• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Chimes, 50 bars of metal, fell on me during drumline practice today.

I felt so loved when I woke up. I had the whole colorguard looking over me.

Shout outs to the cut going down my right arm and leg though.

:phone:

Kuares

Pizza
Well I've been pretty disappointing in my Brawl showings lately. Got 3 losses in a row to some even skilled people as well as last night losing to an Evo 2011 champ.

But my MvC3 team has improved a ton. Mostly my Dorm, so much that my opponent X-Factor Lvl. 1 to kill him.

Just gotta take the losses and move on.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Both highly speculative statements.

Not that I agree/disagree with either ;). Anyone else planning on getting the 3DS after the price drop?
i would consider it if i had money and there were more games i want on it.

i still have the big bulky first DS lol
Well I've been pretty disappointing in my Brawl showings lately. Got 3 losses in a row to some even skilled people as well as last night losing to an Evo 2011 champ.

But my MvC3 team has improved a ton. Mostly my Dorm, so much that my opponent X-Factor Lvl. 1 to kill him.

Just gotta take the losses and move on.
taking losses and moving on to the next.....thats how i feel lol

my Fox needs to get better. he's become like Zelda, slow and akward.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
For anyone considering the 3ds around the price drop. Buy it before the price drop from some location that allows you to price adjust it afterwards

Lightning93

Smash Champion
For anyone considering the 3ds around the price drop. Buy it before the price drop from some location that allows you to price adjust it afterwards
I heard about this somewhere and I was very eager to try this for myself. However, I realized I'm too lame to try and haggle a price adjustment if I get any sort of trouble for bringing it back.
longish is time no see.....ish, whats new peeps
We're at 1000 pages *****es
Glad you're okay!! I can't imagine how much pain you were in o.O...

And lol, you guys just need to get more in the Flow with Fox. I find the more fun I have playing him the better I am playing. Maybe there's an inverse correlation, but eh... I'm a little busy to be thinking about it too much xD.

Also I play MvC3 on Xbox 360. My favorite characters at the moment are Spidey, Viewtiful Joe, Deadpool, and Magneto. I'm hoping to acquire an arcade stick soon for those tricky Maggy loops.

D

Deleted member

Mortal Kombat is so legit! I love it way more than MvC3.

Reptile....<3

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I heard about this somewhere and I was very eager to try this for myself. However, I realized I'm too lame to try and haggle a price adjustment if I get any sort of trouble for bringing it back.
You need to be more assertive. Price adjustment is a common thing that people do. And you're willing to pass up 20 free games because you're not confident enough to do that. Just do it, you know you want to.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Chimes, 50 bars of metal, fell on me during drumline practice today.

I felt so loved when I woke up. I had the whole colorguard looking over me.

:phone:
Sorry to hear that bro. At least your not severely hurt.

[collapse=Def agreed]
[/collapse]
I really like the blue, but this purple is stunning, as well as my favorite color.

So good, haha, love the mug.
OMG RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY WOULD ACTUALLY RELEASE A PURPLE DS FINALLY AND ME ALREADY BOUGHT ONE!!!!! Fml -.-

Lightning93

Smash Champion
You need to be more assertive. Price adjustment is a common thing that people do. And you're willing to pass up 20 free games because you're not confident enough to do that. Just do it, you know you want to.
I actually just bought it today :3. I'm afraid of logging onto the E-Shop though because I'm afraid of spending $80 on "free" games if I can't bring it back in because I abused the system LOL.

I want an arcade stick so bad o.o.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Unrelated topic: Someone recommend to me a phenomenal mystery novel that's incredibly difficult to solve because it obfuscates the how/who/why-dunnits while still adhering to the Knox Decalogue. I just finished Christie's And Then There Were None and am quite disappointed.

I actually just bought it today :3. I'm afraid of logging onto the E-Shop though because I'm afraid of spending $80 on "free" games if I can't bring it back in because I abused the system LOL.
It's tremendously more likely that they'd just not allow price adjustments on 3DS' rather than have some sort of non-existent method for determining whether or not someone got the free games. Even if they did, just claim you didn't know you got free games for doing that or that that would not allow it to be price adjusted. Once you've bought it at the higher price, you've already taken the risk of losing those $80. It'd be far far worse to buy it for $80 more and then not even get the free games you deserve. You've already taken the risk, you'd better at least collect the reward.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Depends on how you look at it let alone how your mentality is.

If you feel the player should be more skillful than playing "gay" (where gay is actually smart play for this hellish game...) Then yes.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Everyone has their own unique play style but some people can't adapt correctly to the given situation due to their comfort zones.

Example with me, I'll still fight a MK offstage with Fox and try to shine gimp them lol.

(a very stupid example but still)

crifer

Smash Lord
Man i wish USA played like europe...
why? idk what all you guys have with us playing "flashy" or something like that... and I don´t think you guys play that different.
But since I´m going to Apex 2012 I´m gonna see for myself how you play (I think it´s something different to play someone and to watch videos). The only US player I played was Orion... and he´s way too good =)

Kuares

Pizza
I want an arcade stick so bad o.o.
Hm, in my community there's always a bunch of sticks lying around and the guy who I drive with always lets me borrow his.

When you do get one though, I want to see what custom art you put on the front :)

A quick question, is it normal to be disappointed in most pro's when it comes to skill in brawl?
Just focus on what stuff they do right and add that to your gameplay. There's no point in worrying about other people being bad just worry about yourself.

Also, who wants to rediscuss some match-ups?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Me and Nakat's most recent Facebook chat.

Me - "I have money saved away for the Wii U already
All I really want to buy now is clothes, shoes, that damn 14K Italian Gold chain, and fitteds/snapbacks"

Nakat - "Basically
you wanna look like a rapper
LMAO
"

Me - "LOL
now that you said that
it sounds like it
I wanted that gucci watch but it cost a ****ing g"

Nakat - "brb lol"

Derp.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Me and Nakat's most recent Facebook chat.

Me - "I have money saved away for the Wii U already
All I really want to buy now is clothes, shoes, that damn 14K Italian Gold chain, and fitteds/snapbacks"

Nakat - "Basically
you wanna look like a rapper
LMAO
"

Me - "LOL
now that you said that
it sounds like it
I wanted that gucci watch but it cost a ****ing g"

Nakat - "brb lol"

Derp.
-dead- @ this swag scheme

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
So...as you can see, I wasn't able to get the chain (I'll get that in about three months), but I got some Ray Charles Aviators. :awesome:

Top Bottom