• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fierce Diety Link For SSBB

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
No, He's a minor and optional character
yes, exactly what im going for!
here's an idae what if Fierce Diety Link replaced master hand?
That would be gay; just considering pichu to verse FDL, wouldn't replacing master Hand with FDL make everyone have to verse him as well? kind of a crazy idea, if you ask me. Fierce Deity Link shouldn't be in it, period. And who ever said that there would be a master hand in Brawl?

Bleh. I do really like the idea of Y.Link using masks to transform into different characters, and all those other Link Forms have a different moveset. It'd be like an extreme zelda to shiek.
that would be exagerrating his powers a wee too bit, but who ever said that y. link was returning?

as i said earlier, he's a minor character. He's probably been in only one zelda game, majora's mask, and that's it. I like the idea of him being a character on Brawl, but people complain alot, and today, on valentines day, im not going to try and piss (sorry for cussing) anyone off....
Exactly! He may be popular, but he was a minor character in MM, and you could only get his mask of FD. I don't like him as a character choice on brawl, though. That would be a waste of space, same goes for Tom Nook.

God Link

Smash Cadet
I Love Fierce Deity Link and would love to see him in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as I hope he does. He would return and smight his enemys with Infinite Power, showing no mercy. Many complain that there would be to many Links, but there were a very low amount of characters for the Legend of Zelda, with his Godly powers and stats he would be too good, but like they did with other characters they could tone him down. Being a costume is arguably stupid. thos who have played the game and who are very into/observent would know that Fierce Deity Link does not have any of the items Y. Link has or even Adult Link.

Having it as an item would be cool and interesting but what would happen if adult Link were to gain possesion of this item? Same results? kinda boring yet interesting for other characters.

Having him as a Trophy is fun to collect and look at seeing how N64's graphics were very nifty, seeing how his design is, (thanks to Yusuke Nakano, character artist of Nintendo.Co.,Ltd) and to the graphics of the Wii's extent, he would look awesome and our popular and loved character could be revamped in a game everyone loves best, SSB.

A boss would be to consider him being to strong, I see where people are going with this, but it kills the fun if they are not fully obtainable without cheating or using glitches.

The best would be him being his own playable character, but thats the least wanted option, yet the best in my opinion, hopefully Young Link stays.

The generally best and most wanted option to see fierce Deity Link in Super Super Smash Bros. Brawl would be Young Link's Brawl move as you could turn into Fierce Deity Link and fight for a while or untill a certain time limit.

Sure we all have different opinions on characters, but the main reason people don't tolerate a character is because maybe that character who in some's minds are useless and will replace a character of there choice, in my opinion Fierce Deity Link would be the best, due to his Double Helix Sword and complex moveset.

I hope to see this Legendary God, Hero of Hyrule return from a legendary game back into Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Fierce Deity Link for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

This is my opinion, some may agree, some may disagree.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
While I personally disagree with seeing different iterations of the same character occupy different squares on the board, the ideas herefor Young Link being essentially a Majora's Mask Link are quite good.

But why would FD be such an impossible costume for Adult Link? Replace the arrows with the blue disc, make the sword split into two for a boomerang like Mikau's fins, B^ stays intact, and make something up for the Bdown, perhaps inspired by the Quake Medallion. Seems logical to me.

Of course, I'd like to see a Fire and Water Tunic Link with the respective arrows before they ramped up to the FD...

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
he would be a cool character....but this thread just gave me an amazing idea.....what about Majora's Mask itself as a character!

BlueBandanaJake

Smash Cadet
Ft. Lauderdale FL by day, Homestead FL by night
Here's something I've been saying forever: have Fierce Deity Link as an alternate COSTUME for Link. Nothing more than that.

I really want alternate costumes for all (or maybe just some) of the characters. It wouldnt be all that difficult for the developers to do, all they have to do is model the character and they're done.

I also thought it'd be interesting to give everyone a 64-bit model for the hell of it, just for nostalgia's sake I guess.

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
Here's something I've been saying forever: have Fierce Deity Link as an alternate COSTUME for Link. Nothing more than that.
Dude, your a ******, aren't you? (no offense)
you are going to get flamed on here for saying those sentences.

