• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIFA World Cup 2010

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
no way is netherlands gonna take out brazil xD
Uhm ... and why exactly should that be the case? Nobody managed to even score a goal out of regular play against the Netherlands so far and Brazil offense has been more than disappointing up to now. I wouldn't be surprised if Holland makes it (and I wouldn't mind either :bee:).

:059:

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Argentina is going to beat Germany. Maradona is extremely smart he'll know exactly what to do (put Veron on the bench lol)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Slhoka thanks for doing this whole prediction thing, seriously, good work. Don't worry about it, take your time. I tried setting one up on another forum, I can't even draw a table efficiently lol. If you've got other commitments seriously don't even stress.

I want to give points if you accurately predict a draw and the name of the winner after the penalty shootouts, but I don't know how at the moment.
and here's a possible way of solving extra time and penalties dilemma.

Extra time

If you think it will be a draw after 90 minutes and think the game will go to extra time insert your prediction for the full time score, followed by the extra time score in brackets. So if you think the Uruguay - South Korea game will finish 1 - 1 after 90 minutes and Uruguay will win 2 - 1 in extra time, you would write 1 - 1 (2-1).

Penalties

If you think it will go to penalties you would write 1 - 1 (1-1) P and the name of the team you would think would win. So if you think the Uruguay - South Korea game will finish 1 - 1 after 90 minutes and remain the same after extra time but Uruguay win on penalties, you would write 1 - 1 (1-1) P Uruguay..

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Golden Goal was by far the best.

they're still more amazing than the dutch team
Not really, Brazil are pretty crap.

Holland's disgraceful back four will give Brazil the win though, imo.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I don't get the Brazil hate, they're solid. No Ronaldinho!!!!!! No Adriano!!!!!!!!! No Pele!!!!!!! lol as long as thy're winning Dunga is justified.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I don't get the Brazil hate, they're solid. No Ronaldinho!!!!!! No Adriano!!!!!!!!! No Pele!!!!!!! lol as long as thy're winning Dunga is justified.
But they're not going to win the Cup, and that's what matters. That's why Dunga's an idiot :mad:

Anyway, I've enjoyed watching Argentina throughout, and I think they'll have this in the bag.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
They're not really killer imo.

Solid doesn't cut it if you want to win, solid is what Germany's been the past decade or so and has done nothing but end up 2nd best.

I can't really blame Dunga either, his pool of choices aren't huge, but at least Pato and Ronaldinho. I mean Kaká is terrible so...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm scared for when Argentina faces off against Germany...

I'm officially mentally prepared for anything that'll make Argentine lose >_______>

zrky

Smash Lol'd
If Argentina doesn't play their defense well, Germany is gonna get more goals than Argentina would like to allow. I doubt Messi is going to be able to get passed Germany to even help with plays, if even Mexico was able to stop him.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
netherlands will beat brazil so it doesn't matter ;)

Come now let's not push it.

Brazil's defence is one of the best in their history, if not the best. Not an achievement but this defence is pretty rock solid.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
why are u so sure that Argentine will be the loser?
After seeing how bad Germany ***** before, that leads me to believe that it'll be a close match between them too. Did I say that they'd lose? No. I said that I'm prepared mentally for IF they lost, not that they will lose.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
I'm so glad Spain is passing rounds relatively easy by the time, but they are still not playing their best.

I really hope they can do it before this world cup ends. as for the next round matches I'm obv interested in Spain vs Paraguay but also Argentina vs Germany will be one of the best games in this world cup, I'm sure. Brazil vs Netherlands seems to be interesting too, but I predict it'll be boring, like it's been everyday with both teams in this championship.
I prefer Netherlands to win obviously, but Brazil is supposed to win right now.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Portugal were playing 100% pure defensive football, and thankfully Spain broke through.

Spain showed Portugal up, and I hope Paraguay will push forward and show us a real game.

Kole

Smash Lord
i still like brazil actually, i just like netherlands and argentina both better.

Requiem-

Smash Rookie
Uruguay/Ghana, I'm cheering for Ghana but really, I like both teams. However, I do think this Uruguay team is one of the best in recent WC's, and Suarez/Forlan are on a roll together, so I don't think Ghana will beat them.

Germany/Argentina, will be an exciting match no doubt. This is one match where I really don't see either team losing, Argentina has a strong attack and a really creative midfield, which is exactly the same as Germany. But Argentina's defense has looked shaky at times, and their coach hasn't been pressured into making any real drastic decisions or changes from a good opposing team, which I think is going to happen here.

Brazil/Netherlands, I like the Netherlands, especially with the addition of Robben to their lineup who will add a lot of creativity and opportunity to the game as we saw against Slovakia. I think he's going to have a big impact on the game in finding weaknesses in the Brazilian defense that has looked so strong recently. The Netherlands need to tighten up defensively and prepare for the counterattack which Brazil has thrived off of. It'll be a very interesting match.

Spain/Paraguay, as much as I would like Paraguay to win and move one step closer to seeing Larissa Riquelme's D Cups, I can't really see much going their way.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Argentina has to win, Maradona promised he'd run on the pitch naked if Argentina won.

You have to admit that'd be the most hilarious moment in football history.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Argentina has to win, Maradona promised he'd run on the pitch naked if Argentina won.

Seriously? Wow! Haha, that really would be the funniest thing in football history, hands down!

And for tomorrow, let's go Netherlands/Holland!!!

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
lol it would be hilarious if Diego lifted the cup with nothing but earrings on.

IDK man, if Maradona is so confident Argentina can win it he should run naked through El Caminito in Buenos Aires or Soweto in Johannesburg (or both) if they DON'T win the world cup. Just sayin'.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
He so obviously would, Diego is nuts and that's why we love him.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Wow, I was just reminded today that a while ago, i put very good money on uruguay to make it to semi's in this tournament so could be looking at over 300 pounds with the odds i got, im soooooooo hyped about it now. I have no idea what drove me to make that bet, i just thought they'd be the surprise team but sure is paying off :D

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Uruguay have always been good, although I'm surprised they've got this far now that Recoba is gone.

Still I'm pretty happy for them it's been since like the 50s since they were a really strong footballing nation.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Uruguay is making it to the semi's. They are not going to beat either Brazil or Netherlands. I'm pushing for Netherlands to win tomorrow, cause frankly Brazil has been shown to be weaker then what they were before when they had the "real Ronaldo" and Ronaldhino. I'm still pushing for Argentina, I will literally run around outside screaming with all of my family (WE ARGENTINE BBY). Here's some uplifiting Argentine cumbia for everyone whos cheering our country on. VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IFHdHIOUp0

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Maradona running naked? That's going to cause laughter for some while scarring others for life.

They're going to need a lot of pixels.
CMON ARGENTINA!!

Top Bottom