• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
The reason I actually record what people say is because it usually is another perspective on how to improve/develop my play style. Since I want to work with those things actively over time, I copy & paste them. Advice about MU stuff or other things I just take try to remember.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I suppose... I am in my process of developing my play style and been seeking them advices.
By the way, reading M2K's article got me thinking... What are some of the moves that cover opponent's options?

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
SH Uair (autocanceled of course) covers a lot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KLbsVbRIFlU#t=201s
Instead of grabbing, depending on the spacing, you can actually upsmash after their airdodge. This frametrap works when then don't fast fall, so it's good right after you dthrow them, dash attack them, or utilt them (all work at different percents), since you can't fast fall during an airdoge iirc.

If they're higher in the air, tippered Uair>opponent airdodge>bair also works as a frame trap. You might have to fast fall after the Uair though, but it works well due to Fox's fast fall speed.

I think those two frametraps are pretty useful when it comes to juggling. Keep in mind though, it might be harder to do against opponents that have good horizontal aerial mobility (or whatever it's called >.>), such as Wario.

There are others I could think of, but those are the ones I use most.

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
Same here. Although I feel very experienced with Fox, sometimes I find helpful information that is key. I'm still developing and finding my own way too.
I'm also still learning things unrelated to Fox, such as adapting better and things like that~

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yeah, I just got my rear end kicked @smashfest. I could not win any until he started using Bowser, Ganondorf, and Olimar.... Need more experiences I suppose....

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Jiggly Puff, Wario, MK, Diddy, and Kirby. He read me like a book... He told me most of my bad decisions or inability to counter properly are due to my inexperience.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmm, I don't have replays of myself playing against other people. Also I don't get to play a lot because I am in a dorm where people have seemingly "moved on" from Smash into Mortal Kombat (Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 before that). So I get barely any practice or experience except for smashfest during weekdays. Oh and they more often than not plays FFA if they play. That's why I decided to try wifi during weekends when I go back home to rest and find comfort away from them.

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure you answered this before, but I can't remember...

Have you ever been to tourneys, or just smashfest?

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Nah, I cannot go to tourney for now. That may change in the near future though. But I do attend smashfest regularly.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
Hmm, I don't have replays of myself playing against other people. Also I don't get to play a lot because I am in a dorm where people have seemingly "moved on" from Smash into Mortal Kombat (Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 before that). So I get barely any practice or experience except for smashfest during weekdays. Oh and they more often than not plays FFA if they play. That's why I decided to try wifi during weekends when I go back home to rest and find comfort away from them.
Nah, I cannot go to tourney for now. That may change in the near future though. But I do attend smashfest regularly.
yea, feel you on the not having no one to play, but try and get replays of yourself and watch for bad habits or things that your not doing (plus watch other top players and not just top fox players, but other characters that way you'll learn a lot about other MUs as well tips that could transfer to your play style or character; believe me I learn some things by watching other characters), save replays of good players on your wii so that your CPUs will get harder to fight (smarter), find a buddy and do a marithon worth of practice for the fundamentals as a player (this helps you get to know your character better), don't play this game every day stop for a whil then come back to it; you'll notice a certain things that you are doing/arn't doing and start thinking smarter in a match. And yea try to go any tournament you can or just host some in your area

I hoped this kinda of help

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Feels like forever since I posted here last lol... but yeah, if wifi's the best you can get as far as experience, it's worth it, even if it's laggy.
Also try to play the MU's you're uncomfortable with ALOT because that will fix the prob.
But everything I said's like, a given haha.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
knuckles213, thanks for info and tips! I will try to get some replays into my wii! And R4C, yes it has been forever since you posted something :p I guess I will try and get as much practice with wifi, as possible given that some of new players are emerging from wifi as well!

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
One question: if you reflect something in midair and you still have your midair jump can you still jump out of shine? I'm kinda unable to test it right now.

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
No, you can't.

You can only do it grounded.

edit: It would be really cool if you could though. That would make recoveries seem epic :o

back to school work...

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
that would be awesome :D Is there a Fox nana lock yet?
[collapse=Tkd's Comments on Nana Lock for Diddy]PROVE that we have an infinite on diddy? Like every char does, those I've found for fox are these; they include 1, 2 and 3 consecutive footstools(before landing) respectively:
- short footstool with nana held + downtoss, fast-fall and catch while drifting into diddy, link to continuity​
- short footstool with nana held + downtoss, drift into diddy while catching nana, short footstool again (you haven't touched the ground) plus nana catch (doesn't matter if you airdodge since you're going to the ground anyway), link to continuity​
- short footstool with nana held + downtoss, drift into diddy while catching nana, LARGE footstool + downtoss, drift into diddy while catching nana, short footstool + downtoss (doesn't matter if you airdodge since you're going to the ground anyway), link into continuity​

Continuity links:
- downtoss a nana very close to diddy while your back faces him. during trip animation, this sends him into you. you can then short hop into diddy while catching nana + footstool​
- footstool the tripped diddy and use whichever footstool downtoss variation you will. you'll need another method if you want to switch directions​
- turn around and footstool the tripped diddy to switch directions of the infinite (like the first of these three methods)​

As for ideas to start it, either footstool openings (poor of him if he trips), or drop nana + recatch with dair into diddy, buffer turn-around downtoss upon connection of dair, begin infinite. There's also down toss from above into nana catch (while falling) into footstool, but for that the nana must've hit diddy directly, not after it being blocked or spot-dodged. way unlikely. People should find more openings.

