• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighters Legacy (Fighting Game Platform Fighter) Continued - Complete

What Kind of Collectibles would you prefer for this project

• Trophies

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Spirits (More Detailed - ex. descriptions)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium

We will have a vote for our Skullgirls stage (Strawpoll)

Next job - Nominate a fighter who has yet to be nominated for the roster on this thread (will not be going back to original thread)

Arizona
Tessa
Sukapon
Fuuma
Juri
Ramlethal
Ruby Heart
Baiken
Iori
Yuuki Terumi
Hyde Kido
Heart Aino
Taffy
Oleander
Akatsuki
Hayato
Yuri Sakazaki

D

Deleted member

Heroine-mai.png

Mai Shiranui

Iconic female character and one who would likely be requested a lot for the roster.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Voting Results

Eltnum 15
Rock 10
Felicia 6
Mai 5

NanayaGaming & Ininity Sourcer's nominees of Elthnum & Rock Howard join the roster.

New Jobs

A - Lets flesh out content for BlazBlue & Dead or Alive (movesets, music, misc series info, etc.)

B - Submit up 4 characters each (8 total) you would like to see from SoulCalibur & Mortal Kombat represented as at least a trophy (does not deconfirm for future increased role).

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Well , I will start to the music and made the Ragna's moveset later (it's 00:30 right here so.....), BlazBlue music is very iconic so this time it would be a bigger selection of music, since the themes that where made pre-Chrono Phantasma has two versions I will use a mashup instead.
  1. Rebellion (Ragna's Theme)
  2. Lust SIN (Jin's Theme)
  3. Bullet Dance (Noel's Theme)
  4. Love so Blue (Noel's Vocal Theme)
  5. Queen of Roses (Rachel's Theme)
  6. Oriental Flower (Litchi's Theme)
  7. SUSANOOH (Hakumen's Theme)
  8. Awakening the Chaos (Nu-13's Theme)
  9. Condemnation Wings (Tsubaki's Theme)
  10. Gluttony Fang (Hazama's Theme)
  11. Plastic Night (Relius' Theme)
  12. Black Aggression (Kagura's Theme)
  13. Spirit of Fire (Bullet's Theme)
  14. The Tyrant (Azrael's Theme)
  15. Crystal Forest (Celica's Theme)
  16. Jaeger (Naoto's Theme)
  17. Walpurgisnatch (Nine's Theme)
  18. YOMUTSIHIRASAKA (Izanami's Theme)
  19. Variable Heart (Mai's Theme)
  20. Stand Unrivaled (Jubei's Theme)
  21. MUST DIE (Susanoo's Theme)
  22. Black Onslaught (Unlimited Ragna's Theme)
  23. Endless Despair (Unlimited Hazama's Theme)
  24. Under Heaven Destruction (Ragna VS Jin Theme)
  25. Childish Killer (Jin VS Tsubaki Theme)
  26. Memory of Tears (Noel VS Tsubaki Theme)
  27. Nightmare Fiction (Ragna VS Hazama Theme)
  28. Bloodline (Ragna/Jin VS Izanami Theme)
  29. Black & White (Ragna VS Hakumen Theme)
  30. In JUSTICE (Hakumen VS Izayoi Theme)
  31. God of War (Hazama VS Susanoo Theme)
  32. Sector 7 (Sector 7's Theme)
  33. SIX HEROES (Six Heroe's Theme)
  34. End Gazer (Nine/Celica VS Es Theme)
  35. Blood Pain (Mirror Match Theme)
  36. Ao Iconoclast (Calamity Trigger's Opening)
  37. Soukyuu No Hikari (Continuum Shift's Opening)
  38. Blue Sanction (Chrono Phantasma's Opening)
  39. CENTRALFICTION (Central Fiction's Opening)

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Will add music to my submittion later (UPDATE: Music Added) & Infinity Sorcerer mentioned a potential moveset for Ragna but will add next job.

DoA Logo -

Urges (Dead or Alive 5)
Victory Fanfare

BlazBlue Logo -

Victory Fanfare

MK Trophies - Lui Kang, Reptile,Katanna, Kenshi

SoulCal Trophies - Taki, Rapheal, Ivy, Lizardman

New job - Nominate a fighter for the roster who debuted in 2010 or later.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
The moveset for Ragna will be uploaded later today, for the job I will propose once again Hyde Kido from Under Night In-Birth, the first game was released in 2012.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright I finally find my roster that I did some time ago for Ragna with slight changes for the game.

First for all the Gimmick:

NameImageDescription
Soul Eater
Certains Ragna's attacks including some specials can heal Ragna when hits an enemy, the quantity of life stealed depends of the move.
Heat Gauge
Main Ragna's gimmick, the Heat Gauge appear upwards the regular Ragna's HUD, the design of the Heat Gauge resembles the Central Fiction version (without numbers), Ragna can use the Heat Gauge for perform his Distortion Drives.
Burst Gauge

Second Ragna's main gimmick, the Burst Gauge works different in comparation to his main series with a more passive use.
A circle-like gauge appears in the left side of the Heat Gauge indicating the Burst, when a battle starts you will have only 3 stocks of Burst, this gauge fills with the time, but some things like the actual Ragna's percent of damage or inflict damage to the oponnent increases the quantity of Burst adquired, when the Burst Gauge is repleted Ragna automatically enters in his Overdrive state: Blood Kain IDEA, in this state Ragna's Soul Eater attacks are upgrated with more damage, bigger hitboxes, more lifesteal and in some times different propierties.

