• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighters Legacy (Fighting Game Platform Fighter) Continued - Complete

What Kind of Collectibles would you prefer for this project

• Trophies

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Spirits (More Detailed - ex. descriptions)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Ky Kiske (Guilty Gear)
1655920180142.jpeg

We desperately need some second reps for a lot of series (except kof we have enough SNK characters lol) so I think Ky Kiske would be a good rep for one of said series, Guilty Gear. He’s basically the second most important character from the series so adding him just makes sense.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
My nominee will be:
Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4 Arena)
Yukiko_Amagi_render.png

I choose her over Yu or Aigis because i want some more secondary characters, and a second characterwith ice attacks.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
New Fighter - Ryo Sakazaki (Art of Fighting)

Ryo Sakazaki is the main protagonist of SNK's fighting game franchise, Art of Fighting, which started in 1992 and acts as a prequel series to Fatal Fury, taking place at South Town in the same universe. It's plot focuses on Kyokugenryu Karate practitioners, Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia, also known as "The Invincible Dragon and Raging Tiger", going after Mr. Big to save the former's sister Yuri before facing off their father Takuma (under the guise of Mr. Karate) and Geese Howard himself in a sequel, who ordered both around to keep the latter in line (even having killed Jeff Bogard, Terry's adoptive father in Fatal Fury, according to the Super NES version of AOF1). Later on, characters who debuted from this series became regular veterans in SNK's The King of Fighters franchise since the very first installment released on their Neo-Geo arcade/console system in 1994.

While I do understand Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule on the amount of SNK characters in a current roster, Art of Fighting actually had a huge, innovative influence on both the fighting game genre & industry as a whole, and introduced many staples/mechanics such as:
  • Meters/gauges and super attacks/desperation moves
  • Taunting (used to drain/decrease the opponent's spirit gauge)
  • Dashing/running (used in lots of modern games such as later Street Fighter and Guilty Gear titles)
  • Screen/graphical scaling (used to add a dramatic flair to each battle)
  • Special pre-battle intros
  • Visible/in-game battle damage (Soul Calibur is an example in later years)
  • Secret bosses/guest fighters (a "dream match" against Ryo in Fatal Fury Special was so popular among gamers it inspired SNK to develop The King of Fighters; he later appeared in Wild Ambition as Mr. Karate II from Buriki One; Akuma is a famous example of the former term)
  • Capcom's creation of Dan Hibiki for Street Fighter as a parody of Ryo and Robert in response to them ripping off Ryu & Ken (both franchises and Fatal Fury were designed by Takashi Nishiyama), with lots of references to the Art of Fighting seies.
In Fighters Legacy, for his moveset (techniques are listed above a linked section)'s character gimmick to differ himself from fellow SNK reps, Ryo will pretty much make use of a spirit gauge from the Art of Fighting series by charging it up with a Shield + Special input to increase damage of his special moves and allow for a powerful desperation move that decrease depending on attack strength (both normal & command input variants, becoming weaker when depleted).

And finally, an additional detail for Infinity Sorcerer's Geese boss fight is that if you play as Ryo during the battle, Geese will appear in his young self from Art of Fighting 2 with "A Kiss for Geese -Cyber Edit-" playing on the background instead.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Ky
2. Ryo
3. Akuma

I'm okay with some guest characters if they're more known for fighting games but I wouldn't say Yukiko counts

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Ryo
Akuma
Ky

Btw I'm starting to think, we will have some jobs about alternative costumes?, not the colors since, well, most likely they will have their regular colors from their games, but the newer games always have alternative costumes.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Results
Ryo Sakazaki 12
Ky Kiske 9
Ruby Heart 9
Akuma 3
Yukiko Amagi 3

Ryo (tonygameman) joins the roster

New Jobs
A - Once again not sure how we want to settle tie-breaker, everyway i can think to break it using previous voting gives us another tie between Ky & Ruby. Should we just add both or try to do some sort of revote?

