• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fierce Diety Link For SSBB

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
they can keep young link and make this into his transfomation In fact Young link can be a multi character he can be Zora link, Deku link, Goron link, and bbbb four times ONi link it'll get cloes up to him showing that he put on the mask and he'll stay link that during the game or make that young links S.Smash

H3L105

Smash Cadet
FD Link would be a sweet new character! He may be an obscure character compared to some of the regulars, but think about it like this:

1) In Melee, Marth and Roy were almost completely unheard of in the US. Fire Emblem hadn't even come out in the states at the time Melee was out.

2) Ness in a way was also obscure. I honestly hadn't even heard of him until his introduction in the first Smash.

3) Don't gimme that "he's to Godly" excuse either. Mewtwo was Godly in Red/Blue! They toned him down alot for Melee. Albeit too much I think. Mewtwo was, in my opinion, nearly impossible to master.

4) Also, there is plenty to work with concerning his moveset. He wouldn't necessarily be a Marth/Roy clone, but he could have a shield-breaker esque technique for B, his magic-powered energy disks assigned to >B, and something like Falco/Fox >B rushing at his opponents with his double helix, except it would be about the speed of C.Falcon's >B and be used as his down B. His jump could possibly be like Link's, or maybe something like a burst of magic that shoots him up. Kind of like the magic the emmanates from his sword.

In any case, he would be toned down. Still very bad-@$$, but toned down to the Brawl scenario.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
fierce diety link should not be a single character, yet he should be in the game. it wouldnt make sense if you could play as link while his super saian form is available as a seperate character. FD link should definately be Y link's brawl move if he (hopefully) returns to brawl. if this happens and FD link is a brawl move of y link, FD link should either be a temporary uber transformation or part5 of an attack where FD link shoots a barrage of energy discs.

H3L105

Smash Cadet
What can Cel-Shaded Link do? Conduct them to death?
Well, actually I kind of like WW. But still. Young Link is my best character, and is the only one capable of using FD. Not to mention I'm selfish and I want my FD in there more than I want taffy. And I am a man who loves his taffy.
But seriously. Even you must succumb to the might of Oni-Link/FD Link. I was playing Majora's Mask when I thought of this. I was like "Fierce Deity is the most awesomest thing in existence...too bad he was a victim to 5th generation graphics...BUT WAIT! Brawl!!! Now is his chance to pwn all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111forty-two111"

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
the thing about cel shaded link is... what would his in game name be? he wouldnt be young link, and i doubt he would be named after what game he is from or his graphics style.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
FD Link would be a sweet new character! He may be an obscure character compared to some of the regulars, but think about it like this:

1) In Melee, Marth and Roy were almost completely unheard of in the US. Fire Emblem hadn't even come out in the states at the time Melee was out.

2) Ness in a way was also obscure. I honestly hadn't even heard of him until his introduction in the first Smash.

3) Don't gimme that "he's to Godly" excuse either. Mewtwo was Godly in Red/Blue! They toned him down alot for Melee. Albeit too much I think. Mewtwo was, in my opinion, nearly impossible to master.

4) Also, there is plenty to work with concerning his moveset. He wouldn't necessarily be a Marth/Roy clone, but he could have a shield-breaker esque technique for B, his magic-powered energy disks assigned to >B, and something like Falco/Fox >B rushing at his opponents with his double helix, except it would be about the speed of C.Falcon's >B and be used as his down B. His jump could possibly be like Link's, or maybe something like a burst of magic that shoots him up. Kind of like the magic the emmanates from his sword.

In any case, he would be toned down. Still very bad-@$$, but toned down to the Brawl scenario.
1) Marth is Fire Emblem. He may not have been known in the West but he was still the no.1 character from his franchise. Fierce Deity Link is not the no.1 character from his franchise (as we've already covered he is an incredibly obscure character). Roy was a clone of Marth, put in for some advertising for the upcoming FE game and in said game he was the number 1 character. I don't think there's any Fierce Deity Link games coming up (or any character he cabe a proper clone of).

2) I've never played Earthbound but I'm pretty sure Ness is a big character in it (or whicher game he was in). Fierce Deity Link played no real part in Majora's Mask.

3) I agree on this point; that arguement annoys the crap out of me.

4) Nearly every character ever can have a moveset....

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
I don't have a picture, but what do you think?

He'd be such a leet character IMO.

just because he's a leet character? that's a lot of information as to WHY he should be on there.

He's the Link from Majora's Mask that wore the Fierce Diety Mask. (Which is the best mask EVAR) Remember how fun it was to wreak your vengeance upon that boss you just wanted to own so badly?
I didn't like the game, Majora's Mask, mainly because it was too hard.

Well, what do you guys think of him hitting the Brawl stage?
He would be a so-so character, not bad but not good either...

He'd be such a popular character, if you ask me. His looks are the best of any Link variant, PERIOD.
Agreed. He is the best link variant. But, I don't think that a lot of people would care to have him on there as much as you...

No, He's a minor and optional character
disagree to no, but agreed to minor and optional character. I've hardly heard of him myself, but i think he would be a cool character to use for a while.
i think fierce link would be the best idea ever for ssbb.glad someone else wants him as a character besides me.
Your not alone.....