And now the proper moves:

NameInfo
Neutral Special:
Dead Spike
Based in the B version from Cross Tag Battle but ligerally reduced in height, has poorly distance range, in air this move is the A version of the move, again, being quite smaller. Steal 5% of life. This move has no input variation.
Forward Special:
Hell's Fang
In ground this move is Hell's Fang, press the button again to do a follow up with knockback. Only the follow up steal life (6%). Even if isn't the original input, you can use quarter-circle forward input to enhance the attack increasing the hitbox.
Forward Special:
Gauntlet Hades
Ragna does a flying attack similar to Crack Shoot or Bandit Revolver, the follow up has knockback too, only the follow up steal life (4%), use the quarter-circle back motion to gain range and damage.
Up Special:
Inferno Divider
Ragna's DP, the range of the move is considerable small but can works has a pseudo-vertical recovery, using the command variant increases the range considerable, only the command variant steals health (6%). Using the quarter-circle back motion during the move perform a follow up attack, perfect for end a combo.

Down Special:
Nightmare Edge
In the floor Ragna performs a jump before uses the move, deals huge damage but has poor killpower. The follow-up steals 5% of damage. This move no has a motion input variant.

Distortion Drive 1:
Carnage Scissors
Great combo ender, Ragna lunges forward and slams down his sword, following up with a spin slash that releases energy, using half-circle back + forward you can perform a quick dash and deals a final blow healing 12%, in Overdrive the move deals more hits and more damage, also steals 16% of life.
Distortion Drive 2:
Divided By Darkness
Command Grab Super. Ragna reaches out with his Black Beast infected hand and grabs the opponent, dealing massive damage and regaining a large amount of life, 18% in normal and 23% in Overdrive mode. For uses this move you need to use the motion double quarter-circle back.
Ultimate Attack:
Black Onslaught

Ragna's iconic Astral Heat, he does an uppercut with his sword in a reverse grip. If it hits, he shifts his weapon into its scythe form and does two sequences of three swipes with it. He then charges up the final slash while stealing the opponent's soul, which he unleashes to erase them from existence. If in the final blow the oponnent only has 1 stock and is defeated the classic ASTRAL FINISH message will appear announcing Ragna's victory.​

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Current job still open, will submit my nominee.

Voting for Skullgirls stage is over, Streets of New Meridian won, starting another poll, kind of curious how we feel trophies & music should be handled for franchises already in Smash.

https://strawpoll.com/polls/wby5l5BJ1ZA

Zetterburn (Rival of Aether - 2017)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I prefer start from scratch, first for all because there is no much content for trophies and secondly because the musical selection for SF is bull**** imo. Why everything is from SFII?, Terry and Kazuya has better musical selection but still feel like we can make something better like, for example, add Goodbye Esaka a.k.a. best Kyo theme alongside Tears. Seriously why Yappari Esaka and not Goodbye Esaka?

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Has I said before, I have an idea for add Strikers, the Strikers would be selectable at the character selection screen (so not being RNG), there it would be an especific button to summon them. They would work has the Strikers of the NESTS Saga of KOF or the Assists of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. This would be a nice way to add more characters without the needing of them to be playable.

Apart of that, maybe minigames?, There are minigames in some fighting games like the classics Break the Car of Street Fighter or the Test your Might of Mortal Kombat.

And for jobs related to fighters, characters from Doujin FG?, y'known, those obscure yet fun games like Akatsuki Blitzkampf, Eternal Fighters Zero, Maiden & Spell, Vanguard Princess and some others that I don't known if would count like Arcana Heart, Blade Strangers, Chaos Code, Fantasy Strike, Falle Angels, the Rumble Fish, Yatagarasu. Also characters from SNK IPs not related to KOF definitively not an excuse for my The Last Blade propaganda but that would also allow franchises like World Heroes, Kizuna Encounter, WakuWaku 7 or Aggresors of Dark Kombat.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, my knowlowdedge about Virtua Fighter is small but my selection would be Jack Bryant, Jago, Killgore, Glacius and Hisako.

I will submit Skullgirls' music and Fillia's moveset later.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
It's cover time, sorry for still not doing Fillia's moves, I tried to play the game in my switch but the data get messed up (I didn't played in the console long time ago so maybe its the reason), and even if I can view videos I prefer to make the movesets while playing the game.

