• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game Discussion

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You mean the Cracked article, Lythium? Yeah, that was really dumb. The guy obviously had no idea how to play a fighting game and was just mad because he was probably a button masher but got beaten by people who actually knew how to play.

It also irritates me when people say that fighting games favor people who have spent more time with the game learning their character. Uhh, no ****? Every game works that way. FPS games work that way. MMOs work that way. Strategy games work that way. ****ing board games work that way.

It seems like with the recent boom of the fighting game community there has been a boom just as big with people being totally ignorant of the fighting game community and then acting like they're not.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not only do games work that, but freaking life itself works that way.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah exactly! But man, there's a lot of ignorance towards fighting games these days.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah exactly! But man, there's a lot of ignorance towards fighting games these days.
Seems to be a lot of ignorance towards life's rewards. Even I'm guilty of that.

It'd be nice if we could actually show what's going on "behind the scenes" in fighting games, but people, especially Americans, hate learning.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I like how he says he doesn't suck but then goes on about how unfair it was he kept getting hit by Dictator spamming Scissor Kick and losing.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
This is the article I was referencing: http://www.examiner.com/xbox-360-in-national/why-fighting-games-suck

It's from 2010, but the guy is so damn ignorant. :I
Oh right, this is the article I was thinking of too but for some reason I thought it was from Cracked.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR9qtgIi3Rw&feature=channel_video_title
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm really liking Parasoul's motorcycle assist in Skullgirls. Seems like an easy hit confirm to go into Peacock's super with.

Hell, I'm just liking Skullgirls more and more all the time.

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Gates

Banned via Warnings
yeah, I'm pretty sure Mike Z confirmed early on that SkullgirlS will use GGPO.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Same here. I don't want this to turn into the Duke Nukem Forever of fighting games.

Although that might already belong to Killer Instinct 3.

Walt

Smash Ace
The problem with skullgirls is that Mike Z is never going to release it because he wants it to be perfectly balanced right off the bat in the first version of the game. He seriously should just release in the next month to start getting feedback from the community about changes.

but other than that it's pretty awesome.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The problem with skullgirls is that Mike Z is never going to release it because he wants it to be perfectly balanced right off the bat in the first version of the game.
Nah, I don't think Mike is that naive. It's just taking forever because he's basically working out of his garage.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So there's been a lot of stigma about Skullgirls having an all-girl cast and I really don't understand it. What does everyone else think?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Probably saying how it's gonna end up like Touhou or something...

Balance aside skullgirls isn't anywhere near ready to release. I don't even think they've started working on the actual main menu.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Me either. I've never played it though...

But they've said that there's gonna be male characters eventually, so people can stop worrying.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So there's been a lot of stigma about Skullgirls having an all-girl cast and I really don't understand it. What does everyone else think?
No big deal to me. I usually play girl characters anyway.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
meh, It'll still be all-girl (or at least that's what it looks like) in the launch window, which is the most important time when people usually buy games.

Top Bottom