• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
A number of people haven't commented on my reasoning for Ran being scum, despite me expressing that it's conclusive. Notables are J and Gheb, who voted alongside the wagon without a stance on the strength of my reasoning, or seemingly for any reason but the momentum caused by my push and doublevote.
1.) I haven't voted alongside you
2.) I have commented on it in my response to dabuz

:059:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
That's... not really conclusive at all. What about your opinion of OS/Ryker do you think would be imperative enough for him to include? He could just be stupid and not found any use in it as aid or detriment to his case (a.k.a a null tell), or what surely could be is that he saw it, decided it'd hurt his case, and excluded it. If that's what you think, then surely you asked him to comment on your interactions with OS and why it doesn't matter to his case, right?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
please cop one of gheb/mc.

i don't really think acro's slot is scum tbh. acro seemed to be pretty generic acro. i guess it doesn't help that he's bound to get bodied no matter what but i'd still rather use the lynch elsewhere. i'm ok with compromising to dabuz.

Vote: Dabuz

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
After my case, Ranmaru made a post explaining in detail why he has the mindset he does. Below, I highlight every part of that post, and showcase the problem in each.

Nabe, talk to me. Why do you think MC was pushing you all day yesTerday? Today you are working on a lynch that I agree with, but i'm just wondering how you feel about him regardless.
"See this? I was wondering about this before, and asked Nabe about it. Yet he never replied to me about it. This was what I also attributed towards 'weird nabe play'."
I expressed why I think OS was antagonizing me (as either faction) during D1 when it was going on. My opinion on this didn't change in D2, and won't change moving forward, because it's not based on my read on MC, it's based on the player I know OS to be. I'm not going to go dig up the post; if this is what you thought was "weird" when you eventually called my play "weird", perhaps you should have brought it up to me, rather than calling it scummy down the road.

Really enjoying every direction Acro's taking.
"This is more weird D2 Nabe weird play. Again, he is buddying Acro with a push he was publicly not even pushing all the way."
This is something I completely explained already, in a post prior to your post. It's not even far back from here, yet your comment doesn't take my response into account.

"He was talking about scummy things from MC but it stopped somewhere in D2 and I don't know where and how. @ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe would you please quote where you dropped your suspicion of Carnage exactly?"
I never dropped my suspicion on MC, nor did I ever say that I did so. What did happen with my MC read is something that I already extensively explained, and it's in the very same post that's at the crux of my case against you.

FOS: @Hardbody Warrior

If from your POV I'm scum, then why:

- are you awarding me three day/night cycles to further my nefarious plots?
- are you doing this at all when I'm probably lying and not dying anyway?
- do you not think this is a ploy from me to avoid lynches ?
"INSTEAD of following up with some of his reads, he ****s on Marshy for doing what others are doing ToDay."
Marshy started the day by setting a doublevote on me and saying "Hey, MC, join this lynch #hbc let's **** this guy outta here." Then, when I claimed, he went full 180 from that, saying "Leave him around until the Doom." While several people toDay have said, "Leave him around until the Doom," exactly zero people have 180'd on aggressive Nabe wagons toDay. Furthermore, when I asked him to explain, he flew off the handle, then said, "Maybe I'll lynch Nabe anyway!" Again, something no other slot has done.

#HBC | Nabe

That's... not really conclusive at all. What about your opinion of OS/Ryker do you think would be imperative enough for him to include?
The point of my case is this:

1) Ran was writing a case about my interactions with MC.
2) He thought to himself: "This post by Nabe shares the same topic as my case."
3) He chose not to include it. ("I don't need this.")

He could just be stupid and not found any use in it as aid or detriment to his case (a.k.a a null tell), or what surely could be is that he saw it, decided it'd hurt his case, and excluded it.
Yes, that is what happened. That's the point.

As proven in my case, Ran chose to ignore something detrimental to his case. That is scummy as ****. That is cherry-picking information to suit an interpretation of the facts that you know isn't supported by the thread.

And when you do that, you are acknowledging to yourself that your argument is wrong.

AND YET

Ran came in here and posted it anyway.
What does that mean?
It means he is scum.

If that's what you think, then surely you asked him to comment on your interactions with OS and why it doesn't matter to his case, right?
Yep.

#HBC | Nabe

Random Ranmaru beats:

After people refused to lynch me, I asked Ran where he was going. Here's the chain of responses that followed.
I still suspect bardull, just less than you. Bardull hasn't relieved my concerns of his slot. I'm fine with his lynch ToDay.
But, you're not interested in pursuing him? Or for that matter, in pursuing anyone?
Ran didn't respond to this question. Instead, he put together a KwK case, without any prior notice that he was thinking about KwK.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Good enough answer for me.

I don't see why Ranmaru should cop Gorf. Right now Gorf is voteless and considering he has been for 3 days, nothing suggests he will gain a vote. What this means is that even as scum, Gorf has pretty much no thread control so knowing his alignment is less valuable than knowing anyone else's alignment. Ranmaru "copping" anyone (planning under the assumption his claim is real) gives us an alignment reveal on a slot with flat out more thread power which will be more useful for town.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
The point of my case is this:

1) Ran was writing a case about my interactions with MC.
2) He thought to himself: "This post by Nabe shares the same topic as my case."
3) He chose not to include it. ("I don't need this.")

Yes, that is what happened. That's the point.

As proven in my case, Ran chose to ignore something detrimental to his case. That is scummy as ****. That is cherry-picking information to suit an interpretation of the facts that you know isn't supported by the thread.

And when you do that, you are acknowledging to yourself that your argument is wrong.

AND YET

Ran came in here and posted it anyway.
What does that mean?
It means he is scum.

