• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination making a return?

nrozich

Smash Cadet
I hope it does, it was one the most basic but fun stages. The design was decent and had a sort of cool feel to it. What do you guys think?

Tony_

Smash Ace
The first game DID NOT HAVE A FINAL DESTINATION. That was battlefield.

FD should NOT return to Brawl. It has no reason TO return.

Rash

Smash Ace
Final Destination shouldn't come back. If they're going to put in a flat stage like that, it should just be the one that's tailored specifically for this game, i.e. the stadium from SE.

STEREO_226

Smash Apprentice
The first game DID NOT HAVE A FINAL DESTINATION. That was battlefield.

FD should NOT return to Brawl. It has no reason TO return.
SSB does have a Final Destination, its when you fight Master Hand at the end of classic mode/story mode you just cant do it in vs. mode.

Kruton

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, it will be in it. They need some flat, basic stage with no hazards, definitely.

cena_wolf

Smash Journeyman
The stadium from The Subspace Emissary seems like a good candidate for the new FD, but it's not likely it will be. I mean, from what I read, Petey will be the first Boss in TSE, right? So why show that particular stage off early? Just a theory.

nrozich

Smash Cadet
Why wouldn't Sakurai have this stage. IMO we've already seen Final Destination and It's a stadium.
I highly doubt that the stage in the Subspace Emissionary is FD. If anything, that's probably the stage where you practice the just released Sandbag (for brawl). Final destination will be probably be revealed a lot later. Not saying your wrong, just my opinion. And yes, FD should most definitely return.

Talendime

Smash Ace
I think they should make a new kind of Final Destination. The one in Melee was kind of corny.. but I still like it.

The one from the original SSB was nice too.
Either way, I'm just hoping for something new.

McD

Smash Journeyman
I think they should make a new kind of Final Destination. The one in Melee was kind of corny.. but I still like it.

The one from the original SSB was nice too.
Either way, I'm just hoping for something new.
For sure, with the way the stages are set up now, it'd be amazing
I mean, Battlefield has like, crazy neon looking lights all through it
Loos awsome, Imagine FD Again!!
AGREED!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
There are already SOO many basic looking stages in Brawl, and so I kind of want FD to have terrible hazards. Like Master Hand as a hazard. Basic FD is overrated and gives a large advantage to many projectile characters.

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
Final Destination should be in Brawl without a doubt. It should remain the way it has been. No hazards. That's the point of the stage. It's supposed to be a pure fight without distractions.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Given the whole subspace bomb engulfing the area, it creates a nearly perfect circular area that gets sucked into the Subspace. Which to me seems like it would be a perfect replacement for Final Destination, especially as it doesn't appear that master Hand will be playing quite as large a role this time, if any. Have we even seen it once, or gotten any sort of hint that this time around they're all be controlled by the kid playing with his toys? Cause the whole subspace emissary mode makes it seem a lot more organic and real to me than some kid's imagination...

:034:

Smash Hero
If Final Destination returns, will it have a Greek/Roman style like SSBB Battlefield? After all, Battlefield and Final Destination have been alike in the previous two games. I think it'd be cool to see fallen angels and rising demons on the background of this stage (it's the FINAL Destination after all).

Johivin

Smash Rookie
They do have a FD type stage in Bridge of Eldin, except for the random destruction of the stage by King Bulbous(sp?).

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
There are already SOO many basic looking stages in Brawl, and so I kind of want FD to have terrible hazards. Like Master Hand as a hazard. Basic FD is overrated and gives a large advantage to many projectile characters.
Bridge of Eldin says 'hi'

PeeP

Smash Apprentice
FD is awesome i soooooo hope it is in brawl again. I do hope its re-vamped though like battlefield.

FD FOR BRAWL

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
FD and BF go hand in hand. The way I looked at it Metal Mario was like a mini boss before getting to Master Hand. Since we have seen BF get remade with a brighter more modern look, FD is almost guaranteed to get the same treatment.

Talendime

Smash Ace
The Battlefield from the original wasn't where you fought Metal Mario, it was where you fought all the polygons.
It has the exact same layout as it does in Melee and Brawl....

Top Bottom