• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm one of the better Doubles players in Europe, and I KNOW - including statements from other good Doubles players - that G&W, Wario and Meta Knight are the Top 3 characters for Doubles.

RPK

Smash Lord
Fox is good in teams as well...
I know >3> I said that on my last post. Which was bottom paged T___T Its just that those 3 are a hint better than him on teams. I think...If it would be top 4, it would be the three than Fox imo, for...All the stuff I said on the previous page.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
I know >3> I said that on my last post. Which was bottom paged T___T Its just that those 3 are a hint better than him on teams. I think...If it would be top 4, it would be the three than Fox imo, for...All the stuff I said on the previous page.
Fox's kill power overwhelms wario's and snake's, stock tanking, and if done right fox can bait a meta knight into a lot of trap damage for both team sides. I remember one match our distinctive goal in the matchup was to bait meta knight to downsmash cluster f***ks. Worked like a charm.

Fox can play gay and run away from attacks, allowing him to tank stocks, throw people away and help pummel the crap out of the other opponent until that person recovers back on stage.

But yeah, having either of those 3 on fox's team wouldn't be bad either. I just don't think fox is below those 3 in team matches. I mean, part of fox's who meta game is get in close, that is easily done in teams due to the little fighting space due to having 4 people on the field.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Fox is indeed one of the best characters in doubles if the other character is able to defend him.

As we know, Fox is basically a glass cannon - if his partner can tank him or rescue him properly with a good defense, then Fox is a beast. But he's in no way better than G&W, Wario and Meta Knight in teams. XP

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Fox is indeed one of the best characters in doubles if the other character is able to defend him.

As we know, Fox is basically a glass cannon - if his partner can tank him or rescue him properly with a good defense, then Fox is a beast. But he's in no way better than G&W, Wario and Meta Knight in teams. XP
*(Shrugs)* I tried.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
fox does lose most of his downfalls in teams. His recovery is harder to gimp, since gimps are harder in doubles, and he can't be comboed from like 0-1080p within reason. He still gets to keep his speed, and it should even be easier to land KOs.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
i gotta toss it in that fox defiantly does good in teams. oponent rack damage fox finish, he can counter camp really well, and even act as a projectile shield sometimes.

(ughh i need to start actually adding things to these conversations and not just posting crap every one knows -.-;; )

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Ditto-Team is usually bad, though, because the two teammates aren't able to complement their strengths and cover their teammate's weaknesses properly because they share the same weaknesses, lol.

Double Meta Knight, for instance, is not bad, but has several weakness that can be exploited quite a lot by a good team.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Beast fox I would like to play you sometime. I should show some footage too :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzY_aO9kAHQ&feature=channel_page

Me V.S Fatal supposedly best snake in the region.
i ****ing love MD's fox (homo) ;D

. . .Also keep in mind that Fox is on a team. . .Fox in teams = God. He's top tier in teams, and Im not kidding either. He can kill, he has a projectile, he can hit and run, he can easily camp, hold stocks, be an annoyance to the other team, easily can go to aid a partner...He's just godly in teams. Also the fact that people HAVE to pay attention to you when theyre at high percents. Why? Upsmash. Also partner's grab release to upsmash. Or if your fast enough you can catch an opponent at kill percent when they finish a throw. Fox is too **** good in teams.

Itd be like, Marth, Fox, Meta Knight, Snake, Dedede, Pit, and ROB. Best characters when it comes to doubles IMO. In no particular order...
lol, no.
Pit and R.O.B. are horrible in teams because they can't play their camp games out. Game & Watch, Wario and Meta Knight are definitely the best 3 doubles characters.
i find Wario to be insanely good in teams
Olimar is quite good, as well... he controls an area VERY well.
Ive heard a lot that Pit is good in teams. Mainly because the partner can easily go out and act like a wall for Pit, while Pit pokes them with projectiles.

And well, you gotta keep in mind character types. Yes, types...The Assist characters, and the aggressive characters. The assist pokes, holds stocks, ect. While the aggressor goes out and does all the damage. The best characters IMO are ones that can switch in between both roles and can hold stocks, or if needed be aggressive as ****.

Which then would result in being, Marth, Snake, and Meta Knight for best characters in teams.

fox does lose most of his downfalls in teams. His recovery is harder to gimp, since gimps are harder in doubles, and he can't be comboed from like 0-1080p within reason. He still gets to keep his speed, and it should even be easier to land KOs.
i gotta toss it in that fox defiantly does good in teams. oponent rack damage fox finish, he can counter camp really well, and even act as a projectile shield sometimes.

