• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Do you agree/ disagree with what I said? Think i'm hitting the mark in terms of how i'm reading the slots, especially wrt to looking to find the intent to push away from Bardull and towards Nabe/ KwK? Basically i'm just looking to bounce the thoughts off of you.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Honestly guys... We're 11/13 players in, with 1 scum and 1 townie off. Why aren't we lynching the guy who will be modkilled by the end of the Day, possibly giving scum 2 Nights, even if people have a town read on em? If omni were here this Day would have ended a WHILE ago.

Look, I'm not saying abandon your scum reads, but acro is getting mod killed ain't he? What if we ML toDay and Acro's town? We have 2 dead townies and 2 Nights to deal with it. Has this just not crossed anyone's mind?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well, this wagon on me doesn't seem to be shaking off, and deadline is in three days. It's time to claim. I am Marche Radiuju - Town Protagonist. I'm the cop. I am one-shot. Now you know why I played the way I played. Glyph was playing it safe, while I expiremented. My only mistakes was talking too much about things I should have brought up later. For example, talking to Gorf about my suspicions on MC/Nabe when I should have left it inside myself. MC was one of the people I considered investigating.

You see, I was quiet to keep myself from getting so much attention on myself, as I am the cop. Yet, I tried to still show my thought process. D2 I gave three scumreads: Marshy, Scary, and Acrostic. Of course, I have recently been re-evaluating my read on Bardull But yet, J still had me as null the whole time. He called me an odd duck this game, and said I was not doing enough work. WELL. I have then showed my work, and look at how he treats me. He totally ignores my push on Nabe, and tries to push onto Bardull without even using a case.

Nabe and J have been angling for my push for a while now. Usually they would say "Ran, you are being really hostile" as if I haven't been that way before. Nabe poked at me a few times, and this only happened I called out his weird play, which is still there.

Town reads: Dabuz and Gorf. Ryu is concerning me, but I'll leave him as null to give him the benefit of the doubt (which no one has really given me)

No one has been throwing me a bone or even considering stating who they'd look at if I were to flip scum/town. There have been plenty of reasonless votes that didn't give me a chance to defend. For example, look at J voting me without reason and ****ting on me "Oh hey I guess you didn't care about that thing I did which didn't actually help at all, just a re-hash while I don't answer your other questions".

Gheb is another concerning factor entirely.

Now here is another question. What did J do that made Ryu cool with him, while J was roleblocked? (Hopefully nothing inappropriate xD )

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
How did I expirement? I made two cases: Nabe and KwK. I just wanted to make cases on those I wanted to investigate, to gain reactions to the cases so I could get more information along with targeting them. I put too much time into this game and it even cost me a paper grade. (My fault)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, I got this deep fear of a cult possibly being in this game. This is only because Gheb is slightly suspicious as well, because he seems to be calling out for things he usually doesn't believe in. He doesn't like to get on wagons that are dumb, yet is calling for Bardull's lynch without any rhyme or reason to it.

This is also due to Ryu acting all weird on me ALL DAY. He brought up the 'switch on ryu' thing for no reason, but to start to put doubt on me. I responded to that and he never gave a response. Remember he had me as a town read, and I generally town read him yesterDay.

It's funny how people are pushing Bardull for 'avoiding scary' when Nabe and Ryu avoided Scary as well.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Another key thing to note:

J started the Scary wagon, but didn't push it as consistently as I did. He lurked and let his town read jd DIE. (He said he would defend his town reads to marshy) At first I thought "Maybe J might be waiting to have some fuel for Marshy if and when Marshy turns out to be scum" as J did catch him in Jerkusmafia. (And we killed him n1 for it) But J continued this trend. So, scary didn't get lynched D1 because J just lurked it out, as he did on D2. He put his vote on Scary because "Oh my vote should be on him" sometime mid-day. Eventually after a long as time Scary got lynched. People let that cred get to their heads and let J push a Bardull lynch WITHOUT REASONING OR A CASE.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Another thing:

I originally asked Nabe for his read on me to know what he was thinking of doing with me. He had a town-lean on D1 but it changed to 'null' (iicr). I was considering abstaining from using my role since I would not want to be roleblocked, and guess what. I was roleblocked.

Although, I only considered this because I thought "If ryker is scum, I have to be careful with how I use my NA's" and asked Nabe for that.

This also lines up with my suspicion on Nabe. He was angling to **** on me from the start, as he was poking at my behavior being weird, multiple times. (Which I ignored)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't know what else to say. I can't be in the thread too long as I have a late paper to make.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The only people I want to keep are Dabuz, BardulL, and possibly MC/Vult but they are just question marks. MC I know can impact the game and ryker has seemed to be reading.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Forgot to include Gorf. Mah bad. Totally a bro. I mean he's real talk.

