• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination making a return?

While I would certainly want Final Destination to be back (the same style but maybe some visual alterations), you could always just make your own with the Stage Builder.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
We're bringing back this old thread? Oh well. I assume that we'll see Final Destination again, in one form or another, but like the above-poster said, there's always Stage Builder.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I definitely hope that that arena from SE will be the new FD, I like the color and style MUCH better, plus you get a huge stadium of fans FOR FREE

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I definitely hope that that arena from SE will be the new FD, I like the color and style MUCH better, plus you get a huge stadium of fans FOR FREE
Yeah, it would be cool if they put a bunch of characters from old games in the crowd and maybe some Mii's mainly because Nintendo's been cramming them into every game they could lately.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
yeah i would think it should be in- its a great final level for their 1 player mode

Yeah I figure that the explosion carried it off into subspace, and at somepoint in the plot they will travel into Subspace, and they will find the arena and be like "waaaiiit" then Minister appears explains his plans (monologing) then you beat him and its either over or there is someone else pulling the string/Minister true form

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
We already have the animal crossing stage that doesn't have any effects besides the Saturday show at 8:00 PM. I guess it'll come back in another form, but I don't see the need, unless the animal crossing stage actually gets some hazards.

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
yea i think that final destination will return cause it was by far the best and most used stage for tourneys and by people. Also i hope at least one 64 stage returns since they have had so long to make the games and it can hold so much stuff =) we will see

Fossilized Ursidae

Smash Apprentice
Here's my post from the Master Hand stage thread:

I'd like to see the final destination in brawl have three different textures. One would be from 64, one from melee, and a new lively version like battlefield has. One texture would be used in classic, one in adventure, and one in all star. Of course when you play on FD in versus mode it randomly picks one of the three. This would make FD alot more interesting, but not change the simpleness in design that if offers.

Edit: whoah, Smashplayer16 and I think alike.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Well. if Classic Mode is the same as alwase. It'd be hard to go from a mountain Landscape to a Stadium fighting a hand. Ima say FD returns. I doubt the Stadium will be playable. if it is. its going to be Final Destination. if not New Final Destination is gonna own so hard. 100 event matches anyone?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Of course Final Destination's coming back... that's what Stage Builder's for, silly! lol.

But in all seriousness, I don't see a reason why Final Destination wouldn't be back. Maybe not the name, but as a stage itself, of course.

Iris

Smash Ace
Don't really care if it comes back or not. If it doesn't, there's always stage builder. How hard can it be to make?

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
i dont know, im pretty sure it will be back with a fancy new look i hope so, i also hope they bring some stages from the past games, such as hyrule temple or star for ship from 64 game

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I'll say not only yes, but I think it'll be the Stadium from Subspace Emissary.

finalark

SNORLAX
If Master/Crazy hand are the Final Bosses in Classic again (which I have no doubt) then what ever stage you fight them on will probably be unlockable.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
Don't really care if it comes back or not. If it doesn't, there's always stage builder. How hard can it be to make?
I don't know... In my opinion, it'd be pretty hard.
I tried to draw it on Microsoft Paint once, and it turned out as >this<.

Anyway, I'd LOVE to see a new Final Destination in the game: the same flat layout, but with a cooler background.
I don't know what the background would be like; it could be fallen ruins, or different stages that you played on throughout the game (of course, the stages would only be backgrounds). An audience might even be cool.
My guess is that Final Destination will be the stage from Subspace Emissary, though.

TengenToppaDrill

Smash Apprentice
Your mom's house... Calgary Alberta, Canada, Earth
I don't know... In my opinion, it'd be pretty hard.
I tried to draw it on Microsoft Paint once, and it turned out as >this<.

Anyway, I'd LOVE to see a new Final Destination in the game: the same flat layout, but with a cooler background.
I don't know what the background would be like; it could be fallen ruins, or different stages that you played on throughout the game (of course, the stages would only be backgrounds). An audience might even be cool.
My guess is that Final Destination will be the stage from Subspace Emissary, though.
Did you REALLY draw that. *shivers* Final Destination has always been my favorite stage. It is the ultimate showdown of strength and I have always adored the spectacular background. Is it me or is the last part of Final Destination (with all the grass) SSBB's Battlefield?

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
The stadium shown in the SSE videos could be the new FD, but remember that that stadium gets traped into the subspace itself, so is very likely that we'll see later a darkfied/subspaced version of the stadium, and I also think that It'd be the place where you have your final battle. Also Melee's FD is a lot "subspace themed" and it could make a conection, but I think the subspaced version of the stadium is more likely

Kruton

Smash Ace
With the Melee Stages update, there is no doubt in my mind, if there ever was, that FinalD is returning to Brawl, but most likely in an updated fashion, like Battlefield.

They really could do anything to make Final D visually amusing. Since it's so neutral, it will probably have a basic theme like Battlefield, but still unique from all stages.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
There will be a FInal Destination type stage. Every time you fight Master Hand in either Melee or even the N64, it was just a flat stage.

Grod

Smash Apprentice
It will definitely come back, either in some completely new form like Battlefield, or in the SSE stadium form. I would enjoy both.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
it will be back, there's no doubt in my mind, but even if it's not it could be easily recreated with the build a stage feature (if you do it that way you can also change the way the bottom of the stage is which affects what you can grapple, also u can choose different backgrounds to use).

Top Bottom