• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
btw i completely missed why MC can't kill people at night. is it because they'd be asking people to target them? it sounds like they aren't actually restricted from killing otherwise. anyway copping MC isn't a bad idea think about it a bit more.
So long as I am using Illusionist Level 2, I am forbidden to use any other night action. The ability restricts you from taking any other actions. It is why my level 1 is a passive.

I would expect any townie to dig through the thread and know what the player they've said they would hard body had claimed. ;)

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe

Are you willing to settle on a Bardull lynch (you were aiming that direction too aye?) toDay and see what Ran claims his results to be, and worry about him then? Cuz truth be told after reading your ****, I like it, but I'd rather go off of what DSH said so that, if he is a cop, he can get a result out in the open.
yes

BarDulL

Town Vampire
So long as I am using Illusionist Level 2, I am forbidden to use any other night action. The ability restricts you from taking any other actions. It is why my level 1 is a passive.

I would expect any townie to dig through the thread and know what the player they've said they would hard body had claimed. ;)
touché, touché

BarDulL

Town Vampire
welp, here's a final read list from me and a final approach i have for the day since a lot of people are more or less down to body me into a pulp:

1. bardull - the most pro-town bro there ever was

2. DSH - i don't see anything inherently wrong with this slot for now but don't be against questioning them when necessary.

3. KwK - man. this guy is pushing my slot and he hasn't even read the whole thread yet. zzzz.

4. MC - regardless of their role and incapacity to kill of their own accord, this slot is dangerous. their play on D2 should be accounted for and not forgotten in how things went about. also them jumping on lynches with the excuse 'i'm a soldier' is a great way for them to keep their hands clean. constantly make this slot explain themselves when necessary.

5. gorf - no idea but he shares my distrust for the MC slot so it's all gravy.

6. nabe - no comment.

7. vult - this guy is as null as a brick. like he is the biggest blank to me and he is drifting in the background. people NEED to pay attention to this slot.

8. gheb is whack

9. ran - i'm pretty sure ran is legit and people need to get off his back lol. well just wait for tomorrow to see what he claims.

10. dabuz - i'm pretty sure this dude is scum. he jumps aboard wagons but never spear heads anything and has ****ty reasoning to support his routes of distaste. if i get lynched...body this slot as hard as one possibly can.

Vote: Dabuz

i'm more or less not against compromising to dabuz/MC/gheb/vult/KwK. but i'm pretty sure if all these players get lynched it'll be gg.

if the thread needs me just tag me

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I reread D2 because I couldn't sleep. Before I go to bed:

J is town, Ran is town, Dabuz is still town. Gheb is town ish

KwK is town a little bit for giving a good push on the scary wagon when he really didn't have to. Even though it did look like he was trying to stall his claim.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
welp, here's a final read list from me and a final approach i have for the day since a lot of people are more or less down to body me into a pulp:

1. bardull - the most pro-town bro there ever was

2. DSH - i don't see anything inherently wrong with this slot for now but don't be against questioning them when necessary.

3. KwK - man. this guy is pushing my slot and he hasn't even read the whole thread yet. zzzz.

4. MC - regardless of their role and incapacity to kill of their own accord, this slot is dangerous. their play on D2 should be accounted for and not forgotten in how things went about. also them jumping on lynches with the excuse 'i'm a soldier' is a great way for them to keep their hands clean. constantly make this slot explain themselves when necessary.

5. gorf - no idea but he shares my distrust for the MC slot so it's all gravy.

6. nabe - no comment.

7. vult - this guy is as null as a brick. like he is the biggest blank to me and he is drifting in the background. people NEED to pay attention to this slot.

8. gheb is whack

9. ran - i'm pretty sure ran is legit and people need to get off his back lol. well just wait for tomorrow to see what he claims.

10. dabuz - i'm pretty sure this dude is scum. he jumps aboard wagons but never spear heads anything and has ****ty reasoning to support his routes of distaste. if i get lynched...body this slot as hard as one possibly can.

