• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

NAKAT

Smash Champion
i'm through part of the first video... looks decent, but still in need of practice. predictable and stuff. Man those texture hacks are distracting.

Hellooo...?
You might want to post more than that.
I'm assuming you like/play Fox :D

So is .joel moderator here? It lists his name in the Fox boards but his name's purple.
edit: discussion leader >_>
Yea no problem I am active on the Fox pr 's and the such. What is this for again?

PBnJ

Smash Cadet
Just so I'm clear on this, is the thread title supposed to be "Furry Confession and Rehabilitation: The Road to Learning Self-Acceptance - Fox GD!"

Because Re-habitation makes no sense in the context of the rest of the title. Unless it's just for the lulz.

Also, Meep's fox was fun to watch.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
LOL yes its supposed to be like that Grammer Nazi. Don't think to hard about it :p

EDIT: After watching Meep's Fox it is getting there defiantly his punishing of Marth's aerials were almost always pin-point.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I think so too. He had some other vids that were supposed to be coming through but the person who has them are too lazy to upload them.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGGCY9TmH24

holy **** you guys

I know TKD is good and all but

holy ****

/strive

by the way, whatever happened to Samboner? I haven't heard anything about him in a long time
I remember he beat Ultimate Razer and then after that I don't know
oh

my

god.

now, I haven't watched brawl videos in a long time, but i watched that one for no particular reason. I'm now substantially convinced that that matchup is ****ing impossible. Tkd had to play the first half of the game doing a whole bunch of stuff w/o making any mistakes at all, while snake can basically just do whatever he wants. Then at the end, the guy grows impatient and chokes, making it look like a much more favorous match for fox. Mad ****ing props to tkd for having nuts endurance at doing things right and outplaying that guy for 90% of the game. But that game definitely doesn't make me think it's close to an even matchup anymore :(

crifer

Smash Lord
oh

my

god.

now, I haven't watched brawl videos in a long time, but i watched that one for no particular reason. I'm now substantially convinced that that matchup is ****ing impossible. Tkd had to play the first half of the game doing a whole bunch of stuff w/o making any mistakes at all, while snake can basically just do whatever he wants. Then at the end, the guy grows impatient and chokes, making it look like a much more favorous match for fox. Mad ****ing props to tkd for having nuts endurance at doing things right and outplaying that guy for 90% of the game. But that game definitely doesn't make me think it's close to an even matchup anymore :(
exactly that´s what I´m trying to say in tne snake MU thread, but no one listens and they say it´s 50:50. >.<

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
These vids actually look **** good. his spacing around marths aerials, his way of punishung with dairs and laser usage are all pretty good, considering that he plays fox since a few weeks.
If I were to be so bold, I'd say his Fox is just "alright", but as a player he is exceptional so that's what makes him do well... like, he'd do well with other characters too.
I saw lots of mistakes, like using the wrong momentum canceling moves, or being terribly predictable with recovery, stuff like that that he'll improve on the longer he plays Fox.
oh

my

god.

well, watch the rest of the matches. That was just the MOST INTENSE match of all, I only found it because it's the only one TKD favorited. The rest of them are much less...scary.
I was seriously surprised he made that comeback.

after watching this "combo" video that I guess I already posted I've been working hard on techskill... or at least, teching skill. Like, I've been practicing hard with my friend on being more prepared for stagespikes, and surviving them, and stuff like that. The only problem with it is that most of the ones that kill me are because I DON'T expect it. Stuff is easy to tech if you know what to expect, and when. :/

I still need to master Illusion canceling, and the timing for SH single lasers. I'm fine at doing SHTL, and reverse SHTL, but single lasers are a little trickier.

Oh and Fox vs Snake... I dunno if it's even, but I feel like it's easier for Fox than it is for Kirby, since Kirby always has to get in close, while Fox can camp and can kill Snake with his superpowerful upsmash.

Robfox

Smash Lord
I never thought the MU was even. I always thought it was in Snakes favor.

oh

my

god.

Nice examination I totally agree.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
lolwut

iv never had problems with snake before, then again iv never played a snake that was... at my skill level i guess i should say

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I like your new sig Asdioh! Did you draw it yourself?

And fail advertisement:

Lol Nicholas Cage.

