since just a little bit after Orbo asked me if there was a player I would trust with my vote, I've had a posting restriction. Every time I vote, I've had to either type "lol" or "hahahaha." I do not know the punishment and I will not be breaking it for anyone. I made one vote after receiving the PM from OS informing me that I had the restriction, but before reading it. It was soon enough after that it didn't matter.

Note: The timing is merely a reference, it doesn't imply that Orbo did it because that was the first time OS had been on that morning.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why the hell did you claim so early? I guess the Day is pretty close to over and stuff but....

Also, there is something very wrong with you claiming to have used an Oracle block on me. My ability apparently went through on Sang, which means you're full of ****.

Unless my interpretation of this is off, it implies that I would be roleblocked from ALL abilities. Split Punch was only REDIRECTED, not ROLEBLOCKED. I'd bet anything on you being a redirector after that.

I'm an idiot for making it so obvious I had something to eliminate a problem player D1.

I also don't buy that you have the same ability as Orbo. In general you just ****ed up really bad.
Or, ya know, Sang is lying. Keep pushing though.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
lol

Vote Kantplay

ORBO, DOUBLE ****ING CHECK YOUR ABILITY!

RR, hold on a sec while I google and make sure your claim matches up.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Sang came off as really legit to me. When she was asking a bunch of questions like "do you confirm you targeted Rajam" and all that stuff I was picking up her hints already. I find it WAY more likely that Red Ryu is lying.

He claims Level 1 Oracle but "forgot to use one of his roleblocks".
He claims to have roleblocked me from using any active abilities when there's reason to believe an active ability of mine went through.
He claims to have THE SAME ABILITY as Orbo.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker, Rajam is maintaining that this is not a gambit.

What is his intent?

SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT RAJAM!

You are doing your goddamn best to turn this into something damning when it is not. There's a nine in ten chance that Rajam is not the origin of this problem. We already have people (Lego) claiming about messages being sent. There's so much pointing toward Rajam NOT being the problem that the fact that you're still pushing it is grating at my nerves.

I don't ****ing care if you're town or scum. This point is getting dropped now.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
lol Vote Red Ruy

Ryker - Red Ryu, Rajam,
Nicholas1024- Legolas, Ryker, NickelbackR0cks, Glyph, Gova, Gheb, MOD
Rajam - Raziek,
Legolas - MOD
Kantrip - Inferno3044,
NickelbackRocks- Nicholas1024,

Not voting: Seph, Kantrip,

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is February 17th at 3:00 PM EST

Night begins the moment I post flip. Twilight until then.
Die RR.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
DO NOT LYNCH HIM YET!

We are straightening out what's going on with the execution before he gets lynched. We are also straightening out what to do about reads and etc.

Expect the scum team to be nailed by the time I finish. I just needed one flip.

See RR? This is what EE means when he calls you small time.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
With this flip, Lego dies tomorrow. No reason for him not to.

Doc is on me. Watcher is on Gheb, if I decide he needs to live. I'm beginning to think he shouldn't.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
DO NOT VOTE EXECUTIONS!!!!!!

This flip is extremely illuminating and we may be dealing with a large dose of Gheb scum. Your ***** wait on me to make an extremely large post before any action is taken.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm not gonna vote and I can't set my execute either, I guess. I'm not going to do either until we have a set votecount and I'm not going to be here after 7 today. I may be able to get on from 7:30 to 8:15 and, if we're not doing anything in my computer science class, I may be able to get on from 10:00 to 10:45 but, after that, I won't be able to do anything.

RR needs to be the play toDay. Ryker needs to be executed regardless, so we know if we can lynch Orbo or not.

Kanty, even if RR was town he could have the same ability as Orbo. From what I can infer, Orbo does not have what Orbo claims to have. I just don't understand why that roll would only allow him to choose between two players...

I'll try to be here again within the next 2 or 3 hours to keep checking for an updated votecount but I can't promise much.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Ryker, for once we agree on something, but should we let the both of you die if Orbo is wrong? I don't think so. I agree that he may be bodyguard but I think he may be able to actually protect you if he does have bodyguard.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker, for once we agree on something, but should we let the both of you die if Orbo is wrong? I don't think so. I agree that he may be bodyguard but I think he may be able to actually protect you if he does have bodyguard.
YES! THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M SAYING!

I'm going to leave this game on a ****ing silver platter for town. I **** you not. ALL of the pieces are there. Do NOT hang me out to dry because I am at -1 to Execution. If we need me to die, Gova's the one to vote it. All I ask is your vote on Gheb on the off chance that I can convince everyone else that we are making the right decision in making certain that he dies.

I am perfectly willing to go to hell so long as I drag Gheb with me. His flip, town or scum, is going to be what opens the door to unlocking the correct scum team.

Just let me get my information out there.

Don't vote if you'll be able to be on later. Vote Gheb if you won't.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
You know people can't change their execution votes, right? I... I will wait. Why are you so adamant that Gheb is scum, or are you getting to that?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You know people can't change their execution votes, right? I... I will wait. Why are you so adamant that Gheb is scum, or are you getting to that?
That's exactly why I need your vote so badly.

I'm getting to it. I'm not sure I'm right yet. I've got to analyze it, but I'm almost certain that it's a distinct possibility. The thing is that I'm not so adamant that Gheb is scum, but I am extremely adamant that he is possibly scum and even more certain that his flip (which is so readily available at the moment right now) will give me all the information I need to nail the scum team within one player.

Neither Gheb nor myself will be necessary in order to win this game assuming I am left these odd hours of the night to put out the connections needed to bury the mafia.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm going to stop responding now in order to put my theory out in a way that can show you WHY I'm doing what I'm doing. It may take an hour or two to hammer out. Probably not. I ask that you don't vote me under any circumstances as that slot needs to be reserved for Gova and that if you have to go to bed and can't get on to see, trust that someone in the remainder of town to stop me if I'm ********.

PLEASE! This is Ryker ****ing AtEing his *** off. Don't make me beg anymore.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Okay. We'll see. I'll wait for your post. What I'm waiting for more, though, is for Orbo to come back and specify what is ability is called so we know what he is actually talking about to see if he's lying or not.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
We have two or three votes on RR right now. I will vote him before I leave in the off chance that I can't get back on... so, expect the vote around 6:30. That way his lynch can be secured.

Top Bottom