I really want alternate costumes for all (or maybe just some) of the characters. It wouldnt be all that difficult for the developers to do, all they have to do is model the character and they're done.
There's distinct differences for characters, like Roy cannot be Marth's alternate Costume, same goes for Dr. Mario and Mario.

I also thought it'd be interesting to give everyone a 64-bit model for the hell of it, just for nostalgia's sake I guess.
That would be a cool idea.
he would be a cool character....but this thread just gave me an amazing idea.....what about Majora's Mask itself as a character!
For the cool character part; no.

MM as a playable character? i think not!
It was a mask, never a character! the closet thing to being a MM character was Skull Kid, who wore the MM. That is a pipe dream and is stupid. How does it move? How many games has it been in? What's its popularity? Answers=don't move, 1 game, and no popularity what-so-ever.

BlueBandanaJake

Smash Cadet
Dude, your a ******, aren't you? (no offense)
you are going to get flamed on here for saying those sentences.
Oo;; how can you call someone a ****** and not mean any offense?
And what was there to be flamed about? Basically I meant alternate costumes to replace (or go with) the alternate colors we have in Melee (green tunic, red tunic, blue, black, etc)

There's distinct differences for characters, like Roy cannot be Marth's alternate Costume, same goes for Dr. Mario and Mario.
I know that, which is why I didn't say that. Back to what I said before, Oni Link would not be a new character in any sense, just a different skin for normal Link.

It's like you cant say anything here without being wrong -. -;;

H3L105

Smash Cadet

You CANNOT have FD as an alternate costume for Link because he is NOT Link! There are so many holes in that idea...think about it: Link has a sword and a shield. FD has a massive helix sword. He would require an entirely different moveset. Also, there is substantial evidence that he isn't Link when he wears the mask. When Link puts on the Goron mask, he is Darmani. When Link puts on the Zora mask, he is Mikau. That's why NPC's in MM mistake him for those characters. So doesn't it make sense for him to put on the FD mask and turn into Fierce Deity? He isn't named like the other two mentioned, but neither was his Deku form.

BlueBandanaJake

Smash Cadet
Since when does something that doesnt make sense matter in Smash bros anyway? Link fighting Young Link should be enough evidence that logic is not a factor is smash =P

But I did realize the big sword/no shield factor. I assumed they'd redesign the sword so its not so huge (but still looks the same). As for the shield...yeah, I dont know what they'd do for that (maybe MM's creepy Mirror Shield?)

H3L105

Smash Cadet
Since when does something that doesnt make sense matter in Smash bros anyway? Link fighting Young Link should be enough evidence that logic is not a factor is smash =P

But I did realize the big sword/no shield factor. I assumed they'd redesign the sword so its not so huge (but still looks the same). As for the shield...yeah, I dont know what they'd do for that (maybe MM's creepy Mirror Shield?)

Point taken on the logic part. And it'd still look...unnatural for FD to have a shield. I think they should scrap Celda entirely from the game, save a trohpy or stage, and put MM Young Link in there with his gilded sword and the creepy mirror shield...I do not like that shield, but it'll work. Also, his special could be random: he'd put on one of any transformation mask, and dominate all over them. I can't see a Deku doing much domination, but for the sake of hilarity which is an element of Smash, they can figure out some way for it to work. Maybe shooting a barrage of bubbles from his mouth...nose...? Darmani could just roll up into his spiked form, and plow through all of them. Mikau could use that crazy energy field thing thing, and jump into the other players. And of course, FD could use his massive Helix sword to shoot a number of enery disks at his opponents. This would serve as a compromise really...alot of people think that the more useful forms of Link (i.e Deku, Zora, Goron) should have a more prominent role than Deity. But Deity is uber, so he's gotta be in there somewhere.

God Link

Smash Cadet
You really have to know alot about Fierce Deity Link, like a major fanatic of Legend of Zelda (me) to know the differences between Fierce Deity Link and OoT Adult Link, or even for Brawl, TP Link. Fierce Deity Link has different apperance in which normal Link does not have.

