• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Lightning93

Smash Champion
TJoe, you were so mad last night. You tried to bring out the MK, and I like, well, beat it. Same in DK dittos.

Headbutt>headbutt>heabutt>shield break>headbutt>monkey punch. Who lets that happen to them?

And spamming up-b till like 80%? Worse than Jenkins against Yoshi's egg roll.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Man, Pound 4...a lot of events and drama happened...I wish I could of gone...or watched some of the matches. XD

Jenkins

Smash Lord
TJoe, you were so mad last night. You tried to bring out the MK, and I like, well, beat it. Same in DK dittos.

Headbutt>headbutt>heabutt>shield break>headbutt>monkey punch. Who lets that happen to them?

And spamming up-b till like 80%? Worse than Jenkins against Yoshi's egg roll.
no way.

no way its that bad.

no way.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I just got ***** (as Kirby) against a Lucario on wifi. Like, he just kept throwing out moves and hitting me, and there was nothing I could do.
So I SD'd, cped Fox and Halberd, and managed to win.
Then I got 3-stocked on Frigate because it was laggy, but yeah Fox is cool.

He has lasers.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
I'd love to play with you guys eventually sometime, I gotta fix my internet wifi again...(sigh)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Toronto Joe has such a good Fox.

I have such a terrible Kirby.

Went 1-9 on AiB ladder today, it was a total joke. So I went and played Roy against CPUs for a couple hours, since I want to be good at Melee (but not with a top tier character, won't make much difference since I suck anyway)

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
roy always boosts morale

i failed so hard at my new years resolution to get good at melee...just aint happnin

Curaga

Smash Ace
I have a few questions for the community..

I'm making a rule set for the tournaments that I host. I'm trying to incorporate the rules that I've dreamed for in this game. I would just like some feed back on this list:

1. All chain-grabs must conclude after 40% dmg has been dealt.
2. Chain-grabs that conclude with a "walk off" KO are still allowed.
3. Attacks that exploit fall speed or any infinite must conclude after 40% dmg has been dealt.
*The use of tech-chasing can still be used strategically to further grab/combo strings.

Obviously because Fox has the worst problem with these types of methods, I need the absolute polar opinion on the subject before I consult the opinion of players who use chain-grabs or exploitations frequently.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
How exactly are you going to enforce these?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
^ that's the problem with this game. You can't enforce the rules. Not without wasting a lot of time and having it be a huge pain in the ***.

And what if Kirby does a grab combo that does, say, 51%, as his fthrow-uair-fthrow-uair-Fsmash does?
It's not a true combo, but a lot of people think it is because they don't know how to SDI?
What then?!?! O_O

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I have a few questions for the community..

I'm making a rule set for the tournaments that I host. I'm trying to incorporate the rules that I've dreamed for in this game. I would just like some feed back on this list:

1. All chain-grabs must conclude after 40% dmg has been dealt.
2. Chain-grabs that conclude with a "walk off" KO are still allowed.
3. Attacks that exploit fall speed or any infinite must conclude after 40% dmg has been dealt.
*The use of tech-chasing can still be used strategically to further grab/combo strings.

Obviously because Fox has the worst problem with these types of methods, I need the absolute polar opinion on the subject before I consult the opinion of players who use chain-grabs or exploitations frequently.
No. Unenforceable, and rather arbitrary. Why 40%? Why not ban X, Y, or Z as well? You realize also that ICs are gimped quite badly with this.

If you're looking to arbitrarily increase character viability and chance of appearance, why not just ban MK? (lol i'm kidding)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Coming from an experienced TO, you'd be giving yourself more trouble with your rules than you'd actually get from it. You won't be able to verify that people obeyed them unless you went to extreme measures of observation or hacking/replays/time wasting, and are simply wasting lots of TOHours.

Furthermore, what happens if someone does something on the border, like their chaingrab does 41%. It's impossible to really tell exactly how much damage your move is going to do ahead of time due to decay and the imprecision induced by the % counter not showing your decimal component of damage.

Finally, what are your goals even with these rules? The SBR has an already widely accepted ruleset that virtually everyone agrees with. You'd probably lose a fair amount of attendance by making your own custom ruleset as opposed to using the SBRs.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
ok
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Tier_list
The brawl tier list is the starting point. The space between 18-19th place is the midpoint between the two half's of the list.

You pick you top 3 best characters, the ones you play the most as/best/in tourny etc

The scoring system works like so. The top half of the list has negative numbers and the bottom half has positive numbers.
[since there are 18 high spots and 19 low spots you give the high spots (+1) to there score so a -1 is -2 and a -5 is -6]
Fox is 3 to the right of the mid point so he counts as +3
Meta knight is 18 from center and on the high half so he gets a (+1) so his score is -19

Now take your stop 3 characters and find there score and post it here.
also if you seriously only play as 3 or 2 or even 1, just place that character in the other spots and multiply the score.

you also cut the score of your second and third character in half, so someone who main metaknight would have to second with ganon and link to get back to neutral. same for someone who mains ganon, but secondaries with metaknight and snake.

My list goes like so.
Main.........secondairy........................... ....................third
Fox +3 + Marth -13(devide by 2 to get 6.5) + Ice climbers -9(devide by 2 to get 4.5)= -8 on the high tier side.

I main Fox, but have Ice and Marth as back ups which all the are either middle or mid high tier, so my score is a bit below neutral on the scale.

How do you guys score?

Lightning93

Smash Champion
I still appreciate the help guys, maybe if you could back up my morals, maybe say I don't have the capacity to do something so awful?

But don't do it cause I said so, do it because you believe I won't. (If you do.)

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I main Meta Knight, Snake, Diddy, Wario, and Falco.
Am i a tier *****? :/

Top Bottom