(ughh i need to start actually adding things to these conversations and not just posting crap every one knows -.-;; )
Lemme just say Double Fox can have problems when it comes to teams. You fight a Double Shiek or Double Pika and you're SCREWED.
OOOOOHHHH, you would THINK so. Double Fox is actually quite powerful when you learn how to control and space properly between the two of you.
Ditto-Team is usually bad, though, because the two teammates aren't able to complement their strengths and cover their teammate's weaknesses properly because they share the same weaknesses, lol.

Double Meta Knight, for instance, is not bad, but has several weakness that can be exploited quite a lot by a good team.

oh im sorry, i thought this was the social thread. i guess i was mistaken

Jenkins

Smash Lord
there's that little button called "multi-quote" and

it makes life

a lot easier

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Social thread is for talk about anything!

Although it was supposed to be Fox related. (Somewhat.)

Anywaaaaays... NKB... hot or not? (No homo.)
NKB is the sexiest man to ever walk the earth.

he's the second ******* of jesus. oh **** good pun LOL

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Social thread is for talk about anything!

Although it was supposed to be Fox related. (Somewhat.)

Anywaaaaays... NKB... hot or not? (No homo.)
Light...hot or hot?

Win.

nkb Is The Sexiest Man To Ever Walk The Earth.

He's The Second ******* Of Jesus. oh **** Good Pun Lol
roflmfao!!!!!!! Omfg!!!!! Best Day Of My Life Ever!!!!!

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
NSM is amazing. He lies to you with his title.
Who is NSM? lulz

lol thanks dude xD

just got home from work, so tired -____- cant wait to get a job
where I dont have to work saturdays so I can go to tourneys.

Anywho, whats good my peeps?
Working Saturday blows.

I am currently being emo because I cant change my brawl music.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
=( I really wanna be able to have custom music on my wii but it seems so complicated to figure out how to change the music....

So blown.
yeah dude im lost too
lol thanks dude xD

just got home from work, so tired -____- cant wait to get a job
where I dont have to work saturdays so I can go to tourneys.

Anywho, whats good my peeps?
my **** are perky today.......always a plus.
LOLWUT why the **** did i say that HAHAH
Who is NSM? lulz

Working Saturday blows.

I am currently being emo because I cant change my brawl music.
More like DKM.

"doesnt know much" MK can SUCK it

M@v

Subarashii!
In reference to the dubz chit-chat earlier, Fox is pretty much A tier in teams.....if he teams with someone who can tank stocks. DDD and Snake are the best choices imo. If you have a campy meta as a partner thats good too. Dk wouldnt be half bad either.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
ugh just got my *** handed to me by TeeVee on wifi.

i could only beat his ganon.

............................lol

i need to get better/start using a super legit character

Jenkins

Smash Lord
I say use a super legit play style with Fox. We're almost there.
not against ZSS and diddy, no lol sorry

he ***** me with ROB too

and i didnt just use my fox.

DK, ness, marth, mario, DDD

all got thrown under the bus.

lol

Lightning93

Smash Champion
ZSS and Diddy aren't that bad. The main thing with Diddy is to get back and camp, and when you see his only option is to throw the banana, anticipate a shine (if he throws it towards you), or a shield grab (if he throws it away from you, but his momentum is coming at you).

I haven't played many ZSS, and I understand they have some nasty spacing games. Especially if you get above her, then she can up-b>dsmash if you don't tech the fall.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
ugh just got my *** handed to me by TeeVee on wifi.

i could only beat his ganon.

............................lol

i need to get better/start using a super legit character
who did he use? we should Wifi I could teach you how to beat him >___0
hes rly good on lagfi dunno how you had a hard time with diddy though O_O
Lagfi diddys are baaaaad xD.

I always stick with fox against him then he goes meta, thats working for
now though mwahahahahahahaha.

Speaking of teamssince its the hot topic of the day. THIS is how good a
fox is in teams . xDDDD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm1EDVT_F9g&feature=channel

Just looked at your location Jenkins.... have you gone to Icy's tourneys?
If so we may have met already :D his last tourney I was there and I got
third, Bizkit was taking names and got first while teevee got second,
sound familiar?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
ok so all my rides bailed for saturday, no easy money =[[[[

and Jenkins maybe its because i give him fox training on wifi =p

Top Bottom