Already mainly did, but here's some more information from me...He'll be like Ganondorf, pichu, falco, dr.mario, and luigi-a clone none the less...His sword and his outfit are unique, but he still looks a little too much like link still, doesn't he? He's a wanted character by me, to mainly see how he ends up in Brawl. A lot of "wanted" characters aren't going to make it into brawl...Hopefully you know that....(no offense)
He would be cheap. He would just pwn everybody. I don't want God-like characters.
He wouldn't be cheap, your just basing him upon his looks, just like a lot of other people. Everyone has a weakness, like that Yoshi doesn't have a triple jump. See what i mean? He isn't god-like, no matter HOW you put it.

Metal Mario was a boss character in SSB64. He becasme very popular, and metal versions of everyone could be made through an item in SSBM.
Wrong. He was a Sub-boss, not a boss. He became popular in Super Mario 64, when mario first got the Metal Cap.

Now then, what if the Fierce Diety Mask became an item in SSBB? Then, everyone could have a Fierce Diety Version of themselves!!!
But wouldn't that just be too much work for Sakurai and his team? good idea, though....

hater!!!!!!!! but i undurstand u though but i have a dream that fierce link will be in ssbb now is that so wrong?
Is he a hater because he has his own opinion, like i have my own against sonic?
Recall Mewtwo? He was the most powerful Pokemon in the games, and even more powerful in the anime. Yet here we have a lower tier Mewtwo.

Now, tell me again that "Super Saiyan Link" won't work.
Nicely said...I remember, that mewtwo WAS one of the strongest characters, but i always beat him up in Melee. Same goes for almost every character, like Dk.

Hey, Oni Link is ********, and the thought of him getting into Brawl is ********.

You honestly want to put ANOTHER Link in this game? How ****ing stupid are you? Variety would be a better idea, instead of having 2-3 ****ing Links. I would rather see a ****ing GOOMBA in this game than Oni Link. You people come up with the ****tiest ****ing ideas ever, and if you made the game, nobody would buy it.
Dude, it's just an idea. How much of a chance does he REALLY have of getting in? 50%? 120%? 0.01%? You don't know, and you yourself can't decide on who and who cannot be in Brawl. Thank you. And please, stop with the name calling. If your having a bad day, don't take it out on someone else.

dragonbladeclock

Smash Cadet
pretty cool idea but if Ike or the Black Knight(Fire Emblem: POR) is in it FD Link has some competition. they all shoot lasers from their swords and both can kick the crap out of anyone.

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
pretty cool idea but if Ike or the Black Knight(Fire Emblem: POR) is in it FD Link has some competition. they all shoot lasers from their swords and both can kick the crap out of anyone.
maybe, but who ever said if anyone else from Fire Emblem is getting in?
If anyone from FE is getting in, it has to be either Lyn or Ike. No arguements there....

H3L105

Smash Cadet
I actually think there is a pretty decent chance of atleast 1 more FE character getting in, but maybe that's just me. Considering their previous performance in Melee, I'd expect maybe 1 more.

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
I actually think there is a pretty decent chance of atleast 1 more FE character getting in, but maybe that's just me. Considering their previous performance in Melee, I'd expect maybe 1 more.
there performance in melee was outstanding, but that's about it. As i said before, if anyone from FE is getting into brawl (besides roy and marth), it's Lyn and Ike. That's it.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Fierce Deity Link would be balanced like every other character, and would be perfectly viable for SSBB...

... But ask yourself: Is he a major enough character to deserve that spot? No. He was one of about 25 masks and 5 forms of Link in a single game. Putting FD Link in Brawl would be like putting Midna's "True form" in Brawl: ****ing stupid.

Rash

Smash Ace
Somone's looking to be IP banned........

Anyway. I would like that FD Link be in Brawl, but only as some kind of funky Link-transformation move/item, rather than an entirely new character.

H3L105

Smash Cadet
Eh...I guess Lyn would be pretty cool. Using the Mani Katti and everything...
And yes, FD Link isn't major and he is only 1 of 24 masks, but he also like some of the FE characters, has a massive cult following. Maybe this was in another thread, but I mentioned that one time while reading Game Informer I saw something about a Fierce Deity figurine being sold for the same price as a Wii.
Anyway, I garee with what you said about putting something like Midna's "true Form" in there...but you never see much of her power besides that tear she uses to destroy the twilight mirror. FD on the other hand is playable, and you see a greater amount of his power. So there is still a chance, but not a good one at all. Still, I am all for having him as Y.Link's super smash move.

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
holy freakin' moly!
is that all you ever say? come up with some new material to use, please.thanks

Somone's looking to be IP banned........
Is that certain someone ravenlance? if so, that would be great please! :D

Fierce Deity Link would be balanced like every other character, and would be perfectly viable for SSBB...
that's what i've been telling you people hear on this thread: he isn't good nor is he bad. he is a balanced character, and looks a little too much like link, if you know what i mean.