Vote: Dabuz

i'm more or less not against compromising to dabuz/MC/gheb/vult/KwK. but i'm pretty sure if all these players get lynched it'll be gg.

if the thread needs me just tag me
Can I get a full claim from you to help judge who me and Joey want to look at?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
i'm a double voter that gets vote blocked and role blocked if i lynch scum. i'm 'mewt,' the prince of ivalice dude from FFT. i can also cast 'unspell' as my chosen ability. hbw targeted gheb n1, i targeted vult n2. i was not told if my ability succeeded.
this is my claim

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I mean considering that you thought I held MC as Town a few pages after I express some doubt about his alignment, and also considering that you continue whining about my activity rather than respond to my posts (esp the one where I question you directly), I would say you should be the last person to suggest that people need to "pay attention" to my slot.

I noticed how you've clung a vote to me and picked me for your Night action, a player whom you identify as null read, for most of the Day and only now change it even though you've had MC as scum because of D2 reasons and Dabuz as scum for reason that appear to trace back to D2 and perhaps D1.

Can you tell me more about how not spearheading lynches = scummy and also what about Dabuz's reasoning has been "****ty"?

Also can you tell me how you have "no comment" on Nabe nor identify him as a scumread even though previously in the thread you said you were "99% sure" he was lying about being doomed?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Why do people want to cop MC?

The way I see it, they cleverly found a combo of abilities that allows them, without fail, to confirm any and all abilities they want to AND prove they're not sending in a Night Kill.

You could say it's WIFOM to call that town, and that would be fair. But it's 100% not a threat because while we target them with something every Night we KNOW they aren't doing anything else with their Night Actions. Even if they are scum, it's way better to cop for their partner. Once they're alone they either won't be able to NK or won't be able to use their Level 2 Illusionist ability (and with level 1 Solider they can't even claim roleblocked on that).

Not to mention their play is town-driven too.
While you raise a good point about their level 2 once they are the only scum, it also can be a liability late game, say the game is at 5 people, 3 town 2 scum, OS uses his level 2 and a townie targets him, well now scum can lynch that townie and win the game.

Anyway, i'm ready to end this Day with a Bardull lynch.

@Mod: Request Votecount

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
What bearing does that have on anything? You know, KNOW that my ability will go off. Every night. I cannot be role blocked. Every townie in the game will know what happens if they target me. If they have no better action, they can abstain in a LyLo situation.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
While you raise a good point about their level 2 once they are the only scum, it also can be a liability late game, say the game is at 5 people, 3 town 2 scum, OS uses his level 2 and a townie targets him, well now scum can lynch that townie and win the game.

Anyway, i'm ready to end this Day with a Bardull lynch.

@Mod: Request Votecount
What kind of townie would target them in LyLo?

Now you're just fishing for reasons to distrust MC

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
I mean considering that you thought I held MC as Town a few pages after I express some doubt about his alignment, and also considering that you continue whining about my activity rather than respond to my posts (esp the one where I question you directly), I would say you should be the last person to suggest that people need to "pay attention" to my slot.

I noticed how you've clung a vote to me and picked me for your Night action, a player whom you identify as null read, for most of the Day and only now change it even though you've had MC as scum because of D2 reasons and Dabuz as scum for reason that appear to trace back to D2 and perhaps D1.

Can you tell me more about how not spearheading lynches = scummy and also what about Dabuz's reasoning has been "****ty"?

Also can you tell me how you have "no comment" on Nabe nor identify him as a scumread even though previously in the thread you said you were "99% sure" he was lying about being doomed?
Why are you asking Bardull all these questions?

Do you expect it to sway your view of him? You seem pretty confident in your vote and these questions all look rhetorical

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Why are you asking Bardull all these questions?

Do you expect it to sway your view of him? You seem pretty confident in your vote and these questions all look rhetorical
I don't expect it to, but I've been impressed by the way players have answered my questions before. It's possible I've overlooked something, but he has said and done so many inconsistent things that I do feel fairly confident.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
hmmm alright here we go.

i can't be bothered to bring up posts (tired/school johns) but there were times where you liked MC and expressed that you felt MC was town on D1/D2. what's interesting though is that in the second post you link you seem to express that you feel MC isn't scummy per se, so i'm not sure how that equates to 'expressing doubt about his alignment. so what's your point? is there a point?' as for 'whining,' whether or not you appreciate my call outs, you haven't been as much of a presence in the thread as anyone else throughout the game sans the WL slot that has gotten more invested in recent memory. i feel like you've never actually gotten your hands dirty or had any big interactions that have stuck out to me. you've pretty much been an empty presence drifting in and out to me.