Fierce Deity Link has a blue "v" like symbol on his head, and has red curved yet sharp blade looking symbols on his face with red colored eyebrows too, maybe it symbolizes holy or god like ability. (Yusuke Nakano is very creative when using details) Fierce Deity Link also has no pupils and just a white iris, with a little darker color skin tone. He has a greyish white or close to a very low contrast of very light green. Fierce Deity Link has I blueish silver like tunic, oversized for his musculature. He has a very darkish blue like under armor underneath his tunic and wears a purple-ish dark blue mixed color for his gauntlets with two red strips across on them. He has a very thick dark silverish armor with orange seperating his pectoralis and a peice protecting the pelvis. He has three light blue jewels near his neck closer to his chest and has a dark colored boots. He has one long strap around his chest going around his latissimus area. On one side of his chest he has a crest that probably shows power and he has a peice of the triforce maybe the courage he obtained on his other side. He has no sheild (he doesn't need one, his sword is big enough to block anything) no arrows (if he was in Brawl, Nintendo could be creative, light arrows maybe?) no bombs or accesories like the boomerang, ect. He just has one huge body sized sword that looks like a double helix, like the symbol of Infinite. One side is almost the same color as his hair, the other is a sea green and blue tint to it. It shoots beams but his moveset would be based off of heavy hitting yet his attributes increase instead of decreasing due to weight add ons. All the features probably represent a demi-god like being using dark colors but hey its Link, when he controlls him, he is good.

I consider Fierce Deity Link not a oni or a demon but something more superior than anything else. God that is, deity referring to God (for those who don't know what it means).

I would love for Fierce Deity Link to be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Just for his significance even though he was only in one game, he deserves to put into Super Smash Bros. Brawl because of what he did and how popular he became, ever since this game was announced he has become more popular. We can all hope to see Fierce Deity Link revamped from 64 bit to what graphics we use today especialy in one of the best games ever, that is Super Smash Bros. series how he would be used in a 4 player side scrolling full mobile game. He came from from a perfect game "The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask and deserves his spot in SSBB either as a transformation, costume(don't see this one working out well) , own playable character, trophy, brawl move, normal move for Young Link, ect) I would rather have Fierce Deity Link over any possible character in SSBB in my personal opinion. I just love Fierce Deity Link.

Fierce Deity Link for Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Image for refrence (for those who still don't get what he looks like) Click Here

RWB

Smash Ace
Um no... Fiercy Deity Link is just an adult link with some additional fancy details wielding a twohanded sword(in-game, that is.). So making him a skin would be perfect.
Saying he couldn't fit just because he wielded a two-handed sword is stupid(which we've seen Adult Link do, why wouldn't it fit having FD using sword and shield?).

His blade is Yellow-Brownish and blue, and makes a helix like DNA. And you even got his colors wrong. Seriously... WTF?

About him being superior to all else, how did Majora make him a mask then? Either he is just a figment of Majoras imagination, a servant of Majora, or an enemy Majora defeated.

His face paint and eyes are almost exactly the same as the one of the Oni in Onimusha, which was released before MM, so are the hair, so he is definitely meant to be some kind of oni. Espescially since his japanese name is Onigami Link, which means Ogre Deity.

He is unoriginal as heck and should not set foot in this game as anything but an alternate costume. Kafei deserves to be in more than he does, and I'm not hoping for Kafei.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Fierce Deity Link has a two-handed sword, no shield, no Hookshot, no bow, no boomerang, and no bombs. How can he be an alternate costume to Link?
B up stays the same.
Arrows become the blue discs.
Rang becomes the swords two halves, a la Mikau's fins.
B down either a blue energy bomb, or a ground stab like the quake medallion

Not that I advocate FD Link as a character, costume, or the mask as an item, but it's possible.

RWB

Smash Ace
And on another note, as others here mentioned... If the characters were as powerful as in their own games/series, Mewtwo would completely destroy FD. Heck, Vaati(if he's in) could just turn him to stone permanently. Ness could dominate FD with his abilities to affect his brain and body, Samus could just Phazon him out of existence, Pikachu could kill him with extreme voltages...
Marth has the fire emblem that cancels out magical projectile attacks, and a sword that heals him. Kirby could just eat him.

