• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination making a return?

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I think Final Destination should return as a playable character. That would be pretty sweet.

At any rate, I'm pretty indifferent. You can create a stage essentially identical to FD with stage builder in under 2 minutes - so if you want to play on it, no worries. It's not like many people like it because of the way it looks.

I do wonder, however, whether the stage builder will be available from the beginning. Hmmmm...

Akiak

Smash Ace
If it returns they should make it so that the platform doesn't stay too much in that beginning tunnel. They should make it go after like 20 seconds to the cloud part and then...how about in space?

Uberkid

Smash Rookie
oh yeah it will be back as Master Hand's level and Master Hand gets a taunt he'll do a jazzhand

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
they will have a basic flat level but thatn dosnt mean it has to be "final d"

however i think theres a good chance since its been in the past 2 games. the only reason it wouldnt would so it can be replaced with the stadium. then again, stadium can be for the end of adventure mode, and final d could be the end of classic mode. i dont like it since im samus lol (i will more tho in brawl being sonic), but i say it should come back

pablovirus

Smash Journeyman
If they remove Master Hand as the Classic mode Boss, I'm not buying this ¬¬

Maybe when the stadium is engulfed in the Subspace Bomb explosion (or whatever it's called), it becomes the new F.D (with the abstract background). I'd love to see that, just to explain how F.D. was created.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Final Destination shouldn't come back. If they're going to put in a flat stage like that, it should just be the one that's tailored specifically for this game, i.e. the stadium from SE.
That comment was pointless. Go look at the brawl website, and see the battlefield. It's COMPLETELY changed, visually.

Did it ever occur to you that thats what Brawl will do? FD will be in, just chaned to suit brawls theme.

Smash Ace
I hope it undergoes a change like Battlefield did. I've always picutred something epic.
=2007=

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Obviously it's coming back.
It was without a doubt the most played stage in Melee.
Probably will experience a great visual upgrade like Battlefield did.
Speaking of Battlefield, what would Battlefield be if it didn't have Final D to rival it?

antimatter

Smash Lord
what are we gonna do? boycott it just cause it isnt in the game? we should just accept whatever sakurai does and move on.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
It's obviously going to return, possibly remade. Sakurai even stated on the Dojo site with the melee stages returning update that a few stages will return (off topic but i hope saffron city returns). And even if it doesn't return, just make a stage of it from the stage builder...

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
I hope it does, it was one the most basic but fun stages. The design was decent and had a sort of cool feel to it. What do you guys think?
They better!!! That was the best map EVER! Next to the Temple of course..... :) But anyways Final Destination was where you just man up and throw it down!!! NO WHERE TO HIDE AND JUST PURE SKILL!!!!

S2

Smash Lord
I hope they keep it exactly the same, except with an upgraded background (essentially the same thing, but redone to look better).

There is no chance Sakurai is cutting Final D. It's simply too popular.

It'll be back in 1 form or another. Maybe it'll be slightly bigger or smaller. Perhaps it'll have a new theme and come under a different name.

But the actual design (flat stage) isn't going anywhere. Everyone likes to have at least 1 stage that is just a flat battleground.

Here is to hoping they don't change it much though, I like it the way it is (lengthwise and the way the walls under the edge work).

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
The first game DID NOT HAVE A FINAL DESTINATION. That was battlefield.

FD should NOT return to Brawl. It has no reason TO return.
He's right, there are much more plain stages in Brawl, it is unlikley and not needed for another stage that is almost like two other stages in Brawl...

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
as long as they don't make it smaller, these stages seem to be getting smaller and smaller (compare the stages that have returned from the 64 version to SSBM)

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
He's right, there are much more plain stages in Brawl, it is unlikley and not needed for another stage that is almost like two other stages in Brawl...
As someone has already said before... Smash 64 had FD. Battlefield is where you fought Metal Mario in Classic Mode. FD was where you fought the Master Hand. So... no. he's wrong.

Next, "plain" stages? From what I've seen there is not a single truly "plain" stage in Brawl aside from Battlefield. Even then, Battlefield has a relatively short base platform with 3 additional platforms above it so its actually pretty crowded. Most Smash players want to see at least one completely uneventful, flat stage to mix it up. FD is the only stage that has and will provide that.

As for changing up the look... whatever floats your boat. I just want the stage to be flat, with one platform and nothing jumping out to kill me.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
it should come back, in some shape or form. It's the most played stage in melee, and it's simple. Brawl needs more simple stages where nothing happens like battlefield, and FD is that answer.

antimatter

Smash Lord
it should come back, but sakurai seems to get his jollys from killing our dreams. remember the geno rumor from last week?

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I doubt any custom stages will be tournament legal, regardless of how flat they are, because then they'd need to regulate each case. I'd rather just have FD return, even though Battlefield looks a lot better this time around.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
I doubt any custom stages will be tournament legal, regardless of how flat they are, because then they'd need to regulate each case. I'd rather just have FD return, even though Battlefield looks a lot better this time around.
you think it'd be to hard to specifically state, 5 blocks set in the middle of the stage is legal as a stage? it wouldn't be hard to create, you'd just have to make sure we all set the same ceiling heights etc. etc. shouldn't really be a problem though

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Making it manually won't be any good, the original stage has a unique angle for the bottom walls that probably won't be able to be reproduced.

Not to mention the background in Final Destination is amazing to watch on hallucinogens.

Mario161

Smash Cadet
I dont really care. I can make my own Final Destination using the stage editor. But it is always great to have another stage so I would be fine either way.

Wii enthusiast

Smash Cadet
There are already SOO many basic looking stages in Brawl, and so I kind of want FD to have terrible hazards. Like Master Hand as a hazard. Basic FD is overrated and gives a large advantage to many projectile characters.
evr hear of using the sheild?
******* practically every stage in brawl has some hazard
i fricken hate it
Norfair is going to be the worst stage because of the stupid acid and the pillbox thing that you have to fight over
by the looks of it
we really need some plain stages and FAST

Top Bottom