• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fierce Diety Link For SSBB

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
WHY DOES EVERYOEN HAVE MY AVATAR ALL OF THE SUDDEN!?!?!?!?!?!

Anyways, Fierce Diety Link is a must, if you ask me. I'd like it if you pressed down B with normal Link and he transformed.

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
No way, thats gotta stay bomb.

And the reason I used it is because its the coolest Sora picture and everyone around here calls me Sora, well the girl gamers at least. They think I am like him.

Anyways, I dont want to see another sheik/zelda deal, they should be separate characters.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be sweet to use him and add a few moves into his set.

They should go through and re-balance his techniques so he wasnt god-like.

Or they could always just throw him in like a gigabowser type deal.

But seeing him in as a playable character I think would be interesting.
Recently an idea came to my ming that each character should have diferent end of level bosses ( in adventure mode). so seeing fierece deity link take on a playable skull kid would be super cool.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
he should be young links super attack, young link would put the mask on, transform and shoot a huge light energy beam across the stage that would smash anything away (like being hit by banzai bill as it moves to the castle). then he would take the mask off. theres no need for him to be a completely different form, i would be happy if he was just part of a super attack.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Isn't diety spelled wrong? (deity) Well anyway, Pro: Fierce Deity Link would be yet another pimpin character addition to Brawl. Con: C'mon guys, there are no cons, FD Link all da way to da hoop son!

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
Isn't diety spelled wrong? (deity) Well anyway, Pro: Fierce Deity Link would be yet another pimpin character addition to Brawl. Con: C'mon guys, there are no cons, FD Link all da way to da hoop son!
The con is the most minor of minor 'characters' (I use that word very, very loosely) would be added for no other reason than he looks "cool".

What role does Fiercy Deity Link play to any Zelda storyline? He doesn't have a role.

How many games has he been in? One.

How big was his role in that game? He was an unneeded sidequest which required you to get EVERY other mask in the game to take part in it.

You could collect all the masks and then take part in the hide and seek games and then, and only then, would you get a mask that could only be used in boss fights. Boss fights that you have already done (although you could get the mask before you beat Majora's Mask but chances are you didn't collect all the masks before you went up to the moon for the first time).

Also the boss fights didn't last very long with the mask on and they weren't much fun (unless you find God mode, i.e. no challenge, fun). The first one took around 15 seconds to kill, the second took around 3 minutes because you had to wait for him to run around the map, the third took about two minute and it wasn't much use against the fourth dungeon boss. It'd take about 5 minutes (at the very most) to beat all three of Majora's Mask forms.

Fierce Deity Link would be a horrible addition.

Let other franchises have their A characters (or even B characters) before Zelda gets a P list character in.

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
I disagree.

You cant base him solely on the actual game.

I dont recal Zelda ever fighting in a Zelda game, except for the small mount in OoT.

Yet she was still put in with a full moveset. And people loved it. Sheik never fought either, she was just a disguise for Zelda, also in how many games? one.

So saying only one game with a minor role is a reason he shouldnt get in wont work here. Because thats pretty much how Sheik was, except she taught you ocarina songs. Woopie.

D

Deleted member

Smash is coolness.

Its like one of those rare moments where you can actualy have Spiderman fight Superman and not have the universe implode ;).

Every character that is added is put in because they look cool (or goofy or downright dumb) in some respect.

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha yeah pretty much.

Its a fun game, originally meant to be somewhat like Mario Party is, because of the items.

But of course we had to go and make it serious and have stupid tournaments to ruin it. (Note: insane amounts of sarcasm)

But yeah, who cares what the character looks like, if it is the character it doesnt mean that they will be just like the game.

In OoT young Link couldnt use the bow.

And Adult Link did not have the Boomerang.

So they do get changed.

Oh yeah and no oen but Mario had a second jump or wall jump in any of their games either!

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
I disagree.

You cant base him solely on the actual game.

I dont recal Zelda ever fighting in a Zelda game, except for the small mount in OoT.

Yet she was still put in with a full moveset. And people loved it. Sheik never fought either, she was just a disguise for Zelda, also in how many games? one.

So saying only one game with a minor role is a reason he shouldnt get in wont work here. Because thats pretty much how Sheik was, except she taught you ocarina songs. Woopie.
I have no idea why you talked about movesets...