FD isn't all that powerful...

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
Bear with me a minute and THINK about this a moment.

Metal Mario was a boss character in SSB64. He becasme very popular, and metal versions of everyone could be made through an item in SSBM.

Now then, what if the Fierce Diety Mask became an item in SSBB? Then, everyone could have a Fierce Diety Version of themselves!!! :evil:
lol a Fierce Deity version of character would be awesome

Sandy

Smash Champion
What on earth makes him not belong in Smash Bros. aside from the fact that he is so much cooler than any Smash Bros. character so that makes him kinda stick out but other than that

1) He is way more than a Link clone. He's more powerful than Link, doesn't use a shield, and has a gigantic two-handed double-helix sword that is too awesome for words. Even his A attacks could be brutal. He could be a great long-range melee/heavy hitter. Think Sigfreid or Nightmare from the Soul Calibur series. The only move identical to Link's he would need is the up+B sword spin. His other special moves could be: B- a charge beam similar to Samus' except he would shoot out a crescent shaped wave of energy, like the one he had in Majora's Mask. Forward+B- maybe a quick dash like Fox and Falco have. Down+B- got two ideas for this one, lemme know which one you guys like better, either a sphere of energy surrounds him while he does a DBZ-like pose, or maybe he turns his back real quick only to turn around with an overhead slash of his sword that plants the target into the ground similar to the way DK's one SSBM move did.

2) He is so much more than an alt. costume. He is way taller than Link, plus the things I said about his sword and shield. For those who say he isn't mainstream enough, he was in a BEST SELLING game. Sure he could only be used during boss fights unless you did that stupid glitch...but anywaaaaay, he is way more mainstream than Marth, Roy, or Game&Watch(ew) were at the time of SSBM so there goes that argument.

3) For those who say no clones will be in this game, that fake article you read said there would be somewhere around but no more than fifty characters. GUESS WHAT! The article contradicts itself there. If there are anywhere near fifty characters then ......drum roll please..... THERE WILL HAVE TO BE CLONES. They won't have THAT many new characters. And besides I already stated that FDL is no clone.

So my closing argument is this: I'm not expecting him to be in it, I don't think anyone should get their hopes up, but please don't say he doesn't deserve to be in it. I mean come on, people are backing Sora from KH for Chris's sake and the only thing he would bring to the table is dual wielding swords, but Pit already did that....and Sora is a little bit fruity.

RWB

Smash Ace
What on earth makes him not belong in Smash Bros. aside from the fact that he is so much cooler than any Smash Bros. character so that makes him kinda stick out but other than that
He is not cool, he's unoriginal(If I want an Oni, then I could just as well play Onimusha). There are many Zelda characters more worthy than him, if he even gets in before Skull Kid(whom I do absolutely not support) it's a disgrace.
1) He is way more than a Link clone. He's more powerful than Link, doesn't use a shield, and has a gigantic two-handed double-helix sword that is too awesome for words.
Link has used a gigantic two-handed sword sword(biggoron sword), and didn't use his shield when wielding that either. That means FD could wield Sword and Shield.
2) He is so much more than an alt. costume. He is way taller than Link, plus the things I said about his sword and shield.
The FD wielding Sword and shield doesn't affect me much, as he's just a more detailed adult Link skin, exactly the same size(in-game).
So my closing argument is this: I'm not expecting him to be in it, I don't think anyone should get their hopes up, but please don't say he doesn't deserve to be in it. I mean come on, people are backing Sora from KH for Chris's sake and the only thing he would bring to the table is dual wielding swords, but Pit already did that....and Sora is a little bit fruity.
Bashing Sora for no reason? tsk.