Eh...I guess Lyn would be pretty cool. Using the Mani Katti and everything...
And yes, FD Link isn't major and he is only 1 of 24 masks, but he also like some of the FE characters, has a massive cult following. Maybe this was in another thread, but I mentioned that one time while reading Game Informer I saw something about a Fierce Deity figurine being sold for the same price as a Wii.
Anyway, I garee with what you said about putting something like Midna's "true Form" in there...but you never see much of her power besides that tear she uses to destroy the twilight mirror. FD on the other hand is playable, and you see a greater amount of his power. So there is still a chance, but not a good one at all. Still, I am all for having him as Y.Link's super smash move.
yeah, FD Link was a pretty expensive figurine, and only a certain amount (like about 25,000) were made. :urg:
Y. Link's super smash move? what are you talking about?:confused:

... But ask yourself: Is he a major enough character to deserve that spot? No. He was one of about 40 masks and 5 forms of Link in a single game. Putting FD Link in Brawl would be like putting Midna's "True form" in Brawl: ****ing stupid.
agreed. He isn't a major enough character to be on Brawl, but he would be interesting and unique. end of discussion

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Y Link is the main character in MM, and he turns into FD Link when he puts on the mask...
That's why I agree with him being Y Link's super smash.

Did you not know that or something?

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
Y Link is the main character in MM, and he turns into FD Link when he puts on the mask...
That's why I agree with him being Y Link's super smash.

Did you not know that or something?
no, mainly because i don't like MM as much as OoT, but still......

I wonder why FDLink wasn't in Melee...
Probably because he didn't have that much of a fanbase as he does now, or they just simply didn't think of him at the time....Who knows...:D

For someone with such a cool name, you say that an awful lot.
I wouldn't call "ravenlance" a cool name, but that's my opinon........

D

Deleted member

Whoa, BlueFlames you also support Roy for Brawl. Nice to see another face who isn't anti-Roy!

Yes FD link should make an appearance, but as an item, a super smash, or as a final unique boss (for Ganondorf) only.

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
Fierce Diety Link will fit perfectly on Brawl
yes....he would....if people stop complaining about him being to "powerful"....
Whoa, BlueFlames you also support Roy for Brawl. Nice to see another face who isn't anti-Roy!
Yup! :D i mainly support him, because i just simply think that Roy is better than Marth! (not trying to offend anyone)

Yes FD link should make an appearance, but as an item, a super smash, or as a final unique boss (for Ganondorf) only.
as an item? why?would be too much work for the creator's, what i said previously...and a unique boss for ganondorf? but didn't he fight link instead of ganondorf?:confused:

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Excellent Idea

Well done to whoever thought of this. Fierce Deity link will be a great character for brawl. His double bladed sword and dark energy disks will be great as moves. IMO, it was a shame that you could only use the fierce deity link for a tiny bit in Majoras mask.

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
Yeah well, like Giga Bowser is.
k......didn't really answer my question, just confused me more.....

Well done to whoever thought of this. Fierce Deity link will be a great character for brawl. His double bladed sword and dark energy disks will be great as moves. IMO, it was a shame that you could only use the fierce deity link for a tiny bit in Majoras mask.
as i said earlier, he's a minor character. He's probably been in only one zelda game, majora's mask, and that's it. I like the idea of him being a character on Brawl, but people complain alot, and today, on valentines day, im not going to try and piss (sorry for cussing) anyone off....

H3L105

Smash Cadet
as an item? why?would be too much work for the creator's, what i said previously...and a unique boss for ganondorf? but didn't he fight link instead of ganondorf?:confused:

Not quite. Link wore the mask, but never fought FD. FD is only capable of fighting Odolwa, Goht, Gyorg, Twinmold, and Majora. But still, I do like the idea of him being a unique boss for Ganondorf. As for the item idea, I have to agree that it'd take waaaaay too long for the creator's, and that's time they don't have. Besides, could you see an FD Bowser or Jigglypuff?! That'd be just way too weird!

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Not quite. Link wore the mask, but never fought FD. FD is only capable of fighting Odolwa, Goht, Gyorg, Twinmold, and Majora. But still, I do like the idea of him being a unique boss for Ganondorf. As for the item idea, I have to agree that it'd take waaaaay too long for the creator's, and that's time they don't have. Besides, could you see an FD Bowser or Jigglypuff?! That'd be just way too weird!
Why ganondorf he wasn't even in majoras mask. If skull kid gets in he could be his boss character if they add bosses that is.

H3L105

Smash Cadet
Oh, yeah, if it's Skull Kid then that'd be way better. But I was saying it shouldn't be a unique boss for Link since Link is a protagonist, and so is Fierce Deity. It wouldn't make alot of sense. But if Skull Kid wasn't it, then Ganondorf vs. FD wouldn't be that bad since it'd be good vs. evil.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Bleh. I do really like the idea of Y.Link using masks to transform into different characters, and all those other Link Forms have a different moveset. It'd be like an extreme zelda to shiek.

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
It would be awesome if there is going to be a Fierce Deity Mask as a item, or perhaps Fierce Deity Link as a late boss.

Top Bottom