And omg, is Xiivi really back?
it's actually a really old sig, but I usually don't show my signature. I don't remember who drew it, but it was a guy from the Toon Link board/thread/group that I used to be in.

lol Nicolas Cage

And to be fair, that Snake that TKD was playing was REALLY good. I've never heard of him before but yeah he was good.

I thought it was funny how TKD has an amazingly flawless and technical Fox, and then he suicided when Frigate flipped over XD

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
ill get my friend to upload some fox vs snake this weekend. hopefully then you will see that it is a very difficult match up :/
the snake player is better than the one TKD played so it should be viable.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
is it just me or is fox surprisingly bad at killing people...

i shouldn't have a kirby living up to 200% on back to back stocks should i...

... yeah i suck

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
is it just me or is fox surprisingly bad at killing people...

i shouldn't have a kirby living up to 200% on back to back stocks should i...

... yeah i suck
That can happen with pretty much any character, but no Fox is decent at killing people. I have more trouble killing with Kirby unless I somehow have a fresh Bair and they're at high enough damage.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
you want predictable, try Kirby's fsmash :mad:
people complain about how "overpowered" it is but all you have to do is shield and punish the year of lag.

I love dashdance->upsmash with Fox. hard to predict when I'll use it when I'm dashdancing :D
until I trip

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Dude, I know this is getting old, but you should all start playing Fox in Melee. I haven't played Brawl in almost in a month, as I have no Wii at the moment, so I've been just playing Melee on and off. (Not even dedicatedly.) Yesterday when I played Brawl with my friends, I was using Nair a lot more, and more efficiently too. After SHFFL so much in Melee, the pace of Fox's falling speed in Brawl was a lot easier to control for me. Or, at least I was able to pull more chains, and use Nair in situations I thought would have been to hard for me to use before.

It's weird, but taking a break from Brawl and applying different strategies from other games is very important to do once in a while.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
last time i played melee and went back to brawl i couldn't control fox at all, ig uess it depends on the person :urg:

I have a serious inquiry however and it's something i quickly became kinda passionate to do.

so about 10 minutes ago while listening to pokemon music and screwing around in training mode i came to the realization that i am a very knowledgeable fox main, in the sense that i know a lot more about the character and how to play him than my actual ability would suggest. It also came to my attention that every attempt to create a guide for fox had instantly gone downhill (well not exactly, but i my personal view on that M@V uzi thread is a huge collection of combos and an overview of fox) and the attempt of making a video guide disappeared completely (Iblis where you at?).

As a result i thought to myself... hey i kind of want to make a seriously in depth guide covering every aspect of fox and playing fox competitively, i would start explaining the very basics and functions of the character, then i would start explaining stages and eventually move up towards advanced means of play and how to deal with everything the competitive scene will throw at you. i want to make this a video guide as it's easier to learn that way for some people... but i don't want this idea to go downhill... i want your guys support.

As of now what im asking for is for you guys to give me the go and start this project. I don't have anything interfering either, my summer school is only in the mornings leaving the rest of my day free so there won't be any schedule obstacles in making this...

so guys... Can you give me the thumbs up? :)

Lightning93

Smash Champion
DarkAura, you have my support. I just ask that you remain open to criticism, and that you are also willing for some collaborative effort. If you're going to be making a video guide, please ensure you have a good quality capture device and editing program. :)

And Player-3, that video was pretty hilarious. And I also noticed monkeyx4 was one of your opponents! How is he doing nowadays?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
He mains SNAKE now >.> He is doing pretty good though.

Good luck with the video guide cause I failed at it >.< also I have your support (I feel you sound like me from 4 months ago)

I'm still working on something atm and I'll post it soon as I think it is thread worthy.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
DarkAura, you have my support. I just ask that you remain open to criticism, and that you are also willing for some collaborative effort. If you're going to be making a video guide, please ensure you have a good quality capture device and editing program. :)
of course ill be open to criticism, the last thing i want is to make a guide you guys don't approve of, as for capture device im working on getting a PVR or something like that, for now however it's an HD camera with a tripod. Besides im planning on filming my controller and how i move my hands a fair bit so it makes it easier for me.

im probably going to move one of my TVs into my basement and make a pseudo recording studio so i don't have any interruptions.

theres another part i want approval on... im planning on splitting this into 3 sections; Beginner basics and fundamentals, Advanced gameplay & tactics, and dealing with competitive pressure and situations. Is that a go... or a no? (im open to ideas... anything you guys want ill consider)

Top Bottom