Net_Creator

Smash Rookie
Recapping the idea on Fierce Diety, and other LoZ (Legend of Zelda) characters; From the Majora's Mask, as of the mask transformations, you'd have to add EVERY mask, for fairness, and that would be a heck lot of work, yet a heck lot of fun. Imagine, turning into a Giant Link. You'd have to be a LOT smaller than the one in LoZ: MM, but you could still be about 5x the size of your normal character if you actually GOT it, being that it would be rare. The other masks, being less useful, would be added in too. Sort of like Goldeen in the Pokéballs. You need something to make up for those powerful chances you get. For a full capping of this, instead of a recap, I'll post a mask list, with my comments on how you'd get a change. For using the masks, you'd have every other move the same, but like on Kirby, you'd get your B changed (That is, saying that you use the default controls on the GCN controller). Here it is, but please remember, young link only!:

1. Deku Mask: Link begins the game with this mask. As the Deku Shrub, he can hop on top of water a couple times, as well as shoot bubbles at enemies. Also, the Deku Shrub can burrow into flowers and then shoot into the air – gliding down slowly. Controls: A: Spin B: Shoot bubble ((What else? You get to shoot bubbles as a deku with a little green cap on!))

2. Bremen Mask: Link receives this mask from the weird guy in the Laundy Pool area of Clock town at night during the first or second days. It is used to herd chicks in the ranch, which will get you the Bunny Hood. ((Make a stampede of chicks run across the map, falling down from the sky a bit behind you, then running forward at full speed, until they either fall off a cliff or walk out the edge! Similar to Marill or whatever that Pokémon's name is.))

3. Great Fairy Mask: You get this mask by returning the second lost fairy to the Great Fairy. It can attract Stray Fairies in dungeons. ((Same as grabbing a Maximum Tomato - Not a Piece of Heart. Heals a bit.))

4. Bunny Hood: When wearing this mask, Link runs at an increased rate. You get it by using the Bremen Mask and herding all the chicks in the Chicken Coop of the ranch during the day. ((Ummm.. Duh? Limited-time free Bunny Hood.))

5. Mask of Scents: Follow the Deku through the tunnel (use the Bunny Hood to keep up) that is to the left of the Deku Palace. The mask can detect scents such as mushrooms. ((Hmm... Tricky. Probably let you pull a random item out from the ground? Don't know. Open to suggestion.))

6. Goron Mask: Play the Song of Healing for the old Goron ghost after following him to the Goron Shrine. The mask turns Link into a Goron, complete with increased size and strength. Controls: A: Curl (hold down A, and then press up to build speed) B: Attack If you hold down A and then press B, you will do the Goron Stomp. ((Again; what else? Changes you into Goron Link with the green cap! Lets you do a roll, like Jigglypuff's in Melee.))

7. Romani's Mask: Complete both Romani's and Cremia's notebook entries. This mask gives you access to the Milk Bar in Clock Town. ((Lets you drink a bottle of milk. Like his taunt, but heals a little.))

8. Kamaro's Mask: Play the song of healing for the guy dancing on top of the mushroom to the north of Clock Town. He is only there at night, and the mask allows you to dance. ((Lets you dance around, which deals damage to nearby enemies! Hi-ya! Karate Chop!))

9. Blast Mask: Stop the thief after midnight during the first day in North Clock Town. You can blow up objects using this mask – just like a bomb, but you will loose one heart per blast. ((Duh! You take 50% damage to blow up, and hurt nearby enemies with a big bang! Ka-BOOM!))

10. Kafei's Mask: Speak to the woman in the Mayor's House in East Clock Town. Used in a couple notebook quests. ((I forget what the heck this mask was. Add it in as a useless one for looks, like Goldeen was. :p))

11. Captain's Hat: Defeat the sleeping skeleton in the graveyard. The Hat allows you to speak to the undead. ((Duh? Call up a few Redead friends. Note: They're NOT friends, they'll latch on to you aswell! Sound fun? =D))

12. Mask of Truth: Complete the first Spider Dungeon. It allows you to speak to the weird stones around the world. ((Another useless one, being that it can't really have a use in Brawl.))

13. All Night Mask: Stop the thief on Day 1, then buy it for 500 Rupees from the curiosity shop on Day 3. It allows you to stay up late and listen to the old lady's stories in the inn. ((Yet another useless one.. Actually. Scrap that. Keeps you immune from one shield break as long as it's worn.))

14. Stone Maske: Use the Lens of Truth near the entrance to the graveyard to find a soldier. Give him a red potion to get the mask. Some enemies will not notice you while wearing this mask. ((Like it says, some enemies will not notice you while wearing this mask. It's like the Cloaking Device from Melee.))

