• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIFA World Cup 2010

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
Robben was still one of the best players in this World Cup without a doubt.

there are very few players in the world right now who can make the difference the way Robben does, and what makes me really happy is that he was not 'good enough' for Real Madrid. hilarious.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
robben was indeed amazing
i hate how van persie didn't even do something DECENT for like 120 minutes
both goalies were amazing

also im gonna start placing my money on footbal bets based on what paul the octopus would say xD

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I must say Van Persie was disappointing. I was hoping van Persie would explode against Spain but it didn't happen. If this carries over into Arsenal's season (prolly not) Carlos Vela should have an easier time getting that starter spot.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Actually, the whole Netherlands team disappointed me.
I mean, they did a legit cup, winning every match, but somehow they just jumped to the Final randomly fouling their opponents.... That awas silly after getting that far...

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
Obviously Van Persie was out of shape, the same way that Fernando Torres was for Spain. However, both players are amazing if they are at their best. Torres is better than Villa imo and Van Persie is way better than Kuyt for example, but in this world cup things were different because they came from a season where they suffered serious injuries. Cesc Fabregas and Andres Iniesta too, though Iniesta is so good he can still be decent at 50% of his capacity.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
I'm impressed because people pays more attention to a ****in octopus than football here

However, I heard that Betis owners (a Spanish football club) have offered 40.000 € for the octopus

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
for the lulz, you're quite stupid if you actually believe that thing.

that octopus made 0 calls, he 'predicted' what his owner told him to predict, which is by the way a simple win/lose call for eight games. many people can do that if they know about football and get a little lucky.

but hey, you can keep believing your whole life that an octopus predicted results for football games. yeah.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well if you put a tastier morsel in the other tank...

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
She's pretty attractive, I would too. He's a lucky guy.

Paul is a girl??! Bleh will always be Paul too me.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
Yeah because octopi definitely listen to their owners.
oh god, so you don't even know how it worked?

the octopus has to choose between two sides and eat a piece of something, not to listen to his owner. You can make an octopus choose the side you want, it's the simplest thing in the universe I guess.

but hey, it's easier to keep thinking that an octopus predicts results for football games, really XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

ps.
I received a warning for my latter comment and I just want to tell the moderator who did it that I'm totally non racist. The comment was pointing at 'beauty' which is completely unrelated to 'ethnie'.

Jane

Smash Hero
there are a variety of correct ways to say more than one octopus. octopi, octopus, octopuses, and octopodes are all right.

dont be a gay nazi

Top Bottom