Covers for music that it's already in the game:
After this I will wait for SNK/Guilty Gear/Melty Blood music since those are the type of works that I known.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Time for our next job,

Our recently closed poll showed that we will be starting from scratch with Music/Trophies from series in Smash so our next job will be to submit Music & up to 8 characters you want to see as at least a trophy for SNK series.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Music from SNK
And yes this is a shi tton of music

Fatal Fury/Art of Fighting I will count both has one until there is a proper AoF character, also music from KOF related to characters of these franchises would count has FF/AOF music

The King of Fighters
I guess I can't include music for franchise that aren't in the game yet right?, If I can I would include music from The Last Blade and others. If this is too much music I will make a sweep.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Characters that I would like to see:
  • Kaede (The Last Blade)
  • Hibiki (The Last Blade)
  • Mr. Karate (Art of Fighting)
  • Ralf Jones (Ikari Warriors)
  • Chizuru Kagura (The King Of Fighters)
  • Billy Kane (Fatal Fury)
  • K' (The King Of Fighters)
  • Kula Diamond (The King Of Fighters)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, finally is here, Fillia's moveset, sorry if unlike other movelists this one looks quite "messy", I have some problems with my studies so I don't haved the time that I wanted for this. Like other characters she has Lvl 1 supers.
Neutral Special - Hairball
Fillia turns in, well, a spiky hairball, traveling around the ground at fast speed, in the air the move will be affected by gravity. Use QCB + Attack Button to deal more hits.

Side Special - Lash Out
This move isn't an actual special in her source game but still being an important mechanic, in her game this works has a Snapback (like those from Marvel vs Capcom), since this game isn't a tag team instead it would just be an attack with a huge knockback.

Up Special - Updo
Samson elevates Fillia meanwhile he transforms himself into a wolf's jaw, use the DP motion + attack for have a better recovery.

Down Special -Ringlet Spike/Psych
Fillia rests in the ground playing with her hair meanwhile a drill of hair appears in the floor close to the nearest's opponent, you can mash the button to make a feint instead. Use QCF + attack button to summon a bigger drill (Ignore the L/M/H thing).

Blockbuster 1 - Gregor Samson
Samson changes his form resembling a cockchroach meanwhile him and Fillia lunges against the opponents, this move is Air OK. Use QCBQCB + Attack button to use it.

Blockbuster 2 - Fenrir Drive
Similar to Updo at the start but it's followed by Samson doing a dive attack biting the foe.

Ultimate Attack - Tricobezoar
Samson roars and transforms into a monster, launching from his mouth a skull projectile in diagonal direction (working has an anti-air), both the roar and the skull deals damage.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Mai
Haohmaru
Yuri Sakazaki
Iori
Rugal Burnstein
King
Geon
Shermie

Our poll for a 2010 or later fighter is closed. Hyde Kido beat Zetterburn & will join the roster.

New Job - Nominate a fighter from a Doujin fighting game for the roster. See below list from Infinity Sorcerer for ideas, obviously this is not a definitive list & other ideas such as another Undernight rep are accepted.

And for jobs related to fighters, characters from Doujin FG?, y'known, those obscure yet fun games like Akatsuki Blitzkampf, Eternal Fighters Zero, Maiden & Spell, Vanguard Princess and some others that I don't known if would count like Arcana Heart, Blade Strangers, Chaos Code, Fantasy Strike, Falle Angels, the Rumble Fish, Yatagarasu.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Celia (Chaos Code)

Voting Time
Nominees
Akatsuki (Akatsuki Blitzkampf) by Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer
Blitztank (Akatsuki Blitzkampf) by @Darkonedagger
Heart Aino (Arcana Heart) by HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64
Celia (Chaos Code) by myself

Top 3, yours can only be 2nd or 3rd, Top 2 in results join the Roster.

Heart
Celia
Blitztank

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Results

Heart 10
Celia 6
Akatsuki 4
Blitztank 4

HyperSomari64's entry of Heart Aino (Arcana Heart) & my entry of Celia (Chaos Code) will join the roster.

Next Jobs

A - Submit stage ideas for Melty Blood & Undernight InBirth

B - Was looking at some the job ideas from earlier, wanted to check on 2 things,

1. I like Infinity Sorcerer's idea for Strikers being our way to handle assist like characters & wanted to ask if anyone had any objections or other ideas for this role before finalizing it.

2. Seeing mixed opinions on guest fighters has me thinking the best solution could be to have a general fighter job that allows guests who will be pinned against the nominees & votes of contributers who feel like they should be excluded for now. This would allow it to happen more naturally through voting rather than guaranteeing a spot. Wanted to once again ask if anyone had any objections or other ideas for this before finalizing it.

Has I said before, I have an idea for add Strikers, the Strikers would be selectable at the character selection screen (so not being RNG), there it would be an especific button to summon them. They would work has the Strikers of the NESTS Saga of KOF or the Assists of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. This would be a nice way to add more characters without the needing of them to be playable.
Submit a guest character from another video game genre (That has ties with FGC)?
imo if we have some sort of guests that would be for DLC, and for the candidates maybe someone like Ryu Hayabusa who to be fair is almost a DoA character of his own.

Last edited:
Top Bottom