15. Keaton Mask: Go to Kafei's house in the afternoon of the third day after you take the pendant to Anju. Wear this mask and slash at the bushes that move (like the ones in North Clock Town) to make Keaton appear. Answer his quiz questions correctly to get a Heart Piece. ((Yet another one, merely for looks in the game. Can't have everything you want, now can you?))

16. Don Gero's Mask: Light all the torches in the Goron Village, then use the Goron roll to destroy the barrels on the chandelier. Take the chunk of meat to the shivering Goron in the mountain village. The mask will allow you to speak to frogs. See the Frog Locations below. ((Lets you ribbit, which will knock enemies back with a scary, yet weak stun! Ph34r t3h m45k!))

17. Zora Mask: Push the sick Zora to the shore in the Great Bay, and then play the song of healing for it. The mask turns Link into a Zora. Controls: A: Swim B: Dive R: Energy Field ((Aye, for those fans of whatever his name was.. I forgot it again.. Here you are! Fire those Zora Boomerangs at your foes, and make them know what pain REALLY is! Dang! Now they smell like fish!))

18. Garo's Mask: Ride Epona into the racetrack on Milk Road, and win the race to get this mask. This allows you to get into the Canyon area. ((Another useless one, for looks. Like Goldeen, it's just that you have more of these than Goldeen.))

19. Postman's Hat: Can be used to open mail boxes in Clock Town. You get his mask by going through the Kafei notebook entry until you get the letter to Aroma. Give it to the postman, and then talk to him about it. ((You get to pull out a letter, and toss it like a boomerang at enemies! Watch out for paper cuts!))

20. Circus Leader's Mask: Go into the Milk Bar, and help the Zora with his sound check by playing the instruments while wearing each of your three transformation masks (Deku, Goron, Zora) and as Link. If you wear the mask during Cremia's notebook entry there will be no attackers. ((Another useless mask. But it does look good!))

21. Couple's Mask: Complete Anju's notebook entry by recovering the stolen mask. Wear this and speak to the Mayor after 10pm for a heart piece. ((Hm... Use it at the right area on the right map, and you get a heart piece? Otherwise, completely useless, I would guess..))

22. Gibo Mask: Play the song of healing for the mummy in the Canyon house to get this mask that will allow you to speak to Gibdos. ((Speak to Gibdos? How about 'HEY!! GIBDOS!! COME HELP ME!!' - AKA: Call a few Gibdos to come running and latch on to ANYONE - including YOU - that they run into!))

23. Giant's Mask: Kill the Eyegore in the Inverted Stone Tower. This mask makes Link big. ((Duh! Makes you 5X size for the time wearing a mask lasts! And gives you a few power boosts!))

24. Fierce Diety Mask: First gather all of the other masks in this list. Then, complete the mini-dungeons at the end of the game, and you will get this mask. It turns link into Oni Link. ((Yes!!! I really like this mask!! Removes the shield from link, just basically again TRANSFORMING him, 'DUH?' into Oni Link. Fierce Diety means Fierce God. He's a WHOOPER! Replace 'B' move with swinging your sword and shooting an energy disc. Fierce Diety for the win! And as of the 'What!? No shield!? That's BULL!' - Who never heard of Parrying?))

Well, that ends that. As of the specs, I think masks should last both till they've been used with B - if they have a use - or 15 seconds. Some will be used automatically. You'll see him pull out a random mask, put it on, and something will happen, then he'll take it off.

Well, what input do you have?

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
NOT as an alternate costume for Link. Fierce Deity should be an independent character. Has anyone here ever stopped to consider that having a character with a sword that massive would be great?

Net_Creator

Smash Rookie
Only problem with THAT is he IS too similar to Link. His transformed as Link - which is the only one that was ever modeled in any LoZ game - looks very much like a reskinned Adult Link. With the shield attachment removed and the swords attachment replaced. Won't work as an independent. That's why I posted what I posted, to replaced Young Link's B-move (in relation to Melee's controls using GCN controller).

melee_man

Smash Cadet
would be interesting to see. But personally, it would be another link.
Sure new moves, but still... and his importance in the game is minor, and really has no background or storyline. and old too... so... meh

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
NOT as an alternate costume for Link. Fierce Deity should be an independent character. Has anyone here ever stopped to consider that having a character with a sword that massive would be great?
Dear god, he's gonna have a tip AND projectiles, can you say Queen of the Gay... I mean King of the God Tier?!