Also interested in the Acro slot actually being here but, he's in modkillland.

Otherwise I think the rest of town is really frickin anti-town. Reasonless votes (which I showed).

I tried my best to show that I am town, but people kept me at null. (For not doing enough work) Playing as cop is hard. (This is only my second time)

Sorry for the bad play @DtJ Glyphmoney.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Anyways, I'm going to head out to the gym now. I'll be back later to just answer q's because paper wise, I am on borrowed time.

S'all Good Man

Ranmaru|Vinyl.
Nobody yet. I'm one shot, so I was waiting for more info. Originally planned for N2 MC but I abstained again.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No, he won't. You've not learned anything from Tranquility, Gorf?

Honestly guys... We're 11/13 players in, with 1 scum and 1 townie off. Why aren't we lynching the guy who will be modkilled by the end of the Day, possibly giving scum 2 Nights, even if people have a town read on em? If omni were here this Day would have ended a WHILE ago.

Look, I'm not saying abandon your scum reads, but acro is getting mod killed ain't he? What if we ML toDay and Acro's town? We have 2 dead townies and 2 Nights to deal with it. Has this just not crossed anyone's mind?
:thumbsdown:

:059:

#HBC | Gorf

mod said:
ROLEBLOCKING IS PROHIBITED
To all my protective roles out there:

PROTECT RANMARU TONIGHT. HE WILL INVESTIGATE CARNAGE GOING INTO TOMORROW, A SLOT THAT, I'M SORRY, BUT NOBODY SHOULD BE FEELING COMFORTABLE WITH AT THIS POINT.

To town:

LYNCH. ****ING. ACROSTIC. WE CAN NOT AFFORD TO LOSE A MOTHER ****ING DAY. DON'T ****ING WORRY ABOUT MOTHER ****ING BARDULL. IF CARNAGE COMES UP TOWN, I WILL GLADLY AID IN THE LYNCHING OF HIS SLOT. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GORF. LYNCH. ****ING. ACROSTIC.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Do you agree/ disagree with what I said? Think i'm hitting the mark in terms of how i'm reading the slots, especially wrt to looking to find the intent to push away from Bardull and towards Nabe/ KwK? Basically i'm just looking to bounce the thoughts off of you.
The only question you've even asked was why scumRan would save townBardull and there's a whole bunch of reasons for that.

:059:

#HBC | Gorf

Why is this a good idea, Gorf?

We're in a 14 (sorry for my previous flub) man game with 12 left, and 1 scum dead. THIS IS A GOOD POSITION TO BE IN. We will lynch Acrostic in order to safely ensure a toMorrow. We will have Ranmaru investigate Carnage. If Ran reports Carnage as guilty, great! We lynch him, and act according to his flip, obviously lynching Ran if Carnage is town. If Ran reports Carnage as inno, great! We have a confirmed townie on our hands, or Ran is pulling the most ballskin-over-face crazy gambit I've ever seen in my life. But just think about that slot's play. Ran as a good PR is probably the best way to describe it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He's only starting to post alot more now that my claim is out.

Also, someone cheering me and giving me more shots would be cool too.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
:c

Relevant: My results come as 'Mafia' or 'Not Mafia'.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I'm not sure dayskip via modkill via no replacement is a good reason to punish the Town? Like if the slot were deliberately cheating, sure, but I think this could very well fall under the "exceptions" case according to the ruleset.

I would agree that double night is something to avoid. If we don't have a chance to reconvene after a night phase we could lose out on a ton of information.

On the other hand I don't remember townreading that slot and this wouldn't apply at all if he flipped scum.

#HBC | Gorf

@mod @ Gova Gova would we skip the Day phase toMorrow if Acrostic's modkilled and is town?

Of course it wouldn't apply if he flips scum. But unless you've got some result you'd like to share, we have no way of knowing. I don't wanna hear anybody talking about reading the slot as scummy, this is a situation where town is severely punished if we misread him. I won't take that risk, and I sure as hell hope nobody else does. That being said, if it doesn't have any effect on the phasing, well then sure I don't really mind letting em get modkilled. But I doubt that's the case.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vult, what do you think of the list Gheb has given from the roleblocks? Who do you think is scum from within it and why?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Unvote

Well that explains Ranmaru. I will slaughter him, however, for him saying he pushed the scary lynch more then me. In class taking a test so brb later.

Top Bottom