• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game Discussion

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I was pretty lucky since I happened to find it within hours of him posting it. Plus he spelled Street Fighter as one word (and so did I when I was searching). I was debating on whether it was legit for a few days, so I was lucky that he didn't get any other offers besides the day I went to pick it up.

Anyways, been practicing on 3rd Strike lately and working on option selects and reaction time.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I realize that I think GGPO isn't working for me because of my router or something dumb like that. It has to be that since I'm having issues on both of my computers and Supercade has the same problem for me. I have an older router so I should try configuring that and see if I can get it to work. If it does, I want to play with some people here on Vampire Savior or something.

Guilty Gear.
Compared to smash, how large of a scene does it have?
Which locations seem to be biggest for it?
Is there a committed site/forum for it?
Which is the most stable version that people play on?

Gates

Banned via Warnings

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
CEO was crazy except fot the GFs.

edit: for AE I mean. I was pissed when Justin lost to Tokido in Marvel 3. Yipes sounded like he was done with the game when it happend.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Justin was clearly out playing Tokido but he kept falling back on DP and winning.

Oh and AE was hype but GF was boring because it was just Tokido bodying Arturo. Mike Ross took out Jwong, Marn, Gamerbee and went to the last round with Arturo. Art beat Gamerbee too. Also last round. Very hype up until the GFs.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
IMO, from the little I've watched on CEO's MvC3 grand finals, Justin wasn't really playing great.
He made too many errors everywhere and dropped combos.
Ain't no shame in losing to the best! Also, this is a huge wake up call for the U.S. cause I'm sure they are underestimating the hell of Japan! I honestly don't know why the U.S. thinks they can easily take Japan in Marvel!
Not really. This will just make most US players not like MvC3 even more now.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
To be honest, I spent more of my time watching CEO.
With the exception of Sako's ridiculous Ibuki and Daigo existing, there wasn't much hype for revelations and it was only being saved by UltraDavid's commentary. I need to watch finals for marvel and AE for CEO,

did anyone else wonder why they streamed Soul Calibur 4?

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
it was nice to see that theres still a soul calibur scene here
and it was really entertaining to see that apprentice player show up with a light saber and robe

but
Do they hate brawl and melee so much that they wouldn't stream any of it or were they not allowed to?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Probably depends on the turnout, I would imagine.

Plus, they would probably get a lot of trolling and **** for streaming Smash from the other communities.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
it was nice to see that theres still a soul calibur scene here
and it was really entertaining to see that apprentice player show up with a light saber and robe

but
Do they hate brawl and melee so much that they wouldn't stream any of it or were they not allowed to?
streaming smash would have gotten a lot of flack from the stream monsters and probably would have reduced the numbers on the stream if they did so.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
The smash turnout was also crap for both games mainly for melee but I hated it that the brawl and a few melee players wanted it on stream at the tourney.

Also dammit Lythium why is your avatar "so alluring"?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
This weekend I didn't do a lot of stream monstering. I caught the BB GFs (Makoto dittos oh wow who didn't see that coming) and top 3 of MK9. MK9 was fun to watch, even when Tom Brady got put on blast and had to pull some characters out of his pocket in desperation (**cough**KUNGLAO**cough**), although it's not like he hasn't done that before. I was hoping for Johnny Cage though.

But yeah, MK9 is pretty much the only fighting game I care about at this point. I suck too much at SF and the twins make me want to play it even less; MvC3 is a joke; They nerfed Lambda too much to make me want to play BB again; and I never spent much time with AH3 so I suck too much at it.

edit: for AE I mean. I was pissed when Justin lost to Tokido in Marvel 3. Yipes sounded like he was done with the game when it happend.
Someone who played a Phoenix team won? Oh wow, what a shock. Who would have imagined that a team that used the best character in the game would have won a major. It's also shocking that Tokido would tier ***** because we all know he never does that.

Seriously, if you're surprised by a Phoenix team winning a major at this point you need to take a serious look at the game again. Revelations even had 3 Phoenixes in the top8 with Phoenix vs Phoenix GFs.

Marvel is really devolving into a game that nobody likes anymore. Too many old pros are leaving the game and it's just generally becoming a bad joke. I think the only people who want to keep the scene going are people who never played MvC2 and picked up MvC3 because they heard it was going to be a big deal. People like SF players, the Japanese, etc. At the rate it's going, MvC3 probably won't be at Evo 2012 as a main event, likely replaced by SFxT (which actually looks really damn good).

Oh and AE was hype but GF was boring because it was just Tokido bodying Arturo. Mike Ross took out Jwong, Marn, Gamerbee and went to the last round with Arturo. Art beat Gamerbee too. Also last round. Very hype up until the GFs.
Man, I actually wanna see this.

Not really. This will just make most US players not like MvC3 even more now.
I know MvC3 is dead to me. It has been ever since they took the love of my life into a dark alley and broke his legs.

I'll miss you...Cable. :(

Oh and I also don't like how they nerfed Sentinel.

did anyone else wonder why they streamed Soul Calibur 4?
I did. And I'm still confused about why The Apprentice was legal.

but
The real question is, why didn't they stream the Smash64 event? I mean obviously if they were going to do Melee and Brawl events they would have had an event for the best Smash game in the series as well. So why didn't they stream it?

I'M SINGLE NOW. DEAL WITH IT.
What, just now?

I'd be surprised if you ever had a gf.

I dunno about the broad but that lolli pop looks damn good.
So you like a purple lolipop huh?

Stereotypes stereotypes stereotypes

Also, Lythium's acting like this right now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVzRIuDVA9o&t=46s
Which is weird because usually she acts more like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbWnO0Hf7sI

Top Bottom