Also can't believe you think Sheik was a minor character in OoT. She helped you throughout the second half of the game and the final (and argueably best) plot twist of OoT was the fact Sheik was Zelda. She saved Princess Ruto from the ice in Zora's Domain. She was Zelda. She taught you the warp songs. She was Zelda. She was major.

Fierce Deity Link, on the other hand, plays no role in the story of Majora's Mask. None whatsoever. You get a wee bit about how the mask might be more evil than Majora's Mask but thats it. Nothing else is explained. It plays no part. None. It's completely insignificant.

Again I don't know why you're talking about movesets...Or how characters change.

That's not my point.

Again the point is.

Fierce Deity Link, in the grand scheme of things, is nothing but a sidequest that gives you some insane power to use against bosses you've already defeated in a game you've already beat. "Woopie."

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Yes Deity is spelled Deity because it's derived from the Latin 'Deus' meaning 'God' or 'a God', as in "Deus ex Machina"

Yes I must seize any opportunity to be pedantic.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha yeah pretty much.

Its a fun game, originally meant to be somewhat like Mario Party is, because of the items.

But of course we had to go and make it serious and have stupid tournaments to ruin it. (Note: insane amounts of sarcasm)

But yeah, who cares what the character looks like, if it is the character it doesnt mean that they will be just like the game.

In OoT young Link couldnt use the bow.

And Adult Link did not have the Boomerang.

So they do get changed.

Oh yeah and no oen but Mario had a second jump or wall jump in any of their games either!

Never played the old Metroid games before but didn't this gal have both of them?

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
Never played them either.

Might have. But not in the orginal prime. Which came out after SSBM.

There was the bomb jump, and a normal jump, but no second jump.

I was just pretty much pointing out how you said that because Deity was in only one game and had no major role in the 'series'.

Sheik was in only one game, and only had a good role in that one game.

Deity may be less, but the way you said it didnt work with your point.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
Never played them either.

Might have. But not in the orginal prime. Which came out after SSBM.

There was the bomb jump, and a normal jump, but no second jump.

I was just pretty much pointing out how you said that because Deity was in only one game and had no major role in the 'series'.

Sheik was in only one game, and only had a good role in that one game.

Deity may be less, but the way you said it didnt work with your point.
In the original Prime? As in the GC game? She did have the double jump in Metroid Prime but that wasn't the game I was talking about.

I was refering to the original Metroid games. The 2D ones. I believe that photo was taken from Super Metroid and I presumed the Space Boots gave you double jump. But hey, I'm not sure.

Anyway, nevermind since movesets for characters was never my point.

I was saying that Fierce Deity Link shouldn't be in Brawl because he was only in one Zelda game and played no significant part whatsoever. I didn't say that was why he couldn't have a moveset. They're very different things.

So yeah, I can't judge how Fierce Deity Link would play (or what moveset he'd have) on what he did in Majora's Mask (I didn't say how he would play, I dealt solely with why he shouldn't be included) however I can look at his overall contribution to both the Zelda series and Nintendo as a whole and decide if he deserves to be included or not. Unfortunately for him he's only been in one game and so I could only judge whether he should or should not be in Brawl by that one game.

Sheik was Zelda. Zelda was Sheik. If Zelda wasn't in Melee Sheik wouldn't have been.

They came from a huge game (I'm not sure how succesful it was compared to other Zeldas since I know next to nothing about Nintendo history) that did very well worldwide.

So since Sheik was Zelda they could introduce a new type of character into the game. 'The Switch-a-lot' as I've dubbed it. Just like how the Ice Climbers introduced a two in one character combo.

Newness.

That's why Sheik was in.

From a massive game.
Had an important role in that game.
Introduced a new type of fighter.
She was Zelda.
Let the game have a ninja-esque fighter.

Now before you argue with me give me one good reason why Fierce Deity Link deserves to be in Brawl and we can have two arguements going on at once!

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
ahaha you made your point on the zelda thing. I just didnt like your whole "one game" reasoning.

And OoT was the best seller of all Zeldas, except maybe twilight.

Anyways. The reason that I want to see him in is because I thought he was a cool version of Link, and it would be interesting to see how they fit him in with his "god-like" powers.