as for why i did not answer your question about nabe, i did not answer it on the premise that i felt the question could either be answered by reading the thread, or i felt that the question lacked substance/merit since it was well established by that point that Nabe wasn't going to be lynched (this was made evident by common dissent in the thread with respect to a Nabe push).

what is the implication of this paragraph? say what you mean.

dabuz not pushing his own stuff makes it seem to me like he's just riding coat tails. his reasoning hasn't really been on point either and it just seems like he's trying to come up with stuff to incriminate specific slots, like mine, i.e. 'mewt seems like he'd be aligned with scum,' which essentially means he's trying to outguess the mod when mewt is not actually scum in this set up (for the record mewt is a delusion child who doesn't want to face reality, but that doesn't necessarily make him a 'bad guy' per se.) there's also his not very well thought out tangents, i.e. 'well if bardull flips town why would scum ran be trying to protect bardull' but he doesn't actually think about the plausibility of ran being scum trying to look good on my flip. it just seems like he's trying to find a way to get me lynched but isn't actually thinking very hard about this case.

the act of lying about doom doesn't implicate him of being scum, i've said it before, it's how he did it that raises questions. but even if i have nothing to say on nabe that i haven't already said before, what does it matter? what good is it to even talk about the slot when we'll know more as toMorrow comes? he's not being lynched toDay so there is nothing of merit to discuss his slot.

frankly i don't get why you think i'm scum or why you're pushing for my lynch. it would be lovely if you'd present a case.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Meh, not much to comment on. Still thinking we shouldn't let claims affect our lynch choices. Bardull and Ran are clearly the best lynches toDay and I'm mainly waiting for that lynch to happen. Like yesterDay, I think we need to see a flip right about now.

:059:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
You fags wanna dive into wifom? Well you better hold your breath cuz here I go:

MCscum would choose provable abilities to give himself credit. ****ing duh. Why was ****ing scary a priest? Cuz scum doesn't often protect and cuz lol town dumb when it comes to claims. But we lynched his scummy ass and he was a priest. Roles mean literally NOTHING this game. Him proving he didn't send in the kill means nothing, is that unclear to everyone? Look at his defense of JD D1. He wanted to prove his priestlihood and said if his protect works, we shouldn't lynch him. Why would scum MC do that? Well look at who his partner is if he IS scum. A mother ****ing priest. Coincidence? Maybe. Wifom? Yes so it's not a point of contingency in calling em scum, but it certainly proves why he deserves NOT to be discounted.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I don't give a mother **** about illusionist lv 2 btw. We're either NOT lynching Ran toMorrow or we're totally lynching his ass lol

Btw if there is a real cop out there g shiz keeping it on the DL if Ran sprouts a guilty though n you exist you should totally CC then so we don't possibly ML via follow the cop.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
You people who dodge censors wanna dive into wifom? Well you better hold your breath cuz here I go:

MCscum would choose provable abilities to give himself credit. ****ing duh. Why was ****ing scary a priest? Cuz scum doesn't often protect and cuz lol town dumb when it comes to claims. But we lynched his scummy *** and he was a priest. Roles mean literally NOTHING this game. Him proving he didn't send in the kill means nothing, is that unclear to everyone? Look at his defense of JD D1. He wanted to prove his priestlihood and said if his protect works, we shouldn't lynch him. Why would scum MC do that? Well look at who his partner is if he IS scum. A mother ****ing priest. Coincidence? Maybe. Wifom? Yes so it's not a point of contingency in calling em scum, but it certainly proves why he deserves NOT to be discounted.

OS here, skimmed thread and was insulted by this.

If I were scum I'd have chosen level 1 illusionist to make everyone one less to lynch for two of scum. With 13 players, it takes 7 to lynch! Lynch townie, no immediate Night Kill, with 12 players it takes 7 to lynch. -2. 5 to lynch.

two illusionists would be level 2 templar. Takes 5 to lynch.

Other scum would be level 1 archer and level 2 assassin.

Level 2 assassin doesn't require you to be alive, only that you will die if your target dies from the ability (!).

I would use boost on the NKill for N4 and level 2 assassin on N5. N4's NKill would occur on N4 as normal.

