• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data FINAL: Confirmed 1.0.8 Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Last edited by a moderator:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I have Sonic's old data from 1.07. I'll be able to check once I have everything updated. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So I misplaced it. I can't find the excel spreadsheet I used to record data.
So yeah. :applejack:

Luig

Confused
Hey guys, new sonic main here! Don't let the username fool you. I think the spring goes higher because spring-jump-spring double dair can auto cancel. or it might be dair having more iasa and autocancel frames. Either way, you can recover from stage height dair on omega stages now.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Homing attack feels like it does less knockback then before when fully charged. That's the only thing I've noticed.
Hey guys, new sonic main here! Don't let the username fool you. I think the spring goes higher because spring-jump-spring double dair can auto cancel. or it might be dair having more iasa and autocancel frames. Either way, you can recover from stage height dair on omega stages now.
Couldn't you always do that?

:018:

Damandatwin

Smash Apprentice
@ Luig Luig I think Seagull Joe is right, I don't think you can auto-cancel the dair from a spring any easier than before.

Last edited:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Hmm, this may be right. I remember using Dair onto a ground Spring, Spinshot, Spring, Dair and Bair.

Bair seems to come out way sooner given that I can even hit opponents with its sourspot now.

Luig

Confused
Hmm, this may be right. I remember using Dair onto a ground Spring, Spinshot, Spring, Dair and Bair.

Bair seems to come out way sooner given that I can even hit opponents with its sourspot now.
Yesterday I remember doing dair at stage height of an omega stage, and you die before the attack is over. It says this in your moveset guide. After patch, you can jump before dying and even recover. I'm pretty sure even on stages with a really far down blast line, you couldn't recover unless you wall jumped at the right time.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Yes, pretty sure we can double jump sooner out of dair now.

Weird that they'd even think of changing this..

edit: yeah, Sonic's recovery's been buffed.. wtf We can double jump and Spring earlier from a Dair now.

Last edited:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
IASA, I guess. Should make our landings a bit better, if we're able to use Dair from way up above.

btw, footstool to dair spike doesn't seem to work on any of the new characters.

Luig

Confused
I'm almost certain u-smash was nerfed. It barely kos mario at 112 and it didn't even make the black lightning effect.

LightSpeed

Smash Rookie
An Upsmash nerf would be the stupidest thing! I love that move man! It's kill power was balanced look at other character's like Fox's where you get jab locked into it!

Luig

Confused
Yeah it wasn't even an above average up smash, it was just another up smash. it might make anti-air a bit worse if it is confirmed. or it might be placebo. I'm hoping it's door number 2. Besides, fox's comes out on like, frame 8!

Last edited:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
FSmash seems to be buffed, tho..

:4mario: @ FD

1.0.8 Wii U: kills at 89%
1.0.6 3DS: kills at 95%

Last edited:

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
STILL TOP TIER BOYS. Got worried for a bit since diddy got that nerf hammer with his U air.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Oh, that explains it.

I stopped using the 3DS version since the Wii U one came out and know nothing about it, really.

Luig

Confused
Just making sure, has utilt always koed mario at 170%? That's earlier than fthrow kills mario. Also, the back hit of down smash might have either had a slight nerf or its angle barely changed, because I remember it koing mario at 96, and now its 97.

EDIT: The percent difference was the cpu's di. the dsmash full still kos at 96. tested with a human. Still not sure about utilt though.

Last edited:

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Yeah it wasn't even an above average up smash, it was just another up smash. it might make anti-air a bit worse if it is confirmed. or it might be placebo. I'm hoping it's door number 2. Besides, fox's comes out on like, frame 8!
loooool stop. He had the strongest usmash in the game lool. Wasnt even above average get outta here with that. Be honest about the character u play lol.

Luig

Confused
loooool stop. He had the strongest usmash in the game lool. Wasnt even above average get outta here with that. Be honest about the character u play lol.
You taking that from smash highlights video? That was a base knockback test, not a ko percent test. His up smash isn't really even that strong. Dorfs is the strongest.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
no im not taking it from there and i referring to viable characters. Sonic's usmash is strong lol. theres no argument on that. Iono where people are gettting this random idea that our usmash isnt strong wtf. u thought we were killing ppl with our imagination? loool

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
no im not taking it from there and i referring to viable characters. Sonic's usmash is strong lol. theres no argument on that. Iono where people are gettting this random idea that our usmash isnt strong wtf. u thought we were killing ppl with our imagination? loool
Well yeah it is strong but it has bad range and startup, and is easily punishable.

Lucas is the strongest now
Rip ivysaur up-smash. please vote his up smash for dlc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimgan

Smash Cadet
NNID
veno6478
3DS FC
4871-6162-6796
After some testing I discovered some changes. This is subject to change (still testing and need some confirmation)
+Foward Smash has been given more KB. Fully Charged kills at 65%, uncharged kills at 95-90ish
+Much more easier to jump/spring out of Down Air, I found myself no longer self destructing using Down Air.
-Up Smash has reduced KB
-Foward Throw knockback decreased (again)
-Back throw knockback decreased (again)
Both back and foward throw failed to KO Mario at even 160%.

Everything else seems unchanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom