• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Lol, did you just own him Jenkins?

And no seriously we should get a Skype party planned for when I get back from Hawaii. Maybe have a Fox board tournament or watch a movie online over Skype. NKB has the movies if you know what I mean.

Everyone of course is invited, so um... if you wanna join... it'll be fun.

Jenkins

Smash Lord

And no seriously we should get a Skype party planned for when I get back from Hawaii. Maybe have a Fox board tournament or watch a movie online over Skype. NKB has the movies if you know what I mean.

we should watch curb your enthusiasm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL35da4x0D0&feature=related

LOL (warning explicit language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEUjKZmqRvM&feature=related

DarkAura

Smash Lord
oh yeah did i tell you guys my dad looks EXACTLY like larry david? seriously they're like the same person it's creepy...

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Maybe your dads are just the mild-mannered alter-egos of their respective celebrity forms.

And LOL. My friends and I were watching upcoming movies on the computer once and like 70% of the time the announcer said "starring Nicholas Cage." It was so ridiculous it was funny.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Alright everybody, if you honestly want to organize an attack on Brawl Rules, the thread can be found

Here

Pretty much, you can spread the idea to the character boards that would benefit greatly from it. I'm thinking like Wolf, PT, etc character getting wrecked by CGs.

I still think this is a good idea...so let's make it happen.
Quoted from before so people can find the ruleset discussion thread.

If Fox sets it to 40%, he avoids Falco's and Sheik's stuff, correct? I'm not entirely sure of the correct % here, but it's somewhere in the area...

I believe it's 60% for Pika, too...

Basically, instead of getting CGed or locked for a set amount of % or a death combo, you put a lesser % on your character...

For instance, Put 60% handicap on, and Pika can't CG you to 80% anymore... Sheik couldn't lock you to 100ish, etc.

The only reason I can see that this wouldn't be allowed (putting a handicap on yourself) would be unfairness to other characters, but honestly, I do not have any idea how setting yourself to start at a % higher than your opponent could possibly be argued as an advantage...

basically, even more than Fox, there are characters that could hugely benefit from this... namely those that Falco death CGs... Wolf comes to mind. Falco vs Wolf would be playable... PT is another one... etc etc. Any type of lock that is % based and drastically hurts a character could be avoided, with the risk of starting out at a higher %...

Again, I can't imagine anybody arguing that this is unfair... the only real arguments I got in the thread before were that it was an unnecessary rule, but I think it's an interesting idea...

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
mhmm, im pretty sure its actually 40% for almost all the characters to get out of there crap early.

just being allowed to put a handicap on your character should totally be allowed honestly, if someone argues its unfair then the only thing they have on your character is the unbreakable chain or lock, and there fail smashers for relieing on that in the first place.

ima post in the rules thread now, any one who wants in should join me.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda

=D

We realized Fox was top tier and stopped discussing.
This made me lulz hardz.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
it's started... if you want to contribute to this, post in the rule discussion and KEEP POSTING there...

Also, spread this word to other char boards that owuld benefit. anybody you can think of.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Good stuff Fenrir.....I had never even considered this before.

Edit: all of you Fox mains need to seriously push for this.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Here's hoping it gets recognized this time...

We're doing this pretty well, though... instead of just "wahhhhh"ing about it, we're making valid points. I hope somebody sees it this time...

I don't know too many matchups outside of characters I play, so I'm not sure who exactly would benefit from this... or who Falco can really CG death spike well... I'm sure there's a number of chars he can do that to, though... Ness? Lucas? PT? Sheik? Ike? Ganon? CF? Link?? etc etc etc... who gets CG spiked to death?

Honestly, somebody more knowledgeable than I am about other matchups should really start posting in relevant char boards...
also, post a new thread on the char boards..... who cares if people don't like it, at least it'll get some attention... and honestly, who doesn't want to avoid CG death?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
A 5/6-frame move is pretty hard to avoid, even if you were the fastest ****ed character in the game.

Giving a handicap to yourself under the reasoning that it only "hurts" you seems to be a method of wording to hide information. Various Snake players have allowed themselves to get shot up by lasers so that they wouldn't have to live in fear of Falco's chaingrab into dair for the first 40% of their stock. You're essentially removing that period of vulnerability for free. Since you're giving yourself the opportunity to alter handicap at will, you've essentially traded the threat of a 60%+ or death setup.... for 40% a stock. Hell, against Marth you can get rid of that fthrow fsmash for 20% damage and fthrow dair gimp just by adding a 10% handicap.

How many people would look only at the fact that you're giving yourself a % handicap without seeing how it affects the character matchup you're about to play? And unlike counterpicking, where the other player is allowed to switch off the character to deal with your stagepick, you're just adding an arbitrary % to remove a disadvantage in your matchup, without possibility of response from the opponent. What's he gonna do, give himself a handicap?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Uh, yes it is. The only time you wouldn't have to worry about something easy to set up and extremely deadly to you is if you're assuming the matchup is always going to be between a smart Fox and a braindead opponent.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
the thing i would like this to get rid of is the absolut gayness that these chains and locks are.
think about it, its something a noob can pull off and a pro cant get out off, thats just rediculess.

with the posability for these incredibly stupid and cheap as **** things out of the way, it turns into a real fight. and not the race for the unavoidable kill and ultra damage combo that it is now.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
the thing i would like this to get rid of is the absolut gayness that these chains and locks are.
think about it, its something a noob can pull off and a pro cant get out off, thats just rediculess.

with the posability for these incredibly stupid and cheap as **** things out of the way, it turns into a real fight. and not the race for the unavoidable kill and ultra damage combo that it is now.
lol uzi. ;D

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
But I like ultra damage combos : (

It's like, the whole reason I picked Sheik.

Top Bottom