• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIFA World Cup 2010

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Kinda wanted Brazil to score to take it to extra time, but they just fell apart. They were behind and down to 10 men, rarely have they ever been in that situation. Panicked so bad, Dunga is going to get even more of a bashing from the media then he already has.

All goals came from defensive errors imo, poor Dutch positioning gifted Brazil their goal. Brazilian defender and keeper colliding together, knocking both out of position allowing the ball to glide into the net, the seemingly little defending/marking at the corner allowing for Dutch 2nd goal.

But still congrats to Netherland, definitely did not see this coming, what with Brazil's complete domination of the 1st half.

Browny

Smash Hater
Robben 2 gud

that last minute goal attempt by netherlands where it was 3 vs the goalkeeper and they messed it up was pretty pro, you couldnt even teach players to do that

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
lol GoldShadow I was waiting for that.

Fact is Brazil controlled the first half and then just exploded. Holland just had to stick the ball in the box and they were going to score, they should've scored a bucketload when Brazil opened up as they chased the game. Their lack of clinical finishing might punish them later on.

It was a gift.

How Van Bommel didn't get booked someone tell me.

Robben is scum, did I mention that?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
lol GoldShadow I was waiting for that.

Fact is Brazil controlled the first half and then just exploded. Holland just had to stick the ball in the box and they were going to score, they should've scored a bucketload when Brazil opened up as they chased the game. Their lack of clinical finishing might punish them later on.

It was a gift.

How Van Bommel didn't get booked someone tell me.

Robben is scum, did I mention that?

Holland isn't Brazil. We don't give a flying **** how we win, we beat Brazil, which is enough.

TheMike

Smash Lord
The first Ducth goal was illegal! M. Bastos didn't commit that foul. The ref is stupid.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Lmao that pic wow.

Didn't have to do much, that's pretty bull****, it's not like it was just a gift and Holland didn't have to do anything to get from 0-1 to 2-1.

Not until the red card was given, Holland had to play their best. When it was 10 v 11 everything became so much more relaxed.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
They delivered two balls in the box. First ball Cesar decided to try and knock out Melo and not the ball. Second one everyone in a blue shirt was spectating. That's all Holland had to do, whip two balls in the box.

Anyway, well done on getting through.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Shame on you Dunga.

Ronaldinho and Pato next time kthx.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I love Ronaldinho but he's going to be like 55 when the next World Cup rolls around, and then it might be too late.

Note: this was hyperbole

.Marik

is a social misfit
There goes my $20.

I hope Germany doesn't win.

I'm rooting for Argentina now. They have a solid team this year.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
I'm going for Uruguay now that Brazil's gone.
Hope they beat Ghana.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
It'd be nice if Ghana won. Have an African team in the Semis.

I'm happy that my beloved Holland team won today tho. Win like a champ, lose like a champ. No need for Brazilians to be salty.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Omg Suarez did gooooood.
Red carded, but if he wouldnt of handballed that ****, it would of been over.
SO INTENSE LETS GO URUGUAY!

EDIT:

Suarez is such a ****ing hero!
Uruguay wins! <33

Dax

Smash Journeyman
wow ghana what a way to throw a match.
Gyan's going to have an hard time now, I feel sorry for him and the team

zrky

Smash Lol'd
That was a great game in the 90min. after that, it was bad. I really feel bad for Ghana :ohwell:

Kole

Smash Lord
I would felt worse for Ghana if they showed a little more sportsmanship. (i.e. not falling on the ground and crying)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I can only remember a few games in my whole life as dramatic as that.

****ing unbelievable.

TheMike

Smash Lord
I will be rooting for Uruguay from now on because Brazil is gone. The match against Ghana was amazing! I hope they beat Holland. :p

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Man, that was suuuuuch a dirty win. lol

I would felt worse for Ghana if they showed a little more sportsmanship. (i.e. not falling on the ground and crying)
Dude, you're representing your *country* in the *World Cup.* The only other international competition is the Olympics. The failure is more than losing the NBA finals, or the Superbowl. The world is watching. And you may not be on the team in four years. I respect any man that has the ability to cry after losing a significant game like this.

But for real. ****, they did Africa dirty. haha

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Omg Suarez did gooooood.
Red carded, but if he wouldnt of handballed that ****, it would of been over.
He did what I would've done in the same situation. If one wouldn't have done that you would be stuck wondering what would have happend if you did. No regrets! Good game.

Top Bottom