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Fierce Diety = awesome. I wouldn't care how he would appear in the game, (whether it be a character, alt costume, or trophy-like). Any recoginition of him would be sweet. In reality, i highly doubt he'll making any appearance at all, and that makes me a sad panda.

Kakashi-dono

Smash Cadet
Huzzah 4 Fierce Deity Link

I don't have a picture, but what do you think?

He'd be such a leet character IMO.

He's the Link from Majora's Mask that wore the Fierce Diety Mask. (Which is the best mask EVAR) Remember how fun it was to wreak your vengeance upon that boss you just wanted to own so badly?

Well, what do you guys think of him hitting the Brawl stage?

He'd be such a popular character, if you ask me. His looks are the best of any Link variant, PERIOD.

Discuss.
Good Googamooga! why didn't I think of that before?!?!?!? Fierce Deity Link would own

in Brawl! Jah, bless u Serene Shadow! I never thought of this sweet sweet idea before!

They ought me in LOZ prison, for me not 2 suggest FDL!!!:urg: Looks like Serene Shadow

beat me to the punch:chuckle: uber suggestion, dawg! Comments? Bring it u LOZ haters!

The name is Kakashi-dono.:cool:

tshahi10

Smash Ace
i doubt fierce deity link will ever be in the game because he will be overpowered or just too slow to play. it would be a fun idea though

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I've been reading through this thread and a few points keep re-occuring, so to hopefully end this arguing, I shall first point out (and hope to knock down) some of the arguments. Keep in mind that I am a total Legend of Zelda fanboy AND a FD Link fanboy (as you can no doubt tell from my username) so most of this is kind of biased. That being said, allow me to move on.

1. FD Link is a copy of Link.

Retort: No he is not. As has been said before, Oni Link, while not having any backstory is not the same as Link. While we can argue semantics and say that what ever is in the mask is possessing Link, possessing is not the same as being. Oni Link is different.

2. FD Link will be broken.

Retort: I cannot count how many times this argument has come up even after being answered, so again, I shall answer it. He will be balanced. And any good Zelda fanboy will NOT throw a fit about him not being godly, as long as they don't completely screw him over in favor of the series love affair with Fox and Sheik.

3. FD has no/little fanbase.

Retort: Okay, I'll give you that much. Most people who've played Zelda usually don't know of the existance of this uber-badassery character. But think of it like this. His concept art is so awesome that seeing him in ANY game would be sweet. Now think of it like this. Put FD Link in SSBB and make him somewhat good. Not godly, but give him the potential to reach High-Mid to Top Tier. Now what with all the people who will be playing this game, FD Link will be there. People will play as him, realize how bad-*** he is and his fanbase will grow.

4. FD's moveset will be the same.

Retort: No, no and no. While Link (who I believe keeps getting the short end of the stick in favor of faster characters) is a projectile user, FD Link is mainly upclose and personal. I kind of thought of FD Link as being sort of like a Marth with more damage and the inability to block. Kind of like in MM.

5. (not an argument) Make FD a costume.

Retort: Okay. If this occurs, I will be placated. While not being as cool as a separate character, a costume would be nice. And stop complaining about his lack of items, he can pull a normal Link and pull them out of thin air. His auto shield can just be his sword held out in front of him. (kind of like a projectile parry)

6. (going in to the realm of me just complaining. I admit it, there is some bitterness here.)

I know what the problem is. People are afraid of the faster characters being booted off of their high thrones in favor of having an awesome LoZ character that can match them. Why can Fox and Falco (which by the way are too simiiar for my tastes) who are from a SPACESHIP FIGHTING GAME that isn't even a super huge staple of Nintendo fanboy-ism get to grace the SSBB stage, but a character who is paid very loyal (if not far reaching, but not our fault is it) homage, looks freakin sweeter than a chocolate covered sugarcube and has the potential to be a Top-tier character if created right, can't even hope to get onto the game? Ugh.

