• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FD or Battlefeild?

LinkSceptile333

Smash Journeyman
Battlefield seems more "fair" to characters without projectiles, but Final Destination is a pretty good stage too.

I prefer Animal Crossing stage, though.

Amide

Smash Lord
Everyone plays FD, and it seems cooler too. Battlefield is the better stage in my opinion. It rewards camping less, but if there aren't campers, FD is great.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
As a Marth main, I **** on Battlefield, but I also like FD because I've memorized the floor markings for an ultimate spacing advantage. I almost never miss my tippers on FD.

Battlefield has abusable platforms though, and helps me with my projectile weakness, and DOESN'T have a gimping edge, so I'll have to go with this one.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
FD cause my TL has an open playing field so I can abuse my projectiles. But I'm good against R.O.B. on Battlefield

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Battlefield. I don't really like the new FD. Sure, the background is prettier and all, but the music sucks, it's too small for people used to Melee's FD, and don't even get me started on the edges.

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
I prefer battle feild since I don't get as much lag but final destination I like because it's just epic... but not when people play on it every 5 secs >.>

eyan.

Smash Rookie
i favor the battlefield because it has better scenery and the platforms tend to be very helpful at times of need in battle. but then again FD is rather good

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
FD favors spamming projectiles. Less approach methods.

Battlefield is the way to go.

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
Battlefield. I don't really like the new FD. Sure, the background is prettier and all, but the music sucks, it's too small for people used to Melee's FD, and don't even get me started on the edges.
music sucks...

Anyway, it totally depends on the character, for R.O.B, Dedede, Snake, FD.

Likewise, for Marth, Ganon and Lucario, BF.

Smashville is the fairest, IMO.

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
It all depends on your charachter
When im using Marth obviously i prefer Battlefield, Marth doesnt have anything he can do about spammers in FD except try to aviod the projectile being spammed so thats 1 reason i like BF better for marth and also when ure oppoenent is on the ledges Marth just owns.

When i use Lucario or ROB i dont really mind which 1 i get because both have advantages and disadvantages

overall id say Battlefield is better

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
I like Battlefield more, I just love plataforms d^_^b... (except the ones one lylat Cruise...)

FEJunkie

Smash Apprentice
Both are rather good stages.

I'd say that I like Battlefield a little more than Final Destination, mostly because the ledges are more forgiving. Final Destination's lip isn't that bad, but that also depends on the character you play.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I prefer Battlefield a lot more but find myself choosing Final Destination...

Battlefield has platforms. Platforms are fun. XD

kATAlyst

Smash Apprentice
Battlefield.
projectiles are ok, but when you get juggled and constantly shot on the way down, and get lipped on the way up...

Charizard92

Smash Champion
As a PT mainer, I don't know, both of them serve another one's advantage or pokes at another ones disadvantage. They are pretty even, although FD does have advantages against Meta, who is really hard against PT.

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
yoshi's island, no... smashville, oh whoops battefield, much easier to stop projectile spammers/campers

Manic_1

Smash Cadet
Battle Field because it seems more "fair" than FD which favors projectile spammers.

fujbubccc

Smash Apprentice
You can absolutely be attacked from above/below on FD, as long as your opponent is willing to play the edge. But I agree with you Mewtario. Battlefield caters too much to people with good utilts or usmashes. A usmash spamming Wolf can essentially take away two of the three platforms from you.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
You can absolutely be attacked from above/below on FD, as long as your opponent is willing to play the edge. But I agree with you Mewtario. Battlefield caters too much to people with good utilts or usmashes. A usmash spamming Wolf can essentially take away two of the three platforms from you.
Same with those same attacks on Lucario.

Peck

Smash Apprentice
The battlefield has some platforms while FD does not. So lets say a Zelda jumped onto the platform then a DK used his upsmash directly udner the platform-byby ddd.
But that cant really happen on Fd.

meta master

Smash Journeyman
both, i just let the other person pick. maybe FD if the other person isnt a spammer. i dont like battlefield because when you're on a platform and you're meta knight, someone like DK does a uSmash... ouch...

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
Battlefield in a blow out. I cant stand the projectile spammers on Final D. Plus the semi-western music of BF destroys all of Final D's music

Top Bottom