With 5 to lynch, with three people voting for anyone a single person on scum could alpha if need be, but unlikely.

D3, no nkill, with 11 players it takes 6 to lynch. Minus two is four. Assume scum was on lynch and one DV was voteblocked.

D4, With 10 it takes 6 to lynch, minus two is 4. Scum can easily put down a single vote on someone undetected, then alpha with a DV.

Suddenly 4 NKills occur! With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch, minus 2 is 2. Other double voter alphas, two more NKills brings 4 remaining. With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch minus 2 is 1, scum alphas and doesn't need to NKill anymore.

There's so many cool scum combinations, "reflect" from a priest doesn't really fit very well into any of them.

Agree with my head. If I was gonna cop someone it'd probably be Gheb, Gorf, or Bardull as they give the most connections. I am interested in what Ranmaru comes back with though, because if he's like "I got a mafia result vote carnage" then it's a free scum kill on Ranmaru even if we're lynched. Regardless we can't physically send in a NKill because we're unable to use any other actions, so if he does I'd be ecstatic at the possibility of just lynching him instead and letting someone else carry our vote.

back to work >_>

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm here but a quick hit:

I really don't think OS is scum. I find his play too methodical in the town sense. It's WIFOM but their logic is sound and I can't refute it at the current time even if I wanted to call them scum. Plus the odds are in their favor, personally, for them being town rather than scum. He also does not hold the current links to be scum this game. If he was scum and did flip, his partners would be too easy to find based on him holding all his cards open this game. Only like two cards are being held back and for good reason from what I can garner. In turn, with OS being town, I have Nabe as a stronger town read as well based on their argument. If I were to lynch out of the two....actually why am I putting myself up to that ultimatum? I wouldn't lynch either at the current time and would actually lynch quite a good chunk of the cast. If Nabe lives past his Doom expiration date, he is dead. Otherwise, yeah those two can live for now.

Also I may be being a tad daft, but was I the only one who got a RanTown read based on the things presented to everyone? Him having an "extra" PR makes sense with his play honestly, but until his results are proven wrong then welp. Going to just read now that I am in front of a computer for a good hour or so.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
A number of people haven't commented on my reasoning for Ran being scum, despite me expressing that it's conclusive. Notables are J and Gheb, who voted alongside the wagon without a stance on the strength of my reasoning, or seemingly for any reason but the momentum caused by my push and doublevote.
Based on your wording and wanting to bring this up, it sounds like you have a problem with this? I am not going to deny it like Gheb because I did vote Ranmaru, purely, on momentum and pushing him. He has been a very strong null of mine for a while and saw an opportunity to engage my read on him with a little push.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
It may be a fleeting thought, but I am actually beginning to not feel opposed to lynching Gheb on connections to Scary. He's become...different from D1 even if ever so subtly.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
semantics aside, you're saying that marshy bodied ditzy to protect scary from getting bodied. i'm saying that you're grasping at straws and it's not true, but you're not listening. you want my slot to fit perfectly into this equation of yours but you're not considering the alternatives. i can only surmise that you're tunneling me as a result, and you are. there is literally no point in interacting with you or having these back and forths while you're in this kind of mindset; when we're both at a clear-cut impasse and nothing gets accomplished other than a thread suffocating at the whim of our discretion.
I am going to re-requote my reasoning against Marshy, one final time.

J said:
Their push against Ditzy was completely unsubstantiated besides overblown hatred towards certain posts saying "LOOK AT HOW SCUMMY THIS IS." which makes me ponder. Marshy always has a reason for wanting to lynch people plus him challenging me to let him just run do his thing. Marshy was more concentrated on lynching someone, not finding scum. That's a huge part of this. His play isn't scumhunting, just looking at who the nearest able lynch was and who he could get away with pushing without much response or question. I would also like to bring up his constant buddying of me/Gorf and others but not questioning things besides "shut up and listen" which doesn't hold much of anything at all. Before people even bring up the notion of "lol that's just marshy.", you are correct in saying that this is "just marshy" but this is the marshy from Scott Pilgrim and DeadPool mafia. Look at the reasoning behind his push besides just lynching Ditzy to lynch him because he was "easy" and not because he actually found him scummy. He never even considered other sides of the argument when posts were brought up and continued on his tunnel-vision towards slots. I would care to also bring up his satiating of MC so that MC would not be looking at him, for at least a couple days, because MC would not lynch people he feels he could manipulate into getting what he wants. (hence case, D1 his feel on Scary would be an easy example)

What I want people to get out of this and question towards this slot is: Look at his methods and look at what is Marshy's end-goal towards the Ditzy lynch.
I never said this, anywhere.