It's just an opinion. I'd like to see him in there. He looked cool and had a pretty interesting attack and I'd like to see what else they would add in order to balance him out.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
Well, link does play quite similarly to fierce deity link, so chances of him are slim. Maybe as a difernet costume. Same with shadow link aswell. And if they slighlty alter moves between costumes...that would be way to cool.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I want to see him in is because I thought he was a cool version of Link, and it would be interesting to see how they fit him in with his "god-like" powers.
That is the single most noob-tacular argument you can possibly use. "I want him in because I think he's cool." Okay, so who the heck are you? Are you important? Do you have anything, no scratch that. Do you have everything to do with choosing Brawl's lineup? I didn't think so. Personal opinions don't mean jack when it comes to who actually deserves a spot in Brawl. Like it's been stated before, FD Link was only a miniscule sidequest that lets you beat bosses you've already beaten in a game you've already won. Except he sucks all the fun and challenge out of it.

There are far too many great Zelda characters that actually mean something to the overall franchise that deserve a spot in Brawl first. First and foremost, you have Zelda and Ganondorf, neither of whom are confirmed to return yet, so they have to contend for a spot just as much as any newcomer. And building off of Melee once again, we have yet to see if Young Link returns or not, and if he'll be sporting that Wind Waker motif so many have been clamoring for. Then, there's Midna and Kafei. Both excellent characters from their respective games, and who both have the honor of being the only playable characters in the Zelda franchise that aren't Link. Even further down the ladder, we have Tingle. Yes, I said it, and I'll say it again if you didn't hear me: TINGLE IS A BETTER CHOICE FOR BRAWL THAN FIERCE DIETY LINK Say what you will, Tingle is an astoundingly popular character. He's the first character in all of the Legend of Zelda to become so popular that he got his very own game based on him and his life. I think that being the main character of your own game is a lot more important than being a prize in a sidequest, wouldn't you agree?

So there you have it. Six characters, all important, all deserving. Why would the creators of Brawl want to include another form of Link when they have so many much better and more original options at their disposal?

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
Um, ok?

I was stating an opinion. I clearly stated that it was only an opinion, not an argument.

Read the whole post next time.

anyway, that whole changing moves between costumes would be pretty amazing.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Yeah, sorry about that. I guess I did go a little far. It just gets under my skin when people use the 'because I think he's cool' reason. I've been to other Smash forums where all they do is just scream about who looks coolest and how that means
theres no way he wont be in cause hes so kewl!!1 heez basikly konfermd cause he rox
. I just kinda snap. My bad.

But I still stand by the last point I made in that post. With so many other great character options form Zelda, I feel that they don't really need any more Links.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
That attitude I can admire. Tell ya what, since I witnessed da whole argument resolved, I'll give +rep to H Tiger & +rep to Spincycle of Doom. How's that fellas?

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
haha alright.

Yes I do understand your point and respect your opinion on it.

And dont worry about going to far, I'm use to it.

I just liked how Link had the more badass look to him as the Deity is all. It was a better look for link, not a fairyish.

Not that links a bad fairyboy haha.

And to be funny: WHO THINKS IT WOULD BE AWESOME TO HAVE NAVI WITH LINK AND HAVE IT BE A SPECIAL WHERE NAVI Z-TARGETS AND THEN JUST ANNHILATES EVERYONE!!!11one!

ahaha, I randomly thought of that with a few people in school the other day. We laughed at it.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Fierce Deity Link is cool. But that's all he has going for him. He was a hidden ability in one Zelda game. End of story. He had no relevence to the plot, he was an easter egg, a fun thing you could get, like the magic armor in WW, or the red and blue tunics in Links Awakening DX.

As his own character, Fierce Diety Link is unnecessary. Nevermind all that could be done to make him a character, that's not the issue. Nevermind that a clever developer could find a way to make him balanced. All that is moot, because FD Link just does not have what it takes to be considered a Nintendo All-star.

However, he DOES have what it takes to make it into the game somehow. Because FD Link is a very memorable feature of a very good Zelda game. I personaly think he would be an excellent super smash for young link. He would also make a great alternate costume for adult link, although he would have to be modified with a sheild and a smaller, one handed sword and a bow and stuff like that. Finaly, FD Link would make an excellent Boss type character, because that way he wouldn't have to be nerfed down. He could be in the game full-powered, full sized, and as badass as he was in MM.