Yep.
This is all legitimate.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
Also, I got this deep fear of a cult possibly being in this game. This is only because Gheb is slightly suspicious as well, because he seems to be calling out for things he usually doesn't believe in. He doesn't like to get on wagons that are dumb, yet is calling for Bardull's lynch without any rhyme or reason to it.

This is also due to Ryu acting all weird on me ALL DAY. He brought up the 'switch on ryu' thing for no reason, but to start to put doubt on me. I responded to that and he never gave a response. Remember he had me as a town read, and I generally town read him yesterDay.

It's funny how people are pushing Bardull for 'avoiding scary' when Nabe and Ryu avoided Scary as well.
I underestimated him, sue me.

I'll give you one night, then we can lynch you tomorrow.

"I claim..!"

Ruy: "Don't care"

"I'm a main chara"

Ruy: "Don't care"

I'm only keep track of what people do for future flips and people catching liars.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
unvote

Thinking about vote if not Ran, thinking Bardull, would reread KwK to refresh.

I'm way too tired to think right now and I'm being a **** from being irritate annd doing bad on a midterm, I'll get to this hard body style tomorrow.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
The way Nabe came into Day 2 was more than enough for me to call him town. Not the doom claim, but the way he came in digging immediately.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
bardull is a bad play, ya'll hatin' and don't think i'm actually scum.

ugh i do not feel like writing up a huge wall and spear heading someone but i will if i have to

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
You going to do that, though? Or is this all you are willing to give me?

"Probably not."

"We'll SEE how we FEEL!"
Talk to me a bit more on this, I read Nabe's case and got that he thinks Ranmaru is cherry picking stuff to hold against him and force what Nabe feels is a manufactured read on him and while the case hits some decent points, i'm not sure what to think of this because i'm trying to look at Ran's intent in pushing towards Nabe (and now KwK) but away from Bardull, the simplest answer is that Ranmaru and Bardull are scum. However if Bardull is town then why would Ranmaru scum push to keep Bardull alive? I can't reason why Ranmaru scum would push Bardull town so I think Bardull's flip would really clarify a lot here. I felt like Ranmaru had a presence yesterDay but that his presence was very focused on a few things; most of which being the Scary push IIRC. I think we can both agree J isn't a lynch target ATM and KWK is currently in the pool of needs to be pressured but not necessarily lynched.

KwK's case pretty much tears down why Ran's pushes were bad and it's fair enough, i'll wait to see what Ranmaru has to respond with. However it doesn't answer what I see as the biggest piece of the puzzle, why would Ranmaru push in the way he did? He was not in a position where as scum he'd need to do much yet he put his neck on the line to push away from Bardull. KwK, can you do me a favor and answer the other stuff in Ran's 2110?

I'll look at Ran's responses to me later.

"Look guys! Dabuz is saying a whole bunch of nothing!"

"But there... w-words there."

"But they're not creative words! Take a look at his stances and opinions!"

"There are none."

@ Dabuz Dabuz I'll answer Ran's questions if you think long and hard about the things you're not sure about this post and come to a conclusion about them. Deal?

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
@ Dabuz Dabuz

What exactly do you want me to talk about? :confused:

"I LIKE Gheb! He's so willing to WORK WITH and TALK TO other PEOPLE!"

"But wait! Have another look!"

Do you agree/ disagree with what I said? Think i'm hitting the mark in terms of how i'm reading the slots, especially wrt to looking to find the intent to push away from Bardull and towards Nabe/ KwK? Basically i'm just looking to bounce the thoughts off of you.
"Take a look at these questions!"

No, he won't. You've not learned anything from Tranquility, Gorf?

:thumbsdown:

The only question you've even asked was why scumRan would save townBardull and there's a whole bunch of reasons for that.

What garbage.

None of your business.

Are you being belligerently anti town on purpose or something?
No, I am just capable of using my brain.

"NEVERMIND!"

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Why do people want to cop MC?

The way I see it, they cleverly found a combo of abilities that allows them, without fail, to confirm any and all abilities they want to AND prove they're not sending in a Night Kill.

You could say it's WIFOM to call that town, and that would be fair. But it's 100% not a threat because while we target them with something every Night we KNOW they aren't doing anything else with their Night Actions. Even if they are scum, it's way better to cop for their partner. Once they're alone they either won't be able to NK or won't be able to use their Level 2 Illusionist ability (and with level 1 Solider they can't even claim roleblocked on that).

Not to mention their play is town-driven too.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
i'd expect any and every legitimate townie worth their salt to read through the thread before hardbodying people 'cause you're only ruining the game by mindlessly voting for my slot when there are bigger fish to fry

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Your avoidance of Scary's wagon until it was inevitable and then saying

"Oh yeah I'd hardbody him if it came down to it (without reasoning, might I add"

is more than enough for me

BarDulL

Town Vampire
oh jeez

please read the thread. you're singling me out when i wasn't the only one willing to compromise to scary on the premise that he was:

1. null

2. if town wanted him then what else was i gonna do? be anti-town and thwart the lynch for a slot i wasn't sure about?

KwK talk to me about dabuz/gheb and why they shouldn't get bodied

btw i completely missed why MC can't kill people at night. is it because they'd be asking people to target them? it sounds like they aren't actually restricted from killing otherwise. anyway copping MC isn't a bad idea think about it a bit more.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Wow way to misinterpret me guys.

Willing to settle @ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe ? Haven't read your response yet, I'll do that when I'm not in class
@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe

Are you willing to settle on a Bardull lynch (you were aiming that direction too aye?) toDay and see what Ran claims his results to be, and worry about him then? Cuz truth be told after reading your ****, I like it, but I'd rather go off of what DSH said so that, if he is a cop, he can get a result out in the open.

Top Bottom