Bardull said:
you're saying that marshy bodied ditzy to protect scary from getting bodied
I never brought up Scary in this read at all when talking about his Ditzy push. My main reason for dislking Marshy's play was even isolated at the bottom of the read to say: What was Marshy's end-goal in lynching Ditzy? His end-goal, in what I thought, is that he wanted to lynch Ditzy, just to lynch Ditzy and not because he had a scum-read on that slot. He presented no evidence as to why he should be lynched and also just flexed his charisma to get that lynch. You bring up that I am tunneling you, but I am not. I am merely asking you to respond to what I have said and not mistake what I have said multiple times. I have brought this to your attention quite a bit that you are not listening to my reasonings as to what exactly I find scummy about your slot which makes me believe that you are choosing to "ignore" what I have and try and skate by without having to truly respond to anything or any of the questions I brought about afterwards in an attempt to just get away with what you are not doing.

You say I am just tunneling but I do not think you truly believe that and are more so saying that because you want to make my push on you seem like a less coherent push and that of a frothing person who isn't looking at your from different angles and not being fair to you. I am trying to be fair to you but you are making it incredulously hard to do so by continuously not responding to things presented at you and trying to misinterpret what I have said.

You are not even trying to push me or necessarily correct things I have presented to you, but instead play this "devil's adovcate" of "this is wasting town's time" or *rephrased* "We should just agree to disagree", which I don't like.

Bardull said:
personally, i feel that instead of us having these back and forths, we should be talking to people in the background, outing more avenues of approach, and so on and so forth. that's essentially what i've been trying to do d2 and d3 wrt Swiss/Vult, whom whose slots have been a huge blank to us, Swiss less recently as a result of KWK.
Finally, if you had truly felt this way: Why have you not done this yourself? Instead you have faded to the background and continue to post "welp gg" and a reads list that did not even hold much info for town to absorb even if you are town. You say you have been trying to push "Swiss/Vult" but you have only had one real post of pushing and that was at the beginning of the dayphase. Even at the beginning of the dayphase, the only reason you are pushing them is because they are inactive. You aren't even looking at any other avenues as to who anyone else is looking at. During the Ran debate, you had him as town and left him at that. How did that affect your Nabe read? You say you are okay with Gheb/MC going, why?

I mean you are saying things that a towny should say but you are not doing things a towny would do.

With this, I am putting my vote back on you.

Vote: Bardull

If you are town, I'm sorry and I'll apologize more formally after the game, but at this intersection your lynch will be the best.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Good enough answer for me.

I don't see why Ranmaru should cop Gorf. Right now Gorf is voteless and considering he has been for 3 days, nothing suggests he will gain a vote. What this means is that even as scum, Gorf has pretty much no thread control so knowing his alignment is less valuable than knowing anyone else's alignment. Ranmaru "copping" anyone (planning under the assumption his claim is real) gives us an alignment reveal on a slot with flat out more thread power which will be more useful for town.
I am seriously flipping tables at people who have a scum-read on this slot. I mean, are you kidding me?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Okay I need to just see flips at this point. I keep forgetting we are also getting Acro's but if we have both of them flip town: we are in some trouble by a numbers standpoint. I am thinking for a large this size isn't the usual amount of scum 4? Even with one scum-lynch and it being D3: meh.

Ryker-chan: Stop being a boob and holding me at arm's length. Love me. I want you, not OS, to talk about Gheb the next time you are in here if the dayphase is still up.

Anyways this maaaaaay be my "last" post before the end of the dayphase since the play is opening tonight and runs through the weekend.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
J's recent posts seem to restore some of the lost faith I had in him. Makes me wonder why he is doing this work now.

J, can you go into a little more into your null on me all game? Was it mostly meta that your null was coming from then?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I've been doing work all game haha.

Null because you had nothing that stood out to me as "town" or "scum". Basically to put things bluntly....your play was boring.

Top Bottom