• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Ah, that's still little far away. More time for you to practice with stuffs I guess. I know I need to practice a lot more!

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I see :( I hope they at least record it. By the way, how do you train/practice usually if I may ask? I just want to know how other Fox mains train/practice in general.

Sodrek

Smash Cadet
In Germany, Berlin there are alot of brawler's i can fight with. In a week i play brawl 2 days. I pik Fox very rarely. In the moment i pik very often Marth. I become good with Fox because of my knowlegde how to play different characters like, Snake, Samus,Marth,Falco,MK or Sheik. I play more Snake,Marth and maybe Samus than Fox, but Fox is still my best character x)

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I see... I do play Snake and MK quite often too but I don't think they are at the level of being viable. They are my so called secondaries but I don't use them enough against people or look up some stuffs I can do with them. By the way, it has come to my attention that some Diddy players are getting better at naner locking. Do we Fox mains have any kind of counter strategy for this?

Sodrek

Smash Cadet
Just take care when diddy has 2 banana's on his side. Take a defense position and it should work, when he get you with the nana lock, than he just punished you in the right time for the nana lock x) You cant do anything if your in the nana lock. Just hold 1 direction and hope he will miss something

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmm, that was the answer I was afraid to hear. I guess... May be it's best for Fox mains to not get overwhelmed by naner game I suppose, so that Diddy won't end up with naner lock.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
The Diddy vs Fox MU can be a tricky one. So long as you don't let the Diddy make a monkey out of you (Don't play with his bananas) you should be alright. Lasers go through peanuts and if you treat Diddy's air recovery like snake's (Don't fall for his high priority aerials) You'll always have a one up on Diddy. Also, sour spot nair or a well timed dair or shine will knock diddy out of barrels majority of the times, getting those fast free gimps.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I see. I never liked monkeys and Diddy only makes it worse for me! I think I slightly have an idea how to play Diddy MU. Now, putting my ideas in action will be the biggest challenge for me because I tend to forget important things like DI and so on while playing :(

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
I see. I never liked monkeys and Diddy only makes it worse for me! I think I slightly have an idea how to play Diddy MU. Now, putting my ideas in action will be the biggest challenge for me because I tend to forget important things like DI and so on while playing :(
The best advice I can give if you plan on taking a Diddy on with his own banana game is know that he will most likely ALWAYS instant toss back bananas at you, and that you need to pick up that skill as well. I will say though if you do land 1 banana on a Diddy its a free kill. Feel free to leave a message on my page or w/e if you have questions. I may not be active on the boards but I always have helped those that come to me directly. (Plus I can explain things a lot better one on one.)

This goes for all Fox mains who need help. :)

Maybe thatz wut it iz Zeton. Me playing against him with hiz own nana'z. Btw good to hear from u agn man.
Yeah, been busy with ...life. lol. Glad to see I haven't been forgotten. X3

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
@Zeton, well, if I get a chance, I will ask you directly. If not, I will leave you some messages. Glad to see that possibly the only solo-Fox main in the U.S. tourneys is alive and well!

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Monkeys be monkeys! What are some tips against Peach and Wario? I have no idea what to do against them other than shield grab and occasional dash attack and laser camp.

EDIT: The board has been dead for long enough... I will try to defib this thread back to life asap after my 2 exams lol.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I think it's about time I tried to do something with this thread since my break started and all... So no tips against Peach/Wario other than stay grounded and camp a little?

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I advice you not to go air with them, even against cpus. You will have a hard time unless they did not anticipate that you would double jump and go above them. That's about all I can say. Was hoping some others would share other things to add to it.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Kinda figured that out already :p
Only reason I play in the air is to rack up damage and sometimes for approach when I feel like I can safely approach, but mostly I let Peach approach me.