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
Oni Link should definitely be in Super Smash Bros Brawl in some way or another.

I do agree with the people thinking he will be too powerful and no one will ever play as the original Link anymore. That is probably true so I let go of my dreams of playing as him slicing the snot out of a certain McCloud character. Plus I luv Oni Link too much to even picture the idea of a noob picking the character because he looked cool then ending up dying and disgracing the honorable name of Oni Link!

This doesn't mean I will give up on the other reasons why I wanted Oni Link in the game and that is he is just too cool to just be forgotten.

So how will the great Oni Link get into the game? Simple, and no I'm not going to say have him as a super move or an item that everyone can pick up and use. It is very easy actually; have a stage based around him!

Just like the over-hated stage of Bringstar Depths with the huge Craid monster thrashing about put improved and uniquely different. The stage could be made up of multiple platforms and levels, just like the temple stage in melee. The stage floating in thin air would also work with this stage because in this stage, which I officially call (Fierce Deity’s Domain) is in an alternate dimension of the real world. The stage would be eerie looking, distorted, and foggy giving a new element to the stage. The primary colors would be silver, white, blue and black. Secondary colors would be brown for random dead trees in the stage. This stage could also work double as the stage you verse Dark Link in the Event Mode of the game.

In this stage as soon as you enter it you see Oni Link facing his back to the audience in a random spot on the stage that changes every time you play on the stage. Most of the time he would just have his back turned on you and all you get is to see a cool Wii version of the mighty Oni Link. Occasionally he will start to walk and look around and move to a different position (even if it means jumping!). The little twist would be that randomly and 60% of the chance that you approach him or get near to him, he will turn around and attack you!! Even more randomly like say 10% of the time you approach him he not only attacks you but also continues to pursuit and attack you for a little while!!! This will make you avoid him probably most of the time or even force your opponent into his deadly hands! Oni Link would have potential to eventually K.O. if you have enough damage just like those cars in the Earthbound stage. It would be possible to completely ignore Oni Link in this stage and you guys are just meer visitors fighting in his palace but due to his random starting points you would most likely be fighting in a different area of the stage (that is if you don't mind getting sliced or zapped by Oni Link). This really gives a lot of replay value to the stage were as everytime you fight there it's always different. This stage could even possible be bigger than the melee temple stage and on the side note no parts of the stage will be moving or rotating (only Oni Link moves in this stage besides from the fog moving by).

This way Oni Link is still in the game and all his coolness is fully showcased. The only downside of this idea is it's a complete teaser to the audience and they'll be all like, "I wanna play as that guy mommy! Why won't Nintendo let me!! Whaahhh!!" Well for those people, TOO BAD!!! Oni Link is too uber to ever be a playable character and the end result if he is in the game that everyone will be using him as a character, just like how mostly every1 I know uses Fox.

Also to add more of him in there throw in some trophies of him obviously (possibly more than just one!!). I am also okay with having him as a boss much like the Master Hand and GigaBowser, but just like in the Majora’s Mask game he would be a secret unlockable boss!

With that in note my dream can still come true of having Oni Link in the game!!! (just not playable which is the best for all of us) :)

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
They should just have a powerup in the game to make everyone have a fierce diety form. Just like in Melee, when all the characters were given a metal form.

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
yeah that seems like a cool idea.

but it would call for way too much thinking and un necessary programming for the developers.

I am sticking with him as a character, and you cant base him on Majoras play at all.

Look how fox and falco came, I dont recall them haveing all those attacks in their games, they came up with them out of the blue, they can do the sae with Deity

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
yeah that seems like a cool idea.

but it would call for way too much thinking and un necessary programming for the developers.

I am sticking with him as a character, and you cant base him on Majoras play at all.

Look how fox and falco came, I dont recall them haveing all those attacks in their games, they came up with them out of the blue, they can do the sae with Deity
Yes but Fox is the main character of his series and Falco is one of the main characters.

Fierce Deity is not one of the main characters of the Zelda franchise. In fact he's a nobody in the franchise.

Zodiac

Smash Master
no duh! thats y he wont be in the new game he would be top tier for sure and be unstopible,but i can dream lol
if this were true, fox would have never made into ssb in the first place.

Top Bottom