• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm going to the same tourney and using Fox

wish me luck using Fox

.....metaknight is scary

DarkAura

Smash Lord
Hey DarkAura! Try sticking around this time k?
thats my plan!

i recently got the urge to be competitive again so in absence of my wii iv been watching gameplays non stop.

my birthday is in less than 2 weeks, i probably won't but im trying to get another wii

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I have a confession to make...

I think Fox is really cool. Eh shoots lasers and doesn't afraid of anything.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
i don't really know, it just stopped working after a full year of being on

besides now i get a black one :D

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
Aww man the tournament I was going to got canceled and will no longer be tournaments in my home town now Im probably gonna need a car if I want to go to any tournaments :/

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Aww man the tournament I was going to got canceled and will no longer be tournaments in my home town now Im probably gonna need a car if I want to go to any tournaments :/
Step it up a notch. Find a big room with outlets in your town, contact the owners of it to try to borrow it for a saturday (i.e. you can promise them either a big attendance or $5 from everyone attending), then host a tournament. That's the only sure way to get tournies in your hometown anyways. Most people don't have the luxury of tournies in their towns and have to drive 20+ (on the upwards of 2.5 hours in the case of one group of really active smashers in my state) to get to their closest tournaments, and they manage.

There didn't use to be any tournaments in my whole state (the whole scene had died) until a group of my friends and I decided to start hosting them, and I've hosted ~30 since.

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
hmmmmm.... Ill see what I can do but I think it will be a long time before I have the power to do that (Im just starting to look for a summer job right now) and I still feel the need to get a car in order to do anything at all

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Step it up a notch. Find a big room with outlets in your town, contact the owners of it to try to borrow it for a saturday (i.e. you can promise them either a big attendance or $5 from everyone attending), then host a tournament. That's the only sure way to get tournies in your hometown anyways. Most people don't have the luxury of tournies in their towns and have to drive 20+ (on the upwards of 2.5 hours in the case of one group of really active smashers in my state) to get to their closest tournaments, and they manage.

There didn't use to be any tournaments in my whole state (the whole scene had died) until a group of my friends and I decided to start hosting them, and I've hosted ~30 since.
Just wanted to thank this guy for always being the voice of logic. I like to sugarcoat things, so I appreciate people who know how to get the facts out there without sounding like a complete ****.

Good luck with your tourneys dude :).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279002

tourney results

I used Fox and Kirby 3 games each in brackets (0-2, 2-0, 0-2) went Fox, Kirby each set.
I used Fox against 2 MKs and a Falco in pools. I lost to the Falco 1-2 when I know I should have won, which I later proved by 2-stocking that same Falco in brackets. He CPed Japes this time, since I banned it first time, which is what I was hoping for, so I went Kirby on Japes and 2-stocked his Falco again because Kirbycide is an autokill on that stage and I love it.

Lost to Kel's MK (one of the better MKs in the midwest) 0-2 in pools, but they were close games coming down to last stock both times. I recorded the second match, hopefully it will get uploaded. Unfortunately I suicided on my last stock because I was offstage Fairing for some reason, and after that Fair ended my intent was to double jump Fair, which somehow turned into Fair and fall down to die.
Beat another MK in pools, don't know much about him.
Lost to Thinkaman's Jigglypuff with Kirby (was fun, but man Jigglypuff can be campy XD) and then beat him in Falcon dittos that he suggested, much to his dismay.
Lost to L-cancel's Olimar with Kirby, because I knew my Fox would just get *****. It's a bad matchup for Fox, right?

Went up against Judge's MK first round brackets, got 3-stocked with Fox, then JV 3-stocked with Kirby.
Beat the Falco second round.
Went up against Renegade's Snake third round... got 3-stocked with Fox again, 2-stocked with Kirby. I should have done better, but I was kind of in a rush, and I didn't mind losing because it was late and I had a 2 hour drive home to do still. Next time I won't make careless mistakes against Snake.

I need to go to tournaments more often, it's been almost 4 months since my last one. It's hard to beat characters you don't play against... my friend just plays Sonic and he's alright, but not amazing :/
So I'll have no trouble against Sonic if I ever play one in a tournament >_>

So yeah, notable losses are to Olimar in pools, then Snake and MK in brackets. Olimar is a nightmare for me, Snake is tough but beatable, and MK feels like he is literally unbeatable in the hands of a good player.

What to do..

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Great job Asdioh! I'm not sure if Olimar is that bad, there are ways to corner him, but it's reeeeeaaally difficult. No Fox player I've met has experience in the MU, and conventional tricks don't work on him due to his height and the fact shine does not work well against his projectile. Approaching is very difficult because of his spacing, and pivot grab, but if you manage to catch him off guard with no pikmin on you, damage racking becomes pretty natural. But man, this guy just eats your approaches. And it's almost impossible to outcamp if you're on a smaller stage.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Hi Fox players. The Peach SD is closed right now and I'm just dropping in some other Character SD/GD/CD's to see if I can maybe start having casual discussions in them. Also...

Great job Asdioh! I'm not sure if Olimar is that bad, there are ways to corner him, but it's reeeeeaaally difficult. No Fox player I've met has experience in the MU, and conventional tricks don't work on him due to his height and the fact shine does not work well against his projectile. Approaching is very difficult because of his spacing, and pivot grab, but if you manage to catch him off guard with no pikmin on you, damage racking becomes pretty natural. But man, this guy just eats your approaches. And it's almost impossible to outcamp if you're on a smaller stage.
Lol Olimar. I never thought of him as that hard to approach thanks to Peach's D-Air. Out of curiosity, can't you just Shine off the Pikmin that latch onto you, or does that not work?

DarkAura

Smash Lord
Lol Olimar. I never thought of him as that hard to approach thanks to Peach's D-Air. Out of curiosity, can't you just Shine off the Pikmin that latch onto you, or does that not work?
if it did it would make my life a lot easier.

actually considering i haven't played in 6 months im not sure.

Top Bottom