• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIFA World Cup 2010

Jane

Smash Hero
i had a dream i was in the world cup, but for pre-teens. (somehow i was a pre-teen also)

me and my brother were both on the mexican team, and it felt amazing to wear the uniform.

anyways, we lost to some african team, but i was very proud of myself and my team. however some little african kid was talking **** so my little brother (whos quite the fighter) clocked him so hard he passed out instantly.

it was lulz.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
premier league is a better league than la liga española. la liga is basically a competition between two teams: Barça and Madrid, while the premier league has plenty of good teams.

however, I'm more into the Barça - Madrid debate, this year presents interesting with Xose Mourinho as Madrid's coach, plus Madrid has already signed some players like Di Maria (he will fail).

Henry signing for NY was something we already knew months ago. he made the decision during this year because he was sitting on the bench very often.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If it were because of number of teams that get championships, you should look into the Mexican League: among 18 teams, you NEVER know who'll win lol

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm so old I remember when Valencia and Deportivo La Coruña were seen as bigshots.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
Of course in the past there was much more competition

but right now its Barça and Madrid far away from the rest of teams, and it's been like that for a while. last year's championship was totally Barça against Madrid and the rest following at a huge distance, never before seen.

what's more: it doesn't seem to be changing for next year, as other teams have sold most of their top players (see Valencia: Villa, Silva). third best roster right now in Spain is probably Sevilla, but it's so weak comparing to Barça and Madrid.

Let's see how the football market moves until the end of summer. Barça still has an eye on Cesc Fabregas, I hope we sign him for less than 40 million €

Madrid has signed Pedro Leon too, a young man from Getafe who seems to be pretty good.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's because Madrid and Barcelona pay like 20billion € during every transfer window haha.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
that's just because Madrid and Barça have a lot more fans and money, life works like this

ps.
Barça has signed Adriano (from Sevilla) for 10 million €

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Adriano is crap though haha.

Just a backup striker I guess. I swear Madrid is funded by the government right? o.o

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well, I have to say that I'm slowly getting annoyed by some newspapers still going on about the Spanish win, haha.

Also love the new FIFA world ranking:
Spain went from 2 to 1, Netherlands from 4 to 2, and Brazil crashed down from 1 to 3.
Italy moved down by 6 spots to 11th, and France from 9th down to 21st, right behind Australia!
Together with Croatia, both of them got kicked out of Top 10, making place for Uruguay (6th), Egypt (9th) and Chile (10th). Portugal also almost slipped out of Top 10, now standing at 8th from earlier 3rd.
Uruguay moved up a total of 10 places, but New Zealand did by 24. Although NZ is still 54th. XD

I don't get why Obama couldn't find a better wife (in terms of looks)
Yea, cause the most important thing about a woman is her looks, not her personality etc. :)

dont be a gay nazi
Whoa, oxymoron alert.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Celtic will get destroooooyed. :D

Rangers for life homie.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
pretty good game

unfortunately, there was an offside during that free kick goal for celtic

i think celtic played pretty well

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol I love this site.

The only place where the FIFA rankings would be called a tier list. :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Real also has signed Maicon I think. They might actually become a good team this time around. Still no match for Barca though but a quarter final in this season's Champions League actually looks somwhat realistic.

:059:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The problem with Real is that they're constantly buying players and really their team is just a haphazard mishmash of stars.

Barças team is all stars but they have a lot of experience together, and their midfield is very well cultured (Xavi and Iniesta partnership for example).

Basically, Barcelona have stars and good chemistry, Madrid is just stars.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The problem with Real is that they're constantly buying players and really their team is just a haphazard mishmash of stars.
The sad part about it is that they let their truly good players (sans Ramos) sit on the bench. I'm talking about the likes of Snejider and Robben who *cough* just made it into the World Cup final and led their clubs right into the champions League final as well. These players were treated like **** at real and now they're the players that make the difference.

Meanwhile Real spends ludicrous amounts of money on players that they don't even have any use for. Remind me again, for what reason did they spend 30mio € on Karim Benzema, who only underperformed ever since he went to Real? None of their transfers since like Zidane ever actually payed off. Ironically, they are currently interested in Mesut Oezil (who happens to play exactly on the same position as Kaka whom they spend way too much money on and who never lived up to the hype after leaving Milan) and Mario Gomez, whose whole reputation is based on one fine season like 3 years ago. Sounds like another season of failed transfers.

Fun fact: Their best recent transfer is Jose Mourinho, who's not even a player.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The sad part about it is that they let their truly good players (sans Ramos) sit on the bench. I'm talking about the likes of Snejider and Robben who *cough* just made it into the World Cup final and led their clubs right into the champions League final as well. These players were treated like **** at real and now they're the players that make the difference.

Meanwhile Real spends ludicrous amounts of money on players that they don't even have any use for. Remind me again, for what reason did they spend 30mio € on Karim Benzema, who only underperformed ever since he went to Real? None of their transfers since like Zidane ever actually payed off. Ironically, they are currently interested in Mesut Oezil (who happens to play exactly on the same position as Kaka whom they spend way too much money on and who never lived up to the hype after leaving Milan) and Mario Gomez, whose whole reputation is based on one fine season like 3 years ago. Sounds like another season of failed transfers.

Fun fact: Their best recent transfer is Jose Mourinho, who's not even a player.

Lol but Real have been plain stupid since like 2003.

Oezil would actually be a good transfer, Kaká is getting on now and he's lost most of his speed. He really isn't great, so Oezil is a good future investment.

In any case, they just spend money on random players because they can, but they never seem to think about the usefulness of them.

Reminds me of when they just randomly bough people like Michael Owen and David Beckham.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
1. I don't really like Adriano signing for Barça, but he's not a backup striker, he's a backup left winger (we already have Abidal and Maxwell)

2. joel, you're plain stupid. read again my commentary about Michelle Obama if you want, and then think.

3. I totally love how Real Madrid keeps sucking although they sign great players. The ultimate fail was to sell Robben and Sneijder before they play their best year ever. AWESOME.

Also, it's true that they have received government funds in the past, that's what everybody says. However, this is not the case anymore, as present day's president of the government Zapatero is a Barça fan.
The thing is that Florentino Perez keeps failing as Madrid's president and that's what I'm loving the most. This guy is so arrogant.
Madrid is going to sign Sami Khedira in no time. Mourinho likes him. Maicon is their next target I guess, but Inter Milan will make them pay for this one.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
he's not that bad imo, the problem is he's not a reliable 'a-rank' striker anymore. to put him in the second offensive line, behind the striker, to assist for goals is not so bad of an option.

anyway, don't be so happy for Joe Cole n9ne, he's already pretty old and what's more: it's really doubtful that Fernando Torres (one of the best players in the world and best Liverpool player along with Gerrard for sure) will continue next season with the reds. Chelsea has an eye on Torres. I would totally hate Torres signing for Chelsea but that's how things are.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
He's 28, not that bad if he gets some sort of fitness.

I think Hodgson will convince Torres and Gerrard to stay. If not, fml.

Top Bottom