B - Thanks to Infinity Sorcerer for reminding me alt costumes exist. Next job is to submit submit ideas for this. Only rule is each contributer can only submit 1 idea for each fighter.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
The previous method would work imo.
Here are my ideas for Alt Costumes (EDIT: I think if they have names rather than "X + character name" would be cooler), I added more characters since there it wasn't more submissions after some time:
1656093582906.png
1656093608816.png
1656093640506.png
Consumed by the
Satsui no Hado
(Evil Ryu)
INTERPOL Novice
(Alpha Chun-Li)
Wild Wolf
(Garou Terry)
Mr. Karate II
(Wild Ambition
Ryo)
Gear Hunter
(Order-Sol)
Director of Atlas
(Classic Eltnum)
1656252550367.png
1656252178942.png
Enemy of Ash
(KOF XII Iori)
Klassic Kombat
(Classic Sub-Zero)
Klassic Kombat
(Classic Scorpion)
Summer Azure
(Summer Ragna)
Burning Vigor
(Burning Batsu)
Another Incarnation
(SoulCalibur!Yoshimitsu)

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Indeed as others said, both fighters would work.

For costumes:
  • NESTS-Styled Scion - Kyo Kusanagi as he appeared in the NESTS Chronicles Saga ('99 to 2001, even counting a non-canonical 2002; became a separate character in XIII which originated the name) from The King of Fighters.
  • Polygonal Virtua Fighter - Akira Yuki in his classic blocky look from the original 1993 arcade game, which was later used in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as an Assist Trophy and a Mii Brawler costume.
  • Lee Young - Oolong's replacement in the NES/MSX versions of Yie Ar Kung Fu.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Ryu (SF6)
Chun-Li (SF6)
Morrigan (Casual)
Edward Falcon (Pride Falcon)
Kazuya (Suit)
Yoshimitsu (Tekken 2)
SubZero (MK3)
Kasumi (Classic from DoA 1-5)
Celia (Celia II Kai)
Ky Kiske (Robo-Ky)

Colors Only
Akira (Blue & Red from PXZ & Fighting Climax)
Nakoruru (Purple)
Filia (Fukua & Shamone)

Next Jobs

A - Submit stage ideas for our new SNK fighter franchises (Art of Fighting, Last Blade, World Heroes)

B - Submit 8 characters between Virtua Fighter & Skullgirls you want to see represented as at least a trophy, does not de-confirm for future bigger roles

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Technically Pao Pao Café is already a stage for SNK, yet I will submit the Kyokugenryu Karate Dojo from KOF XIII has a second option.
For the Last Blade my stage selection is Amano's Stage (it doesn't has a name iirc), one of the most iconic stages from the game.

Skullgirls Trophies:
-Valentine
-Annie of the Stars
-Umbrella
-Beowulf
-Big Band
-Black Dahlia
-Brain Drain
-Marie

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Will leave current 2 jobs open another day & add 2 more

C - Noticed people mentioning our roster could use more reps from existing series, so for our next few character jobs should we focus on nominating reps from specific series & if so which ones?

D - Lets flesh out content from Guilty Gear & Soul Calibur (movesets, music, alts, misc series info, etc.).

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Will leave current 2 jobs open another day & add 2 more

C - Noticed people mentioning our roster could use more reps from existing series, so for our next few character jobs should we focus on nominating reps from specific series & if so which ones?

D - Lets flesh out content from Guilty Gear & Soul Calibur (movesets, music, alts, misc series info, etc.).
Btw Ky Kiske won?, I didn't ended noticing who won apart of Ryo.

EDIT: Alright it looks that he won, I will make a moveset later today.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

MK could prilyl get a third rep. Might be finally time to add a new SF rep. DOA, KI, Blazblue and Soul Calibur all have options for extra reps. Maybe another Darkstalker?

Edit: maybe Skullgirls too honestly

Last edited by a moderator:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Btw Ky Kiske won?, I didn't ended noticing who won apart of Ryo.

