• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Jet300

Smash Ace
jjc>shine
jjc>grab
jjc>Utilt
jjc>d-smash
jjc>upsmash
I did this on like 10 people in a tournament one time on the platform on battlefield.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
10 people? Well done! I gotta find courage to jjc if I am staying grounded. What I mean would be having courage to just jjc out of shield or without any starter such as dash attack or dair...

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
No. Just all day the right side of my jaw has been sore. I can barely open my mouth and it hurts badly. I just ate the most painful meal of my life.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Oh..... sounds really really unpleasant and painful... Hope you get better soon! Do you have kind of cavity or sorts in your mouth? I heard those can irritate like that.

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
No. It's not a cavity. I've only ever had one and I didn't even notice. It didn't hurt at all. For the last few months the right side of my jaw has been popping and hurting a bit if I eat something hard or chewy. This is the first time it has ever been painful though. Unfortunately I will be busy at school all day tomorrow and graduate on Saturday, so I can't get it checked right away.

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
Sounds painful :\. I'd give a way to soothe it...but I know none. :<
_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Mastering ledge-hopped triple laser by tomorrow. Think I got it 80% mastered by now~

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, if it is a case of dislocated jaw or something, popping it back up would help. I kinda used to be able to do it for some reason lol. I basically could make popping noise and then so on. But yeah, dislocated jaw could be another possibility so.... I suggest popping back up but I would do it through doctor's. Moving on. @fox67890, but we ain't Falco.... They won't even flinch?

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
True, of course. Fox lasers don't make opponents flinch.
I've been thinking about it for awhile though, and it does have legit advantages though.
Firstly, it hits crouching opponents. If you feel threatened to approach a crouching Kirby/Sheik/Snake/etc, you could use this tech to hit them anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lCSYzQXpzzM#t=178s
I'll just post that before I forget to. That's what it looks like, but with only 2, rather than 3 lasers.

It also gives a nice damage output rather quickly against taller characters.
I'll give an example...
Suppose you're playing DDD and you're at a distance where lasers do 2 damage each.
It would take 5 SHTLs to net only 10 damage (assuming he doesn't jump anyway).
With this tech however, you could 12 damage from only doing it 2 times, rather than 5.
*against tall characters, 5 SHTLs from a certain disstance= 10 damage
*against tall characters, only 2 ledge-hoped triple lasers= 12 damage.
See the difference?

Now, I'm not saying to completely go from SHTLs to this laser tech, simply because that would be foolish. You need distance to do this safely since the lasers don't stun (as you said). But if you do have distance, this is actually a good alternative to use. I don't expect to use it a whole bunch of times in a row, but where I can fit it in, it'll do a nice amount of campy damage, which is good.

Thirdly, it might help counter camp opponents even further. Maybe anyway.
If you're firing all three lasers somewhat close to the ground, it might even make it harder for Snake to throw generades at us for instance. It could also make camping Olimar a lot more easier vs his pikmin toss. I'm not 100% sure on this point though, as I haven't tried it out against them at all yet.

I plan to use it sparingly overall. But like I said earlier, you only need to use it a few times to get a considerable amount of campy damage. From a distance SHTLs are generally the way to go, but I think this tech could be more beneficial at times if you have time/space to perform it.

edit: Keep writing walls of text >.>

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, do what you do best fox67890 (wall-o-text) :p Hmm yeah, but I just wish Fox's laser made opponents flinch. I will be ok with that stun being lower than Falco's. But then I can see some issues rise because of it :p Well, I guess back on topic, yeah I am sure it will be useful to make them think twice.

TKD

Smash Lord
I really wanna compete and become really great (which I'm totally capable of skills/smarts-wise). I just wish I had the time :(
Fox would be top tier if it weren't for the series of unfortunate programming events called Pikachu (those being his 0~death/110+% cg and our standing lasers not being low enough to hit a crouching Pika).

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Am I looking at a freshly written TKD post for real or am I just seeing things? O_o
TKD, as a first person to read this, welcome back (kinda since I don't know if you will be here regularly)! I certainly do hope that you will be checking this thread more often! Welcome back!
Hmm yes I agree with Pika lol, Pikachu may not be impossible to beat but it IS frustrating to beat one....

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Now I remember one of the reasons I stopped checking this thread...my issues with the evil server :evil: My post isn't even showing up :c

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
noooo server noooo...in part because of NAKAT's sig too but it does this on all threads :( it's just extreme here, that's why I quit checking here.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Am I looking at a freshly written TKD post for real or am I just seeing things? O_o
TKD, as a first person to read this, welcome back (kinda since I don't know if you will be here regularly)! I certainly do hope that you will be checking this thread more often! Welcome back!
Hmm yes I agree with Pika lol, Pikachu may not be impossible to beat but it IS frustrating to beat one....
I can't see any posts beyond this :( until I post

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, I don't know what is up with that. You and your relationship with the board. Connection perhaps could be the problem...

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yay, well those are images even though this site mandates them to be certain size, I would assume that those thing can tax you heavily in terms of connection.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
lol, so you're half human and half Fox :p Well, that proves this board is full of anmals :p Oh wait I'm one of those animals...

Top Bottom