• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

|FBT6 - BRAWL| March 20-21 Oshkosh, WI. West Circuit Event #2 - Results in 1st Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
So, I was wondering, if anyone would want to house us Minnesotans, which would consist of Yoshii, DendyPretendy, Moe, and myself. In all honesty, I just really want a shower... lol. I do not mind staying Friday night, but I do not want to drive 5+ hours saturday night, Deer + Dark + Country driving = OUCH! So if any of you fine Wisconsin Smashers would be willing to let us stay over Saturday night, and maybe just give me a shower Friday night, you will be my best friend forever. Thanks so much!!!

Sago

Smash Lord
okay brawl is already not a terribly deep game, having a good set of pretty wacky counterpicks adds much needed depth in the competative community. Ganon the 5th since your so good and skilled lets have a 10dollar money match?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Heh, we'll see who the home of Falcon is...

Ganondorf-the-stage-hater, you have Falcon as your character picture. Falcon ditto MM?

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
you should hold off melee side tourney till I get there :)

edit: brawl falcon is gross, money match my melee falcon (the real manly falcon)

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I'm liking the hype for this tournament so far. I expect a good turnout and Kansas should have confirmation on whether or not we'll be attending, by the end of this weekend.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
edit: brawl falcon is gross, money match my melee falcon (the real manly falcon)
I prefer the Brawl Falcon, since it requires more skill to play, cause all I ever see from Melee Falcon is people using mostly the Knee, Uair to Knee, Dtilt to Knee, Rapter Boost to Knee, Up trow to Knee, or Down Trow, point being is more satisfying to land a Knee in Brawl that it is on Melee IMO o(^w^)o

Ethan.

Smash Ace
I prefer the Brawl Falcon, since it requires more skill to play, cause all I ever see from Melee Falcon is people using mostly the Knee, Uair to Knee, Dtilt to Knee, Rapter Boost to Knee, Up trow to Knee, or Down Trow, point being is more satisfying to land a Knee in Brawl that it is on Melee IMO o(^w^)o
if you havent tried playing falcon on a competitive level in melee, please do NOT say things like this.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I agree brawl falcon is better. Not as in skill better or as better character because brawl clearly made falcon a million times worse, but he is way more epic and fun now. And falcon was my melee main for awhile and Joker has got it right.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
so like half of MN backed out in the last minute. I'd just thought i'd let you guys know that MN will just have 1 car of people this time around. Me, greenbunny, yoshii, tunuva and maybe funen1.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
if you havent tried playing falcon on a competitive level in melee, please do NOT say things like this.
I have try playing him competitive, I have seen pros play him, still I just don't like him, no I lie, who doesn't like the Falco, "You Messed With The Falcon And You Get The Horns"

I agree brawl falcon is better. Not as in skill better or as better character because brawl clearly made falcon a million times worse, but he is way more epic and fun now. And falcon was my melee main for awhile and Joker has got it right.
Yeah that's what I mean, I know he's not ever going to be Melee Falcon, is just that I like Brawl Falcon cause people don't rely on the Knee to kill, is just that you see the Knee so much in Melee that your like :urg: but then you see a Knee on Brawl and your like O.O

If anyone says brawl falcon is better, they are wrong because of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evb-V4--Bsk
Yeah but when something like this happens, it makes it that much epic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TePtKpaOY8&feature=channel_page

Ethan.

Smash Ace
i disagree... if that happened in melee it would have been way better because its obvious it would have taken more skill and timing to pull it off. Melee is a much faster game, so much more accurate timing is needed.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I just don't get it.

When someone does as amazing combo in Melee, it proves Melee is better than Brawl.
When someone does an amazing combo in Brawl, it proves Melee is better than Brawl.
When someone does an amazing combo in Smash 64, it proves Melee is better than Brawl.
When someone gets a new speedrun record for a Metroid game, it proves Melee is better than Brawl.
When someone gets stuck on a boss in Mega Man 9, it proves Melee is better than Brawl.
When my grandma plays Wii Music, it proves Melee is better than Brawl.

It's like global warming: you can have the coldest winter on record and it "proves global warming", because everything proves global warming.

What are you doing in this thread anyways? As far as I can tell, you showed up with no purpose other than to tell Joker that his stated opinion is wrong. I'm sorry that I have the audacity to agree with him, and think that Brawl Falcon is one of the best/most fun parts of any Smash game.

Anyone else up for Falcon ditto MMs?

Jahordon

Smash Journeyman
The only thing improved about Captain Falcon in Brawl from Melee is that the superior graphics of Brawl allow for better definition of his exquisite pectorales.

Ethan.

Smash Ace
brawl falcon is bad. I main melee falcon, so comparing the two is utterly ridiculous. There is no comparison. Brawl isn't a combo based game. It's more of a "live for 200% then die to a ftilt" game, therefore none of the characters have really satisfying combos. Melee falcon is completely based around combos, and when brawl came out, they took that aspect out of his game, now he is more of a "cant do anything because he's so bad" character. So yes, if melee falcon and brawl falcon fought, melee falcon would kick the latters ***.

honestly I don't understand why its so hard for you to understand the concept. Maybe its how long you've been apart of the smash community so you haven't gotten a chance to see how good melee is.

Dragmire

Smash Lord
I secondary falcon for both melee and brawl and yeah it's very obvious it takes MUCH much more skill to play in melee.

these are based 1 out of 10 (10 being most diffcult)

MELEE FALCON: Tech skill = 7 (includes moonwalk, good SHFFLC, and other apsects of melee) matchup's = 6 (falcon has some tough matchups) overall metagame variables = 10 (there's a hell of a lot of small components that can throw a game into someones favor including physics, knowledge of game, tech skill, and performance in a specific set) = 23

BRAWL FALCON: tech skill = 2 (brawl requires little tech skill to play at all) Matchup's = 10 (he sucks so it's obvious) overall metagame variables = 3 (emphasis on METAgame, being serious there's little that's different for falcon that can't be done to more than half the cast and crew so it's not an individual hindrance) = 15

out of a maximum 30 points these are basic components but HUGE staples in competitive gameplay for both brawl and melee ratings at least.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
This discussion needs to go in a different direction.

Talking about Brawl Falcon's musculature = OK. Results in good times had by all.
Talking about which game takes more skill = not OK. Results in arguments and hurt feelings.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Brawl players don't troll Melee tourney threads, so Brawl tourney threads shouldn't have to put up with this trolling spam.

This is a thread for FBT6. People who don't plan on attending FBT6 or discussing the results have no business posting here.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
accept all these people are attending fbt6 so yes. they have "business" posting in here.
That "business" does not include bashing the tourney's only game whether they are attending or not. Forgive me if I was wrong in assuming they wouldn't be attending, I just didn't see any of these names on the registration form. (Which is understandable if they haven't signed up; I myself only did just now, I forgot about it.)

Also, I need a teams partner! Who doesn't suck and needs one?

Cook

Smash Master
I've also never met a person named Hunger that was worth knowing, because the only Hunger I know makes people fat.

hunger!

Smash Champion
I've also never met a person named Hunger that was worth knowing, because the only Hunger I know makes people fat.
lol. mw:w people are so ********. Hunger does not make you fat. It's starvation...Someone needs to learn definitions of the words they use.

edit: and if you try to make some snappy comeback with name again. let me be the one to tell you it's part of my last name. just getting that out there before you say anything stupid about the word "hunger" again.

And the brawl melee discussion is ********. Quit bickering people because any logical person will know the real answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom