• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fierce Diety Link For SSBB

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
is there any1 else from the zelda series that is more recognizable? fierce diety link is the most wanted thing from the zelda series. he would at least me a trophy.

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
He might be in but I think only as a boss or something, he is too powerful. Or maybe he'll be in it as a trophy, if they bring them back

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i did this on another page but people are forgettin about it
i luv fierce diety link, and i think this is a good solution

i think the fierce diety mask should either be the extreme attack for Y link, or an item that every character can use.

this item would be really rare and only 1 would be available at a time.
if a character picks up this item, they will put the mask on. then they will instantly transform into the fierce diety (god) version of themselves, on their head they would have the fierce diety face paintings, with a blue V on their forehead and red stripes on their cheeks and their hair (if they have any) and eyes will turn white. on their torso they would get the fierce diety battle armour, this armour would reduce damage. on their left arm they would get the fierce diety double helix sword (this sword would replace any other equipment they would be holding and you cant hold other weapons while wearing the mask) this sword can absorb any projectiles if the character is standing still like links shield, the sword would replace the A, tilt side and smash side with powerful sword strikes, the tilt and smash would shoot out a wave of dark energy (like a star rod shooting stars), all these attacks would be very powerful.
while wearing this mask, the characters clothes colour would be changed to light blue to.
this mask gets removed like a bunny hood, if u are smashed too hard, if you wear it too long and if u get KO'ed. if you are smashed too hard and the mask gets removed, the mask would fall to the floor and other people could wear it. And lastly, if the wearer is a child like ness or Y link, they will become a taller adult while wearing the mask.
FD link is too powerful to be a single character, he is better than the 2 other links in every way. although i remember wanting him in the next SSB ever since the release of SSBM, i remember seeing him on a nintendo poll of the most wanted characters in SSB pretty long ago.
btw as much as i hate to say it oni link wouldnt work as a single character, his only weapon is his sword that can only do 2 things: slash and shoot energy beams, although it is the most powerful sword ever in any zelda game, with nothing (i think cause i dont think i remember the MM bosses being able to block it) being able to stop it.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
FiErCe_oNi said:
i did this on another page but people are forgettin about it
i luv fierce diety link, and i think this is a good solution

i think the fierce diety mask should either be the extreme attack for Y link, or an item that every character can use.

this item would be really rare and only 1 would be available at a time.
if a character picks up this item, they will put the mask on. then they will instantly transform into the fierce diety (god) version of themselves, on their head they would have the fierce diety face paintings, with a blue V on their forehead and red stripes on their cheeks and their hair (if they have any) and eyes will turn white. on their torso they would get the fierce diety battle armour, this armour would reduce damage. on their left arm they would get the fierce diety double helix sword (this sword would replace any other equipment they would be holding and you cant hold other weapons while wearing the mask) this sword can absorb any projectiles if the character is standing still like links shield, the sword would replace the A, tilt side and smash side with powerful sword strikes, the tilt and smash would shoot out a wave of dark energy (like a star rod shooting stars), all these attacks would be very powerful.
while wearing this mask, the characters clothes colour would be changed to light blue to.
this mask gets removed like a bunny hood, if u are smashed too hard, if you wear it too long and if u get KO'ed. if you are smashed too hard and the mask gets removed, the mask would fall to the floor and other people could wear it. And lastly, if the wearer is a child like ness or Y link, they will become a taller adult while wearing the mask.
FD link is too powerful to be a single character, he is better than the 2 other links in every way. although i remember wanting him in the next SSB ever since the release of SSBM, i remember seeing him on a nintendo poll of the most wanted characters in SSB pretty long ago.
btw as much as i hate to say it oni link wouldnt work as a single character, his only weapon is his sword that can only do 2 things: slash and shoot energy beams, although it is the most powerful sword ever in any zelda game, with nothing (i think cause i dont think i remember the MM bosses being able to block it) being able to stop it.

that's a great idea man BUT
What if he were a hidden boss like giga bowser and crazy hand and with the debug menu
(for the next game if some1 figures it out and im sure some1 will) u can play as him.

chew on that for a minute, savor it
here's some A1 sauce make even better

D

Deleted member

I'm glad someone else likes the Zelda no Densetsu mangas here.

Seriously though, the MM manga was really cool, and FD Link even more so.

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
Way too powerful of a character...sure, he would be awesome to play as, but would PWN everybody in his way...cheap =P

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
1. The issue is not Oni Link being over-powered.

2. They will not add an optional minor character who appeared in one Zelda game who could only be used in Boss rooms and who you'd get about a minutes play time before you killed the boss.

3. I love Majora's Mask and playing as Oni Link was great fun but no.

4. Just no.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I don't really care about his inclusion in the first place, but "He'd be too powerful/cheap/whatever" is the dumbest comment I have ever heard, and you should be sterilized so you can't produce children. How many of the characters in SSB actually resemble their power in their original games? Almost none.

CerberusSmasher

Smash Rookie
Paranoid_Android said:
I don't really care about his inclusion in the first place, but "He'd be too powerful/cheap/whatever" is the dumbest comment I have ever heard, and you should be sterilized so you can't produce children. How many of the characters in SSB actually resemble their power in their original games? Almost none.
I totally agree with you, but just leave it as Y. Link's attack, that way no disagreements. I see you posted almost none, I was about to start a disagreement...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
FiErCe_oNi said:
is there any1 else from the zelda series that is more recognizable? fierce diety link is the most wanted thing from the zelda series. he would at least me a trophy.
no Vaati, Skull Kid and Cellda link are all more wanted than FD Link and yes there are plenty of characters from the Zelda series more recognisable such as Zelda, Link, Tingle, Impa and many more

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
He could be a boss in events, sort of like dark link and Giga bowser were, and could be used through action replay.