Oh and another thing, SSBB would be perfect for FD Link publicity. Maybe with all the fans that will spring up in his cause, they might actually put him in more LoZ games.

Okay, I'm done.

Please don't flame me....*cowers*

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Recall Mewtwo? He was the most powerful Pokemon in the games, and even more powerful in the anime. Yet here we have a lower tier Mewtwo.

Now, tell me again that "Super Saiyan Link" won't work.
Hell yeah! You make a good point. FD Link could be low if sakurai so chooses

Edit

My fault. I was typing fast.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
The people arguing that FD Link would be too powerful in SSB are missing one very important counter-argument:

Fierce Deity Link is way too obscure and unimportant a character to be in the game in the first place. He appeared ONLY in the LAST BOSS FIGHT. Sure, you could go back as a "Hey you beat the game, now have fun" bonus and kill other bosses, but it didn't impact the story: It was after it. It wasn't even a mandatory item.

I'm pretty sure the complete unworthiness of FD Link as anything but maybe a Final Smash for Young Link, who is probably gone from the game anyway, preempts your illogical "He'd be too powerful" argument.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Y. Link using FD Link as a smash is a good idea, but I'd rather the costume, only for the fact that you could actually say you were playing as the character himself. Either way though, it's good for FD publicity, and that's exactly what that dark god needs! :)

Oh and another thing, I seriously hope they get rid of crappy recolors like they've been using for all other character costumes. Link could have Magic Armor, Zora Armor, FD armor and possibly Dark Link form. Cool, no?

Net_Creator

Smash Rookie
Okay, now. You guys are just all being fools. Now that we've seen about the Assist Trophy, we can bet on him being in one of those. He won't be rigged, he won't be playable, but he'll be there, and he won't be weak, and you can sure bet as hell that any one of the rigged characters won't beat him. That gives an advantage, AND gives the LoZ fans a drooling over him. And he'll have the suped-up graphics, and he'll OWN! Fierce Diety Assist Trophy in SSBB FTW!!! C'mon, let the fire burn. Burn high, burn far, and BURN FAST SO IT GETS TO SAKURAI!!!!!!

Zodiac

Smash Master
He would be cheap. He would just pwn everybody. I don't want God-like characters.
They wouldnt do him justice, its like when they put in bowser, I expected him to be WAY better on the tier list, come on, he's freakin the final boss of almost every mario game! And then theres the john that mewtwo got, come on, he's SupposeD to be uber poewrful, but hes bottom tier. Anyway, if they put him he'll probablly be high tier and have a projectile similar but faster to Falco's SHB.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Well I pray that they actually make this game balanced. You know, balanced, as in one character isn't statistically better than another in the hands of equally skilled players? As in not having mutliple tiers based on character cheapness? If that were to occur (I fear it wont...) then FD Link could be done justice if made correctly. Make him powerful and fast indeed, but give him some large drawbacks. Like no grabbing, no shielding, ect. ad naseum.

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
That'd be sweet (probably the sweetest thing EVER), but Super Smash Brothers is not Super Zelda Brothers. Secondary characters, even if playable, should be limited.

As YL's final smash, what would be cooler? NOTHING!
As an AT? Well, if you hack the game and give him a shorter sword, he swings it endlessly. Maybe he'd do that.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I don't really want any other Zelda character in SSBB besides Link and Fierce Deity. (and maybe Wolf Link if they make him fast) So that kind of limits it. Besides, Mario gets Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser and any other Mario character they decide to add. So Zelda should get some more rep. in this game if Mario gets as much.

1wingedangel

Smash Apprentice
In my opnion the Fierce DeityLlink would be quite cool for brawl. Maybe you can transform like Zelda to Sheik from Young Link to the Fierce Deity Link.
Wouldn't that be great?

greets

1wingedangel

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Nah, I don't really like that because no one would play as Y.Link then. They'd only play as FD Link. I still say he'd be best as either a costume for Link, a separate playable character or a Final Smash for Y.Link.

Top Bottom