• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FC3 - Midwest vs West (ITS DONE)

silverdragon

Smash Apprentice
cF=) said:
I still can't believe how large is the population of "Happy campy player" WC have. Average of like 80% the time MW had to attack first and then they got punished >.>

It goes on also for the East vs West crew match... I mean, it's nice to win but lasering 50 damage on someone is just boring IMO.
Wait...who on WC was camping?

VgtPrncfllSyns said:
We don't? *Slides severed head behind back.* Right...

At any rate, am I the only one that wanted to turn off the crew battle after Isai picked Fox?
Probably. Isai has one of the sexiest Foxes ever.

5150 said:
ken learn to control your sisters, this is not halo 2, we do not kill each other over a video game
Ummmmmmmm...roofles.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
VgtPrncfllSyns said:
Cmon man! You know you wanted to see Dark vs Isai, Falcon on Falcon! Dark would have won!
I don't think so man, Isai won with Fox and Falcon's his main. He would've probably done better with Falcon but DarkRain would've definitely given him some trouble.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Mista Sinista said:
I don't think so man, Isai won with Fox and Falcon's his main. He would've probably done better with Falcon but DarkRain would've definitely given him some trouble.
plus it was a crew battle and fox counters teh falcon so such things were smart on teh isais part, rather then risking losing a falcon ditto and darkrain taking even more stock. isai has stopped being all falcon for some time now heh he plays fox more then falcon these days in tournies it seems.

ADAD

Smash Cadet
Its a nice video, the battles has intense, in special ken`s (fox) and darkrian`s (capitan).

Peekay

Smash Rookie
Thank you, early commenters, for not spoiling the ending.

Wow, my palms got sweaty just WATCHING that video... great matches, guys. Congrats to the winners!

dmac

Smash Champion
according to the rules of the crew battle, the incoming player could only change his character if the player who won the previous match had decided to pick the stage. so in fact, it was darkrain who didn't let isai have the option to change his character.

they did play falcon dittos in fc pools though, and isai won.

DYC

Smash Champion
uh i'm pretty sure the rule is that if the incoming player chooses the stage then the player who just won can elect to change their character so they don't get double counterpicked.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Which is exactly what dmac said?

As far as I know Darkrain didn't pick the stage, so Isai couldn't change his character. So it was Fox vs. Falcon. Where's the complication?

DYC

Smash Champion
Qwester said:
Which is exactly what dmac said?

As far as I know Darkrain didn't pick the stage, so Isai couldn't change his character. So it was Fox vs. Falcon. Where's the complication?
Learn to read Qwester. its the exact opposite of what Dmac said.

Dmac said that Darkrain didnt choose the stage so isai couldnt change his character.

Darkrain was the player who won. Isai was the incoming player.
Isai is the only person who could have chosen the stage. If ISAI had chosen the stage Darkrain could have changed HIS character. NOT the other way around.

Jesus.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
****, someone feels hard done to. If reading all this is too much for you, take a break. Taking an insulting tone really isn't called for.

Despite the whole room calling out for a falcon ditto, they were obviously all wrong.

Time out anyone?

SynikaL

Smash Lord
I got a serious boner when Ken's sister screamed "You shut the fvck up.*****". That was hot.

Wait a minute, I'm 22 years old. Please no one call the cops...

-KG

KishSquared

Smash Master
Just to clarify, the rules for FC Regional Crews allows for the INCOMING player to select a stage to play at. This allows the DEFENDING player to switch characters if they so choose.

This is a confusing rule so don't feel bad for misunderstanding it. All the captains knew the rule though which is all that really matters. The same rule will be in effect for FC6. People were chanting "Falcon! Falcon!" in vain because Isai's character was pre-picked. They were just overly hopeful.

I also have to say this - people need to shut up about Ken's sisters. I watched the video and all that happened was that they were sitting next to the camera, which was in the middle of the crowd. They were screaming no more than ANYONE else there. In fact, almost every EC member was louder. It's not their fault that they were picked up by the mic more than them. So do not insult them, they're both sweet and incredibly supportive of their family and it was an honor having them attend FC3.

Thanks.

VgtPrncfllSyns

Smash Ace
The only person I'll badmouth openly is myself, for not being there. Is everybody serious here when they're saying "Wow, I can't believe I was that bad back then!"

Would you really have improved so much that you would look back on yourself and say that? I can, but I improve a mile a day.

dmac

Smash Champion
whoa i was spreading mistruth! mah bad! been thinkin that way for like 9 months... whoops :( sorry bout that

DYC

Smash Champion
KishSquared said:
Just to clarify, the rules for FC Regional Crews allows for the INCOMING player to select a stage to play at. This allows the DEFENDING player to switch characters if they so choose.

This is a confusing rule so don't feel bad for misunderstanding it. All the captains knew the rule though which is all that really matters. The same rule will be in effect for FC6. People were chanting "Falcon! Falcon!" in vain because Isai's character was pre-picked. They were just overly hopeful.

I also have to say this - people need to shut up about Ken's sisters. I watched the video and all that happened was that they were sitting next to the camera, which was in the middle of the crowd. They were screaming no more than ANYONE else there. In fact, almost every EC member was louder. It's not their fault that they were picked up by the mic more than them. So do not insult them, they're both sweet and incredibly supportive of their family and it was an honor having them attend FC3.

Thanks.

How's that crow taste Qwester?

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tasty :)

Thanks for behaving like a 2 year old. You wanna get personal, AIM me. Otherwise, please direct your comments towards everyone who held this misconception. *******.

Peekay

Smash Rookie
Well, despite all the banter about the rules and such, i thought the video was amazing. Thanks, bash.

Though i was a bit disappointed that i didn't get to see some Marth players at that level... my friend plays a pretty good Marth, i was hoping to pick up some counters to his combos from this video. Perhaps i'll just have to look around. ^_^"

Watty

Smash Lord
all in all i think the mw team did really well personnel wise we juss messed up with are strat i guess. god i really thought we shoulda had that. mw got this this year though

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I figured it was a long time ago. I just missed it all while it was happening. :(

Zero34

Smash Lord
midwest had darkrain as their game breaking player and west had ken obviously...darkrain is so dang good. and amusing how both isai and ken werent even using their mains lol

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
DarkRain did a couple of really ******** things though. Like why the hell would you go into perfect infinite shine/drillshine zones... numerous times.

DYC

Smash Champion
Because it's so easy to never screw up when you are in the biggest smash event ever and there are almost 200 people standing behind you cheering for you and you just Four stocked a peach and just did a death combo on one of the best Foxes in the nation that caused a louder cheer than any smash Tournament winning event ever.

Easy right?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
LOL @ DYC. No pressure right?

LOL @ HoChiMinhTrail. Crazy Canadians.

My home Internet chose a fabulous day to crash and burn. I need to reboot my router before I can start downloading again. Meanwhile I have to check the daily happenings at work or on my bro's PC. :(

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Keep in mind, no one plays the same when every stock matters. Some people go all out, others play conservative. It really changes the way people play the game, ups the pressure a TON, and gives players like Ken an excuse to go all out.

^_^ It's brilliant. Who came up with this idea?

Watty

Smash Lord
KishPrime said:
^_^ It's brilliant. Who came up with this idea?

LMFAO i dunno who woulda thought of sucha crazy system. musta been some noobs ^_^

Top Bottom