EDIT: Alright it looks that he won, I will make a moveset later today.
Whoops, sorry, never posted it but since most people seemed ok with it both Ky Kiske (championofhyrule) & Ruby Heart (myself) joined after tying in the last fighter voting.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I think it's time bring some new characters of already established franchises.
Akuma is the secret boss of Super Street Fighter II Turbo and became a fan favorite of the franchise, you can say "how you can submit Akuma before Ken?!!?!", well it's easy, not even Capcom included Ken in much games, the order of characters to be included in spin-offs are usually Ryu, then Chun-Li and later the proper Akuma. Also come on, I love Ken really but can Ken do any of these things?.

(yeah I know one of these comes from a Mugen don't @ me)​
Sure Akuma would work more has a boss but we already have Bison and include two Street Fighter bosses would be really ass.
Resubmitting Akuma, sorry for not finish the Ky's moveset, if I can do it I will made it later today.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Ky's Moveset
Note that all general gimmicks of Sol also applies to Ky.
NameInfo
Neutral Special:
Stun Edge
Ky launch a lightning projectile, it can be charged producing a shock state if hits in this state, it can also be used in the air but the projectile would use a diagonal downwards direction instead.

Additionaly, Ky can enhance this projectiles using a grinder that he can set using his down special.
Forward Special:
Stun Dipper
Ky does a slide attack that knocks the opponent, use QCF + Attack to enhance the distance and knockdown of the move.
Back Special:
Greed Sever
The infamous Greed Sever, is an overhead that when used with the input QCB + Attack becomes invulnerable in the startup and gains a bigger hitbox.
Up Special:
Vapor Trusth
Ky's DP, where Ky does a jumping slash in a wide arc that reaches behind Ky's head. Ky can use a follow-up called Lightning Javelin has a combo ender option. The DP Input version travels longer and has invincible startup.
Down Special:
Split Ciel
Ky summons a grinder, there can only be one grinder active in the stage per Ky, other Ky's can use the rival's grinder. Grinders alone doesn't do damage but enhances the propierties of Stun Edge and Sacred Edge, grinders dissapears with the time if no one uses it.
Overdrive 1:
Sacred Edge
A projectile super that can also be enhanced with the glider, use QCFQCF + Attack to use the move.
Overdrive 2:
Ride the Lightning
Ky's signature super, which sends him bolting across the screen surrounded by lightning, use HCBF + Attack to use the move, it can also be used midair.
Overdrive 3:
Dragon Install
Ky's secret "Desesperate Overdrive", use QCBQCB + Attack when Ky has more than 100% damage to transform into his Dragon Install form, he gains a massive speed boost, his special moves does more chip damage and shock and all his no projectile moves gets enhanced. This Install unlike Sol doesn't has a timer and it will only be removed after Ky loses the stock, since also unlike Sol his normal damage and defense aren't increased this could be rather easy.
Ultimate Attack:
Rising Force
Ky recites an incantation, a part of a poem based on his ideals as king, to summon a giant Grinder, jumping through it and piercing his opponent in a flash of lightning. Like Sol if the opponent has 100% of damage or more before the finalization of the attack the move would become an Install Kill, it has minimal aesthetic variations when used in Dragon Install state.

They are modest to greed, generous to the truth of the world, when the heart is peaceful the seven seas cry! RISING FORCE!

Has an additional detail, Ky would have an unique skin that can only be actived midbattle using his long-haired look, when he is hitted with a high-damaging move without dying his hair will come loose just like in Xrd (and in the Rising Force gif).