-Zangetsu-

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mic_128 said:
Yeah, you can actually. Does Samus taking off her suit make her a god? No. Does YLink putting on the FD Mask make him one? By golly it DOES. Should Gods be allowed in? No, because they're either overpowered or they get powered down for ballance and complain about how weak he is (Mewtwo)

Also, if he really stood a chance, I think they would have said a bit more in MM about the background and history of the FD Mask. We know the story/history of all the other Masks Link got, even Majoras, but nothing is known about the FD Mask, and Nintendo were probably hoping never to use it again.
Yeah that why there was a New tier called "God Tier" right for a couple of days with Fox and Falco in it.

Not that i'm saying you had anything to do with it. I main link now, but instead of calling him Super saiyan how about "FD Link" so we don't, y'know, sound gay...

But if they combined Link with Y.Links Running Speed, WD, and F-tilt. That would be good enough for me. I thought it would be cool if Link could shoot a beam a light every 4 jabs (normal, not illusion) until he go any % damage.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Well, they're probably going to have WW Link in there as well, due to public demand.

Which, makes me worry about the possibility of the MM's Young Link. So I'm thinking maybe FD Link would be in as a clone if they still decide to do those. While WW Link is Luigified. I donno, it just seems to make sense, seeing that Nintendo's really putting a big emphasis on Zelda now. Almost as if it's supplanted Mario as their 'Main Groove'. And Mario had a Luigification and a clone in Melee. Why not grant Link the same honor, considering TP Link, WW Link, and FD Link, are actually all Different people...technically, different reincarnations of the same heroic spirit.

Anyway, Throwing aside all my personal bias, I've now come to the conclusion that FD Link probably does stand a weak chance, but not for any of the reasons I've argued against before. It's simply because Sakurai's probably not interested enough in FD Link. I mean, he wasn't even a trophy in SSBM and Majora's Mask received minimal representation...But then again Diddy Kong wasn't a trophy and he's very likely to be in SSBB. So...

Well I'm not gonna stand here and argue with myself...but i've already typed all those long strenuous words. [click]

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
FD link will at least be a trophy, im sure of it. and if they are gonna make him appear in brawl they will probably make him affect the game to, so if young link does return (i think he stands a better chance than WW link) he would use the Fd mask, or as i submitted, the FD mask could be an item

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Yes, C-stick down to become a GOD.
[Well Peach can do it.]

But yeah Drik Khaail [cool name] to avoid confusion [even initial confusion] please refer to super attacks as Super Attacks or Super Smashes.

xianfeng said:
I think Y. Link will become cellda link with the name Y. Link and I don't think that FD Link will get any recognition or a spot in Brawl.
Yes. We all know, xianfeng, now go away.

Wallmaster

Smash Apprentice
I have thought about this topic a lot, even before Brawl was announced. Oni-Link is awesome, don't get me wrong. BUT, he shouldn't be a whole character.

I personally think he would be an AWESOME super smash for Young Link. I don't know why no one agrees with this. Also, maybe if he is losing horribly, he could put on the mask and become super powerful for a short while. I still like the super smash thing better though.

And I will be extremely mad if WW Link takes MM Link's place.

puff..jigglypuff

Smash Apprentice
i doubt he would b in it but id luv it if he was. fav game characters ever.
even if u cant get him playable

u all remember the event matches. maby if there still in it we may c him as a computer character only like giga bowser. u get to the end to face the almighty. to bad giga bowser actually sux. i found out after tryin him through the debug mode. his damange is the same as normal bowser. just more shock to his moves

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
but thats like ganondorf in the game he's powerful but hes in the game why can't Oni link be in it i can see him being a slow character *cuase of the armor*

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
i dun kno FD link always reminded me of nightmare for soul calibur and hes slow

wolf link would be sick, i mean dog attacks in generl are just fun to look at (picture Resident Evil 4)

...maybe his down b....but i love bombs too much....

ganonfox

Smash Rookie
they should make FD link and young link be like shiek/zelda, and ganondorf be ganondorf/ganon from LOZ:OoT for n64 lol, just suggestions

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Sounds likea great idea! He could wield that Fierce Diety blade. But what moves would he have that would differ from Links?

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be sweet to use him and add a few moves into his set.

They should go through and re-balance his techniques so he wasnt god-like.

Or they could always just throw him in like a gigabowser type deal.

But seeing him in as a playable character I think would be interesting.

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Uh... Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to bash your ideas or anything, but...

Why?

Yeah, I know, he looks cool, but in the end he's still simply a godmoding Link who has no significance in the game he appeared in. He is just an extra for people who bother to get all the masks. I'd rather have some more unique, deserving characters in the game instead of just a uber-Link.

Having said that, I never really understood why he was this popular anyway. The mask could only be used in boss battles and even then you could just stand in one place, keep slashing and still win. I never though that a mask that made bosses pointless and boring was "cool".

You can compare him to Shadow Link, really. Both are pretty popular. But why? I never understood that. Is it just that they're slightly different Links?

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
I think its mainly the looks. Its different than usual.

I dont really understand it either.

Im not all like "OMGZZ FIERCE DIETY IN GAME LOLZ"

I just think it would be interesting to see how Nintendo would incorporate him into the game (edit)without making him like Chuck Norris in Street Fighter II

Top Bottom