About platforms:
- use shorter cycles for the infinite to avoid platforms​
- smashville platforms: hold down so you don't occasionally land on it by bad luck if you want: though this requires more tech skill. learn to time/measure your cycle so you never do the first footstool onto the platform (otherwise it'll obstruct you). my method was to use turn around + double footstool (the first before it's here, the second, shorter one to pass beneath it). if double foot-stool wasn't enough to go all the way through it, i'd complete it with the triple one (which goes short footstool, big footstool, any footstool -the third is so short it doesn't matter much-).​

I once tried to record all of them, but my pc is too slow so the recording usually comes out horrible. I don't have the infinite practiced because I don't need it. I don't get to play vs. any Diddy.

It's a drag that a single match-up requires so much specific tech skill.[/collapse]

About the banana footstool infinite, here's a video of a friend doing a variation of it. I'm aware that every character (I think?) can do it, but I've never seen anyone do it specifically as fox, if that makes any difference.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRmGZcMo14s

knuckles213

Smash Ace
No, you can't.

You can only do it grounded.

edit: It would be really cool if you could though. That would make recoveries seem epic :o

back to school work...
you should be able to do it, I'll try and test that out. and yeaaaaaaa I really have to practice that nana lock, never got around to doing that, cause I try to fight diddy head on

Sodrek

Smash Cadet
ahh okay, Tkd has a few options. I dont now how it looks like, but i tryed and found one option to.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmm, I believe fox67890 has a vid on some nana locks. He is InfinityFox2 on youtube or something. He also has his AT thread I think. His tutorial vid had it in later part of that vid.

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
ahh okay, Tkd has a few options. I dont now how it looks like, but i tryed and found one option to.
Yeah, they're kinda hard to understand imo, but if you put your mind to it, I guess you could do it. I personally can't do it, but I haven't tried in a looong time. Maybe sometime today...

you should be able to do it, I'll try and test that out. and yeaaaaaaa I really have to practice that nana lock, never got around to doing that, cause I try to fight diddy head on
I'm 105% sure you cannot hop out of shine when your already in the air. It just cannot be done :\
It's the same way for Ness and I think Lucas for their Down+B. Probably wolf as well...

Hmm, I believe fox67890 has a vid on some nana locks. He is InfinityFox2 on youtube or something. He also has his AT thread I think. His tutorial vid had it in later part of that vid.
I have a vid of some nana combos in it, but I don't actually have the nana lock in it. There's a video of a friend doing it though here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRmGZcMo14s
Obviously the set up is "lol", but it's good to see Fox actually doing it though imo.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmm, testing aerial shine cancel hop will require little more efforts I guess.
Hmm, I will make sure to watch the vid of it. But I know for sure where a Fox infinited Diddy with naners because Diddy killed him in that way during the set. Cannot remember if it was a Yui match or some other Fox... Been trying to find that match ever since I watched it when I felt like I did not need it.

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
I never actually seen a Fox use it in an actual match, so if you find it, let me know!

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
i will use the nana lock at Agon3! I try :p I wanna have my revenge on cyve.
I look foward to this happening! I'll be on the lookout for when the match happens, but you should post it here when it happens just in case.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
Yeah, they're kinda hard to understand imo, but if you put your mind to it, I guess you could do it. I personally can't do it, but I haven't tried in a looong time. Maybe sometime today...

I'm 105% sure you cannot hop out of shine when your already in the air. It just cannot be done :\
It's the same way for Ness and I think Lucas for their Down+B. Probably wolf as well...

I have a vid of some nana combos in it, but I don't actually have the nana lock in it. There's a video of a friend doing it though here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRmGZcMo14s
Obviously the set up is "lol", but it's good to see Fox actually doing it though imo.
yea your right, I thought you could. tried out last night, you cant do it, you have wait until the reflection animation is over to jump or fair

and as far as the nana lock its hard trying to turn around to continue the lock. I have to master this,
the easy was I'm to do this to put that nana lock video on replay and copy what he does until I can chain it above 100%.

question whats the earliest % diddy dies at with DI?

Sodrek

Smash Cadet
I look foward to this happening! I'll be on the lookout for when the match happens, but you should post it here when it happens just in case.
I will await for your match videos after your tourney. It'd be fun to watch. Good luck in your tourney!
haha :D i give my best!! Fox had to be top placed! but against Mr.R or Leon i will pik Snake or Marth x)

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmm I usually try for small little attacks to rack up damages. May be I should learn some strings and set ups as well.

Top Bottom