Also, I know the job closed and all but since there it wasn't too much content here it is the rest of my submission.
Music:
  1. Keep Yourself Alive (New Arrangment)
  2. Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead) (New Arrangment)
  3. Give me a break
  4. Magnolia Éclair
  5. Find Your Own Way
  6. The Roar of the Spark
  7. No Mercy (New Arrangment)
  8. The Re-Coming
  9. Get Down to Business
  10. Keep The Flag Flying
  11. Sheep Will Sleep (If You Get Fatigued)
  12. Reunion (New Arrangment)
  13. Ride the Fire!
  14. Blue Water Blue Sky (Vocal)
  15. The Disaster of Passion
  16. Suck a Sage
  17. Play the Hero
  18. Armor-Clad Faith
  19. Alone Infection
  20. Make Oneself
  21. Writhe in Pain (New Arrangment)
  22. The Lily of Steel
  23. Feel A Fear
  24. Still in the Dark (New Arrangment)
  25. Momentary Life (New Arrangment)
  26. 六文 -ROKUMON-
  27. Mirror of the World
  28. Fuuga (Elegance)
  29. Original Bet
  30. Jack-a-Dandy
  31. The Man
  32. Diva
  33. Just do it
  34. TSUKI NO SHIHAI
  35. Marionette
  36. Hellfire
  37. Trigger
  38. What do you fight for
  39. Kiss of Death
  40. Drift
  41. A Fixed Idea
  42. Like a Weed, Naturally, as a Matter of Course
  43. Awe of She (New Arrangment)
  44. One Dawn
  45. Juno
  46. The Midnight Carnival... iya, Crimson Death ne? (New Arrangment)
  47. Death and Republic/Meet Again (New Arrangment)
  48. Heavy Day
  49. Big Blast Sonic
  50. Storyteller
  51. SHOTGUN & HEAD
  52. Birthday Train
  53. Lily
  54. Six Black Heavens Guns
  55. Sky Should Be High
  56. Wanna Be Crazy
  57. Safe Intoxication
  58. All I Can Do
  59. Freesia
  60. Break a Spell
  61. Dear Song
  62. Smell of the Game
  63. Talk About You
  64. The Name of Heaven
  65. Rock and Roll, Rock Hard Maniac
Alt. Costume:
Roar of the Spark
(GGST Ky)
Other Details:
Even if the proper games have music for the Instant Kills in this game Sol and Ky have different themes when using these moves, both being their leitmotifs, the song changes depending of the skin:
  • Normal Sol: Keep Yourself Alive
  • Order-Sol: Get Down To Business
  • Normal Ky: Holy Orders
  • Robo-Ky: Holy Orders?
  • GGST Ky: The Roar of the Spark
Also there it would be a song that could be played both in Guilty Gear and Samurai Shodown stages (even then, the song would be listed has Samurai Shodown music:

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
And meanwhile I was writting all that the votations started....either way here it is my votes!
  1. Dhalsim (tbh I aren't voting because I like him but because I think it would be cool have a physical zoner in the roster)
  2. Akuma
I'm not gonna lie, I aren't a fan of Juri and I think it's fine only have the Feng Shui Engine...either way I will not say that it's a bad decission have her.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Results

Juri 8
Dhalsim 6
Akuma 3

Juri Han (submitted by Darkonedagger) joins the roster.

Next job - Submit up to 2 Striker ideas, however the Striker must come from a series that does not already have one (Ineligible series - Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, KoF, AoF, & Tekken)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Sho Hayate from Savage Reign/Kizuna Encounter & Hibiki from The Last Blade
1656767456075.png
1656767513794.png
I don't feel we should add more SNK characters atm (as much I would love to see K', Kula, Haohmaru or Mr. Karate) so the best option for give some additional representation are the Strikers.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
MBV-04-G Temjin (Cyber Troopers: Virtual-ON)
51cuN+JEJnL._AC_.jpg
Bad Mr. Frosty (ClayFighter)
1736844-1631901_badmrfrosty_super.jpg

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Kage (Virtua Fighter)

Hsien-Ko (Darkstalkers)

Voting Time Nominees

Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer
-Sho Hayate (Savage Reign/Kizuna Encounter)
-Hibiki (The Last Blade)
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
-Big Band (Skullgirls)
-Goro (Mortal Kombat)
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64
-MBV-04-G Temjin (Cyber Troopers: Virtual-ON)
-Bad Mr. Frosty (ClayFighter)
Myself
-Kage (Virtua Fighter)
-Hsien-Ko (Darkstalkers)

Vote for you top 4, yours can not place 1st, top 3 in votes will be added as Strikers
Big Band
Hsien-Ko
Hibiki
Bad Mr. Frosty

Top Bottom