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
Peach is kinda tricky imo (even though it's supposedly in our favor iirc). I won't comment too much on her. Watch out for her dair, and if there is an opportunity, you could try to upsmash her out of her float. I'm not really sure what else to say. I have trouble vs her too tbh

*As for Wario, wall with fair a lot. It beats all of his aerials, and it's easy to maneuver with due to its" floaty" nature. Dair also beats his aerial moves, but it's a bit more tricky to land.
*Don't overcommit when juggling, or you'll get hurt. Try to watch for things if you can (dash attack landings for instance). Shine stall off stage when his waft is ready to throw off its timing if he uses it.
*Depending on what Wario is doing, FHQL (full hop quadruple laser- and yes, this laser tech is legit) actually works here and there. SHTL is still good though obv.
*Kinda random, but if he throws his bike at you, you can reflect it (obviously, you can also reflect the tires).
*Vs spotdodge spam, use dair.
*He actually has a bad jump squat (in other words, there's a longer time compared to other character between inputting jump and Wario actually jumping...in other words, it takes longer for him to jump from the ground [relative to when jump is inputed] than it does a lot of other characters). Considering he's a very aerial character, that's bad for him. It's useful to keep this in mind. I realize this was poorly worded
*Don't get gimped. I think Fox's recovery is very underrated, but I do think Wario has the tools to hurt us a bit offstage. Once again shine stalling is key, but remember, his aerial mobility is great, so it might be kinda confusing on what he trying to do (such has fairing us or retreating back to stage).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLZkglmTPKw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBfBy4TOHiE

That's all I could think of atm.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
This is what Fox board has been missing! A fox67890 post. Once again, thanks again. On Peach part, I have to agree. I try to avoid dairs a lot because it hurts. I do tend to use dash attack at burst space a lot often, shield and shield grab at times. Mostly I camp her with lasers too. Anyways, thanks for tips on Wario!

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
Peach is just weird tbh. I don't even know if shield grabbing works well due to high pressure aerials, float, and her auto canceled fair into frame 1 (this needs a fact check) jab.

Personally, I just camp a lot. I try to force openings when I can with fair (if I think I could get it out before her aerials anyway) and sometimes dash attack. Upsmash out of float sometimes works. I try to go for combos against her, since neutral phase is kinda 'iffy'. That being said though, she's also kinda hard to combo...

Btw, you can jab her turnips, and it'll clank with them (don't do that vs the stitch face one though!). This is a lot safer than reflecting them, because it leaves you much less open if she glidetosses a turnip up while sliding towards you.

She has a mini chaingrab on us btw. It's not really lethal though. I don't even know if it's worth worrying about.

I felt an obligation to post after you said that about me ;)

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Haha, must be my charm :p Yeah, Peach is so weird to fight against and we are supposed to have good MU against her. I think I will try what has worked when I faced Peach which is what you basically talked about. Hate cgs lol this is like the time when I hate Fox's falling speed :(

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
I remember Iblis and Hero did some matches of the MU. I don't know how much watching it will help, but hey, it's something I guess.

The chain grab isn't that big of a deal imo. The same story goes with Lucario's upthrow chaingrab. They can use it, but it doesn't really do much.

I'm just saying stuff for the sake of some activity...

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Glad we agree upon the activity part! I don't know, cg is irritating because most of the time you can't do a thing...

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
Both characters aren't that good at grabbing us anyway. Hard camp Lucario to get away from it at early percents. I guess the same for peach. You could try walling with autocancel bair, but you'll probably get hit right out of it vs her.

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
ehh...it probably won't work against her to much tbh.
I think it does vs Wario though.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Peach is so.... weird to fight. May be because I play aggressive or something.
I have another topic. When you use d-air to punish and/or stopping approach from opponents, which one work better? SH dair or FH dair? I can't seem to do this consistently...

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
SH D-air works better. By FH dair, I assume you mean FH, then ff d-air? If so, the opponent can react off of that.
And you need to play Peach sorta patient by what I understand, which I can do, but I just don't like it :p I like to play a little aggressive and a little baity.

Top Bottom